SCD Series 18 Discussion Thread

*Wallace

1 minute ago, ungodlyhour said:

first jeannie and now nicola 💔 both my favs withdrawing this year this is so sad :( 

Aww I didn't know either were your top faves. 😢 Jeannie was my top fave of DWTS too and that was ugh. Nicola wasn't a top fave but still a fave, so its still heartbreaking.

Ugh that is 2020 for you. :/ :broken: 

• Like 1

Motsi also has to isolate so won’t be at the show for the next 2 (I believe) weeks either. 😮 There are rumours that Anton may fill in...which I’d rather not see but I guess that may make it easier to have someone in the studio judging. I guess will see.

I do appreciate how the show is doing the best they can to keep the everything going but ahh, been a tough few weeks :( Rylan is also self isolating so won’t be cohosting It Takes Two.

• Like 1

Aww Motsi. :( But of course she's doing the right thing. Oooh I do like Anton as a judge! And I lowkey wish they had him replace Bruno (until he's able to come back). Just cause I don't like 3 judges scoring on Strictly. :haha:  I look forward to how he judges and scores - although hope he won't be too annoying there and try too hard to be funny - which means he totally will, lol.

I heard about this with Rylan too. :( This is all such craziness but props to the production for going about this all the right and proper way.

• Like 1

Week 4 rehearse footage preview (from early on in the week).

Sad seeing Nicola on there now, but at least we see a bit of her dance (which we will not get to see) :( I do think from this footage - Clara, HRVY, Maisie looks like the standouts. Hopefully Clara can get the scores she deserve. Although I wouldn’t count out others on improving throughout the week.

• Like 1

Already missing Nicola & Katya. :( 

LOL this show is really selling the who Jamie & Karen twins act, by having them in the same outfits now. :dead::lmao:

HRVY & Janette Salsa up to open the show! Very excited for this dance! 😄  

HRVY & Janette - Salsa: 8/10/9 = 27

Ranvir & Giovanni - Cha-Cha: 5/7/8 = 20

Really great fun and entertaining Salsa from HRVY & Janette Salsa up to open the show! HRVY had a lot of the basics down from the partnering/arm  work, rhythm, hip action, fluidity and he did much better with the lifts than what i was expecting.  

Actually not surprised Shirley gave out the 10. I did actually expect higher scores here, but those are really good scores! I actually think/am sure Motsi would have given a 10 if she was there.

Ranvir did decent with her Cha-Cha. She does well with bringing the sass into her characters - and I felt she started and ended well. There were some parts in the middle with her footwork that didn’t look as great and some parts she lost some steam/energy, but she did have some good partnering. Not as good as her Foxtrot but that was expected. 

WTH @ Craig’s 5 though? Didn’t expect that low of a score but then Anton’s 8 helped? Thinking she could be in danger, depending how strong her fanbase is. Would be farr too soon to lose her like this.

Max & Dianne American  Smooth next.

Max & Dianne - American Smooth: 5/7/8 = 20

Eeek kinda agree with Craig that Max kinda played that dance safe. :( He had an epic Big Band song but feel he didn’t fully embrace and take advantage of it. Although I don’t think it was as bad as he said. But Max did dance it nicely but it came off a bit safe & careful and lacking expression in the lines/arms. He did well with the lifts.

Okayy so I guess Anton won’t go below an 8 tonight? :dead: Again like with Ranvir’s dance, the 5 was too harsh but the 8 was too nice.

JJ, Maisie  and Bill are the next 3. JJ up now.

JJ & Amy - Jive: 4/6/7 = 17

Ooh wow JJ got his surprise video from Prince Harry (do we still call him Prince Harry?) :omg: Plus JJ gets to wear his army uniform here too? Wow there is no way JJ is gonna be in danger now….. no matter how this dance goes. :dead:

OK I do like and appreciate that they really challenged JJ here. The song and theme suited him well. Sadly I wasn’t expecting this Jive to be so good and yeah…. it wasn’t. It did lack the flexibility and was a bit stiff - and kicks & flicks weren’t too good. It  was labored and lacked sharpness there.

Anton with the 7. :dead: I am not surprised but yay him not going the 8 route. Can’t disagree with Craig or Shirley’s score here though.

Omg Claudia apologize for some language that happened on  Max’s segment? What happened? :dead: Maisie Cha-Cha time. ❤️ Although when are they going to put her on the middle of the show?

Maisie & Gorka - Cha-Cha: 7/8/9 = 24

Really cute and fun Cha-Cha from Maisie. It had a cute Barbie and Ken theme which she performed and had fun with, though the them kinda took over for me. It sadly wasn’t the type of Cha-Cha I wanted from her as I wish she had a hotter more traditional kind of Cha-Cha. Her technique with her footwork, partnering and hip action did look on  point. I’ll need a re-watch but still good but probably my least fave from her. :ph34rwave:

Do think Anton’s 9 was a bit nice but then again….. he couldn’t give an 8 as he gave Ranvir and Max’s dances which were weaker 8’s too. :lmao: 

Bill & Oti time. Strangely excited for this Street dance! :dead:

Bill & Oti - Street/Commercial: 8/10/9 = 27

Okayy Bil’s Street was really a lot of fun and entertaining. :dead: He did dance it well, performed well and had such a whole lot of fun with that. He had the style and attitude down and kept up well with Oti. He did better than I expected there. This was great. Lots of fun! 

Shirley with the 10 again. :dead: And lol i am more convinced than ever that Bill is totally winning this. :haha: I must admit that i am a fan now, even though I’ve been trying g to hide it lmao. :lmao: 

Jamie, Caroline and Clara the last 3. Caroline up now!

5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

The way Bill continues to serve! I don’t know how it continues to surprise me every week :dead: :wub:

4 minutes ago, ungodlyhour said:

this oh my god he just keeps being good when i expect him to not do well with a dance :dead: oti is a mastermind

LMAOO Same @ both of these comments. :dead: 

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Clara closing the show?! Her breakthrough is coming y’all :wub:

About time! Her training footage for this dance looks amazing! :omg: