Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

Honorable Mention: Nikki McKibbin

Nikki_McKibbin_Images-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1  tristanlangley.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

While looking at the nominees, I realized Nikki was one and forgot to add her to the list; therefore, I’ll dedicate a write-up to her (sorry about that BTW). Nikki isn’t someone I would say is conventionally attractive, but she has an unconventional beauty about her. She is someone who definitely stood out image-wise during S1 with her dyed pink hair and tattoos. Unfortunately, she had a period when she gained a lot of weight; I think her struggles with drugs and alcohol had a lot to do with it. However, based on her appearance when her son auditioned in S13, she appears to be healthier both physically and mentally. I posted two pictures of her. The one on the left is my personal favorite of hers, and the one on the right is with her son when he auditioned for Idol in S13, which is about 6-7 years ago. I'm not sure what she looks like now because I couldn't find any current pictures of her. Overall, If she were to be included in the Top 35, I would most likely rank her in the high teens, low 20s area.

I have some labs to do tonight, so I won't start posting the rankings until tomorrow at the earliest. For this ranking, I've decided to do similar to what I did in my other thread and post clues as to who may appear in an upcoming set. I'll post them at the bottom in spoiler tags and have other posters match them when I post the set. The rule of no one discussing the clues until I post the set applies here, and I'll hand out trophies to whoever matches the contestants first. This will be until the Top 10 of both genders, of which I will change the game up some because I'll be posting them one at a time. With everything said, I'll post the clues for the Bottom Five males and females below:

Males:

A true gentleman

Nailed it!

Nothing to dread

Nurse salt

Round of applause

Females:

Don’t wander low in the valley

Exile car gas

Last place male sang a song of hers

Rock Star Supernova

“The Dress”

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

The previous post has been updated with information about this ranking. I may post some other contestants here and there who I find/found attractive but didn't make the list. Anyone else can do so as well. The contestants have been added to the first post of this thread in case anyone wants to know who's being ranked. 🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

I was actually wondering if someone was going to nominate her, so at least she slipped in somehow. 😅 Overall, I think she looks quite pretty in the pictures you showed. I will say that her hair certainly looks neater in those pictures than in the ones from her time on the show! :haha: Her son doesn’t look half bad in the second picture either... :giggle: 

35 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I was actually wondering if someone was going to nominate her, so at least she slipped in somehow. 😅 Overall, I think she looks quite pretty in the pictures you showed. I will say that her hair certainly looks neater in those pictures than in the ones from her time on the show! :haha: Her son doesn’t look half bad in the second picture either... :giggle: 

Yeah, after I posted the lists and opened the rankings, I took a look at the nominees and realized I forgot her, so I knew I was going to do a write-up of her to make up for it. :haha: I agree about her looking pretty in the pictures and her hair being neater than in the show. I believe her son was 15 at the time he auditioned (of course I could be wrong about this), so he probably be in his early 20s by now.

6 hours ago, Crisis said:

I'm not all that familiar with him or his music, but I have heard a few things from him and was able to recognize the voice. I'll look in there in my spare time to see; I'll try my best not to judge. :giggle: I won't say anything about Serpent; however, I have seen some speculation about Seahorse. I guess we'll see if I can pick something up about her tomorrow night. (and yes at all the S-characters :giggle:).

That's really good to see! Hopefully everything stays good and clear!🤞

Yes, it will be a challenge, but hopefully I'll be able to do something for everyone.

I believe the next post will be on the next page, so I'm going to reserve it for tonight because my lunch break is about to end.

Okay, that's fun to know! ^_^  LOL you can let me know if you do and what you think. :dead:  Thank you! I do really like Serpent from the first performance, so am curious if I can pick anything up on the identity. Oooh I wonder what you might have heard regarding Seahorse. :shiftywave: But yep, we shall see! 

Thank you very much. :hug: 

You got this! :yes: 

Honorable Mention: Nikki McKibbin: Not quite sure how to comment her myself, but I do really like and appreciate what you wrote about her. :yes: I'm glad she is healthy (and hopefully still is), which is what's most important and can show from the outside as well. 

Ooh clues! I have ideas for hardly any, so hopefully it'll hit me when you post them. :lmao: 

34 minutes ago, miss denise said:

LOL you can let me know if you do and what you think. :dead:  Thank you! I do really like Serpent from the first performance, so am curious if I can pick anything up on the identity. Oooh I wonder what you might have heard regarding Seahorse. :shiftywave: But yep, we shall see! 

Thank you very much. :hug: 

You got this! :yes: 

Honorable Mention: Nikki McKibbin: Not quite sure how to comment her myself, but I do really like and appreciate what you wrote about her. :yes: I'm glad she is healthy (and hopefully still is), which is what's most important and can show from the outside as well. 

Ooh clues! I have ideas for hardly any, so hopefully it'll hit me when you post them. :lmao: 

I'll let you know what I think should I get around to it. :giggle: I'll wait until after the show tomorrow before I say anything just in case I pick up anything different.

You're welcome. :hug:

I hope so. I'll struggle more with the guys because obviously I'm more attracted to females. :haha:

Honorable Mention: I know she's been through a lot over the years, so I wanted to keep it positive (I can't make the same promise for the others though I'll try). I'm glad to see she's appears to be healthy as well.

As for the clues, the challenge is not to use the same ones I did in my Contestants Thread. :dead: We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Let's get this thing started! First the males:

35-31:

- A true gentleman

-Beignet
- Nailed it!
- Nothing to dread
- Round of applause

35. Joshua Ledet

joshua-ledet-630.jpg

Average Score:

Rankings:

@psterina - 25th

@miss denise - 30th

@JC - 32nd

@Bk1234 - 35th

@Crisis - 35th

Coming in at #35 on the males side is the S11 third placer. As a minor spoiler, Joshua is the only contestant in both genders who does not have a ranking above 25 by anyone. I think one of the problems with Joshua is that he doesn’t exactly have the softest features. Maybe he is someone who would look better with more facial hair than the soul patch he sports from time to time. I think he looks fine in the picture I posted of him but overall, while I don’t think he looks bad per se, I still have him last in my rankings and from the looks of it, he doesn’t appear to be popular with the other rankers either.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:14 PM, Bk1234 said:

#35: Joshua Ledet

XqmtiqX4_400x400.jpg

Here he is, my number #35 for the guys. Sorry to all the people who think Joshua is really good-looking, but I’m just not a fan. 😕 I mean he always seemed to have bags under his eyes, which is just not a good look to have. Plus, his smile looks very creepy in some pictures. Otherwise, I have no issues with Joshua’s physical appearance. 

Joshua is definitely better off in the personality department. He had such a great relationship with Hollie during the show that was just so cool to watch (and sad, after Hollie got eliminated. 😢) I’m pretty sure this is my shortest write-up for this ranking, so sorry if I didn’t do Joshua justice… At the end of the day, it’s about how YOU feel about him, not how I feel! 

34. Quentin Alexander

a6ad8c48e41aa807cc0ad5ab5bd42563.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

Crisis - 22nd

psterina - 22nd

Bk1234 - 33rd

JC - 34th

miss denise - 35th

Quentin is certainly one of the most unique contestants Idol has ever had, both performance and looks wise. For the latter, he had this eclectic fashion style that I think only he could pull off. As for his physical appearance, his hair often looked unkempt, but I have to say it does not really look all that bad on him, IMO. With everything said, because he is physically not the most conventional contestant, it is understandable why he may not be popular with some people, and his second to last placement in this ranking is an example of that being true.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, Bk1234 said:

#33: Quentin Alexander

279D97F700000578-3041250-Rocking_out_Quentin_rocked_out_to_a_Lenny_Kravitz_song_for_his_f-a-47_1429165865663.jpg

Ok, so Quentin is the first one on the list where I just don’t see the appeal, or I see very little of it. I mean sure, he liked to show off his chest at times, but still, it was more of an aesthetic choice (see the photo above.) One thing I really like about Quentin is that he has such a cute face. I don’t know what it is, but I’m thinking it has to do with his teeth. 🤷‍♂️ Now that I think about it, maybe I should put him over my #32… Nah, I’m too lazy to PM @Crisis, plus I’ll probably just change my mind 3,000 more times afterward. 😅 

Part of the reason why Quentin is so low is because of his little spat with Harry Cowell Jr. (no, this is not a mistake.) I don’t really care because my relationship with that judge flat out ended after he decided to mess with Emily, but it’s important to check each contestant’s record (I really don’t care about his argument with Harry, but hey, it looks like I wrote a ton of stuff, so I’ll take what I can get.)

33. Lazaro Arbos

lazaro-arbos-top-9-american-idol-2013-photo-shoot.jpg?fit=480%252C360%26ssl=1&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

psterina - 16th

miss denise - 29th

Crisis - 31st

Bk1234 - 32nd

JC - 33rd

It is thought two of the biggest reasons Lazaro made it as far as he did in S12 are his sob story with his stutter and his looks. Since this topic is based primarily on looks, I’ll focus on that. Though I have Lazaro at #31, I can understand how his looks can appeal to some; to be honest, I thought he would rank higher because of it. There are some bald pictures of him, and I have to say I think he looks much better with hair. Though I thought he would place higher as mentioned earlier, I can’t say I’m really surprised at his overall ranking.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:06 PM, Bk1234 said:

#32: Lazaro Arbos

lazaro-arbos-6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Aah, here he is, one of the worst Idol finalists ever! Turns out Lazaro didn’t do too good in my best-looking finalists ranking either. Lazaro’s personality is so glaringly bad so we’re just going to jump to that segment (in case this gets weird and you have no clue what I’m talking about, I usually discuss the contestant’s physical appearance BEFORE their personality.) Lazaro’s name should just be changed to Lazyro because on the show he just gave off such a careless, unaware personality that drove me insane. He also reminds me way too much of that one group member who doesn’t do any of the work… 😒 Not to mention, he somehow was the last male standing, like what the heck, was he really THAT good-looking? (smooth segway into the next segment 😉)

I’m going to assume that Lazyro got as far as he did because of his story and his looks. I have never understood the appeal behind his looks, but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion (maybe it’s just because I can’t look past his laziness…) Anyway, LAZYro is at #32 because of his laziness (obviously) and because he isn’t even that good-looking (sorry, not sorry. 😜

32. Lee DeWyze

Lee.jpg?w=1200%26h=0%26zc=1%26s=0%26a=t%26q=89&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

psterina - 20th

Bk1234 - 22nd

Crisis - 30th

miss denise - 32nd

JC - 35th

Here we have Lee DeWyze. While Lee isn’t someone who would be a pretty boy, he has this boyish, kind of rugged handsomeness to him. I think he looks the best with a soul patch, goatee, or full beard. There are some pictures of him where he has a beard sans mustache, and while I think there are very few men who could pull that look off, Lee sadly isn’t one of them. With that said, the mini beard he has in the picture above doesn't look bad on him. In addition, I think Lee looks best when his hair isn’t all that long, kind of what he had during his time on Idol. Other than this, there isn’t much to say about Lee.

31. Anwar Robinson

1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

psterina - 8th

JC - 28th

Crisis - 32nd

miss denise - 34th

Bk1234 - 34th

Anwar is a contestant I planned on placing higher. However, after seeing pictures of him without his dreads and facial hair, it gave me no choice but to rank him lower. With that said, Anwar is not a bad-looking guy by any means; it’s just that he looks better with certain styles. I think the lack of facial hair is a bigger deal than the hair growing on his head; he would be much better off with something like a goatee or even a plain mustache. One thing he has going for him is that he appears to have a great sense of style. With that said, I understand why he didn’t place very high here.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bk1234 said:

#34: Anwar Robinson

a3f3a87e07f5daa8916ce2a80fc2cbb2.jpg

Yikes, the difference more hair makes...

I really don’t have much to say about Anwar, which is part of the reason why he is ranked so low. I haven’t watched a lot of Season 4, plus he just doesn’t stand out to me. Let’s give Anwar a pat on the back though, he just avoided the lowest spot on my ranking! 👏 The guy looked so good in dreads back in the day, so this sudden change must have shocked (and disappointed) a lot of people. Part of the issue with Anwar, is that his face isn’t handsome enough by itself, so he kind of suffered big time after the haircut… 😬 

Personality for Anwar is a big question mark for me, so I’ll just leave it up to the public to answer this question... 

Psychologists have found it difficult to define Anwar’s personality because... 

1. Psychologists are not smart enough to determine the boundaries of Anwar’s vocal range. 

2. Personality has a confusing definition, just like the appeal behind Anwar. 

3. The idea of cutting off dreads is a new concept in the field of psychology. 

4. I give up on this question, let’s move on to the next write-up.

035. Joshua Ledet

034. Quentin Alexander

033. Lazaro Arbos

032. Lee DeWyze

031. Anwar Robinson

The bottom five females in the next post...

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

The clues for the females...

35-31:

- Don’t wander low in the valley
- Exile car gas
- Last place male sang a song of hers
- Rock Star Supernova
- “The Dress”

35. Jennifer Hudson

th?id=OIP.m0jnECnPJFKgzD3m0OItygHaE5%26pid=Api&f=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

@Bk1234 - 16th

@miss denise - 29th

@Crisis - 33rd

@psterina - 33rd

@JC - 34th

At #35 is the only one of the S3 Three Divas to take part in this ranking. To be honest, I always thought LaToya was the prettiest of the three (I still think she is), but that doesn’t mean Jennifer is bad by any means. She’s certainly come a long way since her Idol days, especially in the fashion department. In addition, she’s lost a lot of weight, which looks really good on her. I have to say she looks the best with short hair, though she pulls off the long hair pretty well. Nonetheless, despite all I’ve written about her, she still finished low in my rankings and at the bottom here.

T-33. Ryan Starr

sir-about-photo-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

psterina - 13th

Crisis - 28th

JC - 31st

miss denise - 34th

Bk1234 - 35th

Ah yes, Ryan Starr, the Idol contestant who wore arguably the most revealing outfits. Admittedly, I looked forward to watching her every week during S1 just to see what she would (or some would argue wouldn’t 🤭) wear. She had/has a great body, so I don’t begrudge her. Looking back, she didn’t have exactly the prettiest face; however, that doesn’t mean she’s unattractive by any means. At the end of the day, I ended up ranking her pretty low because while I think she’s fairly attractive, I don’t think she quite measures up to the women I ranked ahead of her.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:31 AM, Bk1234 said:

#35: Ryan Starr

b24ea02b92ccf0b95cdb7ee95e1d7a07.jpg

I want to keep this one short and (not) sweet because this is my #35, and this is my last write-up! 😄 Ryan Starr is someone that relies WAY too much on showing skin. She doesn’t even look that pretty. Her face just makes cringe, plus, some of the outfits that she wore during Season 1 look like swimsuits you’d see some women wearing at the beach. In my opinion, Ryan is the complete opposite of “natural beauty,” and that is one of the reasons why she is at #35 for me. 

In terms of personality, Ryan isn’t getting any points because she’s a Season 1 contestant who isn’t Kelly, Justin, or Tamyra, and because I’m not feeling motivated to hunt for any. 😅 Overall, I believe that Ryan is the clear worst one out of the females, and deserves to have a low, if not the lowest, overall placement. 

T-33. Tristan McIntosh

6D5BCC4F-0562-DB79-7319DC2156274B5D.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

psterina - 15th

Crisis - 30th

miss denise - 31st

Bk1234 - 32nd

JC - 33rd

To be honest, Tristan is difficult to write about since she was a minor during her season and it just doesn’t feel right talking about her in this way despite her being of legal age now. Nonetheless, she was nominated, so here we are. In addition, it’s been difficult to find decent post-Idol pictures of her; however, I think I managed to find one. Tristan is a pretty girl don’t get me wrong, but there’s something I feel that is missing about her, which is why I didn’t rank her high. With that said, I think she looks best when her hair looks like it does in the picture posted, and I’ll end it there since I don’t have much else to say.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:27 AM, Bk1234 said:

#32: Tristan McIntosh

Tristan+McIntosh+Promo+pic+close+up+with+fence.jpg

This is where the contestants start to get bad... Here we are with Tristan McIntosh, and to be honest, what is there to really say? I guess she has a pretty face, but that will only give her a hot minute of my attention span! 😅 My issue with Tristan is that she looks ok, but she doesn’t really have a lot of new things that would warrant her some personality points. She comes across as dry and uninteresting for me, which in a ranking like this, is not a good thing! 

If I can remember correctly, I believe Tristan had a family member who was in the army. This would’ve been a great opportunity to search for some things that were worthy of personality points, but the issue is this story has become fairly common on Idol. Not to mention, I actually started to get a bit sick of hearing Tristan’s story because of how often the producers shoved it down our throats. Overall, I have Tristan McIntosh pretty low because she looks like a sweet girl, but that just isn’t enough anymore. 

32. JAX

Jax-selfie.jpg?w=1200%26h=0%26zc=1%26s=0%26a=t%26q=89&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

Bk1234 - 20th

psterina - 22nd

JC - 29th

miss denise - 30th

Crisis - 35th

To be honest, I don’t really see the appeal with JAX, which is why she ended up last in my personal ranking. For starters, I’m not really into blondes though I’ll acknowledge a pretty one when I see one, so admittedly there’s a little bias there. I won’t say JAX isn’t pretty; I just think she falls short compared to the women who are in this ranking. Some positive things I will say is that she has some really nice eyes and she makes the pop-rock image she's going for work for her. Still, she just doesn’t do it for me when it’s all said and done.

31. Alexis Grace

alexis_grace300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Score:

Rankings:

psterina - 10th

JC - 25th

Bk1234 - 27th

miss denise - 33rd

Crisis - 34th

Rounding out the bottom five is Alexis Grace. I’ve often seen her be addressed as Macaulay Culkin’s twin sister, and I have to say I can see the resemblance. She started off as this Plain Jane at her audition; however, she was advised by Kara to “dirty up” her image and as a result, she came back with pink streaks in her hair and edgier outfits. I think the new look suited her well. Another thing I will say is she looks really good with longer hair, though the short hair is also nice on her. With everything said, she’s still second to last in my rankings because I just think there are better women in this field.

035. Jennifer Hudson

033. Ryan Starr

033. Tristan McIntosh

032. JAX

031. Alexis Grace

That should do for the first set of each gender. I'll get to work on the next sets as soon as I can. I'll post clues for the upcoming sets in a later post.

Edited by Crisis

50 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Lazyro. :dead: 

Not surprised at JC's last place ranking of Lee either. :giggle: 

Ugh he is the worst.

No issues with this first set although surprised at Jennifer at 35th. I know I ranked her low, but usually she is popular among others.

• Like 1

Joshua Ledet- “Round of applause”

View my write-up. 🙂

Lazyro Arbos- “Nailed it!”

I think you misspelled his name in your post. Just replace the second “a” with a “y.” 😉 View my write-up for more details. 🙂

Lee DeWyze- “A true gentleman” 

I would have placed him higher (though clearly JC was not going to let that happen. 😅) He actually looked quite handsome on the show. However, now he has a very large beard, and he has unfortunately lost most, if not all, of his good lucks. 😔 He was never the true heartthrob of Season 9 anyway. Let’s remember the good old days with this picture... 🥰

AR-711149839.jpg&updated=201011132259&Ma

Anwar Robinson- “Nothing to dread” 

View my write-up and answer the psychology question. 📝😂 

Justin Guarini- “Nurse salt” 

I never understood why Justin was considered a heartthrob... I mean, I guess in a season with such slim pickings, the ladies had to go with someone! 😂 I agree that he looks better in short hair. He looks more clean and polished. 😃 

I’ll be doing the ladies later (I still have no guesses for their clues... 😂)

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

I’ll let someone else take a crack at the clues for the ladies... 

Jennifer Hudson- I didn’t really expect her to be very high, but she should definitely be higher than this! She looks absolutely gorgeous! 😍 She’s list a lot of wait since Idol, plus I feel that she’s one of the few people who can rock short and long hair! :clap: 

Ryan Starr- 🤮 View my write-up.

Tristan McIntosh- View my write-up. 

JAX- I originally had JAX much lower than #20, but after looking at a few pictures I bumped her up. Like you said @Crisis, she really owns that “pop rock” look. I really love the little “x” she has on her face too. 

Alexis Grace- Alexis is just average for me. Nothing too exciting about her... 😅 I put her lower. 

I totally went on looks, for these rankings. And I pretty much ranked them, for the way they looked, during their Idol run. So ...  Compared to the females, the  pictures you posted of these guys, are not the most flattering of pictures   :lmao: 

035. Joshua Ledet - He is talented, I was not really a fan, but, I do believe he is good lookng

034. Lazaro Arbos - If I would have gone on personality, he would be dead last, but ... I didn't. With that said ... Lazaro got where he did, due to his story & looks

033. Lee DeWyze - Lee wasn't a fave of mine, by any means, but he was good looking

032. Anwar Robinson - I didn't watch that season, but from the pics, that I saw of him, during his Idol run ... he was attractive

031. Justin Guarini - He was the heartthrob during that season. And ... it was definitely in part, due to his looks

Again .... I totally went by their looks. Not their age, their personality, or talent

035. Jennifer Hudson - Jennifer, definitely deserved to be on this list

033. Ryan Starr - Saw lots of attractive pics of her. Hence, my high ranking of her. I did not watch, that season. 

033. Tristan McIntosh -  She may be young, but honestly .... Tristan is beautiful

032. JAX - Even though JAX was polarizing to some ...  she is most definitely attractive looking

031. Alexis Grace - I always found Alexis to be, very attractive 

Will comment later on, but want to attempt some guesses now. :haha: 

- A true gentleman: Lee (by default because of my guesses to the next four clues)
- Nailed it!: Lazaro (I'm guessing from his reaction after that infamous group performance :dead: ) 
- Nothing to dread: Anwar (the only clue I had a correct guess for before the set was posted - obviously refers to his dreads)
- Nurse salt: Justin (Dr. Pepper commercial)
- Round of applause: Joshua (judges standing ovations)

- Don’t wander low in the valley: Tristan (is this referencing her singing Go Rest High on That Mountain? I can't come up with anything else)
- Exile car gas: Alexis (by default but don't know why lol)
- Last place male sang a song of hers: Jennifer (Joshua sang a song of hers)
- Rock Star Supernova: Ryan (she was on the show)
- “The Dress”: JAX (she wore that black/blue or white/gold dress)

• Thanks 1

@Bk1234 got the males right, and @miss denise got the females right! Now for the explanations:

Lee DeWyze: A true gentleman - as @Bk1234 mentioned, it's a reference to him singing Treat Her Like A Lady during his season

Lazaro Arbos: Nailed it! - referencing Lazaro's pose at the end of the infamous I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) group performance :dead:

Anwar Robinson: Nothing to dread - Anwar had dreadlocks during S4

Justin Guarini: Nurse Salt - the opposite of Dr. Pepper. Justin plays Lil Sweet in the Diet Dr. Pepper ads

Joshua Ledet: Round of applause - referencing the many standing ovations Joshua received during S11

Tristan McIntosh: Don't wander low in the valley - pretty much the opposite of Go Rest High on That Mountain, which is a song Tristan sang during her season

Alexis Grace: Exile Car Gas - exile car gas is an anagram of Alexis' first and last names

Jennifer Hudson: Last place male sang a song of hers - as @miss denise alluded to, Joshua sang You Pulled Me Through during the S11 semis, which happens to be a song of Jennifer's

Ryan Starr: Rock Star Supernova - There was a contestant on Rock Star: Supernova named Ryan Star. The differences are this Ryan was male and has only one 'r' in his last name

JAX: "The Dress" - referencing when JAX wore the infamous dress during one of her performances in S14

I'll reply to other posts and will try to have the clues for the next sets later this evening. I still have to do write-ups for them, so they won't posted until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, Crisis said:

I'll let you know what I think should I get around to it. :giggle: I'll wait until after the show tomorrow before I say anything just in case I pick up anything different.

I hope so. I'll struggle more with the guys because obviously I'm more attracted to females. :haha:

Honorable Mention: I know she's been through a lot over the years, so I wanted to keep it positive (I can't make the same promise for the others though I'll try). I'm glad to see she's appears to be healthy as well.

As for the clues, the challenge is not to use the same ones I did in my Contestants Thread. :dead: We'll see what happens.

Okay. :giggle: Okay, let me know if you have anything new to say! :shiftywave: I think I saw in the thread that you know who Seahorse is now too. 😮 

And the opposite applies to me. :haha:  

Understandable and I agree!

Ooh yes, that is a challenge for you! I think you can do it. 😛 

035. Joshua Ledet: I'm already speechless and don't know how to comment. :lmao:Aw yikes him being the only one to not rank above #25. Also interesting speculation from you regarding why he may not be the most attractive to the voters. :lmao: omg yikes @Bk1234's comments about bags under his eyes and creepy smile.  Although I do like how that write-up ended on a positive regarding his personality. Very nice.

034. Lazaro Arbos: Not really sure why I didn't rank him higher because he's not bad looking or anything... but I guess sometimes your feelings for a person can also affect how you view them physically (whether for good or for bad). I've never seen him without hair, so that's interesting.

033. Lee DeWyze: I don't have much to say either. :haha:  I don't want to say he (or anyone) is not attractive, but he doesn't do anything for me looks-wise.

032. Anwar Robinson: LOL your comments and having no choice to rank him lower. My mom was a bit of an Anwar fangirl, so I want to say she found him attractive, but not sure. I don't have much opinion, but yay me and @Bk1234 ranking him at the same spot. :haha: 

031. Justin Guarini: Ooh I didn't rank him too high, but I thought he'd rank higher than this. He was kind of viewed as a heartthrob back in the day, although I wasn't really attracted to him myself. :haha: Oh yes, you kind of said the same thing. I do agree he looks better with short hair. OMG Sideshow Bob. I don't watch The Simpsons to know who that is, but I Googled. :lmao: 

035. Jennifer Hudson: I kind of thought she'd rank higher than this, so a bit surprised she's last. I agree about LaToya being the prettiest of the three divas. Otherwise, I don't have much to say, but I do think Jennifer has gotten more beautiful over the years (not that she wasn't from the start). 

033. Ryan Starr: I suppose I agree with both you and @Bk1234 to an extent here. I think she was viewed as the hot girl of the season or one of them? She doesn't stand out to me as one of the prettiest girls from Idol. 

033. Tristan McIntosh: I think she's pretty, but also doesn't stand out for me.

032. JAX: I agree with the majority of your comments. 

031. Alexis Grace: omg Macaulay Culkin’s twin. I don't know if I heard that one. I agree the edgier look worked for her and I liked that. I do think she's a cute girl. I don't remember her with long hair. 😮 

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

@Bk1234 got the males right, and @miss denise got the females right! Now for the explanations:

Alexis Grace: Exile Car Gas - exile car gas is an anagram of Alexis' first and last names

Ryan Starr: Rock Star Supernova - There was a contestant on Rock Star: Supernova named Ryan Star. The differences are this Ryan was male and has only one 'r' in his last name

Hey, I got the guys right too. :giggle: But I know I wasn't the first to post though (even though I did still guess on my own :teeheebounce: ) 

LOL I would have never figured out this reason for the Alexis clue. :dead:  And lol oops to me on Ryan since it wasn't her but someone with the same name. :haha: 

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

Oh wow, I would have never guessed that! 🤣

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Although I do like how that write-up ended on a positive regarding his personality. Very nice.

You see, I’m nice (when I want to be... :giggle:

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I don't have much opinion, but yay me and @Bk1234 ranking him at the same spot. :haha: 

Oh yay, I didn’t even notice! :clap: 

14 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Joshua Ledet- “Round of applause”

View my write-up. 🙂

Lazyro Arbos- “Nailed it!”

I think you misspelled his name in your post. Just replace the second “a” with a “y.” 😉 View my write-up for more details. 🙂

Lee DeWyze- “A true gentleman” 

I would have placed him higher (though clearly JC was not going to let that happen. 😅) He actually looked quite handsome on the show. However, now he has a very large beard, and he has unfortunately lost most, if not all, of his good lucks. 😔 He was never the true heartthrob of Season 9 anyway. Let’s remember the good old days with this picture... 🥰

AR-711149839.jpg&updated=201011132259&Ma

Anwar Robinson- “Nothing to dread” 

View my write-up and answer the psychology question. 📝😂 

Justin Guarini- “Nurse salt” 

I never understood why Justin was considered a heartthrob... I mean, I guess in a season with such slim pickings, the ladies had to go with someone! 😂 I agree that he looks better in short hair. He looks more clean and polished. 😃 

Joshua Ledet - despite being last, the write-up wasn't all that bad, at least compared to some of the others. 😂 Agree about the personality and his friendship with Hollie.

Lazaro Arbos: Hey, I'm trying to be nice here. :haha: With that said, I can't say I disagree with the write-up despite it's harshness.

Lee DeWyze: Despite my ranking, I can see all of the points being made here.

Anwar Robinson: The write-up was hilarious. I think I'll pass on the psychology question, however. 😂

Justin Guarini: Pretty much agree with what was said here.

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I’ll let someone else take a crack at the clues for the ladies... 

Jennifer Hudson- I didn’t really expect her to be very high, but she should definitely be higher than this! She looks absolutely gorgeous! 😍 She’s list a lot of wait since Idol, plus I feel that she’s one of the few people who can rock short and long hair! :clap: 

Ryan Starr- 🤮View my write-up.

Tristan McIntosh- View my write-up. 

JAX- I originally had JAX much lower than #20, but after looking at a few pictures I bumped her up. Like you said @Crisis, she really owns that “pop rock” look. I really love the little “x” she has on her face too. 

Alexis Grace- Alexis is just average for me. Nothing too exciting about her... 😅 I put her lower. 

Jennifer Hudson: Fair enough. Though I ranked her low, I thought she would be higher.

Ryan Starr: Tell us how you really feel! 😂

Tristan McIntosh: Fair enough about her.

JAX: Fair enough.

Alexis Grace: Fair enough.

10 hours ago, psterina said:

I totally went on looks, for these rankings. And I pretty much ranked them, for the way they looked, during their Idol run. So ...  Compared to the females, the  pictures you posted of these guys, are not the most flattering of pictures   :lmao: 

035. Joshua Ledet - He is talented, I was not really a fan, but, I do believe he is good lookng

034. Lazaro Arbos - If I would have gone on personality, he would be dead last, but ... I didn't. With that said ... Lazaro got where he did, due to his story & looks

033. Lee DeWyze - Lee wasn't a fave of mine, by any means, but he was good looking

032. Anwar Robinson - I didn't watch that season, but from the pics, that I saw of him, during his Idol run ... he was attractive

031. Justin Guarini - He was the heartthrob during that season. And ... it was definitely in part, due to his looks

That's fine. I'm pretty sure all of us have different criteria when it comes to our rankings. I'm personally ranking them based on how they look both on and off Idol, whereas someone like @Bk1234 is ranking them based on a combination of looks and personality. It certainly makes things interesting. As for the pictures, I tried to find decent ones for everyone, so it's completely unintentional if the male ones aren't as flattering as the female ones. :haha: Speaking of which, if anyone has any contestant pictures they want to see, they can post them and I'll add them to their write-ups.

035. Fair enough

034. Pretty much in agreement here

033. Fair enough

032. He was fine while on Idol

031. Not much disagreement here

9 hours ago, psterina said:

Again .... I totally went by their looks. Not their age, their personality, or talent

035. Jennifer Hudson - Jennifer, definitely deserved to be on this list

033. Ryan Starr - Saw lots of attractive pics of her. Hence, my high ranking of her. I did not watch, that season. 

033. Tristan McIntosh -  She may be young, but honestly .... Tristan is beautiful

032. JAX - Even though JAX was polarizing to some ...  she is most definitely attractive looking

031. Alexis Grace - I always found Alexis to be, very attractive 

035. I won't disagree with this

033 (Ryan). Fair enough

033. Fair enough

032. Fair enough

031. This is good to see

To be continued in the next post...

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, miss denise said:

Okay. :giggle: Okay, let me know if you have anything new to say! :shiftywave: I think I saw in the thread that you know who Seahorse is now too. 😮 

Ooh yes, that is a challenge for you! I think you can do it. 😛 

035. Joshua Ledet: I'm already speechless and don't know how to comment. :lmao:Aw yikes him being the only one to not rank above #25. Also interesting speculation from you regarding why he may not be the most attractive to the voters. :lmao: omg yikes @Bk1234's comments about bags under his eyes and creepy smile.  Although I do like how that write-up ended on a positive regarding his personality. Very nice.

034. Lazaro Arbos: Not really sure why I didn't rank him higher because he's not bad looking or anything... but I guess sometimes your feelings for a person can also affect how you view them physically (whether for good or for bad). I've never seen him without hair, so that's interesting.

033. Lee DeWyze: I don't have much to say either. :haha:  I don't want to say he (or anyone) is not attractive, but he doesn't do anything for me looks-wise.

032. Anwar Robinson: LOL your comments and having no choice to rank him lower. My mom was a bit of an Anwar fangirl, so I want to say she found him attractive, but not sure. I don't have much opinion, but yay me and @Bk1234 ranking him at the same spot. :haha: 

031. Justin Guarini: Ooh I didn't rank him too high, but I thought he'd rank higher than this. He was kind of viewed as a heartthrob back in the day, although I wasn't really attracted to him myself. :haha: Oh yes, you kind of said the same thing. I do agree he looks better with short hair. OMG Sideshow Bob. I don't watch The Simpsons to know who that is, but I Googled. :lmao: 

035. Jennifer Hudson: I kind of thought she'd rank higher than this, so a bit surprised she's last. I agree about LaToya being the prettiest of the three divas. Otherwise, I don't have much to say, but I do think Jennifer has gotten more beautiful over the years (not that she wasn't from the start). 

033. Ryan Starr: I suppose I agree with both you and @Bk1234 to an extent here. I think she was viewed as the hot girl of the season or one of them? She doesn't stand out to me as one of the prettiest girls from Idol. 

033. Tristan McIntosh: I think she's pretty, but also doesn't stand out for me.

032. JAX: I agree with the majority of your comments. 

031. Alexis Grace: omg Macaulay Culkin’s twin. I don't know if I heard that one. I agree the edgier look worked for her and I liked that. I do think she's a cute girl. I don't remember her with long hair. 😮 

Hey, I got the guys right too. :giggle: But I know I wasn't the first to post though (even though I did still guess on my own :teeheebounce: ) 

LOL I would have never figured out this reason for the Alexis clue. :dead:  And lol oops to me on Ryan since it wasn't her but someone with the same name. :haha: 

I did read through the thread, and I have to say I enjoyed the fangirling and breakdown of the clues of Turtle and Astronaut. 😊 The reactions of neither of them winning was just 💔. It was also nice to see the two supporting one another, especially with Astronaut rooting for Turtle. After reading Chris' breakdown of her clues, I started leaning towards that person. Also, I was on a serious high because I got a double dose of Nicole with The Masked Singer and I Can See Your Voice this week. 😍 :dead:

Hopefully. Although there were some that were similar to the other thread, I think I manage to avoid some repeats. Hopefully this will be the case for the next set.

Males:

035. Yeah, I tried to come up with something to make my write-up more interesting. I also liked how that write-up ended on a positive note.

034. I pretty much agree here. With that said, I thought he would rank higher.

033. Fair enough

032. Unfortunately, some of his post-Idol pictures didn't portray him in the best light. Still, he isn't that bad by any means.

031. Pretty much agree here. Hope you were able to see the resemblance between the two. :haha:

Females:

035. Pretty much in agreement with everything said here.

033 (Ryan). I can't say I disagree.

033 (Tristan). pokemon ditto GIF 

032. Nice to see! 😆

031. The edgier look did look good on her. She grew her hair out post-Idol, though I'm not sure if it's long now. There are a few pictures of her with longer hair.

I know you got the guys right, but Bk1234 got them first. At least you got the females correct.

Apparently, no one did. :haha: To be honest, I wanted to do it with everyone in the first set; however, some didn't sound right and therefore, I decided to pick one that sounded the best. As for Ryan, the most important thing is it was guessed correctly. Speaking of Rock Star, I would love to see it come back although it's highly unlikely.

The clues for 30-26:

Males:

A rather jovial fellow
Man In Black
Too early for this noise
Wanted to show signs of being a good singer

Females:

Not a fast drive
Should’ve kept the old one
Stop and start
This one’s a scream!
Was locked down from love

Edited by Crisis

OK, I just had an epic fail. 😅 I miscalculated the average score of one of the male contestants and therefore, I had to change some of the placements. The change should be reflected in the post, and I'll make sure to update anything else that needs it. So far, everything else looks good; let's hope it stays that way. Sorry for any inconvenience. 😅

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1