Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

Celebrity Crush #4: Karen Gillan

karen-gillan-instyle-and-warner-bros-golden-globe-2019-after-party-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Karen-Gillan-Images-At-Award-Show.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Karen-Gillan-Full-HD-Pics.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 karen-gillan-ant-man-and-the-wasp-premiere-in-la-13.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I mentioned earlier I have a huge weakness for redheads, and I mentioned there was one who came to mind. This prompted @miss denise to name a few famous ones. While she named some good ones, they weren’t the one I was thinking of. Now, I’ll name that person and hopefully put her mind to rest. :giggle:  Karen Gillan is this tall beautiful Scottish woman who I became enamored with the moment I laid eyes on her. It appears she was a model before becoming an actress. Although she appeared to receive major recognition from her role as Amy Pond in Doctor Who, I first noticed her in the short-lived ABC/Hulu sitcom Selfie, in which she played the lead character Eliza Dooley, a narcissistic junior executive who was obsessed with social media. I’m not usually into shows like these and her character is usually the type of characters I don’t care for; however, I found myself watching it mainly because of her (and I liked looking at her :blushingwave:). With that said, she is perhaps best known for her roles as Nebula in MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) franchise and Ruby Roundhouse in the two Jumanji movies that came after the original. I especially liked her as Nebula; I thought she did a great job when it came to portraying the nuances and complexities of the character. I have yet to see the Jumanji movies; however, I have seen a few clips here and there and admittedly I’m interested in seeing the movies because of her outfit. Finally, I’ve watched a few interviews of hers, and I thought she came off as really charming and hilarious in each of them. It looks as if she has a few upcoming projects; needless to say I’ll be checking them out some time in the future. :yes: I'll end this write-up by posting a few videos of hers:

Karen Gillan

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, Crisis said:

@Bk1234

1200px-American_Idol_logo.svg.png

d0143799880b0cd343abdd1dfacb73a6.jpg

After ranking all of the S1-S17 American Idol finalists, the S18 group, and my favorite semifinalists, I realize I’m a glutton for punishment and decided to create another topic where I rank some other Idol related subjects 😅 

I'm SCREAMING! :dead: :dead: :dead: 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Crisis said:

I'll post it in the first post! :yes: :wub: :lmao:

It looks like it's been posted already. I'll read it and give my commentary later in the post. :yes: I'll see if I can post mine tonight. It looks like this will be #25 on this page, so I'll reserve the next post for it.

She was very consistent and versatile, not to mention adorable indeed. :yes: I love seeing something like that happen as well; it was the case for the original American Idol after all. :haha: Yeah. :( That's right, the new stage did debut during the S5 finale. It would've been fine for situations like those, sort of like how Idol used to have a different set for their finales. Having that stage every week doesn't work. It did appear to swallow the dancers.

Reveal hidden contents

So he appears! :giggle: Might as well get him out of the way, right? :haha: He was great on I Can See Your Voice last night. :yes:

I've heard of Dream Street, but I unfortunately can't say I'm familiar with their music. :( His solo career did seem to take off with Beautiful Soul. ❤️ at how big of a fan young Denise was, especially with thinking of him as her future husband. 😊 I don't think I saw the obsession with him during my lurking years on old IDF; however, I'm pretty sure it was something worth seeing. :giggle: 🤣 at the crossed out text.

Another one in which Denise gets to brag about meeting one of her biggest crushes in person. :/ ;) All kidding aside, it's too bad you didn't get to meet him the first time. It looks like you were fortunate the second time around, however. 😊 I'm sure it was a great experience, especially with him saying your name and all. 😊

So it appears as if you have one of those artists as well. :giggle: I do remember Summerland and may have watched an episode or two. I had no idea he was the voice of Theodore in Alvin and the Chipmunks. :shock:

He was great on The Masked Singer as Turtle, and I seriously thought he was going to win. Objectively, he was the most versatile one that season. He certainly would've made a worthy one. Too bad about forgetting to post the Hunter one; it can still be posted. ^_^

I'll check out his alter egos when I have time. I have no doubt they are as what they have been described as. :yes: Overall, it's another great write-up and it's easy to see how much you adore him and how special he is to you. ❤️

I know of the first three songs posted; however, I'm not familiar with the last three. I'll listen to them some time.

Unfortunately, you know what I've had to deal with regarding mine... 😐 😆

I was actually thinking of suggesting that. :haha:  And you really did it!! :dead:  I am dying at the thought of someone wandering into this thread and seeing that! :dead: 

Yes, thank you. ❤️ I feel a redhead coming on. 😮 

I agree! So true, and I feel Jeanine must have gotten some comparisons to Kelly for that. :haha:  They have a lot of similarities. Good point about the Idol finale stage and I wouldn't mind it for those occasions, but not every week. :/ 

Yes, no point in holding out on him. :haha:  Now we can get to some guys that might surprise you. :shiftywave: Glad you enjoyed him on ICSYV! ❤️  That's fair about Dream Street! Haha glad you like my young Denise comments. LOL if the board hadn't malfunctioned, I wouldn't mind digging up some old posts of mine to show you. :dead:  It was definitely a sight.  lol aww I don't mean to brag, but have to mention it :blushingwave: And I know I am very fortunate to have met most of my biggest crushes and loves. ❤️ Even if it did take forever and a lot of money. :haha:  That experience was not as elaborate as the previous ones I described, but it was still great to finally meet and hug him. :wub: 

Haha I don't know if Jesse takes as long as Sade, but there have definitely been some waiting periods. I'm shocked you might have watched Summerland! 😮 OMG yes and him doing that voice role was actually referenced on The Masked Singer with red, green, and blue tortilla chips and poker chips. :haha: I picked up on that instantly. And I adore Theodore... never though I'd fangirl a chipmunk but can't deny it. :giggle: :dead: 

I appreciate you compliments regarding his time on TMS. ❤️ I really wish he had won, but at least so many people acknowledge what he did on there. True, although for some reason my Hunter one has hardly any views, while the Jesse one seems to get traction every day. :haha: 

LOL I went a bit overboard posting all that but I couldn't help myself and it shows more of his fun side. :lmao: Thank you so much. :wub: :hug:  

I do. 😢  LOL it's like we're the children wanting approval from our parent about our lovers. :dead: Although more so you than me since BK has yet to approve any of yours, I think. :lmao:  

Karen Gillan: Yes, a redhead appears. :giggle: I have actually not heard of Karen Gillian before, but am curious to learn about her now. She is very pretty and wow, Scottish too! 😮 I wonder if you enjoy accents like I do. :haha: I don't know why the name Eliza Dooley sounds familiar to me, since I don't think I heard of the show before. I do know of Doctor Who, but never watched it.  Ooh wait, she's part of Marvel and was in Jumangi? 😮  Okay, I watched the first (newer) Jumanji, so then I definitely saw her in that. I can briefly think of her character. The only Marvel movies I've seen are Black Panther and Avengers: Endgame ( :dead: because my brother thought it would be funny to make my mom and I watch that when we visited him to see if we understood anything :dead: )  Ooh that's who she was in that movie. 😮 She was unrecognizable, of course. :haha:  LOL the outfit comment about Jumanji. I did enjoy the one I watched and may see the other at some point.  Oh, that first video is you posted was interesting, lol.  I enjoyed the interview segments and she did a good Britney impression. :haha: Ooh all the gingers in Scotland though. 😮 Looks like we know where you need to visit. :giggle: Ooh and looks like we have to get you a kilt too. :lmao: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

I do. 😢  LOL it's like we're the children wanting approval from our parent about our lovers. :dead: Although more so you than me since BK has yet to approve any of yours, I think. :lmao:  

@Bk1234 Do you approve of Crisis's latest choice or are we still on the look out for a perfect match? :giggle: 

20 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Celebrity Crush #4: Karen Gillan

karen-gillan-instyle-and-warner-bros-golden-globe-2019-after-party-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Karen-Gillan-Images-At-Award-Show.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Karen-Gillan-Full-HD-Pics.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 karen-gillan-ant-man-and-the-wasp-premiere-in-la-13.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I mentioned earlier I have a huge weakness for redheads, and I mentioned there was one who came to mind. This prompted @miss denise to name a few famous ones. While she named some good ones, they weren’t the one I was thinking of. Now, I’ll name that person and hopefully put her mind to rest. :giggle:  Karen Gillan is this tall beautiful Scottish woman who I became enamored with the moment I laid eyes on her. It appears she was a model before becoming an actress. Although she appeared to receive major recognition from her role as Amy Pond in Doctor Who, I first noticed her in the short-lived ABC/Hulu sitcom Selfie, in which she played the lead character Eliza Dooley, a narcissistic junior executive who was obsessed with social media. I’m not usually into shows like these and her character is usually the type of characters I don’t care for; however, I found myself watching it mainly because of her (and I liked looking at her :blushingwave:). With that said, she is perhaps best known for her roles as Nebula in MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) franchise and Ruby Roundhouse in the two Jumanji movies that came after the original. I especially liked her as Nebula; I thought she did a great job when it came to portraying the nuances and complexities of the character. I have yet to see the Jumanji movies; however, I have seen a few clips here and there and admittedly I’m interested in seeing the movies because of her outfit. Finally, I’ve watched a few interviews of hers, and I thought she came off as really charming and hilarious in each of them. It looks as if she has a few upcoming projects; needless to say I’ll be checking them out some time in the future. :yes: I'll end this write-up by posting a few videos of hers:

Karen Gillan

I have to admit, this is the best person yet! She has a pretty nice face and gives me adult Katie Stevens vibes, which is ALWAYS a good thing! 😊 Sometimes her face works to her disadvantage though, as shown by the first and fourth picture. 😅 While she wouldn’t be my #1 choice, I have a feeling this is the best we’re going to get... 😬

Edited by Bk1234
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

I'm SCREAMING! :dead: :dead: :dead: 

I knew you'd enjoy it! :giggle:

I was actually thinking of suggesting that. :haha:  And you really did it!! :dead:  I am dying at the thought of someone wandering into this thread and seeing that! :dead: 

I feel a redhead coming on. 😮 

I agree! So true, and I feel Jeanine must have gotten some comparisons to Kelly for that. :haha:  They have a lot of similarities. Good point about the Idol finale stage and I wouldn't mind it for those occasions, but not every week. :/ 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, no point in holding out on him. :haha:  Now we can get to some guys that might surprise you. :shiftywave: Glad you enjoyed him on ICSYV! ❤️  That's fair about Dream Street! Haha glad you like my young Denise comments. LOL if the board hadn't malfunctioned, I wouldn't mind digging up some old posts of mine to show you. :dead:  It was definitely a sight.  lol aww I don't mean to brag, but have to mention it :blushingwave: And I know I am very fortunate to have met most of my biggest crushes and loves. ❤️ Even if it did take forever and a lot of money. :haha:  That experience was not as elaborate as the previous ones I described, but it was still great to finally meet and hug him. :wub: 

Haha I don't know if Jesse takes as long as Sade, but there have definitely been some waiting periods. I'm shocked you might have watched Summerland! 😮 OMG yes and him doing that voice role was actually referenced on The Masked Singer with red, green, and blue tortilla chips and poker chips. :haha: I picked up on that instantly. And I adore Theodore... never though I'd fangirl a chipmunk but can't deny it. :giggle: :dead: 

I appreciate you compliments regarding his time on TMS. ❤️ I really wish he had won, but at least so many people acknowledge what he did on there. True, although for some reason my Hunter one has hardly any views, while the Jesse one seems to get traction every day. :haha: 

LOL I went a bit overboard posting all that but I couldn't help myself and it shows more of his fun side. :lmao: Thank you so much. :wub: :hug:  

:yes: I said I was going to do it, and I went and did it! :dead: I would expect something along the lines of :wacko::blink:, and 😮 at it! :rofl:

You would be correct in feeling that. :yes:

Pretty much agree with everything regarding Jeanine having similarities to Kelly and the Idol finale stage (at least in the FOX seasons, as they use the same stage in the ABC ones).

There may be some guys who surprise me? :shock: I am definitely looking forward to this. 😆 Another reason to dislike the old board malfunctioning. :/ :giggle: I would've loved to see some of the fangirling. :yes: I know, I was just having fun. I'm happy you were able to have so many of these experiences, even if it took a lot of money like this one did. Though it wasn't as elaborate as the Hunter Hayes one, at least you were able to still meet and hug him. :yes:

I'm pretty sure there has been; however, I don't think he's gone a decade without releasing anything. :/ :haha: I checked out an episode or two, mainly because of Lori Loughlin (talk about a fall from grace, yeesh 😕). It was? I guess I missed it. :haha: Happy to see he has you adoring Theodore. He's my favorite of the chipmunks but appears to be the most overlooked, at least compared to Alvin and Simon.

Though during the marathon I was happy to see that Night Angel won, I wouldn't have been mad if he won. At least people seem to acknowledge his time on there. :yes: Too bad about the Hunter one not having may views; however, it appears the Jesse one is pretty popular. 👍

It's perfectly fine. We all have our ways of showing our fandom. 😆 I listened to the last three videos posted and liked all of the songs. :yes:

Sorry. 💔 It does seem like that. :lmao: Yeah, and from the look of things, I may never get it... 😢 😂

Edited by Crisis

Reveal hidden contents

Karen Gillan: Yes, a redhead appears. :giggle: I have actually not heard of Karen Gillian before, but am curious to learn about her now. She is very pretty and wow, Scottish too! 😮 I wonder if you enjoy accents like I do. :haha: I don't know why the name Eliza Dooley sounds familiar to me, since I don't think I heard of the show before. I do know of Doctor Who, but never watched it.  Ooh wait, she's part of Marvel and was in Jumangi? 😮  Okay, I watched the first (newer) Jumanji, so then I definitely saw her in that. I can briefly think of her character. The only Marvel movies I've seen are Black Panther and Avengers: Endgame ( :dead: because my brother thought it would be funny to make my mom and I watch that when we visited him to see if we understood anything :dead: )  Ooh that's who she was in that movie. 😮 She was unrecognizable, of course. :haha:  LOL the outfit comment about Jumanji. I did enjoy the one I watched and may see the other at some point.  Oh, that first video is you posted was interesting, lol.  I enjoyed the interview segments and she did a good Britney impression. :haha: Ooh all the gingers in Scotland though. 😮 Looks like we know where you need to visit. :giggle: Ooh and looks like we have to get you a kilt too. :lmao: 

Yes, a redhead finally appears. :giggle: I hope you do learn more about her. I definitely agree about her being very pretty, and her being Scottish doesn't hurt. I do enjoy a good accent now and then; I definitely enjoy Karen's. The show was loosely based off of Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, in which the female lead character's name was Eliza Doolittle. That may explain why the name sounds familiar. It's the same for me regarding Doctor Who, though it appears she was pretty popular on the show. Yes, she was part of Marvel and Jumanji. I've seen all of the Marvel movies up to Avengers: Endgame except for maybe three, and as mentioned I haven't seen any of the Jumanji films. She was certainly unrecognizable in the Marvel movies; despite that, however, she was one of my favorite characters. I had to embrace my shallowness and mention the outfit. :giggle: The first video posted is one of my favorite scenes from Selfie. There was another one I wanted to post; however, the video wouldn't embed. :/ The interview sessions were fun, and her Britney impersonation was good indeed. :yes: I'm making travel arrangements for the UK as we speak. However, I'll have to think about the kilt, though it may be fun wearing one. :giggle:

52 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have to admit, this is the best person yet! She has a pretty nice face and gives me adult Katie Stevens vibes, which is ALWAYS a good thing! 😊 Sometimes her face works to her disadvantage though, as shown by the first and fourth picture. 😅 While she wouldn’t be my #1 choice, I have a feeling this is the best we’re going to get... 😬

I guess I'll take what I can get. :haha: She does kind of look like an older redhead Katie Stevens. Wait, what is that last sentence supposed to mean?! 😠 Is my taste that horrific?! 🥺 😢 I guess I can't please everybody. 🤷‍♂️ :haha: With that said, I eagerly wait for another one to be posted.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

I knew you'd enjoy it! :giggle:

:yes: I said I was going to do it, and I went and did it! :dead: I would expect something along the lines of :wacko::blink:, and 😮 at it! :rofl:

Pretty much agree with everything regarding Jeanine having similarities to Kelly and the Idol finale stage (at least in the FOX seasons, as they use the same stage in the ABC ones).

Reveal hidden contents

There may be some guys who surprise me? :shock: I am definitely looking forward to this. 😆 Another reason to dislike the old board malfunctioning. :/ :giggle: I would've loved to see some of the fangirling. :yes: I know, I was just having fun. I'm happy you were able to have so many of these experiences, even if it took a lot of money like this one did. Though it wasn't as elaborate as the Hunter Hayes one, at least you were able to still meet and hug him. :yes:

I'm pretty sure there has been; however, I don't think he's gone a decade without releasing anything. :/ :haha: I checked out an episode or two, mainly because of Lori Loughlin (talk about a fall from grace, yeesh 😕). It was? I guess I missed it. :haha: Happy to see he has you adoring Theodore. He's my favorite of the chipmunks but appears to be the most overlooked, at least compared to Alvin and Simon.

Though during the marathon I was happy to see that Night Angel won, I wouldn't have been mad if he won. At least people seem to acknowledge his time on there. :yes: Too bad about the Hunter one not having may views; however, it appears the Jesse one is pretty popular. 👍

It's perfectly fine. We all have our ways of showing our fandom. 😆 I listened to the last three videos posted and liked all of the songs. :yes:

Sorry. 💔 It does seem like that. :lmao: Yeah, and from the look of things, I may never get it... 😢 😂

Sure do. :dead: 

You did! LOL they would be sooo confused. :dead: 

Ugh, that reminds me I miss the old Idol stage too. :( 

I will abandon the spoiler tag after our first couple times commenting here to save us the annoyance. :giggle: I don't really think anyone I post would be a surprise based on what you know about me and them, but the first few were more obvious since we had talked about them. :haha:  Ugh, every reason to hate the malfunction. :broken: Thanks so much. :hug: Yeah, not quite 10 years, thankfully. :blushingwave:  Ooooo I see and ughh Aunt Becky. :broken: Haha yes, thank you! He's my favorite too. Apart from the voiceover, I just think Theodore is so precious adorable. :haha:  I never get my way on this show, lol. 😢 But yeah, I still see so many comments from people saying he was robbed, so that is at least good in a way. :broken: It does seem like that. :haha: Thanks. :giggle: Oh yayy, I'm so glad you do!! :wub: Thanks for taking the time to listen. ❤️ 

Nooo, I have faith you will win BK over with someone! Surely you can't be expected to grow old and alone. 😢 :dead: 

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, a redhead finally appears. :giggle: I hope you do learn more about her. I definitely agree about her being very pretty, and her being Scottish doesn't hurt. I do enjoy a good accent now and then; I definitely enjoy Karen's. The show was loosely based off of Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, in which the female lead character's name was Eliza Doolittle. That may explain why the name sounds familiar. It's the same for me regarding Doctor Who, though it appears she was pretty popular on the show. Yes, she was part of Marvel and Jumanji. I've seen all of the Marvel movies up to Avengers: Endgame except for maybe three, and as mentioned I haven't seen any of the Jumanji films. She was certainly unrecognizable in the Marvel movies; despite that, however, she was one of my favorite characters. I had to embrace my shallowness and mention the outfit. :giggle: The first video posted is one of my favorite scenes from Selfie. There was another one I wanted to post; however, the video wouldn't embed. :/ The interview sessions were fun, and her Britney impersonation was good indeed. :yes: I'm making travel arrangements for the UK as we speak. However, I'll have to think about the kilt, though it may be fun wearing one. :giggle:

But will she be the only redhead is what I want to know. 😮 Haha accents always up the attraction level for me. :giggle: Oh okay, maybe that is where I've heard the name from. Ooh you've seen most of Marvel, so you should be able to appreciate the awkwardness of us being forced to watch Endgame. :dead:  Well, we are in in the shallow pool a bit here. :giggle:I figured the first video was from that show. :haha: Oh, that's annoying about the embedding. :( lol your travel arrangements! If you find Karen or another redhead you like, I may have to gift you a complimentary kilt. :giggle: 

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have to admit, this is the best person yet! She has a pretty nice face and gives me adult Katie Stevens vibes, which is ALWAYS a good thing! 😊 

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

She does kind of look like an older redhead Katie Stevens. 

The funny thing is they are only five years apart in age. :giggle: 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Sure do. :dead: 

You did! LOL they would be sooo confused. :dead: 

Ugh, that reminds me I miss the old Idol stage too. :( 

I will abandon the spoiler tag after our first couple times commenting here to save us the annoyance. :giggle: I don't really think anyone I post would be a surprise based on what you know about me and them, but the first few were more obvious since we had talked about them. :haha:  Ugh, every reason to hate the malfunction. :broken: Thanks so much. :hug: Yeah, not quite 10 years, thankfully. :blushingwave:  Ooooo I see and ughh Aunt Becky. :broken: Haha yes, thank you! He's my favorite too. Apart from the voiceover, I just think Theodore is so precious adorable. :haha:  I never get my way on this show, lol. 😢 But yeah, I still see so many comments from people saying he was robbed, so that is at least good in a way. :broken: It does seem like that. :haha: Thanks. :giggle: Oh yayy, I'm so glad you do!! :wub: Thanks for taking the time to listen. ❤️ 

Nooo, I have faith you will win BK over with someone! Surely you can't be expected to grow old and alone. 😢 :dead: 

Reveal hidden contents

But will she be the only redhead is what I want to know. 😮 Haha accents always up the attraction level for me. :giggle: Oh okay, maybe that is where I've heard the name from. Ooh you've seen most of Marvel, so you should be able to appreciate the awkwardness of us being forced to watch Endgame. :dead:  Well, we are in in the shallow pool a bit here. :giggle:I figured the first video was from that show. :haha: Oh, that's annoying about the embedding. :( lol your travel arrangements! If you find Karen or another redhead you like, I may have to gift you a complimentary kilt. :giggle: 

😘 :haha:

They'd probably wonder what kind of madness is going on in this thread. :dead:

Yeah, though to be honest, I didn't care for the non-finale Idol stages post S12.

Thank you. :giggle: OK, fair enough, especially about the first three. I still am interested in seeing who may show up. I may have a surprise or two of my own. :giggle: Agreed about the malfunction. 💔 You're very welcome. 🤗 Thankfully indeed, though out of curiosity how long has it been since he released anything? That was certainly disappointing regarding her. 💔 It easy to see why he's thought of that way. :yes: It seems you've had better luck in Idol than TMS; maybe this season you'll get lucky. OK, I'm sure that helps though it's probably still disappointing he fell short. The songs were nice. You're welcome. ❤️

I've given up trying to win BK over. I may very well end up alone when I'm older. :( :lmao:

hip hop television GIF by WE tv

I can see how accents can up the attraction. OK, that makes sense. Yeah, I can get how it can be awkward for those who haven't followed the movies. That we are indeed, as long as we don't go too deep (at least here :giggle:). The video that wouldn't embed had one of my favorite scenes from the show. It was her character trying to seduce the lead male character in an elevator by taking off the jacket he lent her revealing she wasn't wearing anything underneath it. Of course, nothing was shown. It's on YouTube if interested. It appears that Karen is living in the states; however, I may get lucky and find someone. :haha: I would wear the kilt if it were a gift from you. :giggle:

55 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Reveal hidden contents

The funny thing is they are only five years apart in age. :giggle: 

* Looks it up * By golly, they are only five years apart. :haha:

49 minutes ago, miss denise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Bk1234 @Crisis :shiftywave: 

MGD2iLS.jpg

TOFl6uo.jpg 

Thats Nice GIF by AnimatedText

47 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder which one I prefer... 🤔

Surely the redhead, right? 😉 😂

Edited by Crisis
  • Haha 1

25. Siobhan Magnus - Through The Fire

Siobhan was someone I liked well enough during S9. However, outside of Across The Universe, I didn’t really enjoy any of her performances after Superstition. While there were some underwhelming performances from her, the worst of the worst was her Top 10 showing of the classic Chaka Khan ballad Through The Fire. It’s too bad because this is one of my favorite Chaka Khan songs, and I felt if anyone that season could do the song justice vocally, it was certainly Siobhan. For starters, the beginning verse was too low for her as she could barely be heard. Unfortunately, it only got worse when she got to the chorus. There were a couple of times she went really sharp. For the rest of the song her pitch was all over the place. She threw in a couple of screams; however, they only made everything worse. Needless to say this was not one of my favorite performances. In hindsight, I probably should have put this one in the first set. Nonetheless, I’ll post it now and furthermore, it’s still in my bottom five from the submitted performances.

24. Kris Allen - No Boundaries

Kris is someone who I liked but was not as big on as most Idol fans were. With that said, I rooted for him the most out of S8’s Top Three because I definitely preferred him to Danny and Adam. In addition, he had a few performances I liked. However, his version of No Boundaries does not happen to be one of them. First, it doesn’t help the song itself isn’t all that good (sorry not sorry). Second, it appeared as if Kris himself didn’t care for the song. In a way, it reminded me of Bo’s Corner In The Sky performance, as in the two appeared to be going through the motions and just wanted to get the song over with. 😆 Furthermore, it sounded like he messed up on the lyrics a few times (although it appears as if he intentionally did that, if so I can’t say I blame him 😆). With everything said, I think the song suited him better than Adam because Kris was better at selling songs which is what these coronation songs require. Despite that, it ranks pretty low as far as this list is concerned.

23. Chris Daughtry - What If

Chris is one of my favorite S5 contestants. I feel he is one of the Idol contestants who never really compromised who he was. Having said that, he did have a few underwhelming performances. One of them was his Top 10 performance What If. For starters, it’s a Creed song, and if anyone really paid attention in my other thread, they would notice I made a few references indicating I am not a fan of the band to put it lightly. :haha: Next, I think Chris tried way too hard to show he was a “real” rocker; it was as if he felt he had something to prove to everyone. Everything from the mean looking faces to the intense singing was like a parody of what some people may think a rocker is. 🤷‍♂️ There were times his vibrato was out of control, and the looks he was giving the camera when he repeated the "what ifs" seriously cracked me up. The sad thing is, it may have been one of the better performances that evening because Top 10 Night was one of S5’s weakest nights. Overall, I would say this was my third least favorite Chris performance.

22. David Cook - Innocent

David is one of my all-time favorite Idol contestants and is one of the all-time most beloved Idol contestants in general. I’ve hardly come across anyone who didn’t like him in some form or another (maybe a few die-hard Archie fans, not the ones here mind you). He was perhaps the most consistent contestant during S7; however, that doesn’t mean he didn’t have a poor performance or two. To me, his worst effort was Innocent during Idol Gives Back. Vocally, he jumped from place to place with him starting too low to making some serious leaps within the verse. The chorus wasn’t too good either; it felt as if he was trying to make up for his poor start. None of the transitions were smooth and therefore, the whole performance sounded disjointed. Finally, there was the ending with him showing his hand with “give back” written on it. I don’t doubt his heart was in the right place; however, that looked cheesy if I say so myself. As I mentioned, this was my least favorite David performance of the season; however, it was a minor blip on what was otherwise a strong and winning Idol run for him.

21. MacKenzie Bourg - Wild World

I have to say I wasn’t much of a MacKenzie fan during S15. He had a pleasant enough voice, but he was just someone I was meh about. As a result I didn’t care too much for his performances, and Wild World was no exception. In fact, I have to say I can’t remember too much about this one; fortunately, I re-watched all of the submitted performances. This performance epitomized my thoughts about MacKenzie in general: it wasn’t terrible, but there was nothing interesting about it either. There were no dynamics, feelings, or anything to give it any variety. In addition, he didn’t have much stage presence either despite starting the performance by walking through the crowd before going on stage. It was as if the performance was at the same level throughout the whole thing. With all of this said, I don’t think this was his worst performance, for he’s had some that were far worse than this. Nevertheless, I still believe it’s one of the weaker submissions of this ranking and therefore, I decided to place it in the lower portion of it.

25. Siobhan Magnus - Through The Fire

24. Kris Allen - No Boundaries

23. Chris Daughtry - What If

22. David Cook - Innocent

21. MacKenzie Bourg - Wild World

Remaining Performances:

Adam Lambert - (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Allison Iraheta - I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing

Ashley Hess - Sir Duke

Candice Glover - Ordinary People

Carrie Underwood - Love Is A Battlefield

Clay Aiken - Grease

David Archuleta - We Can Work It Out

Elise Testone - Let’s Stay Together

Elliott Yamin - Open Arms

Emily Piriz - Let’s Get Loud

Hollie Cavanagh - Flashdance...What A Feeling

Jessica Meuse - White Flag

Jessica Sanchez - I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing

Kelly Clarkson - I Surrender

Kelly Clarkson - It’s Raining Men

Kris Allen - What’s Going On

Lauren Alaina - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

Maddie Poppe - Going Going Gone

Pia Toscano - Where Do Broken Hearts Go

Syesha Mercado - Hit Me Up

• Like 1

25. Siobhan Magnus- Through the Fire Hmm, I wonder who submitted this one? 🤔:giggle:This performance highlighted all the things I DON’T like about Siobhan. Her voice was very shrieky and her frequent pitchiness certainly didn’t help. If there’s one good thing about this performance, it’s that I got to see Queen Kara again! 😄 I would have definitely put this performance below Dalton’s Radioactive. 🙃

24. Kris Allen- No Boundaries - Aah, my first nomination to show up! To be honest, I expected this to be in the first set, but guess who lucked out? Me. (I bet it’s because @Crisis was honoring Kara.) This performance has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. :giggle: It did feel like Kris was singing to get through the song and I can’t not mention the little lyric mess-up. 😬 It was pitchy in some spots, but I will say that I preferred Kris’ non-pitchy spots to Adam’s shrieky version of the song... 😅 Overall, I think the studio version of this song is great, but Kris’ performance was just not it... 

23. Chris Daughtry- What If This performance brought out something bad in Chris. His singing became very one-dimensional and like you mentioned, he gave off a mean, stereotypical rocker look. Overall, it was just a yelling fest and I couldn’t wait for it to end. ☹️ 

22. David Cook- Innocent Ah, this must have been one of the nights where Archie won. :giggle: This performance was a shouty mess and I absolutely agree, the transitions were terrible. I personally didn’t find the “Give Back” message cheesy, but I will admit that the camera was focused on it for WAY too long. 😅

21. MacKenzie Bourg- Wild World In terms of stage presence, I felt that this was one of MacKenzie’s weakest showings. He kind of just wobbled around the stage in an awkward manner. 😅 I will agree that this wasn’t the most dynamic performance, but I felt that some of his other performances were. 😊👍 I’m curious now, which performance do you think was his worst (please don’t say what I think you’re going to say... 🤞)? I think this was the best performance out of all the performances that have been ranked so far. 😁

2 of my submissions, show up, in this set.

25. Siobhan Magnus - Through The Fire  - Yup! Not my favorite performance, from my fav. Whenever someone goes pitchy, then  .... that's it.  With that said ... Crisis, since you like the song, itself, here is Siobhan's studio version, which is absolutely gorgeous. On a much higher level

24. Kris Allen - No Boundaries - I may have put this, a little higher. My problem with Chris, is that is was hard for me,  to watch him, with those faces, he made. I have the same problem with Philip Phillips. Anyway ... I don't think, that it is a bad performance

23. Chris Daughtry - What If - Yeah ... those faces ... eek, and pitchy. But .... I do like his rocker voice

22. David Cook - Innocent - This is my other submit, and the song itself, is meh. And, I feel it is his weakest performance

21. MacKenzie Bourg - Wild World - His voice, was a little weak, and while I like the song choice, the feeling, wasn't there. I would switch him & Dalton.

13 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

25. Siobhan Magnus- Through the Fire Hmm, I wonder who submitted this one? 🤔:giggle:This performance highlighted all the things I DON’T like about Siobhan. Her voice was very shrieky and her frequent pitchiness certainly didn’t help. If there’s one good thing about this performance, it’s that I got to see Queen Kara again! 😄 I would have definitely put this performance below Dalton’s Radioactive. 🙃

24. Kris Allen- No Boundaries - Aah, my first nomination to show up! To be honest, I expected this to be in the first set, but guess who lucked out? Me. (I bet it’s because @Crisis was honoring Kara.) This performance has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. :giggle: It did feel like Kris was singing to get through the song and I can’t not mention the little lyric mess-up. 😬 It was pitchy in some spots, but I will say that I preferred Kris’ non-pitchy spots to Adam’s shrieky version of the song... 😅 Overall, I think the studio version of this song is great, but Kris’ performance was just not it... 

23. Chris Daughtry- What If This performance brought out something bad in Chris. His singing became very one-dimensional and like you mentioned, he gave off a mean, stereotypical rocker look. Overall, it was just a yelling fest and I couldn’t wait for it to end. ☹️ 

22. David Cook- Innocent Ah, this must have been one of the nights where Archie won. :giggle: This performance was a shouty mess and I absolutely agree, the transitions were terrible. I personally didn’t find the “Give Back” message cheesy, but I will admit that the camera was focused on it for WAY too long. 😅

21. MacKenzie Bourg- Wild World In terms of stage presence, I felt that this was one of MacKenzie’s weakest showings. He kind of just wobbled around the stage in an awkward manner. 😅 I will agree that this wasn’t the most dynamic performance, but I felt that some of his other performances were. 😊👍 I’m curious now, which performance do you think was his worst (please don’t say what I think you’re going to say... 🤞)? I think this was the best performance out of all the performances that have been ranked so far. 😁

25. It looks like it'll be one of those unsolved mysteries! :giggle: All jokes aside, I pretty much agree with everything written about this performance. You being happy to see Kara doesn't surprise me in the slightest. :giggle: I probably should've switched this and Radioactive, but I'll leave it as it is.

24. Luck was going to run out sooner or later. :giggle: I guess one can say I was honoring Kara though it was completely unintentional. The lyric mess up was pretty obvious, though it appears he messed them up on purpose. Even then, I agree about preferring it to Adam's version.

23. I don't have much to say but agree with everything written here.

22. I guess you can say that. :giggle: I agree with your thoughts on the performance. The camera was focused way too long on the message which is probably why it came of as cheesy.

21. Again, pretty much agree on the performance. I Want You To Want Me was my least favorite of his, though I Wanna Dance With Somebody and Titanium are down there as well. Fair enough about thinking it was the best ranked thus far; I have it the highest of the ranked ones after all. :yes:

10 hours ago, psterina said:

2 of my submissions, show up, in this set.

25. Siobhan Magnus - Through The Fire  - Yup! Not my favorite performance, from my fav. Whenever someone goes pitchy, then  .... that's it.  With that said ... Crisis, since you like the song, itself, here is Siobhan's studio version, which is absolutely gorgeous. On a much higher level

24. Kris Allen - No Boundaries - I may have put this, a little higher. My problem with Chris, is that is was hard for me,  to watch him, with those faces, he made. I have the same problem with Philip Phillips. Anyway ... I don't think, that it is a bad performance

23. Chris Daughtry - What If - Yeah ... those faces ... eek, and pitchy. But .... I do like his rocker voice

22. David Cook - Innocent - This is my other submit, and the song itself, is meh. And, I feel it is his weakest performance

21. MacKenzie Bourg - Wild World - His voice, was a little weak, and while I like the song choice, the feeling, wasn't there. I would switch him & Dalton.

25. Yeah, pretty much my thoughts on the performance. I did listen to the studio version, and it was very nice. :yes:

24. Fair enough about the performance and the faces he made.

23. Pretty much agree with this.

22. Can't say I disagree with anything written here.

21. Pretty much agree. Fair enough about switching him and Dalton.

9 minutes ago, Crisis said:

21. Again, pretty much agree on the performance. I Want You To Want Me was my least favorite of his, though I Wanna Dance With Somebody and Titanium are down there as well. Fair enough about thinking it was the best ranked thus far; I have it the highest of the ranked ones after all. :yes:

I had a feeling you would mention those three. I thought he had a better stage presence in all three, plus I thought he did more interesting things vocally. 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, Crisis said:

They'd probably wonder what kind of madness is going on in this thread. :dead:

Yeah, though to be honest, I didn't care for the non-finale Idol stages post S12.

Thank you. :giggle: OK, fair enough, especially about the first three. I still am interested in seeing who may show up. I may have a surprise or two of my own. :giggle: Agreed about the malfunction. 💔 You're very welcome. 🤗 Thankfully indeed, though out of curiosity how long has it been since he released anything? That was certainly disappointing regarding her. 💔 It easy to see why he's thought of that way. :yes: It seems you've had better luck in Idol than TMS; maybe this season you'll get lucky. OK, I'm sure that helps though it's probably still disappointing he fell short. The songs were nice. You're welcome. ❤️

I've given up trying to win BK over. I may very well end up alone when I'm older. :( :lmao:

Reveal hidden contents

hip hop television GIF by WE tv

I can see how accents can up the attraction. OK, that makes sense. Yeah, I can get how it can be awkward for those who haven't followed the movies. That we are indeed, as long as we don't go too deep (at least here :giggle:). The video that wouldn't embed had one of my favorite scenes from the show. It was her character trying to seduce the lead male character in an elevator by taking off the jacket he lent her revealing she wasn't wearing anything underneath it. Of course, nothing was shown. It's on YouTube if interested. It appears that Karen is living in the states; however, I may get lucky and find someone. :haha: I would wear the kilt if it were a gift from you. :giggle:

Reveal hidden contents

* Looks it up * By golly, they are only five years apart. :haha:

You gotta love it. :wub: :lmao: 

Yeah, that is the stage I was referring to. :(  But I like it even less with the ABC seasons.

My pleasure. :giggle: I am interested in seeing your thoughts as well... and of course who else you post. :haha: Jesse actually released two singles earlier this year. One was to coincide with the finale of TMS. :yes: Before that his previous singles were from 2018, but before THAT it had been about four years. Aw, I'm sorry. :hug: Yeah, I do have better luck with Idol, but we'll see. Yeah. 😢 :hug: 

Noooo. I will not allow it. :no: You have my approval for whoever you want. :giggle: 

Seven hidden contents in your original post here. :dead: What a funny sight. 

I hope there will be more redheads since they're your favorite, but I know they're also hard to come by. So, I'll have to wait and see. :haha: Yep and I may post someone with an accent. :shiftywave:  lol I was clueless about all the previous movies, but at least knew some of the characters and their actors. My brother was surprised I was able to follow the storyline pretty well, despite missing a lot of references to the other movies. :haha:  Oh wow this scene you described! I was going to say.... maybe it was too inappropriate for IDF to want to embed. :giggle:  But makes sense nothing was shown, of course. Maybe I'll check it out. I'm sure you liked that scene. :lmao: Oh yes, well, at least you have options! Why thank you. :giggle: 

lol yes, I looked up their ages too because I was curious after the comment about her being an "older" Kate. :haha: 

I now owe you a fourth crush write-up and I decided who I will post next.... this guy is an actor and is also a sometimes redhead. :giggle: 

25. Siobhan Magnus - Through The Fire: I remember randomly kind of liking this one, even though I know it wasn't great. I think I just liked the song and her voice with that style of music. I really enjoyed the studio recording though, which was much better, of course.

24. Kris Allen - No Boundaries: I love everything Kris did, so it was super hard to have to submit a least favorite from him. :broken: Of course, this is not the one I submitted, although it probably is objectionably his weakest.... oops. I do love his voice on the song and I guess just prefer the song itself to the other one. I'll comment more on that when it shows up. Anyway, I didn't really get the feeling of Kris going through the motions, but LOL at the thought of him intentionally not saying some of the lyrics. :dead:  How sneaky that would be. But I do agree this suited him much better than Adam and he sold it. I listened to the recording of this a lot.

23. Chris Daughtry - What If: I think this is my only submission in this set. :haha: I was not a fan of this song choice. I think it was just too much for me and didn't showcase the variations of his voice that I love most. I did enjoy him on some of the more rockier songs, but yeah this one wasn't it. LOL you mentioning his looks to the camera and the repeated "what ifs." :dead: I can hear them in my head without watching. I clearly rewatched this many times even if I didn't love it. That was the case with me and this show those days. :haha: But curious which two performances of his you like less than this one?

22. David Cook - Innocent: This was one of my least favorites from him too, although watching it back now, I like it more than I remembered. I suppose it wasn't as inventive or powerful as some of his other performances, but I don't mind it. I think the first chorus was the weakest part for me, but it was otherwise decent. I didn't feel the ending was cheesy, but get why you would. :haha: 

21. MacKenzie Bourg - Wild World: Uh oh at your opening comments. BK will come for you and continue to reject your love interests for that. :giggle: Just kidding! This performance was fine for me, but I get that it didn't really go anywhere. I don't think it was bad, but I guess a bit of a nonevent? I liked it well enough, but it doesn't stand out as one of his better ones for me. "In addition, he didn’t have much stage presence either despite starting the performance by walking through the crowd before going on stage." Well then, maybe him not being on stage was why he didn't have any ~stage presence~. :giggle: Bad joke. I'm again curious which other ones of his you might rank lower?

13 hours ago, psterina said:

I'm glad you posted this! I mentioned it too, but I loved her recording of this. :yes: 

You gotta love it. :wub: :lmao: 

Yeah, that is the stage I was referring to. :(  But I like it even less with the ABC seasons.

My pleasure. :giggle: I am interested in seeing your thoughts as well... and of course who else you post. :haha: Jesse actually released two singles earlier this year. One was to coincide with the finale of TMS. :yes: Before that his previous singles were from 2018, but before THAT it had been about four years. Aw, I'm sorry. :hug: Yeah, I do have better luck with Idol, but we'll see. Yeah. 😢 :hug: 

Noooo. I will not allow it. :no: You have my approval for whoever you want. :giggle: 

Seven hidden contents in your original post here. :dead: What a funny sight. 

Reveal hidden contents

I hope there will be more redheads since they're your favorite, but I know they're also hard to come by. So, I'll have to wait and see. :haha: Yep and I may post someone with an accent. :shiftywave:  lol I was clueless about all the previous movies, but at least knew some of the characters and their actors. My brother was surprised I was able to follow the storyline pretty well, despite missing a lot of references to the other movies. :haha:  Oh wow this scene you described! I was going to say.... maybe it was too inappropriate for IDF to want to embed. :giggle:  But makes sense nothing was shown, of course. Maybe I'll check it out. I'm sure you liked that scene. :lmao: Oh yes, well, at least you have options! Why thank you. :giggle: 

Reveal hidden contents

lol yes, I looked up their ages too because I was curious after the comment about her being an "older" Kate. :haha: 

I now owe you a fourth crush write-up and I decided who I will post next.... this guy is an actor and is also a sometimes redhead. :giggle: 

25. Siobhan Magnus - Through The Fire: I remember randomly kind of liking this one, even though I know it wasn't great. I think I just liked the song and her voice with that style of music. I really enjoyed the studio recording though, which was much better, of course.

24. Kris Allen - No Boundaries: I love everything Kris did, so it was super hard to have to submit a least favorite from him. :broken: Of course, this is not the one I submitted, although it probably is objectionably his weakest.... oops. I do love his voice on the song and I guess just prefer the song itself to the other one. I'll comment more on that when it shows up. Anyway, I didn't really get the feeling of Kris going through the motions, but LOL at the thought of him intentionally not saying some of the lyrics. :dead:  How sneaky that would be. But I do agree this suited him much better than Adam and he sold it. I listened to the recording of this a lot.

23. Chris Daughtry - What If: I think this is my only submission in this set. :haha: I was not a fan of this song choice. I think it was just too much for me and didn't showcase the variations of his voice that I love most. I did enjoy him on some of the more rockier songs, but yeah this one wasn't it. LOL you mentioning his looks to the camera and the repeated "what ifs." :dead: I can hear them in my head without watching. I clearly rewatched this many times even if I didn't love it. That was the case with me and this show those days. :haha: But curious which two performances of his you like less than this one?

22. David Cook - Innocent: This was one of my least favorites from him too, although watching it back now, I like it more than I remembered. I suppose it wasn't as inventive or powerful as some of his other performances, but I don't mind it. I think the first chorus was the weakest part for me, but it was otherwise decent. I didn't feel the ending was cheesy, but get why you would. :haha: 

21. MacKenzie Bourg - Wild World: Uh oh at your opening comments. BK will come for you and continue to reject your love interests for that. :giggle: Just kidding! This performance was fine for me, but I get that it didn't really go anywhere. I don't think it was bad, but I guess a bit of a nonevent? I liked it well enough, but it doesn't stand out as one of his better ones for me. "In addition, he didn’t have much stage presence either despite starting the performance by walking through the crowd before going on stage." Well then, maybe him not being on stage was why he didn't have any ~stage presence~. :giggle: Bad joke. I'm again curious which other ones of his you might rank lower?

❤️

I completely understand the feeling. :( 

We'll see what's in store. I'm not sure when the next one will be posted. Oh, at least there was something this year. Yeah, definitely not ten years between releasing any music. :lmao: It's fine. :yes: You probably have better luck than I do as far as these shows are concerned. :haha: ❤️ ❤️

Thank you; at least someone approves of my choices. 😢 :giggle:

I didn't even realize how many hidden comments were in that post; the things we do to make everyone comfortable. :dead:

I don't know. They are hard to come by unfortunately (unless if one is in Scotland I suppose :giggle:). Someone with an accent; I am definitely curious to see who this is. :shiftywave: From the looks of it, that person may be posted next. Oh, I see about the movies. I guess it is easy enough to follow along with the storyline despite not seeing many of the movies. Being familiar with the characters and their actors/actresses certainly helps. :yes: Maybe it was too risque for IDF, which is why it wouldn't allow me to embed it. :dead: I guess you can say I liked it (too bad there's no whistling emoticon). 😇 :haha: That I would indeed. No problem. 😉

I'll just post the second response out in the open. I didn't realize she was that old (not that she's old old, mind you). For some reason I thought she was younger. :haha:

That you do. BK, on the other hand, owes us two now. :muwahaha: An actor who is sometimes a redhead? I'm coming up blank right now; this could be a lot of guys. I may have to do an Internet search... 🤔

25. Fair enough about this one. I agree the studio recording was much better than the live performance.

24. Fair enough about liking everything from him. I understand about everything else. It just felt that he was going through the motions for me, but we can all see something different despite looking at the same thing.

23. Understandable about the thoughts on this performance. This performance was too much. I can visualize the mean looks and the repeated what ifs without seeing them as well. :lmao: I get the point about rewatching something despite not enjoying it. To answer the question, the two performances are A Little Less Conversation and I Dare You in that order.

22. Agree that this performance wasn't as inventive or powerful as some of his other ones. I would say the first half of the verse was the weakest part for me; however, the chorus wasn't that great either. Fair enough about the ending.

21. Meh, I like who I like regardless of what any naysayers think (I know you were kidding; so am I). :giggle: Pretty much in agreement with your thoughts about the performance. Of course, him not being on stage at the beginning perfectly describes his lack of stage presence. :duh: To be fair, there wasn't much of that when he was on the stage. I mentioned the performances I would rank lower in my response to BK's comments. :yes:

Edited by Crisis