Songs you'd like to hear that have never been covered on "The Voice"

Gmm99

40 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Writer in the Dark - Lorde

(would work really well for a Julia Cooper/Cami Clune type of singer, but I think it’s way more distinct than the usual indie pop song....would be really interesting to hear in a performance imo)

Was thinking of this the other day! There's more opportunity to show range in that song than in something like Liability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Writer in the Dark - Lorde

(would work really well for a Julia Cooper/Cami Clune type of singer, but I think it’s way more distinct than the usual indie pop song....would be really interesting to hear in a performance imo)

While we're on Lorde, how about "Green Light?"  I think a pop girl could pull it off.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

It feels like a bus song. I think they could use the bg singers to overpower the contestant during the chorus.

Not if they did it with piano, bass, and limited percussion accompaniment.

Edited by Rodney

I know Water Under the Bridge was done by Tayler and Jules, but I'd love to see an un-montaged version of it. I love Adele, so it's always great to see her songs on TV, although they can be hard to cover. I personally prefer to see pop versions of her songs, but other versions are also exciting (eg: Katie, Rolling In the Deep).

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 7:20 PM, QueenCami said:

I know Water Under the Bridge was done by Tayler and Jules, but I'd love to see an un-montaged version of it. I love Adele, so it's always great to see her songs on TV, although they can be hard to cover.

Until that happens, Kelly Clarkson got you covered. She post this cover earlier this week lol 😂

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rodney said:

. . . She couldn't have done the whole song?

Kelly does a cover on every episode of her talk show so it's just easier and less time-consuming for her and her band to do a shortened version of the song instead of a full version of every single song that they cover. It's kinda the same reason why blind auditions on The Voice are shortened versions of the song. 😅

Edited by disney1024

On 3/19/2021 at 3:59 AM, FloorWax said:

Still, I think there are Lorde songs better fit for a singing competition.

Lara Dabbagh did it just fine in Australia's version.  Someone here in the States could do it just as well.

• istersay changed the title to Songs you'd like to hear that have Never been covered on "The Voice"
  • 1 month later...

I think a good rocker guy could pull "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects.  This season's Jordan, for one.

It's too bad that "Without You" by The Kid Laroi came out after seasons twelve and thirteen, because a good indie guy like Hunter could flip it or cover it flawlessly like Noah.

Writings on the Wall by Sam Smith

No Time to Die by Billie Eilish

Bird Set Free by Sia

I'll be There by Jess Glynne

A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz

Rainy Season by Hunter Hayes

City Dove by Tori Kelly

Keep Climbing by Delta Goodrem

Dime Store Cowgirl by Kacey Musgraves - This song is very well suited for Chevel Shepherd

Playing with Fire by Thomas Rhett and Danielle Bradbery

Mercy by Brett Young

Three by Lauren Alaina - If this was given to Taryn, she would have slayed this song, tbh.

The Heart of Dixie by Danielle Bradbery

My Immortal by Evanescence - This would have been perfect for Chloe MK but she replied to me in a tweet that she's not the same kind of rock artist as Amy Lee.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

I think a good rocker guy could pull "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects.  This season's Jordan, for one.

It's too bad that "Without You" by The Kid Laroi came out after seasons twelve and thirteen, because a good indie guy like Hunter could flip it or cover it flawlessly like Noah.

This was already performed by Joe Kirkland in Season 3.

A good singer songwriter type of artist could probably take on "In My Life" by The Beatles.  Owen Danoff and Thunderstorm come to mind. I'd like to see someone give it a try.

Edit: I think Joshua Davis already did it, but while I liked the guy, that version did nothing for me, honestly.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

This was already performed by Joe Kirkland in Season 3.

What?  You serious?!  I listen to my radio a lot, and I only just started hearing it a few months ago, so I figured it was a newer song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

What?  You serious?!  I listen to my radio a lot, and I only just started hearing it a few months ago, so I figured it was a newer song.

I’m 23 and I definitely remember hearing “Gives You Hell” on the bus to school around 2006, so it’s at least that old.

The only a type of artist it would fit would be a male pop-rock type, and we haven’t had one of those on the show in a bit. Anyone else trying it would make me assume they’re getting bussed worse than Todd Michael Hall in Season 18.

• Like 2

• Gmm99 changed the title to Songs you'd like to hear that have never been covered on "The Voice"