🎵 🎶 Sid Kingsley Fan Thread! 🎶 🎵

Teraginn

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I wonder if they'll air his KO as early as next week. If they air him, he might get to close out the Tuesday episode. If he gets aired next next week, he might not get to close because he got multiple steals in his KO and they can't air a multiple steal KO so late.

Because of what???

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHHINCzlOWU/

A chill interview that Sid did on IGTV. 

Some things of note:

- he was stuck in LA for three months while filming the pretaped rounds. To pass the time, he hiked a lot, practiced the keys, played on his Switch, and did random videos of himself reviewing instant coffee on FB. :P

- The COVID-19 measure for The Voice were very strict. All mics and musical instruments are cleaned between performances, and they had to maintain proper distance at all times with the coaches and staff. Sid even had to learn to put his own makeup for the show to minimize his contact.

- He is definitely willing to play the saxophone if he's called to do it!

- his fiancee Gabrielle convinced him to send a video to the casting people. The video he sent, BTW, is his cover of Give You Blue. A day after he sent that video, the casting people called him and invited him for a private audition with the executive producers. 

- he got the call to do an official blind audition the weekend COVID-19 started shutting down America. 

- Sid never watched the show before this season. He has a lot of nice things to say about the behind-the-scenes stuff though. He gave props to the band, the vocal coach, and how the show goes out of its way to make the contestants look good for TV. He also appreciates the opportunity to perform on a stage despite the pandemic.

- Sid mentioned me on the live! ❤️ (25:55)

Y'all should watch the whole video. Sid was laidback and very thoughtful with his responses, and you really get a feel for Sid as an everyday person in this interview as opposed to a reality show contestant.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Of note: about an hour and ten minutes into the interview, Sid mentions Ed Sheeran and Foy Vance as artists he got into because of the show. Interestingly enough, they just so happen to be the ones behind his KO song choice....Maybe it's a hint for future rounds? Who knows. 😉

Noticed that too! 

10 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I knew this song but I didn't know Glenn Frey sang it, that's a surprise to me! Definitely a good song to show off his sax skills.

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t see how he´s not tomorrow, given that his KO was the only double steal, and those usually come early. See Katie vs Max and Megan vs CammWess. Him and Desz are probably closing tomorrow.

Good points, but I wouldn't mind if they'd save him for next week, purely because I wanted him to be on a Monday for maximum visibility. I believe his middling social media numbers on his blind is partly due to it being shown on a Tuesday as opposed to a Monday. 

On one hand, I'm happy that Sid will be shown on a Monday to more viewers. But on the other hand, I was hoping he'll pull a Cedrice and close all of the pretaped rounds. Oh well. 😛 

And based on the KOs chosen for tonight, I definitely think they're saving the best for next week. ;)

• Like 2

Ooh... Now that I thought about it.... Sid vs Desz could still technically be a closer if they want to. They just have to have Carter/Chloe be the last KO before the 4way KO, and do some clever editing.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Ooh... Now that I thought about it.... Sid vs Desz could still technically be a closer if they want to. They just have to have Carter/Chloe be the last KO before the 4way KO, and do some clever editing.

The only problem is Carter and Chloe (based on what the end-of-episode sneak-peek showed) may also be on the lineup for Monday, so if both Sid vs. Desz and Chloe vs. Carter are on Monday the latest they can have the former pair is the end of hour one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

The only problem is Carter and Chloe (based on what the end-of-episode sneak-peek showed) may also be on the lineup for Monday, so if both Sid vs. Desz and Chloe vs. Carter are on Monday the latest they can have the former pair is the end of hour one.

Did the preview explicitly said it's for Monday? Like, did it say "Next Monday on The Voice..." as opposed to "Next week on The Voice...."?