🎵 🎶 Sid Kingsley Fan Thread! 🎶 🎵

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

From what I've read in previous team interviews, his playoffs coach is somewhat laid-back about song selection so I'm not too worried as long as he doesn't try to give Sid "Lips of An Angel" (which shouldn't happen given Sid's not competing for a lane with another artist on his team).

If we're looking for more "modern" sax solo stuff, I'm seconding In Your Eyes - The Weeknd is notoriously tricky to sing, on one hand, but on the other he's a Tenor 1 like Sid and we know that he's got at least a few songs that've gotten through the rights clearing process already so what's one more?

(Careless Whisper would be dope, though, but messing up/messing with George Michael's songs is a lot more likely to piss people off)

It's gonna be interesting to see what direction he'll take under his playoffs coach. He seems really appreciative and serious of Sid during his pitch in the blinds, which is unusual since he's been clowning around that whole episode. Actually, they were all pretty serious talking to Sid, up until Sid's mom showed up LOL.

• Like 1
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey y’all. Thank y’all so much for all the support. I’ve enjoyed reading the forums since being in blinds. I will definitely record “make it rain” for y’all once I’m allowed to. Again thank you all fo

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHHINCzlOWU/ A chill interview that Sid did on IGTV.    Some things of note: - he was stuck in LA for three months while filming the pretaped rounds. To

King(sley)! Sad your journey ended tonight but glad to see you've gathered a nice fanbase here! Looking forward to whatever you've got coming next! 🙂 (and apologies to all the contestants fo

Sid just sold out his stock of pressed vinyl records of his debut album! 

And now that I mentioned it, feel free to stream Sid's debut album on Spotify!

• Like 3
On 10/22/2020 at 8:06 AM, Teraginn said:

The last time I remember a saxophone being played on The Voice stage is on the Voice of Holland years ago, and the song was Let's Stay Together. That might work with a different arrangement for Sid.

Is that Candy Dulfer on sax?

Edited by Earl
22 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Sid just sold out his stock of pressed vinyl records of his debut album! 

And now that I mentioned it, feel free to stream Sid's debut album on Spotify!

Have to check it out

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Earl said:

Is that Candy Dulfer on sax?

That was her indeed.

But Sid doesn't need a celebrity saxophonist to accompany him, he can do that himself. ;)

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, AmyNicole said:

Have to check it out

Yes please! It's a great album, very jazzy but folksy at the same time. My recommendations: Duncan, Moonshiner, Sam Stone and Rat on a Wheel. 👍

So according to a statement made by a viewer of Sid's KO (thanks @Misirlou for asking!), Sid was great in his KO, although he/she felt "like [he] always start off on 100% and rarely turn it down." Considering he was against a powerhouse diva and was a steal, I don't think he can't afford to not go 100% on his KO, especially with a monster of a song like Make it Rain. Either way, very excited to see this faceoff soon!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Reveal hidden contents

So according to a statement made by a viewer of Sid's KO (thanks @Misirlou for asking!), Sid was great in his KO, although he/she felt "like [he] always start off on 100% and rarely turn it down." Considering he was against a powerhouse diva and was a steal, I don't think he can't afford to not go 100% on his KO, especially with a monster of a song like Make it Rain. Either way, very excited to see this faceoff soon!

Thinking about it that way, it does make more sense that he would go all out, but I would also love to see a perfomance from Sid with a little more of a crescendo. Him being 100% from start until the end was my the one gripe I had with his amazing blind.

Edit: nvm i don't know what caused me to think that. i rewatched his blind and the pacing was way better than i remembered. 

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thinking about it that way, it does make more sense that he would go all out, but I would also love to see a perfomance from Sid with a little more of a crescendo. Him being 100% from start until the end was my the one gripe I had with his amazing blind.

Edit: nvm i don't know what caused me to think that. i rewatched his blind and the pacing was way better than i remembered. 

Really? That's interesting because while he definitely started out strong, I think he showed some subtle quiet moments in the second verse of his blind audition. I agree though, I would love to see him do something more subdued but impactful. Maybe not in the Playoffs though, he needs to make an impression there.

8 hours ago, David68 said:

sidsiggy2.jpg.bd11eadadcf2ee62dcfd1df25dShouts to ister

Queen @istersayalways delivers on the signature front! 

OT, but how do y'all make your signatures visible? I can't see mine or anyone else's sigs ever since the new website overhaul.

13 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

OT, but how do y'all make your signatures visible? I can't see mine or anyone else's sigs ever since the new website overhaul.

Yeah, IDK. I see everybody's, including yours. Put it in the Questions subforum.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Queen @istersayalways delivers on the signature front! 

Ever since I got an account I never saw people's signatures ever again. I remembering seeing them when I was still lurking, but now I don't see any at all. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Queen @istersay always delivers on the signature front!

but how do y'all make your signatures visible? I can't see mine or anyone else's sigs ever since the new website overhaul.

Maybe it's because you accidently pressed the hide all signature icon.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

13 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

And where can I find this icon you speak of?

Look at my signature, on the top right corner you'll see just a littlle icon which is like the multiplication sign. If you touch that they ask you to whether hide the signature of that particular person or hide all signatures(you can't see it in your own signature only in others signatures). And if you had hidden all signatures then you should go to your account settings and then into signatures. There you will see an option about viewing all signatures you just have to turn it on.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Thank you so much for the sig help @Zainab Tufail!

In celebration, I updated my sig now after a long while! Welcome Sid to my pantheon of snowflakes! ❤️

Nice signature btw.  :peace:

EDIT: I know it's kinda off-topic but Josh and Sid are looking very handsome. :wub:

Edited by Zainab Tufail
6 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Nice signature btw.  :peace:

EDIT: I know it's kinda off-topic but Josh and Sid are looking very handsome. :wub:

Thank you! I am an old fuddy-duddy so I made it from MS Paint, LOL. 

• Like 1