Jump to content
idolforums.com
Teraginn

🎵 🎶 Sid Kingsley Fan Thread! 🎶 🎵

Recommended Posts

So here are my thoughts on the results:

 

 

 


Kelly definitely has a track record of bringing her steals deep in the game. Kaleb Lee is the best example, and she did take Rod Stokes and Max Boyle as part of her lives team in their respective seasons. And it also helps that Sid and Tanner Gomes are the only males in a team full of pop-leaning women, so he's bound to stand out. Kelly does have a tendency to pick her early favorites from what we've seen, so we can only hope that she takes a shine to Sid in the coaching sessions ahead, especially since she was the only one to not turn for him in the blinds. But then again, she also didn't turn for Rod Stokes. And Kelly did pick Sid as the winner for his battle. We'll see soon.
 

 

Edited by Teraginn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

So here are my thoughts on the results:

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


Kelly definitely has a track record of bringing her steals deep in the game. Kaleb Lee is the best example, and she did take Rod Stokes and Max Boyle as part of her lives team in their respective seasons. And it also helps that he and Tanner Gomes are the only males in a team full of pop-leaning women, so he's bound to stand out. Kelly does have a tendency to pick her early favorites from what we've seen, so we can only hope that she takes a shine to Sid in the coaching sessions ahead, especially since she was the only one to not turn for him in the blinds. But then again, she also didn't turn for Rod Stokes. And Kelly did pick Sid as the winner for his battle. We'll see soon.
 

 

 

I think he'll do great with her

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

Add me pls

I think Sid could be in the finale

 

Added! And I hope so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went and asked for opinions on Sid's battle on the spoiler thread and the response was.... pretty tepid. Seems like people think they sounded OK but the performance didn't showcase Sid in the best light. I'm inclined to think it was the song choice, but then again, Sid's voice is a bit of an acquired taste,, and not really for everyone. I can't wait to judge the performance for myself though! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Teraginn said:

but then again, Sid's voice is a bit of an acquired taste,, and not really for everyone. 

You're right and also you know better than me that people on IDF don't like his or Jim's type of voices much so I think what they all were saying is purely based in their personal opinion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You're right and also you know better than me that people on IDF don't like his or Jim's type of voices much so I think what they all were saying is purely based in their personal opinion 

 

Yeah. I asked for their OPINIONS on his battle, and that's exactly what I got. Doesn't mean that we're not going to enjoy the battle, or that he didn't deserve Kelly's steal. Don't take IDF's collective judgements too seriously. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's what Someone648's sources have to say about Sid's battle. 

 



Taping One:

Bailey Rae vs. Sid Kingsley

-Sid was more interesting, but the source preferred BAiley

-surprised Bailey won

-Sid was more solid

-Bailey started pitchy, Sid "tried too hard"

 

Again, this is just subjective feedback. It seems that Sid's style is polarizing to the sources, which I totally get. He has a very particular quality to his voice that's not for everyone. Personally, I really like it. And Kelly and Blake seems to agree at least. Can't wait to judge for myself. 

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

So here's what Someone648's sources have to say about Sid's battle. 

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


Taping One:

Bailey Rae vs. Sid Kingsley

-Sid was more interesting, but the source preferred BAiley

-surprised Bailey won

-Sid was more solid

-Bailey started pitchy, Sid "tried too hard"
 

 

 

 

Again, this is just subjective feedback. It seems that Sid's style is polarizing to the sources, which I totally get. He has a very particular quality to his voice that's not for everyone. Personally, I really like it. And Kelly and Blake seems to agree at least. Can't wait to judge for myself. 

What I take from here is that even with a questionable song choice, Sid won his battle to almost every source. So that gives me hope to see what he can do in the KOs hopefully with a song in his comfort  zone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 1:52 AM, Misirlou said:

What I take from here is that even with a questionable song choice, Sid won his battle to almost every source. So that gives me hope to see what he can do in the KOs hopefully with a song in his comfort  zone.

I am definitely excited to see how his KO goes! I think it’s interesting that people are not sure what to think about his voice because it IS unique.and the cool thing is that it is his own. It’s also nice to hear someone sing multi genre songs on here and not just be type-casted into a single genre of music. I think we will see him in the finals! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, Misirlou said:

What I take from here is that even with a questionable song choice, Sid won his battle to almost every source. So that gives me hope to see what he can do in the KOs hopefully with a song in his comfort  zone.

 

That's a very good way to look at it for sure! As for possible song choices, I think Sid needs to do something more slow and emotional, like putting on

a twist on an Elton John song, with him on the keys. I saw an FB Live of him doing Border Song, and I think that would work well for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indiegrl17 said:

I am definitely excited to see how his KO goes! I think it’s interesting that people are not sure what to think about his voice because it IS unique.and the cool thing is that it is his own. It’s also nice to hear someone sing multi genre songs on here and not just be type-casted into a single genre of music. I think we will see him in the finals! 

 

He definitely has an eclectic taste in music, based on his various covers on YouTube. But the one constant across those videos is that jazzy, bluesy tone of his. I truly think it's time for an artist like him to go all the way on this show again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

 

He definitely has an eclectic taste in music, based on his various covers on YouTube. But the one constant across those videos is that jazzy, bluesy tone of his. I truly think it's time for an artist like him to go all the way on this show again.

My dream scenario, Sid wins his KO then Kelly will have DeSz, Sid, Kelsie watts as her front-runners then Sid wins the PV( which I think he can with the right song choice cz the main voters and minivan likes country and his type of voices very much) and then become the front-runner of TK then get voted through the finale and either win or be in top three.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

IVhm0lE.jpg

 

Y'all be the judge.... Could this artist be Sid?

I can't judge well he looks like a white male but I am not sure if he is Sid or not. The more I zoom the more it blurs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WE HAVE SPOILERS!

 



Our sources told us that Sid was in the second knockout to perform overall. He faced DeSz, who sang Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell, and Sid sang Make it Rain by Foy Vance. He sang while playing the keyboard, and he managed to make John, Kelly and Blake give him a standing ovation. Coaches were very complimentary of him, although they noted Kelly is probably leaning DeSz's way in her decision. John said it was his best performance, Blake said he was a big surprise for him today, and Kelly said he and DeSz are two of her favorite artists that she ever worked with on the show. Unfortunately she picked DeSz, but John and Blake both swooped in to steal Sid! After almost half an hour of pitching, Sid decided to go with Blake!

I don't know how to feel about Sid being on Blake. On one hand, John's team is stacked with talent that I think TPTB would want to promote more over him, so he'll have a better chance at making it on Team Blake, but Blake already has two artists that I think he's more invested in than him. Then again, Blake has a history of taking KO steals over his own artists, so hopefully with a great performance, he can defy the odds! I would love a Jim & Sid Top 2 for Team Blake, but I feel like Worth the Wait will throw a wrench in that plan. Whatever happens, good luck Sid! ❤️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WE HAVE SPOILERS!

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


Our sources told us that Sid was in the second knockout to perform overall. He faced DeSz, who sang Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell, and Sid sang Make it Rain by Foy Vance. He sang while playing the keyboard, and he managed to make John, Kelly and Blake give him a standing ovation. Coaches were very complimentary of him, although they noted Kelly is probably leaning DeSz's way in her decision. John said it was his best performance, Blake said he was a big surprise for him today, and Kelly said he and DeSz are two of her favorite artists that she ever worked with on the show. Unfortunately she picked DeSz, but John and Blake both swooped in to steal Sid! After almost half an hour of pitching, Sid decided to go with Blake!

I don't know how to feel about Sid being on Blake. On one hand, John's team is stacked with talent that I think TPTB would want to promote more over him, so he'll have a better chance at making it on Team Blake, but Blake already has two artists that I think he's more invested in than him. Then again, Blake has a history of taking KO steals over his own artists, so hopefully with a great performance, he can defy the odds! I would love a Jim & Sid Top 2 for Team Blake, but I feel like Worth the Wait will throw a wrench in that plan. Whatever happens, good luck Sid! ❤️
 

 

 

 

Nvm

Edited by antikid
I don't know how to the spoiler thing properly lmao
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^the spoiler tag kinda got funky there.



Honestly I don't see him getting the PV on Team Blake unless he pulls a undeniably mindblowing performance. His fanbase would have already latched on to Jim or WTW. 

I actually think he has a better shot at Coach Save, purely because we have no idea how invested is Blake in his contestants this season. I feel like if Sid could just make a good impression on the coaching sessions he'll have with Blake, he can stand a chance at being his favorite. Blake always chooses the people he likes to work with.

 

But of course...... America can just make it easier on him and just vote him through. A guy can dream! :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont like him being with Blake honestly,  I think his chances would have been much higher with Gwen, but she didnt try to steal him so. Blake's got way too much country on his team this year, a frontrunner in Jim , not to mention a trio he favors and a female country singer with a good chance of winning the 4 way KO. 

 

As much as I love Sid, he's got a big mountain to climb being the only non country artist there. I actually do have hope for him and I think he can do it, everythings gonna depend on song choice. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly, wheather Blake chooses him in the POs or not ( because Jim is definitely getting PV) will be clearer after seeing his reaction to both Sid and WTW, because they are  his main obstacle. Apparently he was blown away and gave  him a standing ovation, which he rarely does for artists not on his team, so we'll see.

 

I somewhat agree with you, but I actually think WTW might have the potential to snag a PV over Jim. It will come down to who Blake likes to work with the best for that coach save. And as much I hate to bring up this point, because I do like Jim: would TPTB allow Blake to have another country adjacent pastor as a frontrunner again after S18? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WE HAVE SPOILERS!

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


Our sources told us that Sid was in the second knockout to perform overall. He faced DeSz, who sang Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell, and Sid sang Make it Rain by Foy Vance. He sang while playing the keyboard, and he managed to make John, Kelly and Blake give him a standing ovation. Coaches were very complimentary of him, although they noted Kelly is probably leaning DeSz's way in her decision. John said it was his best performance, Blake said he was a big surprise for him today, and Kelly said he and DeSz are two of her favorite artists that she ever worked with on the show. Unfortunately she picked DeSz, but John and Blake both swooped in to steal Sid! After almost half an hour of pitching, Sid decided to go with Blake!

I don't know how to feel about Sid being on Blake. On one hand, John's team is stacked with talent that I think TPTB would want to promote more over him, so he'll have a better chance at making it on Team Blake, but Blake already has two artists that I think he's more invested in than him. Then again, Blake has a history of taking KO steals over his own artists, so hopefully with a great performance, he can defy the odds! I would love a Jim & Sid Top 2 for Team Blake, but I feel like Worth the Wait will throw a wrench in that plan. Whatever happens, good luck Sid! ❤️
 

 

 

If Blake and John both stole him and gave him standing ovation then it means his performance was very good, although his chances at getting the PV are very less( I think Jim will get that) but he can make the top 9 via CS or WC. I want a finale having Jim, Sid, John H, Carter Rubin and Cami Clune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy to hear the spoilers!!! I can’t believe John and Blake both tried to steal him! And honestly I’m just happy he’s on a team! He totally deserves it 😊 What do you think he should choose for his next song/ what type of song is good for PV??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I dont like him being with Blake honestly,  I think his chances would have been much higher with Gwen, but she didnt try to steal him so. Blake's got way too much country on his team this year, a frontrunner in Jim , not to mention a trio he favors and a female country singer with a good chance of winning the 4 way KO. 

 

As much as I love Sid, he's got a big mountain to climb being the only non country artist there. I actually do have hope for him and I think he can do it, everythings gonna depend on song choice. 

 

Just reading this edit now. Hate to say it, but yeah, it's always hard being the new guy on Blake's team after KOs. But based on his team makeup, I actually think Blake is planning on making WTW TCO instead of Jim. And again, I really doubt TPTB would want to risk someone like Jim sailing through the finale, so I can see a bus coming for him, leaving Sid a window of opportunity to snag a coach save. Yes, it's a wild prediction, but desperate times, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...