Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

I'll see what this season's group is like. It'll be interesting to go in with knowing very little if not nothing about the contestants. It'll probably end with me having some unpopular opinions again. :haha:

Based on the semi-finals date, it appears there are a lot of audition and Hollywood episodes again. :/ :haha:

I feel like this could have been me on some of the recent seasons even though I did watch, just because I didn't take notice of a lot of the contestants. :lmao: But I will be eager to hear your thoughts!

Ugh. :/ 

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, there’s still five audition episodes, but it looks like we could get a longer season since the finale is on May 23rd.

Oh, that is good news! Glad to hear the finale is back at the end of May. It almost feels like the good old days. :wub: :haha: 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dying at TIm Urban almost making top 10  We are all hoz for a pretty face

This is the mystery that is keeping me up at night. 😢  

That is true! Oh, fantasy football must be fun.  I'm not educated enough for that. Maybe they will... and I'll definitely hear about it if so.     I have to agree.     020. Stefano

Posted Images

My write-ups are in. :giggle: I think there were only four on the list that weren't also part of my own submissions. I could maybe throw something together for those ones as well, but I was really pushing myself to come up with some words to say on even ones I submitted. :dead: 

The deadline for write-up submissions has expired.

I'm not sure when they'll be posted, as I'll be super busy with work and a research paper. I'll let everyone know when the time comes.

Since the next list might not start right away, I'll revisit this and add some more to it...

On 2/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, miss denise said:

Hide contents

I was going to share some clues for my next crush as well, so here they are: This guy has a musical name and was part of one of the most popular shows of the early 2010s. 

An additional clue: the television role he is most known for was on a musical show.

8 hours ago, miss denise said:

Oh, well of course. I thought you meant your own winnings. :haha:  Yeah, it's still bad enough for me even though I've driven it in many times. :( Ugh, I know it's frustrating. :broken: Thank you! Yeah, sadly... there's nowhere I'd want to drive for vacation at the moment, so I will just stay home. 😢 :haha:  Aww I hope so!

Hide contents

lol maybe, but I can't imagine I'd ever not feel weird about it.:lmao: Oh good, I thought you would. :giggle: I don't care if you say, especially since we're in spoiler tags. :giggle: Haha yes! It sure frees up a lot of my time by not watching. :giggle: Although it is addicting. Sorry about the delay, but I promise I'm not just avoiding it. :haha: Ahh, you want all the write-ups by tonight! Yikes. I feel so inadequate with them. :dead: 

That feels so far away. :lmao:  I look forward to it though. 

My winnings from my own money would be mine and mine alone! 😤 :haha: I can imagine with the icy roads and poor views. I wonder how some people even got their licenses with the way they drive on the road. :/ It's probably better to stay home if there isn't anywhere anyone wants to go. There are a few cities I would like to visit at least once, so maybe I will get on a plane again someday. :haha:

Heh, especially when monogamy is so valued in this part of the world. :lmao: I won't say it in case I accidentally forget to post the spoiler tags. :dead: Haha, I can imagine having all of the free time by not watching because everything is posted on social media. No worries about the write-up; I'm just teasing. I did give a week, but at least something was written. :yes: It's a difficult topic to write about if one isn't familiar with the subjects.

It does feel so far. :haha: Me too. :yes:

Edited by Crisis
8 hours ago, miss denise said:

I feel like this could have been me on some of the recent seasons even though I did watch, just because I didn't take notice of a lot of the contestants. :lmao: But I will be eager to hear your thoughts!

Ugh. :/ 

Oh, that is good news! Glad to hear the finale is back at the end of May. It almost feels like the good old days. :wub: :haha: 

Yeah, unfortunately the past few seasons have been rushed compared to past seasons and therefore it may be difficult to really get to learn anything about the contestants. When the semi-finals start, I'll most likely post a thread in which I give my opinions on the contestants.

Yeah. :(

The only thing left to do is start the show in mid-January again and not have too many multiple elimination episodes. :haha:

20 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Since the next list might not start right away, I'll revisit this and add some more to it...

Hide contents

An additional clue: the television role he is most known for was on a musical show.

I think I have something. I'm going to go with Chord Overstreet. His first name is a music term (a chord is multiple notes played at once), and he appeared in Glee. These clues seem to point to him. Now watch me get this wrong. :haha:

15 hours ago, Crisis said:

My winnings from my own money would be mine and mine alone! 😤 :haha: I can imagine with the icy roads and poor views. I wonder how some people even got their licenses with the way they drive on the road. :/ It's probably better to stay home if there isn't anywhere anyone wants to go. There are a few cities I would like to visit at least once, so maybe I will get on a plane again someday. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

Heh, especially when monogamy is so valued in this part of the world. :lmao: I won't say it in case I accidentally forget to post the spoiler tags. :dead: Haha, I can imagine having all of the free time by not watching because everything is posted on social media. No worries about the write-up; I'm just teasing. I did give a week, but at least something was written. :yes: It's a difficult topic to write about if one isn't familiar with the subjects.

LOL yes, that's what I thought and was saying I hoped she wouldn't beg for your winnings. :haha:  Icy roads are the absolute worst. I can drive in actual snow okay, but not ice. :no:  But then, getting your car stuck in snow is a whole other battle. lol right?! I can't believe the way some people drive. Yeah, it's been so long since I took a vacation, but with everything how it is now, that's not likely to change soon. :(  I'd really want to go somewhere farther that would require flying anyway. Yes, I hope you do! 

I value it very much. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Even if I was able to feel okay about having multiple lovers ( :dead: ), I wouldn't want them to be with anyone else. :broken: Oh lol okay. :lmao: Yes! I still get a kick out of all the Bachelor-related memes I see. :giggle:Haha thanks. Oh I know, I wasn't saying you just announced it yesterday or anything. :lmao:  I just had trouble getting to them all.

15 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, unfortunately the past few seasons have been rushed compared to past seasons and therefore it may be difficult to really get to learn anything about the contestants. When the semi-finals start, I'll most likely post a thread in which I give my opinions on the contestants.

The only thing left to do is start the show in mid-January again and not have too many multiple elimination episodes. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

I think I have something. I'm going to go with Chord Overstreet. His first name is a music term (a chord is multiple notes played at once), and he appeared in Glee. These clues seem to point to him. Now watch me get this wrong. :haha:

Ugh, I know it. :( :/  It really does make it harder to be invested. Oh, a new thread? 😮 

200.gif

Ooh, a new guess we have here.... we'll have to see about this. :giggle::shiftywave: 
5 hours ago, miss denise said:

LOL yes, that's what I thought and was saying I hoped she wouldn't beg for your winnings. :haha:  Icy roads are the absolute worst. I can drive in actual snow okay, but not ice. :no:  But then, getting your car stuck in snow is a whole other battle. lol right?! I can't believe the way some people drive. Yeah, it's been so long since I took a vacation, but with everything how it is now, that's not likely to change soon. :(  I'd really want to go somewhere farther that would require flying anyway. Yes, I hope you do! 

Hide contents

I value it very much. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Even if I was able to feel okay about having multiple lovers ( :dead: ), I wouldn't want them to be with anyone else. :broken: Oh lol okay. :lmao: Yes! I still get a kick out of all the Bachelor-related memes I see. :giggle:Haha thanks. Oh I know, I wasn't saying you just announced it yesterday or anything. :lmao:  I just had trouble getting to them all.

Ugh, I know it. :( :/  It really does make it harder to be invested. Oh, a new thread? 😮 

200.gif

Hide contents

Ooh, a new guess we have here.... we'll have to see about this. :giggle::shiftywave: 

I doubt she would beg for them. Then again, if I won big I most likely wouldn't even go back to work. :dead: While I've never driven in the snow, I have driven on icy roads before. Those are absolutely not fun. :( Fortunately, I've never had to worry about my car being stuck in snow. Seeing so many bad drivers makes me wish I were a police or highway patrol officer. I'd be issuing more tickets than Stubhub for a Taylor Swift concert. :haha: Well, hopefully things will be better soon so you'll be able to take a vacation. 😊 Have anywhere in mind you'd like to fly to, other than Hawaii of course?

I see. That's a nice value to have. :yes: I'm sure those memes are funny. I haven't paid attention to them, so I don't know what they're like now. :haha: I don't have write-ups on anyone yet, so I'll probably be in the same boat. :lmao: I probably won't start later this week after I finish my research paper's rough draft.

Agreed. If I post them here, they most likely would get buried among everything else here. :haha:

tenor.gif?itemid=11800855&f=1&nofb=1

:dead:

:shiftywave:

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1
On 2/22/2021 at 7:43 PM, Crisis said:

I doubt she would beg for them. Then again, if I won big I most likely wouldn't even go back to work. :dead: While I've never driven in the snow, I have driven on icy roads before. Those are absolutely not fun. :( Fortunately, I've never had to worry about my car being stuck in snow. Seeing so many bad drivers makes me wish I were a police or highway patrol officer. I'd be issuing more tickets than Stubhub for a Taylor Swift concert. :haha: Well, hopefully things will be better soon so you'll be able to take a vacation. 😊 Have anywhere in mind you'd like to fly to, other than Hawaii of course?

Reveal hidden contents

I see. That's a nice value to have. :yes: I'm sure those memes are funny. I haven't paid attention to them, so I don't know what they're like now. :haha: I don't have write-ups on anyone yet, so I'll probably be in the same boat. :lmao: I probably won't start later this week after I finish my research paper's rough draft.

Agreed. If I post them here, they most likely would get buried among everything else here. :haha:

tenor.gif?itemid=11800855&f=1&nofb=1

Reveal hidden contents

That's what I was hoping not. :haha:  LOL at not going back to work. I can't blame you. Yeah, ice is so scary. :( I've had my car stuck in snow a couple times and it is a nightmare. :no:  Oh haha you would be good at that and :giggle:at the Stubhub/Taylor Swift comparison. Thanks, I hope so! :hug:  If I could go absolutely anywhere, I'd pick France and Australia. :wub: 

*bye spoiler tags* :hug: Haha yeah, I just follow a lot of Bachelor fan accounts on social media so I see them all over. :haha:  Haha, well good luck! And that is fine, of course. Best of luck with your research paper too. 

Oh. :blushingwave:  

:giggle:  

:lmao: Guess what? I finished the majority of my write-up and I hope to post the crush this evening. :shiftywave: 

Chord Overstreet

PKsIexi.gif ExUAqVI.gif o4cuWhS.gif    

Don't judge me for my third gif choice, please. It's cute and he has fluffy hair. :giggle: Anyway, Chord is an actor and singer/songwriter who is best known for his role as Sam Evans on Glee. I actually wasn't sure if I fell in love with Sam, Chord, or both. :lmao:  Well, I'll say both, but I definitely got used to him as his character before also knowing him as himself. He attracted my attention with his All-American good looks. :wub: You may know I love my blonde boys and especially did back then.  I don't remember exactly when I started to fall hard for Chord, but it may have been during this episode where he channeled his Justin Bieber (who no, I never had a crush on). But Chord! :heartbounce: 

Sam was just the most lovable character, full of heart and countless impersonations, that it was hard not to fall for him. And then fall for Chord too. :wub:  He also had a nickname on the show, Trouty Mouth, because of his lips, which was cute. :giggle: The better to kiss with. (!) 

There's also this. :giggle: :wub: 

:wub:  Oops, didn't know some of that would be in there, but.... I'm leaving it. I'm obsessed with his face at 1:42. :omg: And now I'll share some of my other favorite Sam performances below. 

There was also an emotional episode where Sam opened up about being homeless that got me in all the feels. :broken: 😭   I'm talking so much about Sam, but he was Chord's big character and how I best knew (and know) him.  When my crush on Chord peaked, he was pretty much my second biggest crush at the time. 😮   It didn't hurt that he had lots of shirtless scenes and always looked really good. :ph34rwave: I won't post gifs of all that (even though there are some in a video I posted, oops), but I will post this one of him breaking it down. (!)  

cW1WAHB.gif

So cute and silly. ❤️ :giggle: Sam had a few relationships on Glee and they always made me jealous and some made me want to scream. 🙂  Even though I adored one of them. I can't explain how feelings work. I just know I wanted him for myself.  That reminds me how Chord apparently dated Emma Watson for some time... who I also love so much. I could have totally gotten behind them and not been jealous (maybe). bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 Why do good things never last???

But yes, me and Chord had quite a love affair. :wub:  I'm speaking in the past, but I still love him to this day. ❤️  I do miss seeing him on TV all the time, since he hasn't really been as ~present in my life~ since Glee, but I've enjoyed some of the music he's put out and also seen him do some other television projects. So I fell in love with Sam but also Chord. CHORD OVERSTREET (speaking of, how cool is his name? ❤️ ) is a very nice guy, multi-talented, and just so cute. His smile is one of my favorite smiles. :wub:  But he is overall super attractive. I don't want to sound shallow, but literally every inch of him is beautiful. 

I almost wanted to give a clue about a guy that showed his bottom on Ellen, but didn't think that would help anything.  :giggle: But you know (or if you don't, you will now) that Ellen has her famous underwear that she gifts to celebrities, so Chord showed it off once when he was on the show. It was an iconic moment! I don't make the rules! (!) 

EuphoricGracefulInganue-size_restricted.

Another fun moment was his role in this parody with Shaina Twain and Taylor Swift at the CMT Music Awards. I was living so much for it. :giggle: 

I'll end by posting some of his original music (starting with one that is extra special). ❤️ 

Oops, I posted a lot more than I intended. :haha:  Oh well. Hopefully a nice variety. To summarize, Chord is a sweet, funny, talented guy who I love very much. ❤️ 

Chord Overstreet: 

(Oh and this was my 5,000th post. :haha: Great way to celebrate it!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, miss denise said:

That reminds me how Chord apparently dated Emma Watson for some time... who I also love so much. I could have totally gotten behind them and not been jealous (maybe). bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 Why do good things never last???

emma roberts crying GIF by ScreamQueens

• Sad 1
18 hours ago, miss denise said:

That's what I was hoping not. :haha:  LOL at not going back to work. I can't blame you. Yeah, ice is so scary. :( I've had my car stuck in snow a couple times and it is a nightmare. :no:  Oh haha you would be good at that and :giggle:at the Stubhub/Taylor Swift comparison. Thanks, I hope so! :hug:  If I could go absolutely anywhere, I'd pick France and Australia. :wub: 

*bye spoiler tags* :hug: Haha yeah, I just follow a lot of Bachelor fan accounts on social media so I see them all over. :haha:  Haha, well good luck! And that is fine, of course. Best of luck with your research paper too. 

Heh, I'd channel my inner dragon and hoard everything for myself. :lmao: Early retirement doesn't sound so bad. :haha: It certainly is. In those conditions I try not to drive unless I absolutely have to. I can imagine having a car stuck in snow being a nightmare. 🥶 Hopefully, things weren't too bad. Yes, it's one thing to be reckless with your own life. It's another to be reckless when there are others on the road, not to mention any potential passengers. Ooh, France and Australia are good choices. I'd like to visit France myself someday. :yes: I'd also like to visit the UK especially Scotland if there are plenty of redheads like Karen Gillan suggested. :haha:

Oh, I see about the Bachelor fan accounts. :haha: I finished my rough draft last night and submitted it, so now I can finally start on the friendship write-ups. I hope to have the first set up some time this weekend depending on how busy I am.

I see someone has been posted. :shiftywave: I'll try to read and respond to it this evening. 😊

11 hours ago, Crisis said:

Heh, I'd channel my inner dragon and hoard everything for myself. :lmao: Early retirement doesn't sound so bad. :haha: It certainly is. In those conditions I try not to drive unless I absolutely have to. I can imagine having a car stuck in snow being a nightmare. 🥶 Hopefully, things weren't too bad. Yes, it's one thing to be reckless with your own life. It's another to be reckless when there are others on the road, not to mention any potential passengers. Ooh, France and Australia are good choices. I'd like to visit France myself someday. :yes: I'd also like to visit the UK especially Scotland if there are plenty of redheads like Karen Gillan suggested. :haha:

Oh, I see about the Bachelor fan accounts. :haha: I finished my rough draft last night and submitted it, so now I can finally start on the friendship write-ups. I hope to have the first set up some time this weekend depending on how busy I am.

Reveal hidden contents

I see someone has been posted. :shiftywave: I'll try to read and respond to it this evening. 😊

I don't blame you. :haha:  And it doesn't! Yeah, same with me regarding bad driving conditions. :(  Thankfully, nice people came to help me the times I got stuck in the snow, but it was still a bad experience. What you said is so true about putting other people's lives in danger. :(  Yes, those are two places I've wanted to go since forever. :wub: I took four years of French in school, so that's one reason for my desire to go there. I'd love to visit the UK, as well! I most want to go to London, but haha yes, you must visit Scotland. :shiftywave: 

:giggle:  Oh yay, that's great! I look forward to the start of the list. And glad I posted my crush at the ideal time. :haha: 

Okay. :shiftywave: 

23 hours ago, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Chord Overstreet

PKsIexi.gif ExUAqVI.gif o4cuWhS.gif    

Don't judge me for my third gif choice, please. It's cute and he has fluffy hair. :giggle: Anyway, Chord is an actor and singer/songwriter who is best known for his role as Sam Evans on Glee. I actually wasn't sure if I fell in love with Sam, Chord, or both. :lmao:  Well, I'll say both, but I definitely got used to him as his character before also knowing him as himself. He attracted my attention with his All-American good looks. :wub: You may know I love my blonde boys and especially did back then.  I don't remember exactly when I started to fall hard for Chord, but it may have been during this episode where he channeled his Justin Bieber (who no, I never had a crush on). But Chord! :heartbounce: 

Sam was just the most lovable character, full of heart and countless impersonations, that it was hard not to fall for him. And then fall for Chord too. :wub:  He also had a nickname on the show, Trouty Mouth, because of his lips, which was cute. :giggle: The better to kiss with. (!) 

There's also this. :giggle: :wub: 

:wub:  Oops, didn't know some of that would be in there, but.... I'm leaving it. I'm obsessed with his face at 1:42. :omg: And now I'll share some of my other favorite Sam performances below. 

There was also an emotional episode where Sam opened up about being homeless that got me in all the feels. :broken: 😭   I'm talking so much about Sam, but he was Chord's big character and how I best knew (and know) him.  When my crush on Chord peaked, he was pretty much my second biggest crush at the time. 😮   It didn't hurt that he had lots of shirtless scenes and always looked really good. :ph34rwave: I won't post gifs of all that (even though there are some in a video I posted, oops), but I will post this one of him breaking it down. (!)  

cW1WAHB.gif

So cute and silly. ❤️ :giggle: Sam had a few relationships on Glee and they always made me jealous and some made me want to scream. 🙂  Even though I adored one of them. I can't explain how feelings work. I just know I wanted him for myself.  That reminds me how Chord apparently dated Emma Watson for some time... who I also love so much. I could have totally gotten behind them and not been jealous (maybe). bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 Why do good things never last???

But yes, me and Chord had quite a love affair. :wub:  I'm speaking in the past, but I still love him to this day. ❤️  I do miss seeing him on TV all the time, since he hasn't really been as ~present in my life~ since Glee, but I've enjoyed some of the music he's put out and also seen him do some other television projects. So I fell in love with Sam but also Chord. CHORD OVERSTREET (speaking of, how cool is his name? ❤️ ) is a very nice guy, multi-talented, and just so cute. His smile is one of my favorite smiles. :wub:  But he is overall super attractive. I don't want to sound shallow, but literally every inch of him is beautiful. 

I almost wanted to give a clue about a guy that showed his bottom on Ellen, but didn't think that would help anything.  :giggle: But you know (or if you don't, you will now) that Ellen has her famous underwear that she gifts to celebrities, so Chord showed it off once when he was on the show. It was an iconic moment! I don't make the rules! (!) 

EuphoricGracefulInganue-size_restricted.

Another fun moment was his role in this parody with Shaina Twain and Taylor Swift at the CMT Music Awards. I was living so much for it. :giggle: 

I'll end by posting some of his original music (starting with one that is extra special). ❤️ 

Oops, I posted a lot more than I intended. :haha:  Oh well. Hopefully a nice variety. To summarize, Chord is a sweet, funny, talented guy who I love very much. ❤️ 

Chord Overstreet: 

(Oh and this was my 5,000th post. :haha: Great way to celebrate it!)

Chord Overstreet: Wow, I got this one right. It was the only one that made sense to me, so I just went for it. :haha: I won't judge the third gif; actually, that looks like a great idea right about now. :lmao: I watched I believe the first two seasons of Glee, but sadly I couldn't remember anything about Chord or his character Sam. Watching the videos posted made me realized I missed out on a bit. :haha: The second video was especially hilarious. I would probably say my favorite part was Rachel giving him a dollar at the strip club. :lmao: Out of the singing videos, I especially enjoyed the Human Nature duet with Amber Riley. :yes: LOL at talking about Sam so much before talking about Chord himself. The gif posted is funny, and :shiftywave: at keeping the rest to yourself. :haha: Oh, he dated Emma Watson at some point? Hopefully things ended on amicable terms with them. Yes, his name is a cool one. LOL at him showing off the underwear Ellen gifted him on her show. :dead: I take it he played Kid Rock in the parody? :lmao: His music is pretty nice. The first one was nice with him dedicating the song to Cory. I also enjoyed Love You To Death and Cold Feet. All in all, another great write-up, and it's easy to see how one could fall in love with him. :yes:

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

I don't blame you. :haha:  And it doesn't! Yeah, same with me regarding bad driving conditions. :(  Thankfully, nice people came to help me the times I got stuck in the snow, but it was still a bad experience. What you said is so true about putting other people's lives in danger. :(  Yes, those are two places I've wanted to go since forever. :wub: I took four years of French in school, so that's one reason for my desire to go there. I'd love to visit the UK, as well! I most want to go to London, but haha yes, you must visit Scotland. :shiftywave: 

:giggle:  Oh yay, that's great! I look forward to the start of the list. And glad I posted my crush at the ideal time. :haha: 

Okay. :shiftywave: 

There are certain things I'd rather do than spend all day working. However, got to make a living somehow. Oh, good to see some people came to help you in your times of need. Exactly. I'd hope people would have more sense than being careless in a metal machine that could seriously injure people or worse. :/ I usually go by the mantra of drive like everyone around you don't know how to. Those seem to be nice places to visit. I see about the reason of wanting to visit France. London is somewhere I'd love to visit; maybe I'd swing by there after spending some time in Scotland. :haha:

Now I wait to see how I fared. We have to do peer reviews next. I'll see what someone has to say about my paper. 🤞 I hope you do, although this may not be my best set of write-ups. :haha: That you did. :haha:

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

I meant to ask - wasn't your avatar purple before? Now it's suddenly green and throwing me off. :lmao: 

It was. :yes: I was in my profile for a little bit when it suddenly turned green. :lmao: I have no idea how to change the color, but I'm not complaining. :haha:

• Haha 1
On 2/25/2021 at 8:09 PM, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Chord Overstreet: Wow, I got this one right. It was the only one that made sense to me, so I just went for it. :haha: I won't judge the third gif; actually, that looks like a great idea right about now. :lmao: I watched I believe the first two seasons of Glee, but sadly I couldn't remember anything about Chord or his character Sam. Watching the videos posted made me realized I missed out on a bit. :haha: The second video was especially hilarious. I would probably say my favorite part was Rachel giving him a dollar at the strip club. :lmao: Out of the singing videos, I especially enjoyed the Human Nature duet with Amber Riley. :yes: LOL at talking about Sam so much before talking about Chord himself. The gif posted is funny, and :shiftywave: at keeping the rest to yourself. :haha: Oh, he dated Emma Watson at some point? Hopefully things ended on amicable terms with them. Yes, his name is a cool one. LOL at him showing off the underwear Ellen gifted him on her show. :dead: I take it he played Kid Rock in the parody? :lmao: His music is pretty nice. The first one was nice with him dedicating the song to Cory. I also enjoyed Love You To Death and Cold Feet. All in all, another great write-up, and it's easy to see how one could fall in love with him. :yes:

Yes, you did after I gave the new clue. :giggle: You were spot on. Haha yes, it is a very good idea if you're hungry. :lmao: Oh, you watched? 😮  I wasn't sure if you had, but aww, Sam was introduced in the second season. I'm sad you don't remember him. Yeah, there was tons of great and fun stuff throughout all the seasons, even if the last couple weren't quite the same. I'm glad you enjoyed. :haha: Yay for loving Human Nature too. :wub:  I just was so familiar with him as Sam to not have that as a big focus of my write-up, but I still know and love Chord himself. LOL I don't remember where I said this comment, so now I need to see. :lmao:Maybe that was about me not showing a bunch of shirtless gifs, but then I just don't want to do that for anyone :haha: Ahh I don't remember hearing anything bad about him and Emma's split, but I was sad it ended. :broken: Yay! The underwear show off is a classic. :giggle: Oh, I don't even know about Kid Rock. I'm glad you liked some of the songs. ❤️ And thank you. ❤️ 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:20 PM, Crisis said:

There are certain things I'd rather do than spend all day working. However, got to make a living somehow. Oh, good to see some people came to help you in your times of need. Exactly. I'd hope people would have more sense than being careless in a metal machine that could seriously injure people or worse. :/ I usually go by the mantra of drive like everyone around you don't know how to. Those seem to be nice places to visit. I see about the reason of wanting to visit France. London is somewhere I'd love to visit; maybe I'd swing by there after spending some time in Scotland. :haha:

Now I wait to see how I fared. We have to do peer reviews next. I'll see what someone has to say about my paper. 🤞 I hope you do, although this may not be my best set of write-ups. :haha: That you did. :haha:

It was. :yes: I was in my profile for a little bit when it suddenly turned green. :lmao: I have no idea how to change the color, but I'm not complaining. :haha:

I completely relate to that. :( Yeah, I would have been in real trouble without any assistance, so I'm thankful for that. So true. :(  I go by that sometimes as well, like when someone has their turn signal on, I still always make sure they are turning before I go because you just never know. Yes, I think all these places would be great! Good luck in Scotland. :giggle: 

Oh, I thought this was about my write-up first and was wondering how and why we were going to do peer reviews next. :dead:  But yes, hopefully they have good and helpful feedback for your paper! That's okay, they are definitely not mine either. lol

How strange. I didn't think it was anything you did yourself, but I wonder why that happened. :huh: I miss the purple. 😢 

I didn't forget about the topic. I've been busy with this little thing called life. :haha: I still haven't gotten to the write-ups, but I'll post a couple of honorable mentions in the meantime.

Honorable Mentions

Paris Bennett/Kevin Covais

Paris-Bennett.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 latest?cb=20170113122615&f=1&nofb=1

Paris and Kevin appeared to become really close friends during S5. After all, it was Paris who gave Kevin his Chicken Little nickname because of physical resemblance to the cartoon character. :haha: The two were among the youngest contestants that season, so they were in the same group most of the time. The two became such good friends that Kevin appeared on Paris' album as a rapper. :lmao: I don't know if the two are still in touch with one another, but it was a cute friendship from what I remember. :yes:

Katharine McPhee/Kellie Pickler

katharine-mcphee-vocal-star-annual-seminar-08-19-2019-5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 kellie-pickler-at-hallmark-channel-summer-tca-party-in-beverly-hills-07-27-2018-13.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Katharine (who BTW gave birth to a baby boy a few days ago :yes:) and Kellie seemed to develop a friendship during S5. One of the things I remember was the footage of the two wrestling on the bed during one of Katharine's semi-finals performances (I believe it was before her All In Love Is Fair performance). :haha: There was also of the picture of the two with Kevin posing with puckered lips (of which I was extremely jealous of :haha:). I also remember the two celebrating when they were safe during the Top 7 Results show. Unfortunately, it appears the two have gone their separate ways since the season. :(

Gina Glocksen/Haley Scarnato

EP-704199985.jpg%26updated=201204191156%26MaxW=900%26maxH=900%26noborder%26Q=80&f=1&nofb=1 m5l9le-b78968262z.120120613204946000g8c18d51c.2.jpg?w=620&f=1&nofb=1

I mentioned this one briefly during the controversial eliminations ranking, but I'll bring it here as well. Gina and Haley were roommates during S6 and became good friends along the way. Perhaps the most memorable thing about it was the two being in the B2 during Top 9 Week with Gina being eliminated. Seeing the two hug each other while crying was an emotional moment, followed by Gina wishing Haley luck the rest of the way. The two were together during the summer tour, and Haley was a bridesmaid at Gina's wedding. As with Paris/Kevin (and most of the friendships for that matter), I'm not sure if they're still in touch.

Colton Dixon/Phillip Phillips

dixon-coltonjpg-bf0f4ccdfe420666.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 db1199be9c86f361c57b6d025486205e.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Seeing that the two were considered to be the heartthrobs of S11, it makes sense for them to become friends. :giggle: It appears as if the two kept in touch after their season and tour. This was a bromance I could get behind. There are a number of pictures of the two goofing off and having fun with one another. Also, they gave us this iconic moment:

b4ff964acbc866134c985b4ab8df3f2f.gif&f=1

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised this one wasn't submitted. Maybe it was overlooked. 🤷‍♂️ Regardless, I felt it was worthy of an honorable mention. :yes:

Paris Bennett/Kevin Covais:

Katharine McPhee/Kellie Pickler:

Gina Glocksen/Haley Scarnato:

Colton Dixon/Phillip Phillips:

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Yes, you did after I gave the new clue. :giggle: You were spot on. Haha yes, it is a very good idea if you're hungry. :lmao: Oh, you watched? 😮  I wasn't sure if you had, but aww, Sam was introduced in the second season. I'm sad you don't remember him. Yeah, there was tons of great and fun stuff throughout all the seasons, even if the last couple weren't quite the same. I'm glad you enjoyed. :haha: Yay for loving Human Nature too. :wub:  I just was so familiar with him as Sam to not have that as a big focus of my write-up, but I still know and love Chord himself. LOL I don't remember where I said this comment, so now I need to see. :lmao:Maybe that was about me not showing a bunch of shirtless gifs, but then I just don't want to do that for anyone :haha: Ahh I don't remember hearing anything bad about him and Emma's split, but I was sad it ended. :broken: Yay! The underwear show off is a classic. :giggle: Oh, I don't even know about Kid Rock. I'm glad you liked some of the songs. ❤️ And thank you. ❤️ 

I completely relate to that. :( Yeah, I would have been in real trouble without any assistance, so I'm thankful for that. So true. :(  I go by that sometimes as well, like when someone has their turn signal on, I still always make sure they are turning before I go because you just never know. Yes, I think all these places would be great! Good luck in Scotland. :giggle: 

Oh, I thought this was about my write-up first and was wondering how and why we were going to do peer reviews next. :dead:  But yes, hopefully they have good and helpful feedback for your paper! That's okay, they are definitely not mine either. lol

How strange. I didn't think it was anything you did yourself, but I wonder why that happened. :huh: I miss the purple. 😢 

Yeah, I thought of Glee and looked at the cast. His name matched the clue and I figured he was the one you were talking about. :haha: As I mentioned, I watched the first two seasons, but I wasn't really into the show if that makes sense. It's too bad I didn't remember him that much. I wouldn't doubt there was a lot of great stuff; it's just too bad about some of the cast members passing away over the years. :( He appeared to be a fun character based on the videos. Understandable about Sam being a big part of him regarding the write-up. Heh, I don't blame you; if I had any sexy gifs of my ladies, I'd be hesitant to show them off myself. :dead: OK, at least the break-up didn't appear to be all that bad. Him showing off the underwear showed how secure he was with himself and that he didn't take himself too seriously. :lmao: I didn't see him in the video, so I figured he was Kid Rock. :haha: You're welcome. ❤️

If I could retire now, I definitely would. :haha: Yeah, being stranded is no fun regardless of the circumstances. :( Exactly, we have to be aware of what's going on on the road at all times. Speaking of turn signals, one of my biggest pet peeves is people not using their turn signals, especially on the highway. That is one topic I could rant about all day. I think they would all be great too. Heh, one can dream and then work to make it come true. :haha:

I wouldn't subject anyone to peer reviews here. After all:

It's bad enough there is a grading system regarding our crushes. :dead:

I hope I do as well! In addition, I have to review a classmate's paper and provide my feedback. I just hope it helps this person's paper be better. Whether they are our best work or not, hopefully they're enjoyable to read. :yes:

Maybe there are a few things about the boards that still need to be worked out. 🤷‍♂️ :haha: Too bad about missing the purple. :(

Edited by Crisis
23 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I thought of Glee and looked at the cast. His name matched the clue and I figured he was the one you were talking about. :haha: As I mentioned, I watched the first two seasons, but I wasn't really into the show if that makes sense. It's too bad I didn't remember him that much. I wouldn't doubt there was a lot of great stuff; it's just too bad about some of the cast members passing away over the years. :( He appeared to be a fun character based on the videos. Understandable about Sam being a big part of him regarding the write-up. Heh, I don't blame you; if I had any sexy gifs of my ladies, I'd be hesitant to show them off myself. :dead: OK, at least the break-up didn't appear to be all that bad. Him showing off the underwear showed how secure he was with himself and that he didn't take himself too seriously. :lmao: I didn't see him in the video, so I figured he was Kid Rock. :haha: You're welcome. ❤️

If I could retire now, I definitely would. :haha: Yeah, being stranded is no fun regardless of the circumstances. :( Exactly, we have to be aware of what's going on on the road at all times. Speaking of turn signals, one of my biggest pet peeves is people not using their turn signals, especially on the highway. That is one topic I could rant about all day. I think they would all be great too. Heh, one can dream and then work to make it come true. :haha:

I wouldn't subject anyone to peer reviews here. After all:

Reveal hidden contents

It's bad enough there is a grading system regarding our crushes. :dead:

I hope I do as well! In addition, I have to review a classmate's paper and provide my feedback. I just hope it helps this person's paper be better. Whether they are our best work or not, hopefully they're enjoyable to read. :yes:

Maybe there are a few things about the boards that still need to be worked out. 🤷‍♂️ :haha: Too bad about missing the purple. :(

Oh yay, I'm glad you thought of it. ❤️ His name definitely did match and you could probably guess he's my type too. :haha: Ah okay, I see. :(  I loved the show so much, especially in the earlier seasons. Ugh, I know... I really don't like to think about that. :(  I would love to rewatch the series, but that would make it really hard for me. :( Yes, Sam was always super fun and lovable.  :wub: He could be a bit naive, but that was part of his charm and what made him easy to love, in my opinion. ❤️ Haha yeah, I try to avoid those, although I might still mention them. :giggle:Yes, that's good. Oooh yes, that is very true and I love how you pulled out those two compliments for him based on that. :giggle::wub: Oh wait, what? Let me check. Nooooo no no no LOL you can see him around 1:37-2:08 at the gas station. I didn't even remember Kid Rock came in at the end, so had no idea what you meant by that. But I wonder how you didn't see Chord at that whole section of the video. lol 

As would I. :lmao: For sure. :( Oooh, don't get me started... that is one of my biggest driving pet peeves too. And now I have a story about this from today. I was driving through an intersection and a car started coming at me from my right with their left turn signal on... I nearly had a heart attack! But they were turning right, so it was okay. 😐  LOL same and it seems like more people than not choose not to use their turn signals when exiting a round-about too. Another thing that drives me nuts is drivers turning into the far lane instead of the closest one.  Yes, this is all very true! 😄 

:lmao: Thank you. And :giggle: at the hidden comment. 

Ah yes, it only makes sense you would have to do the same. That can be tough, but hope it all goes well on both ends for you. :yes:  I'm sure they will be!

I guess so. :huh: :lmao: I was just so used to it... and I also love purple. :haha: 

Paris Bennett/Kevin Covais: Aww I forgot about this friendship, but I remember it now. They were cute. ❤️ 

Katharine McPhee/Kellie Pickler: Oh nooo, I should have submitted them! I forgot, but I really did love their friendship. 😢 McPickler! ❤️  Ugh, booo me. I remember that picture of them with Kevin. Noo, do we somehow know for sure they are no longer in contact? :broken: I hope that's not the case. Oh, but wow, congrats to Kat on the recent birth of her baby. 

Gina Glocksen/Haley Scarnato: Oh, I can somewhat remember this friendship now that you mention it.  Aww that long hug. :( It would be a shame if they weren't still friends with Haley being one of Gina's bridesmaids.

Colton Dixon/Phillip Phillips: lol I actually had this friendship on my list at first but then removed them. A bromance you can get behind... I wonder what the difference is between some of them for you. But yeah, I remember these guys being friends and even had that gif in my mind when I first put them on my list. :haha: 

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2021 at 8:33 PM, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Oh yay, I'm glad you thought of it. ❤️ His name definitely did match and you could probably guess he's my type too. :haha: Ah okay, I see. :(  I loved the show so much, especially in the earlier seasons. Ugh, I know... I really don't like to think about that. :(  I would love to rewatch the series, but that would make it really hard for me. :( Yes, Sam was always super fun and lovable.  :wub: He could be a bit naive, but that was part of his charm and what made him easy to love, in my opinion. ❤️ Haha yeah, I try to avoid those, although I might still mention them. :giggle:Yes, that's good. Oooh yes, that is very true and I love how you pulled out those two compliments for him based on that. :giggle::wub: Oh wait, what? Let me check. Nooooo no no no LOL you can see him around 1:37-2:08 at the gas station. I didn't even remember Kid Rock came in at the end, so had no idea what you meant by that. But I wonder how you didn't see Chord at that whole section of the video. lol 

As would I. :lmao: For sure. :( Oooh, don't get me started... that is one of my biggest driving pet peeves too. And now I have a story about this from today. I was driving through an intersection and a car started coming at me from my right with their left turn signal on... I nearly had a heart attack! But they were turning right, so it was okay. 😐  LOL same and it seems like more people than not choose not to use their turn signals when exiting a round-about too. Another thing that drives me nuts is drivers turning into the far lane instead of the closest one.  Yes, this is all very true! 😄 

:lmao: Thank you. And :giggle: at the hidden comment. 

Ah yes, it only makes sense you would have to do the same. That can be tough, but hope it all goes well on both ends for you. :yes:  I'm sure they will be!

I guess so. :huh: :lmao: I was just so used to it... and I also love purple. :haha: 

Paris Bennett/Kevin Covais: Aww I forgot about this friendship, but I remember it now. They were cute. ❤️ 

Katharine McPhee/Kellie Pickler: Oh nooo, I should have submitted them! I forgot, but I really did love their friendship. 😢 McPickler! ❤️  Ugh, booo me. I remember that picture of them with Kevin. Noo, do we somehow know for sure they are no longer in contact? :broken: I hope that's not the case. Oh, but wow, congrats to Kat on the recent birth of her baby. 

Gina Glocksen/Haley Scarnato: Oh, I can somewhat remember this friendship now that you mention it.  Aww that long hug. :( It would be a shame if they weren't still friends with Haley being one of Gina's bridesmaids.

Colton Dixon/Phillip Phillips: lol I actually had this friendship on my list at first but then removed them. A bromance you can get behind... I wonder what the difference is between some of them for you. But yeah, I remember these guys being friends and even had that gif in my mind when I first put them on my list. :haha: 

I had a feeling he was your type, but I wasn't going to say anything; after all, I have my types as well. :giggle: Naya's death was really difficult to learn about, especially the circumstances surrounding it. :( Santana was one of my favorite characters from the little I watched. Completely understandable about the Sam character. :yes: It'll probably be the same for me. :haha: Happy to see you appreciate the compliments from that clip. I guessed I watched a different video; I'll re-watch it and see if I can spot him. :yes:

Ooh, that had to be a harrowing experience. One would think of using the correct signal before turning. At least nothing bad appeared to happen from it. 🤗 There aren't that many roundabouts where I live, so this is something I haven't experienced too much. With that said, I can see how that can be annoying. Yes, people turning into the far lane is something that drives me nuts as well. :yes: at the last sentence.

Don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable here, do we? It appears that has stopped for now. :giggle:

Hopefully there will be a way to change our avatar colors in the future.

Paris/Kevin: I pretty much agree with the thoughts here.

Katharine/Kellie: At least I was able to remember it. :yes: Although I wasn't much of a Kellie fan during the season, I enjoyed their friendship as well. Maybe I'll look into this and see if they're still in touch.

Gina/Haley: I guess most friendships that season we're overshadowed by the famed bromance. :haha: That long hug was sad yet nice. I sincerely hope they're still in touch.

Colton/Phillip: Well, they're friendship doesn't have a name that was mentioned everywhere no matter the relevance for starters. :haha: I think I completely lost when that moment happened. :dead: It was just so unexpected. :lmao:

Edited by Crisis

raw&f=1&nofb=1

Kelly Clarkson/Justin Guarini

1108-justin-inset-480x360.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This is a friendship I’m somewhat aware of. Seeing that they were the Top 2 during S1, it makes sense for them to get along with one another. Plus, they gave us an iconic masterpiece of a movie with the classic From Justin to Kelly. :giggle: Outside of this, I don't have much to say here unfortunately.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, miss denise said:

Kelly Clarkson & Justin Guarini

From Justin To Kelly isn't an iconic piece of cinema for no reason!  :wub::giggle: I always loved the friendship between these two and they are probably the original ~romantic ship~ of Idol. :haha:  I may not have shipped them in that way, but I still love their friendship. Also gotta love the ship name - Jelly. :giggle:

Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken

clay-aiken-and-ruben-studdard-will-star-in-a-christmas-141081.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Another Top 2 friendship appears. The S2 finalists appear to be a close knit group, and Ruben and Clay epitomize this. The two of them got along pretty well, and even to this day they’re in touch and work together from time to time. I believe the last thing they did together was a Christmas Special a year or two ago.

Ruben Studdard & Clay Aiken

This friendship is still going strong after 18 years! ❤️ I just love that Ruben and Clay got along so well back when they competed against each other, and have remained so close to even tour together and continue to work together after all this time. 

Clay Aiken/Kimberley Locke

79936.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

As mentioned, the S2 finalists seemed to get along with one another, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if these two became friends. However, in a 2008 interview, Kimberley said something along the lines of her and Clay not really being friends anymore. Fortunately, that no longer seems to be the case as there are pictures online of her, Clay, and Ruben together during Clay and Ruben's Christmas Special.

Clay Aiken & Kimberley Locke

Well... I don't have all that much to say, but I remember these two being good friends and it makes me happy. :giggle: 

George Huff/Jennifer Hudson

6.216787.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This is one of my favorite Idol friendships. The two couldn’t be any different personality wise; however, they were able to get along really well. One of my favorite Idol moments was seeing George as one of Jennifer’s background singers when she performed during a S10’s Result Show. 😊 I do wonder if the two are still working together, however.

George Huff & Jennifer Hudson

I randomly remembered George and Jennifer being BFF, or at least really good friends, during Season 3. :haha:  I thought that was sweet. It's ironic George had to choose between the B3 groups the night of Jennifer's shocking elimination. 

Kelly Clarkson/Justin Guarini:

Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken:

Clay Aiken/Kimberley Locke:

George Huff/Jennifer Hudson:

The first set is under way. I'll try to have the next set or two up sometime this weekend.

• Like 1

Two more honorable mentions...

Carly Smithson/Michael Johns

carly-and-michael.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

To be honest, I'm not sure if this is considered a friendship; however, I decided to post it anyway because it appeared to be one. Carly and Michael had a lot in common, the main thing being both were born outside of the US and were accused of being plants during S7. In addition, the two performed together a few times on the show after their season. I hoped they were friends outside of these performances.

Joey Cook/Quentin Alexander

american-idol-2015-finale-03-joey-quentin.jpg?fit=608%252C529%26ssl=1&f=1&nofb=1

This was a very popular friendship during S14. Two of the most unique Idol contestants seemed to really hit it off, and it was a friendship I enjoyed. The main thing they had in common was their love for New Orleans, which is Quentin's hometown and I believe Joey lives there now (she called it her second home). The most memorable thing about it is probably Quentin being upset over Joey potentially leaving the competition (which she eventually did), which led to his argument with Harry. I hope the two are still friends.

Carly Smithson/Michael Johns:

Joey Cook/Quentin Alexander: