Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

They really are the best. Last I checked, they upped it slightly from $5, but not sure what they're doing now with the theaters open again. I have no plans to go anytime soon. :haha: Oh yes, eating before going is another way to do it. :haha: Long movies may require a snack though. :giggle:  LOL at the suspicions. Anyone should be allowed to have a purse. :giggle: Or maybe you could fit something small in a pocket or under a jacket. Oh yeah, I've heard phones going off too, even though they clearly show a big message about it on the screen prior to the movie. :/ :haha:  

I'm ready for it now. :giggle: But also not because then I'll have to start my next one. :lmao:Or maybe I won't any more if people will be mean. :broken: 😢 

Aww. It was all your opinion though. :haha: 

LOL. Ah yes, that is the least we can hope for, but I'll go one further and hope you ace them! (!) Yes, it has.... I look forward to your comments. :blushingwave: 

Yeah, where I'm at they're now $8. The theaters here may not be open for long as the governor is considering another shutdown due to a spike in COVID cases. I see your point about having a snack in long movies. The problem I have is I'm usually done with them before half the movie is over. :haha: They should, but we live in a very judgmental society. 😐 I'll consider that next time I go to the movies. :haha: Absolutely, it's as if some people don't pay attention or care if they're an inconvenience to others. 😒

Unfortunately, I haven't even started anything; I'm still deciding who to post. As much as I enjoy reading your posts, it's understandable if you don't want to post anymore due to the mean comments.

It was, but it was fun. Outside of a few comments here and there, it wasn't as bad as I expected because I know some posters can be outright brutal. I still read that thread from time to time. What can I say; it's my baby as it was my first topic here. :haha:

Thank you. 🤗 I shall read it and have my comments in my next post. 👍

KJ Apa: Wow, I was dead on with my guess! :dead: When you said this person was a redhead only on TV, the first show that came to mind was Riverdale. Then I thought about the actor who plays Archie and briefly remembered something about him not being a natural redhead, so I decided to look it up to learn my hunch was confirmed and hence the KJ Apa guess. Either way, it's cool we both posted actors with red hair and accents for our next crushes. :haha:

I'm starting to sense you have a thing for guys named Archie. :giggle: Hopefully the dream of you adopting a red furred cat and naming it Archie comes true for you. I watched a few episodes of Riverdale because I was a huge fan of the comics as a child, and needless to say the show is nothing like the comics. :haha: Too bad the red color is only on the show because as you said it looks great on him. I actually prefer it to his natural brown color. :yes:

As for KJ himself, oh he's a New Zealander (I would use the other term; however, I can't recall if it's to be offensive or not, so I'm playing it safe). A nice looking person with an accent is definitely a turn on. :yes: From the write-up I take it he doesn't use his natural accent in any of his roles. If not, hopefully he will be able to speak in his natural voice in any role he plays in the future.

It's good to see he is a person of strong faith, which I'm sure helped him in I Still Believe. Too bad the movie was in theaters for only one weekend because of COVID. :( I haven't heard of the movie let alone seen it, but I don't doubt he was great in the role. :yes: From the looks of it, he's still pretty young so he certainly has a chance to do many more projects. I'm sure you're excited about his upcoming movie, especially since someone else you're a fan of is appearing in it as well.

Based on the videos posted, he definitely comes off as a goofball. :haha: From some pictures I've seen, I don't doubt he's fit and active. :omg: The gifs with the puppies posted shows he definitely has a great love for animals. :yes:

I don't recall him singing and playing the guitar; I'll have to look it up. Regardless, it's easy to see how he appeals to people based on everything written about him. 😊 :lmao: at him having the best name of any guy.

Speaking of the videos, I have to say he has great taste regarding his celebrity crushes, and I love the video with Cole Sprouse. Those two seem they really get along with one another. :haha:

Once again, another great write-up, although I'm starting to feel kind of bad because my write-ups are coming off as inadequate in comparison. 👍 :haha: 

This week Barack Obama unveiled his list of 20 songs that defined his presidency.  Among the big name artists - Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin and others - and oh, a song named Home - by Phillip Phillips.

The irony is that Home is ranked in this forum as one of the worse songs ever - even though it is the biggest selling song in American Idol history.   

Must be lot of MAGA people here, lol.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9485130/barack-obama-the-promised-land-playlist

Edited by mytake1
Update Link
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

This week Barack Obama unveiled his list of 20 songs that defined his presidency.  Among the big name artists - Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin and others - and oh, a song named Home - by Phillip Phillips.

The irony is that Home is ranked in this forum as one of the worse songs ever - even though it is the biggest selling song in American Idol history.   

Must be lot of MAGA people here, lol.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9485130/barack-obama-the-promised-land-playlist

No need to bring politics in here or make accusations against anyone from how they ranked a song. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and music is always subjective. 

Let's keep the conversation light and respect everyone's opinion. :yes: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, miss denise said:

No need to bring politics in here or make accusations against anyone from how they ranked a song. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion and music is always subjective. 

Let's keep the conversation light and respect everyone's opinion. :yes: 

I was joking - note the LOL. 

The President's list got a lot of media attention and it is a great achievement for Phillip Phillips and Home - and American Idol.   It should be acknowledged.  Credit where credit is due.  Congrats!

Edited by mytake1

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

I was keeping it light and said MAGA LOL. 

The President's list got a lot of media attention and it is a great achievement for Phillip Phillips and Home - and American Idol.   It should be acknowledged.  Credit where credit is due.  Congrats!

Let's just keep the politics and accusations out it. :yes:  But yes, that is a fantastic achievement for all involved and I agree it is worthy of acknowledging. ^_^ 

@Crisis I'm in a bit of a rush, so will catch up on your replies later in the day. :yes: 

15 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

The third GIF of him is pretty cute. 😅

I read this as "All the gifs of him are adorable and your write-up was very sweet and well done. I'm so glad you shared your love of him with us."  :wub: :bobo: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

@Crisis I'm in a bit of a rush, so will catch up on your replies later in the day. :yes: 

I'm looking forward to it! 👍

In the meanwhile, I've decided who to post next. I'll post a clue below:

When criminals in this world appear

And break the laws that they should fear

And frighten all who see or hear

The cry goes up both far and near

23 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, where I'm at they're now $8. The theaters here may not be open for long as the governor is considering another shutdown due to a spike in COVID cases. I see your point about having a snack in long movies. The problem I have is I'm usually done with them before half the movie is over. :haha: They should, but we live in a very judgmental society. 😐 I'll consider that next time I go to the movies. :haha: Absolutely, it's as if some people don't pay attention or care if they're an inconvenience to others. 😒

Unfortunately, I haven't even started anything; I'm still deciding who to post. As much as I enjoy reading your posts, it's understandable if you don't want to post anymore due to the mean comments.

It was, but it was fun. Outside of a few comments here and there, it wasn't as bad as I expected because I know some posters can be outright brutal. I still read that thread from time to time. What can I say; it's my baby as it was my first topic here. :haha:

Thank you. 🤗 I shall read it and have my comments in my next post. 👍

Darn, that's not cheap enough but it's better than the $15 I ended up paying for a night movie a few years ago. :haha: :/ I actually just heard last night that the theaters are closed back up again here as well. Ugh, I hope everyone can stay safe. :( lol I usually try to wait to have my snack, or if I have it too early then drinking water (but not too much) or chewing gum can also help curb any hunger. :haha:  Ah, I know. :( I hope it works out for you! :giggle: Unfortunately, this is true. :( 

I saw you have since decided so yay! Aww. I do have some others I want to post, so I will (wo)man up and at least do another. 😢 :haha: I just hope negativity can be kept inside.

I'm glad it went better than you thought! ^_^  Haha I used to love looking back on my old lists too. :broken: 

❤️ 

23 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

KJ Apa: Wow, I was dead on with my guess! :dead: When you said this person was a redhead only on TV, the first show that came to mind was Riverdale. Then I thought about the actor who plays Archie and briefly remembered something about him not being a natural redhead, so I decided to look it up to learn my hunch was confirmed and hence the KJ Apa guess. Either way, it's cool we both posted actors with red hair and accents for our next crushes. :haha:

I'm starting to sense you have a thing for guys named Archie. :giggle: Hopefully the dream of you adopting a red furred cat and naming it Archie comes true for you. I watched a few episodes of Riverdale because I was a huge fan of the comics as a child, and needless to say the show is nothing like the comics. :haha: Too bad the red color is only on the show because as you said it looks great on him. I actually prefer it to his natural brown color. :yes:

As for KJ himself, oh he's a New Zealander (I would use the other term; however, I can't recall if it's to be offensive or not, so I'm playing it safe). A nice looking person with an accent is definitely a turn on. :yes: From the write-up I take it he doesn't use his natural accent in any of his roles. If not, hopefully he will be able to speak in his natural voice in any role he plays in the future.

It's good to see he is a person of strong faith, which I'm sure helped him in I Still Believe. Too bad the movie was in theaters for only one weekend because of COVID. :( I haven't heard of the movie let alone seen it, but I don't doubt he was great in the role. :yes: From the looks of it, he's still pretty young so he certainly has a chance to do many more projects. I'm sure you're excited about his upcoming movie, especially since someone else you're a fan of is appearing in it as well.

Based on the videos posted, he definitely comes off as a goofball. :haha: From some pictures I've seen, I don't doubt he's fit and active. :omg: The gifs with the puppies posted shows he definitely has a great love for animals. :yes:

I don't recall him singing and playing the guitar; I'll have to look it up. Regardless, it's easy to see how he appeals to people based on everything written about him. 😊 :lmao: at him having the best name of any guy.

Speaking of the videos, I have to say he has great taste regarding his celebrity crushes, and I love the video with Cole Sprouse. Those two seem they really get along with one another. :haha:

Once again, another great write-up, although I'm starting to feel kind of bad because my write-ups are coming off as inadequate in comparison. 👍 :haha: 

I know! :dead:  Well done. I didn't expect you to be familiar with Riverdale, much less have watched it, so that's fun to learn. :haha: Haha yes, I originally thought about posting someone else next, but I wanted to match mine up with yours. :haha: 

I guess I do like Archies. :giggle:  Aw thanks about the cat! I don't know if I could live with myself if I adopted a cat before a dog :dead:  lol but maybe someday I'll have the home zoo I dream of. :wub:  I haven't read the comics, but I have heard that as well. Love that you agree with me on the red hair! ❤️ 

I'm not sure regarding the term either, so that is fair to be safe. I'm trying to remember if I heard him call himself that in any interviews or not. But yes, you get me. :haha: I hope he can! He has a beautiful accent. 

This is true. ❤️ Yeah, so unfortunate about the timing of the movie's release. :( His co-star in that movie is also an actress I'm a fan of (and they were also together in his very first movie - A Dog's Purpose), so it's fun how this keeps working out for me. :haha: And yeah, he is 23, although I always thought he looked older than his age, like older than 19 in the first season of Riverdale. He is the youngest of the core cast members though, with there being a five year age gap between him and Cole (Jughead). 😮 

I'm glad you got to see his personality. :giggle:  And LOL when I went searching for gifs... the first few page of results I saw were all of him shirtless. :dead: I didn't want to post one of those, but it is telling about his fitness. :giggle: Yes, love the puppies! :wub: 

I feel like that storyline was more heavy in the first season, although it's still always a part of his character. And they do a seasonal musical episode. :haha:  His name is so good though. :giggle: 

Oooh... I will have to take notes on this regarding who he named. :shiftywave: LOL yes him and Cole have a really close and hilarious friendship. I've watched that video so many times. :haha:  

Thank you! :hug: Nooo, don't feel that way. Mine keep coming out longer than I mean them to. :haha: 

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

I'm looking forward to it! 👍

In the meanwhile, I've decided who to post next. I'll post a clue below:

Reveal hidden contents

When criminals in this world appear

And break the laws that they should fear

And frighten all who see or hear

The cry goes up both far and near

😮 Back to the clues, I see.... and what at this? :dead:  I'm not great with riddles. I feel like these must be lyrics though, so *searches*  Oh, it's from the theme song for Underdog, a show from the 60s. :haha: HMM.  Does this mean the person has anything to do with this show or does she have some other "underdog" role? Wait, there was a live action movie and Amy Adams provided voice work. 😮 But you already denied her when I named her earlier. I'm not sure where to go from here. :haha:

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Darn, that's not cheap enough but it's better than the $15 I ended up paying for a night movie a few years ago. :haha: :/ I actually just heard last night that the theaters are closed back up again here as well. Ugh, I hope everyone can stay safe. :( lol I usually try to wait to have my snack, or if I have it too early then drinking water (but not too much) or chewing gum can also help curb any hunger. :haha:  Ah, I know. :( I hope it works out for you! :giggle: Unfortunately, this is true. :( 

I saw you have since decided so yay! Aww. I do have some others I want to post, so I will (wo)man up and at least do another. 😢 :haha: I just hope negativity can be kept inside.

I'm glad it went better than you thought! ^_^  Haha I used to love looking back on my old lists too. :broken: 

Reveal hidden contents

I know! :dead:  Well done. I didn't expect you to be familiar with Riverdale, much less have watched it, so that's fun to learn. :haha: Haha yes, I originally thought about posting someone else next, but I wanted to match mine up with yours. :haha: 

I guess I do like Archies. :giggle:  Aw thanks about the cat! I don't know if I could live with myself if I adopted a cat before a dog :dead:  lol but maybe someday I'll have the home zoo I dream of. :wub:  I haven't read the comics, but I have heard that as well. Love that you agree with me on the red hair! ❤️ 

I'm not sure regarding the term either, so that is fair to be safe. I'm trying to remember if I heard him call himself that in any interviews or not. But yes, you get me. :haha: I hope he can! He has a beautiful accent. 

This is true. ❤️ Yeah, so unfortunate about the timing of the movie's release. :( His co-star in that movie is also an actress I'm a fan of (and they were also together in his very first movie - A Dog's Purpose), so it's fun how this keeps working out for me. :haha: And yeah, he is 23, although I always thought he looked older than his age, like older than 19 in the first season of Riverdale. He is the youngest of the core cast members though, with there being a five year age gap between him and Cole (Jughead). 😮 

I'm glad you got to see his personality. :giggle:  And LOL when I went searching for gifs... the first few page of results I saw were all of him shirtless. :dead: I didn't want to post one of those, but it is telling about his fitness. :giggle: Yes, love the puppies! :wub: 

I feel like that storyline was more heavy in the first season, although it's still always a part of his character. And they do a seasonal musical episode. :haha:  His name is so good though. :giggle: 

Oooh... I will have to take notes on this regarding who he named. :shiftywave: LOL yes him and Cole have a really close and hilarious friendship. I've watched that video so many times. :haha:  

Thank you! :hug: Nooo, don't feel that way. Mine keep coming out longer than I mean them to. :haha: 

Reveal hidden contents

😮 Back to the clues, I see.... and what at this? :dead:  I'm not great with riddles. I feel like these must be lyrics though, so *searches*  Oh, it's from the theme song for Underdog, a show from the 60s. :haha: HMM.  Does this mean the person has anything to do with this show or does she have some other "underdog" role? Wait, there was a live action movie and Amy Adams provided voice work. 😮 But you already denied her when I named her earlier. I'm not sure where to go from here. :haha:

Yeah, unfortunately it isn't cheap. $15 is absolutely nuts to pay for a movie. I think the most I paid was $12, so it's not that far off. It's unfortunate places are closing back up again; however, it appears that there are two vaccines that are in development and have had positive results thus far. Maybe things will be back to normal sooner than expected if this keeps up. :yes: We can't drink too much water; it's not good having to use the restroom in the middle of the movie. :haha: I hope it does as well. :giggle: Yeah, I wish it wasn't. :(

I'll try to have my next one up some time this weekend. Whether you post someone or not, I support the decision and will look forward to whoever you post. :yes: Me too.

I'm glad as well. Ugh, once again the crash was no fun; I miss reading some of the old lists and would've loved to see yours. 💔

So I'm two for three now? :haha: As I mentioned, I was a huge fan of the comics, so I was familiar with the name of the town and the characters. Nice to see that you wanted to match with mine. Maybe that other person will show up next. :shiftywave:

:giggle:. I don't mind cats though I'm more of a dog person myself. If you believe you'll have one and work hard enough for it, maybe that home zoo will become a reality. :yes: I'll just say the comics are much different from the show, at least the parts I've seen. ❤️ about the red hair.

It's better to be safe than sorry. :yes: Here's to him being able to speak in his natural voice in future projects. 👍

Ugh about the movie's timing. 💔 It does seem to work out a lot for you regarding him working with actresses you're a fan of. I was surprised to learn he was only 23. With that said, he did appear to be older than the age he was supposed to portray. 😮 at him being the youngest and there being a five year gap between him and the second youngest cast member (Cole Sprauser).

He does appear to have a fun personality. Understandable about not wanting to post pictures of him shirtless; I've had to fight the urge of not posting some of mine in swimsuits or anything too revealing. :lmao: The pictures were telling about his fitness. You can't go wrong with puppies!

Oh I see about that angle. I don't think I've seen any of these seasonal music episodes. It does sound nice to say, I'll admit. :haha:

:lmao: at taking notes on his crushes. I don't doubt they do. I ended up liking Cole from the video. The way he read the tweets was hilarious. :rofl: 

You're welcome. 🤗 At least they show how much effort and care that are put in them. 👍

As for the clue of my next crush, I'll post three of them unless someone gets it before then. You are correct in that the clue are lyrics to the Underdog cartoon theme song. Underdog does have something to do with this person; however, it may or may not have to do with the character, the show, or the live action movie. I'll post clue #2 some time tomorrow.

Edited by Crisis

11 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, unfortunately it isn't cheap. $15 is absolutely nuts to pay for a movie. I think the most I paid was $12, so it's not that far off. It's unfortunate places are closing back up again; however, it appears that there are two vaccines that are in development and have had positive results thus far. Maybe things will be back to normal sooner than expected if this keeps up. :yes: We can't drink too much water; it's not good having to use the restroom in the middle of the movie. :haha: I hope it does as well. :giggle: Yeah, I wish it wasn't. :(

I'll try to have my next one up some time this weekend. Whether you post someone or not, I support the decision and will look forward to whoever you post. :yes: Me too.

I'm glad as well. Ugh, once again the crash was no fun; I miss reading some of the old lists and would've loved to see yours. 💔

Reveal hidden contents

So I'm two for three now? :haha: As I mentioned, I was a huge fan of the comics, so I was familiar with the name of the town and the characters. Nice to see that you wanted to match with mine. Maybe that other person will show up next. :shiftywave:

:giggle:. I don't mind cats though I'm more of a dog person myself. If you believe you'll have one and work hard enough for it, maybe that home zoo will become a reality. :yes: I'll just say the comics are much different from the show, at least the parts I've seen. ❤️ about the red hair.

It's better to be safe than sorry. :yes: Here's to him being able to speak in his natural voice in future projects. 👍

Ugh about the movie's timing. 💔 It does seem to work out a lot for you regarding him working with actresses you're a fan of. I was surprised to learn he was only 23. With that said, he did appear to be older than the age he was supposed to portray. 😮 at him being the youngest and there being a five year gap between him and the second youngest cast member (Cole Sprauser).

He does appear to have a fun personality. Understandable about not wanting to post pictures of him shirtless; I've had to fight the urge of not posting some of mine in swimsuits or anything too revealing. :lmao: The pictures were telling about his fitness. You can't go wrong with puppies!

Oh I see about that angle. I don't think I've seen any of these seasonal music episodes. It does sound nice to say, I'll admit. :haha:

:lmao: at taking notes on his crushes. I don't doubt they do. I ended up liking Cole from the video. The way he read the tweets was hilarious. :rofl: 

You're welcome. 🤗 At least they show how much effort and care that are put in them. 👍

Reveal hidden contents

As for the clue of my next crush, I'll post three of them unless someone gets it before then. You are correct in that the clue are lyrics to the Underdog cartoon theme song. Underdog does have something to do with this person; however, it may or may not have to do with the character, the show, or the live action movie. I'll post clue #2 some time tomorrow.

Actually, it may have been $13, but my mind went to $15 for some reason. :haha:  My friend bought the tickets for a group of us, so I didn't know the cost until it was time to pay up. :dead: I never choose night time showings myself, so was in for a shock with that price. Yes! I heard good things about the vaccines. My brother is a nurse and keeps us in the loop on this. :yes: I sure hope so. LOL yes, that's why I mentioned not drinking toooo much. :giggle: I tend to drink a lot of water in general so I have to restrain myself during movies. :haha: 

Excited to see it! Thanks so much. :hug: 

Yeah, I had soooo many lists from over the years. 😢 It breaks my heart thinking about it. 

Yes, although we can include Jesse in there since you knew he was coming and I didn't post a clue. :haha: I would love to read the Archie comics sometime! Do you ship Archie with Betty or Veronica? :shiftywave:  Haha the matching is fun! Maybe soooo.... but we'll see who you post first. :giggle: 

I love animals in general, but am definitely a dog person when it comes down to it. I should clarify because my family adopted the most wonderful puppy (the one I mentioned showing Hunter a photo of), but since I live on my own now, I want to adopt animals to live with me too. Just haven't gotten to it yet. 😢 But thank you! :wub:  Haha it doesn't surprise me, but I love the ~dark feel of the show.

I agree and thanks! 

Yeah. :(  I am thankful for that! Glad you agree with me on the age too. :haha: I know teenagers are often portrayed by actors older than that. Oops, Cole is actually the oldest of the core four, but the five year gap between him and KJ is a bit of a surprise. 

LOL I would feel a bit weird and embarrassed posting photos like that. :dead: It's all good though. Puppies are the best! :wub: 

They sometimes get some flack for those, but I think they're fun. :giggle: Haha yes! 

They might appear for you. 😮 I have to be prepared. :giggle: Oh yay! As long as you like KJ more. :giggle:  But I agree! :dead: 

❤️ :hug: 

Oh good, I definitely need more help! :haha: I am the worst at this. Who is an underdog? I feel it could be anyone. :dead: WAIT. Alicia Keys has a song called "Underdog." Could it be her?!  

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:
  Hide contents

No, because Danielle is my main focus in regards to that season of the Voice. :yes:

:dead: So you want to predict someone you still wouldn't care about. :lmao: Well, I'll reveal then that neither of them will make an appearance, although I am a fan of theirs. But I love and much prefer Danielle as well, so you can post your approval for me now! :wub: :giggle: 

3 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Hide contents

:dead: So you want to predict someone you still wouldn't care about. :lmao: Well, I'll reveal then that neither of them will make an appearance, although I am a fan of theirs. But I love and much prefer Danielle as well, so you can post your approval for me now! :wub: :giggle: 

Love to see that Danielle support! :thumbsup:

Edited by Bk1234

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Hide contents

Love to see that Danielle support! 

:thumbsup:

She is probably my favorite alum from The Voice! :wub:  I haven't watched a lot of the seasons, but saw all her performances and own her music. ❤️ 

This is also fitting to post now. ❤️ 

• Like 1