๐ŸŽต ๐ŸŽถ Sid Kingsley Fan Thread! ๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽต

Teraginn

1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

ย 

Sid reminds me of Michael Lee because of their bluesy tone. I am hoping Sid won't have the same fate as Michael, though because he clearly deserved the PV for Team Blake.

Still in tinfoil hat land that the Team Blake S15 Master Plan was Kirk/Dave/Michael (since Dave was a sentimental favorite, Kirk was an audience favorite, and Michael was actually good).

ย 

As for the PV on Team Blake, it really comes down to Sid vs. Jim at this point - WTW is good at harmonizing but I don't think they can pull it off since a multi-artist act is divisive at best.

• Like 2

Just now, Dalton Eduardo said:

ย 

Sid reminds me of Michael Lee because of their bluesy tone. I am hoping Sid won't have the same fate as Michael, though because he clearly deserved the PV for Team Blake.

ย 

He's definitely the closest past contestant I can think of for Sid.

I will say that Michael was in a MUCH more competitive team than Sid going to the playoffs. WTW and Jim are pretty beatable IMO, compared to Kirk, Dave and Chris.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Still in tinfoil hat land that the Team Blake S15 Master Plan was Kirk/Dave/Michael (since Dave was a sentimental favorite, Kirk was an audience favorite, and Michael was actually good).

ย 

As for the PV on Team Blake, it really comes down to Sid vs. Jim at this point - WTW is good at harmonizing but I don't think they can pull it off since a multi-artist act is divisive at best.

GMTA lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

ย 

He's definitely the closest past contestant I can think of for Sid.

I will say that Michael was in a MUCH more competitive team than Sid going to the playoffs. WTW and Jim are pretty beatable IMO, compared to Kirk, Dave and Chris.

ย 

Yeah I agree. WTW is definitely not getting the PV because of the trio bias and Jim is also not 100% getting that PV considering that he's quite similar with last season's winner. I might be wrong though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

ย 

ย 

Sadly, Chris surprisingly snagged the PV and became the runner-up of the season. While I agree that Sid vs Jim is gonna be the situation but here's hoping Sid will get it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

ย 

Sadly, Chris surprisingly snagged the PV and became the runner-up of the season. While I agree that Sid vs Jim is gonna be the situation but here's hoping Sid will get it.

ย 

If I were to rank Sid's opponents based on their probability to pull a Chris Kroeze:

3. Ian - he's definitely handicapped by the mediocre KO edit, but I will say he might take a page from Nick Hagelin and sing a song for his kid on the POs. I will cry if that happens, and not because of the tearjerking moment it will produce.
2. WTW - there's just too much bias against trios for me to fully believe that they could snatch a PV. I know Hello Sunday happened, but they were very lucky that they got that Wildcard in the first place.
1. Jim - he doesn't have the same amount of support that Todd had right out the gate after the POs. He's Californian, so he doesn't have an home state advantage either.ย 

ย 

We also have to consider what Blake will say after their POs performances. I know Blake enjoyed every Sid performance so far, but he needs to vocalize it next week so his army would throw support behind him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

ย 

If I were to rank Sid's opponents based on their probability to pull a Chris Kroeze:

3. Ian - he's definitely handicapped by the mediocre KO edit, but I will say he might take a page from Nick Hagelin and sing a song for his kid on the POs. I will cry if that happens, and not because of the tearjerking moment it will produce.
2. WTW - there's just too much bias against trios for me to fully believe that they could snatch a PV. I know Hello Sunday happened, but they were very lucky that they got that Wildcard in the first place.
1. Jim - he doesn't have the same amount of support that Todd had right out the gate after the POs. He's Californian, so he doesn't have an home state advantage either.ย 

ย 

We also have to consider what Blake will say after their POs performances. I know Blake enjoyed every Sid performance so far, but he needs to vocalize it next week so his army would throw support behind him.

ย 

I agree with all of this. Also, if Taryn wins the 4-way knockout, I'd place her below Jim since both of them will have the same chance to get the PV which in turn will be 2 of Sid's major competitors.

ย 

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 1

So I tried to find Sid's IG Live, but it has since been deleted, and I realized he probably deleted it since it showed Julia and the 4way KO has yet to be aired. That probably also explains why Ryan G deleted his IG live with Sid, he probably tipped Ryan G being in LA or something. Be careful with those lives Sid! ๐Ÿ˜…

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He did Great Tonight though I think it wasn't his best performance.

ย 

Personally I think it was his best one, purely because it's the most dynamic performance. His blind is a close second, and his battle was just a tad too aggressive relative to the others. Love them all though!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

ย 

I agree with all of this. Also, if Taryn wins the 4-way knockout, I'd place her below Jim since both of them will have the same chance to get the PV which in turn will be 2 of Sid's major competitors.

ย 

If it comes between Taryn and Sid for the PV on Team Blake, I have no idea who I'd pick at this point since I love both of their voices a lot more than is probably healthy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

If it comes between Taryn and Sid for the PV on Team Blake, I have no idea who I'd pick at this point since I love both of their voices a lot more than is probably healthy.

ย 

I'd be okay if whoever gets the PV between the two of them. As long as the other one is the CS.

ย 

WTW is probably a threat to the CS, though.

• Like 1

Sid and Desz really did that! I've been replaying both of their KO's since they got aired. I thought that I preferred Desz the first couple times, but now its much more even for me. I'm really hoping Sid delivers in the playoffs!

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

A piece of good news: There is still a Wildcard spot up for grabs in the event Sid doesn't get either the public vote or coach save!

I think his chances at a WC are pretty good as opposed to a PV or CS. Doesn't mean we'll not do our darndest to vote for him, but it's nice to have a safety net. โค๏ธ

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Agggron said:

On his IG stories, Sidโ€™s going on a hilarious crusade to get people not to vote for Ian or Jim.ย 
ย 

He cracks me up, so please add me!

ย 

OMG ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Sid is definitely very aware of his chances on the show and he's trying to take out his biggest competition ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Love that Ian and Jim are in on the joke too!

ย 

It's weird though that Sid did not get WTW in on the joke too.... Maybe because he knows WTW is his coach's fave? Who knows. I just hope people don't take these jokes too seriously. Vote for Sid y'all!

ย 

yh59L7t.jpg

ย 

c2NckbI.jpg

ย 

3JePwC2.jpg

ย 

And @Agggron, added ya! Welcome!

• Haha 2

Song concept for Sid - I forgot Hall & Oatesโ€™ Maneater has a sax solo at the start of the song, with some minor editing to the arrangement it could be an instrumental break in the middle of the song instead. Do I suggest it or do I leave it off? Itโ€™s not necessarily his wheelhouse genre-wise but I feel like heโ€™d do surprisingly well with it...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

ย 

OMG ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Sid is definitely very aware of his chances on the show and he's trying to take out his biggest competition ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Love that Ian and Jim are in on the joke too!

ย 

It's weird though that Sid did not get WTW in on the joke too.... Maybe because he knows WTW is his coach's fave? Who knows. I just hope people don't take these jokes too seriously. Vote for Sid y'all!

ย 

yh59L7t.jpg

ย 

c2NckbI.jpg

ย 

3JePwC2.jpg

ย 

And @Agggron, added ya! Welcome!

Goddamnit Sidย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย I love this guys, Iowkey wish all three went through, but in this situation Iยดm hoping for Sid honestly.

ย 

That being said, while this is a joke, it shows that he is aware that they are his biggest threats and that he needs to please the core audience of the show, so perhaps he might do something dedicated directly at them. I could see him singing country and adding his flare to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Goddamnit Sidย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย I love this guys, Iowkey wish all three went through, but in this situation Iยดm hoping for Sid honestly.

ย 

That being said, while this is a joke, it shows that he is aware that they are his biggest threats and that he needs to please the core audience of the show, so perhaps he might do something dedicated directly at them. I could see him singing country and adding his flare to it.

The biggest issue i can see would be changing the key to fit his voice - Sidโ€™s a Tenor I and a lot of male country vocalists are Tenor II or Baritones. Even so, thatโ€™s a doable change and would be the smart move strategy wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Song concept for Sid - I forgot Hall & Oatesโ€™ Maneater has a sax solo at the start of the song, with some minor editing to the arrangement it could be an instrumental break in the middle of the song instead. Do I suggest it or do I leave it off? Itโ€™s not necessarily his wheelhouse genre-wise but I feel like heโ€™d do surprisingly well with it...

ย 

I would love that TBH, but I remembered Blake bussing Dana Harper during S11 with that song so I would be nervous if Sid gets that song.ย ย ๐Ÿฅถ