🎡 🎢 Sid Kingsley Fan Thread! 🎢 🎡

Teraginn

Almost forgot to post this one!

Β 

6Cur2gKl.jpg

Β 

I didn't watch the full episode, so I didn't know he had to take a train cross-country just to get to LA for blinds because he hates planes. He better get ready for another long journey soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Ya know, up until last night I was kind of surprised by his battle partner + song choice, but it makes way more sense now - it's unexpected but he's got the soulfulness that the best-known version of the song has associated with it, even if genre-wise it's out of his immediate wheelhouse.

Β 

Oh, I definitely think that song was chosen with him in mind. I hope his opponent justified her victory though, coz this seems like a slam dunk for Sid.

• Like 1

So I've been mulling over what song choices Sid could nail in his future performances, and here are my thoughts:

Β 

- The positive reception from his KO performance tells me he does well when he gets to go wild and loose. If he wants any chance of getting a PV on Team Blake, he needs to do just that, or even better. To that end, I think he would do well singing a bluesy version ofΒ It's A Man's Man's Man's Man's World.Β Yes, I know it's an overdone song, but I think enough time has already passed between the last time the song was performed and today (Brooke Simpson was the last, IIRC?). And besides, I can't recall a time when this song did not become a moment for the singer/s who sang it, and I think Sid will be no exception.

- If he wants a slower song where he can show more grit and attitude, I think he can also nail House of the Rising Sun.Β Yes, I know it's another chestnut of a song, but in such a shortened format of a season, where every performance counts, I think it doesn't hurt to go with a tried-and-true classic.

Β 

- This will probably never happen, but for some reason I can see Sid nailing Joshua Ledet's version of No More Drama. I just feel like Sid has some hidden wildness inside him that can burst open with the right song, and this can be the song to do that. Maybe not as wild as Joshua did it, but close enough. A guy can dream, right?Β 

What about y'all? Do you have any ideas for song choices for Sid? Feel free to comment!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

So I've been mulling over what song choices Sid could nail in his future performances, and here are my thoughts:

Β 

- The positive reception from his KO performance tells me he does well when he gets to go wild and loose. If he wants any chance of getting a PV on Team Blake, he needs to do just that, or even better. To that end, I think he would do well singing a bluesy version ofΒ It's A Man's Man's Man's Man's World.Β Yes, I know it's an overdone song, but I think enough time has already passed between the last time the song was performed and today (Brooke Simpson was the last, IIRC?). And besides, I can't recall a time when this song did not become a moment for the singer/s who sang it, and I think Sid will be no exception.

- If he wants a slower song where he can show more grit and attitude, I think he can also nail House of the Rising Sun.Β Yes, I know it's another chestnut of a song, but in such a shortened format of a season, where every performance counts, I think it doesn't hurt to go with a tried-and-true classic.

Β 

- This will probably never happen, but for some reason I can see Sid nailing Joshua Ledet's version of No More Drama. I just feel like Sid has some hidden wildness inside him that can burst open with the right song, and this can be the song to do that. Maybe not as wild as Joshua did it, but close enough. A guy can dream, right?Β 

What about y'all? Do you have any ideas for song choices for Sid? Feel free to comment!

I would love to see his take on It's A Man's Man's Man's World and House Of The Rising Sun. I would also like to add Give You Blue I really want him to perform that song live on the voice. I know you posted it at the start of this thread but just for reminder.

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Mike Jerel was the last one and he was just last season.

Β 

Personally, I don't know enough about his genre to think of songs I would like to hear him sing. I'm just a fan of his voice and want him to nail everything he sings.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

Β 

I'm trying to think of a song that has a saxophone in it. So here are some of my options

Baker Street

Careless Whisper

I'm trying to think of other sax solo songs that also showcase his voice. Any other ideas?

51 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I would love to see his take on It's A Man's Man's Man's World and House Of The Rising Sun. I would also like to add Give You Blue I really want him to perform that song live on the voice. I know you posted it at the start of this thread but just for reminder.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Definitely a more modern song choice would be appreciated! I hope it isn't too current for the current Voice demographic though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

Mike Jerel was the last one and he was just last season.

Β 

Personally, I don't know enough about his genre to think of songs I would like to hear him sing. I'm just a fan of his voice and want him to nail everything he sings.

Β 

Oh dangit! I forgot about that. Well, The Voice isn't above using songs in consecutive seasons, so it's still a possible song choice! LOL

Β 

Β 

46 minutes ago, AmyNicole said:

I'm trying to think of a song that has a saxophone in it. So here are some of my options

Baker Street

Careless Whisper

I'm trying to think of other sax solo songs that also showcase his voice. Any other ideas?

Β 

The last time I remember a saxophone being played on The Voice stage is on the Voice of Holland years ago, and the song was Let's Stay Together. That might work with a different arrangement for Sid.
Β 

Β 

Edited by Teraginn

35 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

The last time I remember a saxophone being played on The Voice stage is on the Voice of Holland years ago, and the song was Let's Stay Together. That might work with a different arrangement for Sid.
Β 

Β 

That would be good. I could see Sid doing a sax solo with this song.

3 hours ago, AmyNicole said:

Baker Street

Careless Whisper

If they want to go more modern, he could do In Your Eyes by The Weeknd

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Same here. I do love the songs he picked for his blind and knockoutΒ so hopefully his coach lets him pick his own songs.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, B-B said:

If they want to go more modern, he could do In Your Eyes by The Weeknd

He could do that and play the sax solo during the middle.

Will probably ask him this week.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Same here. I do love the songs he picked for his blind and knockoutΒ so hopefully his coach lets him pick his own songs.

From what I've read in previous team interviews, his playoffs coach is somewhat laid-back about song selection so I'm not too worried as long as he doesn't try to give Sid "Lips of An Angel" (which shouldn't happen given Sid's not competing forΒ a lane with another artist on his team).

Β 

If we're looking for more "modern" sax solo stuff, I'm seconding In Your Eyes - The Weeknd is notoriously tricky to sing, on one hand, but on the other he's a Tenor 1 like Sid and we know that he's got at least a few songs that've gotten through the rights clearing process already so what's one more?

Β 

(Careless Whisper would be dope, though, but messing up/messing with George Michael's songsΒ is a lot more likely to piss people off)

• Like 1