Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2021 at 6:46 PM, miss denise said:

- That was me for the whole season too. :haha: 

- It was.... and lol, I'm not sure that makes it better. :dead: 

- I had no idea. 😮  I feel like I can too, but this didn't have the same affect on me.

Yeah, Mara was one of my favorites. :( 

10. Caleb Lee Hutchinson - You've Got A Friend In Me: I got it into the Top 10. :wub: I know the song choice was predictable, but I loved Caleb and this was one of my favorite performances of his. It was perfectly Caleb, so I loved it. :giggle: 

09. Dennis Lorenzo - Can You Feel The Love Tonight: I don't remember how I ranked this but I can guess based on the average here. :haha: I love this song so much, but didn't love his performance of as much as you. I do think it was good. 

08. Casey Bishop - When She Loved Me: You may remember I wasn't a big Casey fan, but this was a beautiful vocal from her. Although it's also a song that doesn't do much for me... but it was still a strong showing. I'm surprised you say it was your second favorite of the season, because your comments don't sound like that? Or you mean second Disney performance from the season? 

T-05. Laine Hardy - Oo-De-Lally: Wow, a three-way tie here. 😮 Yess, I loved this Laine performance and it's one of my favorites of his, if not my favorite. It was a different choice, which I appreciated, and agree it was nice and charming. ❤️ 

T-05. Jonny West - Almost There: I also love the original, but I really enjoyed Jonny's performance too. This is one of the few S18 performances that stood out to me and that I actually remember. :haha: 

T-05. Willie Spence - Circle Of Life: I have my feelings on this song being done, but I do think Willie did well with it. I'm glad it was able to grow on you on rewatch. 

04. Maddie Poppe - Bare Necessities: I agree with your thoughts on this. It was very fun, charming, and playful. This was easily one of my favorites from Maddie and one that endeared me to her. 

03. Michael J. Woodard - Beauty And The Beast: I see your top 2 Disney performances both came from S16. 😮  This was a memorable one and a standout from Michael. I may not have loved it as much as some people, but I also agree with your comments.

02. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - Candle On The Water: Aww, I actually love this song and thought this was such a sweet performance. This was one of my favorite showings from Jeremiah, although I understand your thoughts. We did seem to mostly agree on this due to its average ranking. 

01. Grace Kinstler - Into The Unknown: Ah yayy, I definitely agree with this one topping the list. :clap:  Of course I know about your critiques with Grace, but I'm glad you are still fine with this being #1. This song itself has had to grow on me, but Grace amazed me with her version of this. I was so impressed and am sure it's the standout of the season for me. 

I really enjoyed this ranking! Thanks for putting it together. ❤️ I am curious to see what other ideas you have. 😮 

- :lmao:

- Aww, that's unfortunate. :giggle:

- You know I can have some very unconventional opinions. :haha: Too bad about the last sentence.

Aww 💔

10. I can see how the performance was him and how his fans love him for it. :yes:

09. At least you thought it was good despite not loving it too much.

08. I do remember you not being a huge Casey fan, but at least you thought it was a beautiful vocal. Yeah, I meant to say my second favorite Disney performance that night. :haha:

T-05 (Laine). At least you agree it was nice and charming and it was a different choice.

T-05 (Jonny). Pretty much in agreement with you here.

T-05 (Willie). I think he did well with it as well, especially after the re-watch.

04. I don't have much to say but I agree with what was written here.

03. Yeah, my Top 2 came from S16. At least you thought it was a memorable standout.

02. We do seem to agree on this performance based on the rankings. Maybe the song will grow on me should I listen to it a few more times (I also learned Helen Reddy, the person who sang the song, passed away last year).

01. I had a feeling you'd be happy with this placement. :giggle: Nice to see it's a standout, if not the standout, for you.

I'm happy to see you enjoyed this ranking! You're welcome. It was nice to have another ranking after going without one for a while. I'm not sure when the next topic will be. In the meanwhile, I may post some clues for another crush within the next few days.

Edited by Crisis

I'm going to create one of the threads I've talked about tonight. Which one will it be? We'll soon find out. :giggle:

In the meanwhile:

Here are the clues for my next crush:

- Has two things in common with a previously posted crush

- The first of her kind to win a prestigious award after a monster of a performance

- Cindy Crawford, Gwen Stefani, Shania Twain...

On 7/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, Crisis said:

I'm going to create one of the threads I've talked about tonight. Which one will it be? We'll soon find out. :giggle:

In the meanwhile:

Hide contents

Here are the clues for my next crush:

- Has two things in common with a previously posted crush

- The first of her kind to win a prestigious award after a monster of a performance

- Cindy Crawford, Gwen Stefani, Shania Twain...

Oooh. 😮 Hmmm I have some vague guesses for one of these clues but no idea based on the rest. I'm going to have to ponder. :unsure: 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, Crisis said:

Happy birthday @miss denise:party: 🥳 🎂 🎁

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1 giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

tumblr_inline_nbet8ucAEr1qgp297-1.gif&f=1&nofb=1 tumblr_nklofseYq21sh4itpo1_500.gif&f=1&nofb=1 giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Awww, thank you so much! :hug: So sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I haven't been around much. 😢 omggg I love all these gifs and these guys so much! :wub:  Wow, that was so sweet of you. You nailed it. :wub: Thank you!!!! :hug:❤️ 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Oooh. 😮 Hmmm I have some vague guesses for one of these clues but no idea based on the rest. I'm going to have to ponder. :unsure: 

Awww, thank you so much! :hug: So sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I haven't been around much. 😢 omggg I love all these gifs and these guys so much! :wub:  Wow, that was so sweet of you. You nailed it. :wub: Thank you!!!! :hug:❤️ 

I'll wait and see about the guesses. :yes:

You're welcome! 🤗 At least it was acknowledged. ^_^ I tried to find the best gifs possible of the guys. I'm happy to see it was so appreciated! 😄

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'll wait and see about the guesses. :yes:

You're welcome! 🤗 At least it was acknowledged. ^_^ I tried to find the best gifs possible of the guys. I'm happy to see it was so appreciated! 😄

I'm still thinking. :giggle: 

Aww, of course! I feel awful I didn't see it sooner, but I would never let it go without acknowledgement. :wub: It's so nice you thought of me and found gifs of five guys I absolutely adore! ❤️😢 Awwww I love it so much. :hug: 

• Thanks 1

I've got it. 😮 

Halle Barry was the first African American to win an Oscar for best actress and she won it for her role in Monster's Ball. :yes: That makes sense for the second clue. For the third, I was thinking of someone over age 50, which also works for her. For the first clue... it's too vague for me to guess anything that wouldn't be a shot in the dark. :dead:  But I'm assuming it fits.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, miss denise said:

I've got it. 😮 

Hide contents

Halle Barry was the first African American to win an Oscar for best actress and she won it for her role in Monster's Ball. :yes: That makes sense for the second clue. For the third, I was thinking of someone over age 50, which also works for her. For the first clue... it's too vague for me to guess anything that wouldn't be a shot in the dark. :dead:  But I'm assuming it fits.

The only thing I'll say for now is

raw&f=1&nofb=1

Celebrity Crush #13: Halle Berry

halle-berry-1-37a574e4-afff-448c-ab99-9375e570bdd0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 a0c393bbf7d272c0834b283842304e1e%25E2%2581%2583d%25E2%2581%2583jpg.jpg?strip=all&f=1&nofb=1 halle-berry-at-2018-vanity-fair-oscar-party-in-beverly-hills-03-04-2018-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 GettyImages-83078915-e1565193405621.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Clue #1: Has two things in common with a previously posted crush

The crush in question is Sandra Bullock. The first thing in common is Sandra and Halle won both an Oscar and a Razzie Award. The other thing is both starred in movies alongside Keanu Reeves (Sandra in Speed and The Lake House, Halle in John Wick 3).

Clue #2: The first of her kind to win a prestigious award after a monster of a performance

This is a reference to her winning the Oscar for Best Actress for her role in Monster’s Ball. She was the first, and so far only, woman of color to win this award.

Clue #3: Cindy Crawford, Gwen Stefani, Shania Twain…

While all of them are 50+, that’s not what I had in mind for the clue. All four of these women (including Halle) were/are spokeswoman for the cosmetic brand Revlon.

The next celebrity crush to get a write-up is none other than Halle Berry. I thought about including her in my 50+ honorable mention crush list but decided she deserved her own write-up. 😊 Halle is another one of my biggest and long-time crushes and has a high chance of being near the top of my overall list if I were to rank them. She is someone else who I had "impure" thoughts about. She is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful women on the planet. She’s made the Top 10 in People’s "50 Most Beautiful People In The World" list seven times and topped the list outright in 2003. In addition, she finished first on FHM’s "100 Sexiest Women In The World" in the same year and was named Esquire’s "Sexiest Women Alive" in 2008. For the latter, this was after giving birth to her first child. Lastly, she was named the "Sexiest Black Woman" by Access Hollywood’s "TV One Access" survey also in 2008. Needless to say, I don’t disagree with these claims. :giggle: Even at 55 (she turned 55 on August 14, so happy belated birthday to her 🎂) she is still very much a beauty. Although I am partial to long hair on women and Halle looks great with long hair, I like her best with short hair because it really brings out the beauty in her face; this was especially true early in her career.

With all of this said, Halle is more than a gorgeous face and killer body. She is a very talented and accomplished actress. Early in her career, however, she didn’t get much respect regarding her acting. There were thoughts she was overrated and she only got the parts because of her looks. However, she’s been recognized by awards institutions as she has won a Primetime Emmy and Golden Globe Award for the television movie Introducing Dorothy Dandridge in which she played the trailblazing actress who was the first woman of color to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress. The major one, however, was winning the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in Monster’s Ball, becoming the first and currently only woman of color to win this prestigious award. In addition to these roles, my favorites were Natalie in Strictly Business, Autumn Haley in The Program, Sharon Stone in The Flintstones, Storm in the X-Men movies, and Jinx in Die Another Day. I think a lot of the criticism of her had to do with the movies and roles she took early on. Having said that, I have to mention what is perhaps her most infamous role: Patience Phillips aka Catwoman. It was in this movie that she won the Razzie Award for the Worst Actress. Despite this, she appeared at the award ceremony and accepted her award in person (while holding her Oscar). :lmao:

All hasn’t been good for Halle, however. She was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes after falling into a coma during a taping of one of her early roles. In addition, she lost eighty-percent of her hearing in her left ear after a beating from one of her former boyfriends. It is widely believed to be Wesley Snipes although Berry herself has not named the perpetrator. Speaking of such, she has been married three times and has been involved with a number of guys. She also had an incident in which she admitted to fleeing the scene of a car accident and was sentenced to three years probation and 200 hours of community service. Although I am a fan of hers, I have to provide every angle possible and show that no one is infallible, hence why I’m posting this information. Right now, it looks like she’s dating singer Van Hunt and everything seems to be going well for her.

Now, for a few videos. First her Oscar speech:

Her Razzie speech:

A video of her looking back at her covers for InStyle Magazine:

Sesame Street:

On Hot Ones in which she destroys the wings without breaking much of a sweat:

Lastly, her on Drop The Mic against James Corden:

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1 source.gif&f=1&nofb=1 tumblr_prtbpdDC2Y1y8fl54o1_r1_400.gif&f=1&nofb=1 700full.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Halle Berry:

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, Crisis said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

:/ :haha:

I knew it. :giggle: 

Halle Berry: I'm embarrassingly late in catching up.  Sorry I've been so bad at keeping up with everything.  Halle Berry is certainly a beautiful and talented woman. :yes: Thanks for explaining the clues and omg me guessing the third one for a different, yet still true, reason again. :haha: Interesting. Ooh, love that she's one of your longest crushes and I'm so curious how you'd rank them all. :haha:  OMG that random and casual mention of having impure thoughts. Thanks for sharing. :giggle: Wow all those stats about her beauty! 😮  And happy belated birthday to her. :party:  How interesting you prefer her with short hair, despite being otherwise partial to long hair. 😮  Wow, I didn't know about all that criticism regarding her acting. :(  I get how that can happen with certain roles... which is a shame. I haven't watched any of the movies you've named, oops, but I'm sure I saw her in something. Ugh at a Razzie but :dead: at the way she accepted it.  Oh wow. That's unfortunate about her health issues. :(  But good to know things are going well and better for her now.  Okay, I watched the first two videos so far and plan to watch the others over the coming days. Her Oscar acceptance speech was so powerful, wow. And wow again, I did not expect that Razzie speech. :shock:  Oh my. That was something, but she definitely took the criticism well, lol. And your write-up was great, as always. :hug: 

On 9/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, miss denise said:

I knew it. :giggle: 

Hide contents

Halle Berry: I'm embarrassingly late in catching up.  Sorry I've been so bad at keeping up with everything.  Halle Berry is certainly a beautiful and talented woman. :yes: Thanks for explaining the clues and omg me guessing the third one for a different, yet still true, reason again. :haha: Interesting. Ooh, love that she's one of your longest crushes and I'm so curious how you'd rank them all. :haha:  OMG that random and casual mention of having impure thoughts. Thanks for sharing. :giggle: Wow all those stats about her beauty! 😮  And happy belated birthday to her. :party:  How interesting you prefer her with short hair, despite being otherwise partial to long hair. 😮  Wow, I didn't know about all that criticism regarding her acting. :(  I get how that can happen with certain roles... which is a shame. I haven't watched any of the movies you've named, oops, but I'm sure I saw her in something. Ugh at a Razzie but :dead: at the way she accepted it.  Oh wow. That's unfortunate about her health issues. :(  But good to know things are going well and better for her now.  Okay, I watched the first two videos so far and plan to watch the others over the coming days. Her Oscar acceptance speech was so powerful, wow. And wow again, I did not expect that Razzie speech. :shock:  Oh my. That was something, but she definitely took the criticism well, lol. And your write-up was great, as always. :hug: 

😛

The important part is that you're here. 🤗 I definitely don't disagree with the claims of her being beautiful and talented. That seems to happen a lot. I try not to be too obvious with the clues, but it is what it is. :haha: Maybe I'll rank them all when I run out of crushes. What can I say, could I be blamed for that? At least I'd like to think I'm living in reality and know not to try to act on them. :haha: Those stats are certainly amazing. :yes: Yeah, well she is one of the few exceptions of women who I prefer short hair on although I love her long hair as well. Even to this day there is some criticism of her acting, but I think the praise outweighs it. Happy to see you watched the first two videos. Her Oscar speech was indeed powerful, although their are thoughts she was being overdramatic. :/ Her Razzie speech, on the other hand, was absolutely hilarious. :dead: It was great to see her take it in stride, and it appeared the audience enjoyed it. :lmao: Thank you for the compliments on the write-up. 😊