Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

I'm sure most of us have had some favorites on Idol and have enjoyed most if not all of their performances during their time on the show. However, there may be a performance or two we didn't care for. As mentioned, I'll rank the least favorite Idol performances of posters' ten favorite Idol contestants.

Guidelines:

- Submit your least favorite performance of each of your Top Ten contestants via PM

- Please limit the performances to semi-finals and finals only

- The deadline for submissions will be November 8 at 11:00 PM EST

If I think of anything else, I'll add them later. I'm hoping to get a minimum of at least 20 performances. If fewer than 20 are submitted, I'll just do my own personal list. With that said, let's see how this turns out!

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

I'm sure most of us have had some favorites on Idol and have enjoyed most if not all of their performances during their time on the show. However, there may be a performance or two we didn't care for. As mentioned, I'll rank the least favorite Idol performances of posters' ten favorite Idol contestants.

Guidelines:

- Submit your least favorite performance of each of your Top Ten contestants via PM

- The deadline for submissions will be November 8 at 11:00 EST

If I think of anything else, I'll add them later. I'm hoping to get a minimum of at least 20 performances. If fewer than 20 are submitted, I'll just do my own personal list. With that said, let's see how this turns out!

Wow, what a polarizing topic! 🤣 I’ll send my submissions as soon as I can. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:27 PM, Crisis said:

We definitely cannot forget about Nicole Scherzinger. 😍 Yeah, they are. Ginny Weasley? I just looked up who it was, and it appears she is someone from Harry Potter (which I'm not all that familiar with). :lmao: at the last sentence.

I'd be interested in seeing all of them. I cannot hide my attraction to Gwen Stefani no longer. Me constantly taking shots at her is me trying to come to grips with my feelings towards her (this is completely tongue-in-cheek BTW in case anyone is wondering if I'm being serious 😉). Nicole is indeed one of them; I'll list some of mine if you'll list some of yours, but it'll probably be in the Entertainment Forum (I think that's the place for the thread 🤷‍♂️). The last two sentences makes me think one of yours was listed in this thread somewhere; I'll have to peruse it to see if I can find anything. :shiftywave:

Yeah, but I can't blame her. I've had a few of those myself (Lisa Wilson, Kristen O'Connor, and Shi Scott are three who come to mind).

- That she is. 😍 That's true about them and yellow dresses. The funny thing, however, is that I liked Pia's dress but didn't care too much for Katharine's (though her face and hair was beautiful). Thank you! To quote the late Aretha Franklin and George Michael, I knew you were waiting for that last Gwen Stefani mention; I'm happy to see I didn't disappoint. :dead: Glad to see you get the joke. Yeah, but I can't help but feel guilty about it. 🥺 I'm confident you'd pass.

That's good to see. I thought so when I read that; it's too bad she slipped. I feel so accomplished. 😂

I should've just hired someone who would be able to do the males justice. :lmao: Thank you. Most of us do enjoy swimming in the shallow end; I know I definitely do. 🤣 That would be an interesting topic to rank. I'm not sure if I can come up with many; however, I think some posters would be able to help with that. I'll post them now and do something similar to the prettiest voices listing.

Favorite Idol Male Voices (in alphabetical order):

- Bo Bice

- David Cook

- Dennis Lorenzo

- Elliott Yamin

- George Huff

- Phil Stacey

- Ruben Studdard

I'm sure there are others, but those are the main ones who come to mind.

Of course not. :teeheewave: Oh LOL now I know you are not a Harry Potter fan. :dead: 😢 It was a bit of a joke, but oh well. :lmao: I'm on a mission to think of some redheads now.

Ooh, I feel I hold the key to some very valuable information you are seeking. :shiftywave: :giggle: And LOL I KNEW IT! Your love for Gwen is confirmed. :wub: #1 on the Crisis crush list has been revealed! Sorry to all for ruining the list. :giggle: Oh lol I love this "I'll list mine if you list yours" deal. :dead:  That is likely the forum for it if it were to be a new thread, unless we want to just share some here in our conversation. I would rather mine be hidden in a wall of text and not put on blast. :dead:  Hahaha well maybe, but... that's for me to know. :giggle: 

Ooh. :giggle: 

- They must think you like yellow dresses. :giggle: That is interesting, but at least Kat looked gorgeous regardless.  Hahaha I sure was and always live for those mentions! :wub: :dead: Aww no no, you only posted our combined results. :no: :hug: Haha thanks! 

Yes, oops. But it worked out for you. :haha: 

Well.... I'm available, but my rates are high. :kissbye: :dead: Just kidding. I do as well. :giggle: Yes, I thought that could be another collaborative one where we submit our choices and vote.  I also thought of an idea where you pick some themes done multiple times and rank your favorite performances from them? Not sure if you would like that.  Oh yay, thank you! Very interesting to see. 😮 I do like all of these guy's voices, although some more than others, of course. I think the ones I agree with most are Elliott, George, and Ruben. The biggest omission for me is David Archuleta. 😛  I'd also include Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, and Clark Beckham to name a few others. I like C-named guys voices apparently. :giggle: 

11 hours ago, Crisis said:

For this thread, I've decided to do the weird idea, i.e. rank the least favorite performances of posters' Top Ten contestants. I'll post the guidelines once we get to the next page. If I do decide to go ahead with the other idea, I'll most likely start that thread this weekend.

Yay for weird ideas! :haha: 

12 hours ago, Crisis said:

Guidelines:

- The deadline for submissions will be November 8 at 11:00 EST

I will be pulling a fast one and submitting my actual favorite performances instead to ensure my submissions rank on top of the list. (!) :wub: 

Kidding, of course, but I had to try it. :giggle:  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Of course not. :teeheewave: Oh LOL now I know you are not a Harry Potter fan. :dead: 😢 It was a bit of a joke, but oh well. :lmao: I'm on a mission to think of some redheads now.

Ooh, I feel I hold the key to some very valuable information you are seeking. :shiftywave: :giggle: And LOL I KNEW IT! Your love for Gwen is confirmed. :wub: #1 on the Crisis crush list has been revealed! Sorry to all for ruining the list. :giggle: Oh lol I love this "I'll list mine if you list yours" deal. :dead:  That is likely the forum for it if it were to be a new thread, unless we want to just share some here in our conversation. I would rather mine be hidden in a wall of text and not put on blast. :dead:  Hahaha well maybe, but... that's for me to know. :giggle: 

Ooh. :giggle: 

- They must think you like yellow dresses. :giggle: That is interesting, but at least Kat looked gorgeous regardless.  Hahaha I sure was and always live for those mentions! :wub: :dead: Aww no no, you only posted our combined results. :no: :hug: Haha thanks! 

Yes, oops. But it worked out for you. :haha: 

Well.... I'm available, but my rates are high. :kissbye: :dead: Just kidding. I do as well. :giggle: Yes, I thought that could be another collaborative one where we submit our choices and vote.  I also thought of an idea where you pick some themes done multiple times and rank your favorite performances from them? Not sure if you would like that.  Oh yay, thank you! Very interesting to see. 😮 I do like all of these guy's voices, although some more than others, of course. I think the ones I agree with most are Elliott, George, and Ruben. The biggest omission for me is David Archuleta. 😛  I'd also include Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, and Clark Beckham to name a few others. I like C-named guys voices apparently. :giggle: 

Yay for weird ideas! :haha: 

❤️. Yeah, unfortunately. I've read the first book and saw the first movie; however, that was it. I had a feeling it was a joke. :lmao: I just thought of a red head, but I'll wait before saying anything, however... :shiftywave:

The question now becomes how do I get you to use it. 🤔 You should be sorry for ruining my crush list! 😛 :haha: We can share it here, seeing that there doesn't appear to be much traffic. :lmao: OK, you can have yours hidden; I'll post mine and do some write-ups on them. I'll most likely do one per page; I may do one tonight after work depending on how busy I am. Now I'm even more curious... :giggle: 🤔

:giggle:

- Apparently they do; I feel so special. :wub: :dead: That she did. :yes: I noticed. :giggle: I have to come up with some more ways how to incorporate her. That is true; however, that hasn't stopped anymore from coming after the messenger. 😆 You got this! 👍

Probably the only time I'll have something in my favor. 🤣

Hmm, you drive a hard bargain, but I'm sure the rates would be worth it. 🤣 👍 I'll have to come up with some ideas where we can embrace our shallowness. That does seem to be a good topic for collaborations and rankings. I'll put that one aside and probably come back to it in the future. The themes that have been done multiple times is a great idea; I already have one in mind and may do it after the current ranking. Nice to see you agree with some of the voices, especially with the three listed. Of course you'd think Archie is one of the biggest omissions. 😛 His is a good one for consideration. 🤣 at all of the C-named guys; they all have very good voices, however. :yes:

As with shallowness, it's good to embrace our weirdness once in a while. :yes: :lmao:

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

I will be pulling a fast one and submitting my actual favorite performances instead to ensure my submissions rank on top of the list. (!) :wub: 

Kidding, of course, but I had to try it. :giggle:  

naughty kat graham by GIF Registry

18 hours ago, Crisis said:

Guidelines:

- The deadline for submissions will be November 8 at 11:00 PM EST

Count me in

• Like 1

10 hours ago, miss denise said:

It was hard enough to narrow down top 10 contestants, so I just went with 10 of my favorites. Least favorite performances was tough too... don't be too harsh in judging them please. 😢 😛 

iwt.gif&f=1&nofb=1

5 hours ago, psterina said:

Count me in

Ty Thank You GIF

What the heck. Since there will be some time before the next ranking starts, I've decided to post at least one celebrity crush per page. For the record, none of these will be Idol contestants. I'll put them in spoiler tags, and they'll be in no particular order. With that said, here is the first one...

Celebrity Crush #1: Nicole Scherzinger

nicole-scherzinger-avra-beverly-hills-grand-opening-04-26-2018-6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Nicole-Scherzinger-XFactor-Kurt-Geiger-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 nicole1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 nicole-scherzinger-fashion-awards-2019-red-carpet-in-london-8.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Seeing that I have talked about Nicole Scherzinger a lot in this thread, I might as well start with her. 😊 Nicole is someone I fell in love with almost instantly the moment I saw her as a member of the Pussycat Dolls. I thought she was so beautiful 😍; however, I’ll confess I wasn’t impressed with her singing at first despite liking some of the PCD songs. I dismissed her as one of those pop starlets who didn’t have much talent and was a creation of some manager or record executive. That changed, however, when I saw some videos of her singing live. She really impressed me vocally and made me realize she was the real deal, which only enhanced her attractiveness. Below I’ll post some of my favorite videos:

The video below is not a performance, but I thought it was fun...

Outside of her singing, I enjoyed watching her on some of the shows she’s judged, which includes The Sing-Off, The X Factor, and The Masked Singer. Admittedly, ogling her is one of the main reasons I enjoy watching TMS, plus it doesn’t hurt she’s one of the better panelists when it comes to guessing the costumed celebrities (though the most recent episode makes me question that somewhat :giggle:). Regardless, I still think she’s absolutely gorgeous and I have no qualms listing her as one of my biggest celebrity crushes. :wub:

tenor.gif?itemid=4786122&f=1&nofb=1 tumblr_m5cokv1sRG1qeu4kv.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Nicole Scherzinger

(I'm putting it here just in case anyone wants to judge comment. 😆)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crisis said:

❤️. Yeah, unfortunately. I've read the first book and saw the first movie; however, that was it. I had a feeling it was a joke. :lmao: I just thought of a red head, but I'll wait before saying anything, however... :shiftywave:

The question now becomes how do I get you to use it. 🤔 You should be sorry for ruining my crush list! 😛 :haha: We can share it here, seeing that there doesn't appear to be much traffic. :lmao: OK, you can have yours hidden; I'll post mine and do some write-ups on them. I'll most likely do one per page; I may do one tonight after work depending on how busy I am. Now I'm even more curious... :giggle: 🤔

- Apparently they do; I feel so special. :wub: :dead: That she did. :yes: I noticed. :giggle: I have to come up with some more ways how to incorporate her. That is true; however, that hasn't stopped anymore from coming after the messenger. 😆 You got this! 👍

Probably the only time I'll have something in my favor. 🤣

Hmm, you drive a hard bargain, but I'm sure the rates would be worth it. 🤣 👍 I'll have to come up with some ideas where we can embrace our shallowness. That does seem to be a good topic for collaborations and rankings. I'll put that one aside and probably come back to it in the future. The themes that have been done multiple times is a great idea; I already have one in mind and may do it after the current ranking. Nice to see you agree with some of the voices, especially with the three listed. Of course you'd think Archie is one of the biggest omissions. 😛 His is a good one for consideration. 🤣 at all of the C-named guys; they all have very good voices, however. :yes:

As with shallowness, it's good to embrace our weirdness once in a while. :yes: :lmao:

naughty kat graham by GIF Registry

Aw darn, Harry Potter is one of my favorite things ever. :haha: bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 I hope you at least enjoyed the first one, but lol obviously not enough to continue. LOL yeah, but I guess that fell flat, like when you gave me a Pokemon response. :dead:  Ooooh! It is hard to think of, but I know there is Amy Adams. 😮  Besides the Idol one, of course. 

That is a very good question indeed... maybe I can be bribed. :giggle: OOPS but it had to come out sooner or later. :wub: :giggle: And this is proof of Crisis falling for a blonde. 😮 :giggle:  Aw okay, that's fine with me! I had a fun thought of us coming up with some celebs the other might find attractive and see if we get anything close. :giggle: Oh yay! That is a fun thing to do in between lists or just whenever. We'll be embracing the "random" portion of the thread title. :giggle: And LOL this last part. Looks like you got your thinking cap on. :giggle: 

lol at least they tried! Yesss, I will be waiting for them. :giggle: Awww no, well I will never do that. :haha:  And I'll be ready to defend, if necessary. (!) 

You never know. :teeheewave: 

Why thank you. :giggle: I've been trying to come up with some ideas and that's all I have from the shallow pool so far. Sounds good! Oh yay, you thought of the themes one too. 😄 Archie has one of my favorite voices of all time, so I do think this. :wub: Haha yes. 

:lmao:  Let's call it creativity. 

:dead:  

• Like 1

omg yes it's starting! :dead:  

Nicole Scherzinger:  Ooh why didn't I think of putting mine in a spoiler tag too so it would be hidden? :giggle: Good idea. But of course Nicole! I love her too, although not in the same way as you. :haha:  I loved a lot of the early PCD songs, but I get your initial thoughts on her. I think even now many people don't realize what a talented singer she is. She really has an incredible voice, as well as a fun personality. She is also an amazingly talented dancer and the best female to ever be on DWTS, in my opinion. I love watching her as a judge as well. She's just a lot of fun and as you mentioned, extremely beautiful. :yes:  Great way to start! Oh and I guess we need to get to 100 pages and see how many crushes we can come up with. :giggle: 

• Like 1

Nicole Scherzinger- Yeah, not for me... 😕 I think Nicole is someone who looks pretty good in some instances and pretty bad in others. 😅 I have never been a huge fan of her, but I enjoyed her on the X-Factor. In terms of her singing, her voice is just not for me. 🤢 It doesn’t sound strong at all, especially in that performance of Memory that you sent. I wanted to turn the performance off after only a few seconds, but I watched all of it for you (#dedication). 😊 Overall, I can kind of see the appeal, but she’s just not for me... 😔

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

Aw darn, Harry Potter is one of my favorite things ever. :haha: bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 I hope you at least enjoyed the first one, but lol obviously not enough to continue. LOL yeah, but I guess that fell flat, like when you gave me a Pokemon response. :dead:  Ooooh! It is hard to think of, but I know there is Amy Adams. 😮  Besides the Idol one, of course. 

That is a very good question indeed... maybe I can be bribed. :giggle: OOPS but it had to come out sooner or later. :wub: :giggle: And this is proof of Crisis falling for a blonde. 😮 :giggle:  Aw okay, that's fine with me! I had a fun thought of us coming up with some celebs the other might find attractive and see if we get anything close. :giggle: Oh yay! That is a fun thing to do in between lists or just whenever. We'll be embracing the "random" portion of the thread title. :giggle: And LOL this last part. Looks like you got your thinking cap on. :giggle: 

lol at least they tried! Yesss, I will be waiting for them. :giggle: Awww no, well I will never do that. :haha:  And I'll be ready to defend, if necessary. (!) 

You never know. :teeheewave: 

Why thank you. :giggle: I've been trying to come up with some ideas and that's all I have from the shallow pool so far. Sounds good! Oh yay, you thought of the themes one too. 😄 Archie has one of my favorite voices of all time, so I do think this. :wub: Haha yes. 

:lmao:  Let's call it creativity. 

:dead:  

Aww. 💔 The first one was good; I think I enjoyed the book more than the movie, however. I guess we know what not to use for our jokes. 🤣 She is a good one, but it's not her. 😉

I'll just have to come up with a price. :giggle: Yeah, she is the one who has broken down my barriers when it comes to blondes. :giggle: Glad to see it's fine with you. That is a fun thought; we can still do that! :yes: Yes, this is the "random" portion of the thread title. It's good to break away once in a while. I do have my thinking cap on indeed; I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I get to the bottom of this mystery. 🤣 😉

I always appreciate a good effort. :yes: I'm not sure I have any right now. However, there are always opportunities; they just have to be found. I know you won't, but I'm not sure about others. :/ Thank you! 🤗

Maybe...

:giggle:. These are good ideas. I certainly did, but I'll wait until the upcoming ranking is done before saying it. That one may be the last one I'll do for a while depending on when it's finished because as I mentioned earlier, I won't be as active at least in the American Idol subforum when the season starts due to wanting to avoid spoilers and not wanting to watch until the semi-finalists start. He really does have a nice voice.

Yes, let's call it that. It sounds better.

Glad to see you enjoyed my response. :lmao:

I have to go now. I'll reply to everything else during my lunch break. 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

omg yes it's starting! :dead:  

Reveal hidden contents

Nicole Scherzinger:  Ooh why didn't I think of putting mine in a spoiler tag too so it would be hidden? :giggle: Good idea. But of course Nicole! I love her too, although not in the same way as you. :haha:  I loved a lot of the early PCD songs, but I get your initial thoughts on her. I think even now many people don't realize what a talented singer she is. She really has an incredible voice, as well as a fun personality. She is also an amazingly talented dancer and the best female to ever be on DWTS, in my opinion. I love watching her as a judge as well. She's just a lot of fun and as you mentioned, extremely beautiful. :yes:  Great way to start! Oh and I guess we need to get to 100 pages and see how many crushes we can come up with. :giggle: 

Happy to see you so excited! 🥰

Nicole Scherzinger: See, there's a way to post our thoughts without having other people reading them. If they do, it's voluntary and they have no one to blame but themselves. 😛 Now, I eagerly wait one from you. 😉 Back to Nicole, it does appear not many realize how good of a singer she really is (I was one of those as I mentioned in her write-up). I wish her solo career was better than it is. I didn't watch her season of DwtS (speaking of which...🤔), but it's good to see she's a talented dancer as well. Thinking she's the best female dancer to appear on the show is high praise. 😮 I agree with her being fun and extremely beautiful of course. ❤️ Thank you! I don't know if we'll get that far; maybe if others are brave enough to post theirs. :giggle:

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nicole Scherzinger- Yeah, not for me... 😕 I think Nicole is someone who looks pretty good in some instances and pretty bad in others. 😅 I have never been a huge fan of her, but I enjoyed her on the X-Factor. In terms of her singing, her voice is just not for me. 🤢 It doesn’t sound strong at all, especially in that performance of Memory that you sent. I wanted to turn the performance off after only a few seconds, but I watched all of it for you (#dedication). 😊 Overall, I can kind of see the appeal, but she’s just not for me... 😔

Nicole Scherzinger💔 at these comments, especially the puking face regarding her voice. 😢 I'm being melodramatic of course. 😉 Even if you're not a fan of her rendition of Memory, hopefully we agree it was better than Jason Castro's. I'm happy you watched the whole video for me despite the extreme ear torture you must've experienced. 😂 Fair enough if she isn't for you; we all have our preferences after all. 😊 At least you seemed to enjoy her on the X-Factor. 👍

I may post another one this evening if we get to the next page.

• Like 1