๐ŸŽต ๐ŸŽถ Sid Kingsley Fan Thread! ๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽต

Teraginn

14 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Watching Sid vs. Bailey for the 10th time in 12 hoursย totally not because I'm obsessed with Sid's voiceย and I noticed two things after re-watching it and checking spoilers:

• It's the first battle of the first taping, so Kelly's excitement matches that since it's a new round of the show.
  • Kelly makes motions about halfway through that clearlyย indicate she's going to try and steal Sid about halfway through the song while he's singing - I wonder if this played into both John picking Bailey over Sid and the other two coaches not even trying to steal him.

ย 

I guess Kelly finally got to see the level from Sid that she was waiting to hear in his blind, and she rewarded him accordingly.

ย 

It's also funny that the coach who didn't turn around for him in the blind ended up saving him. We love quick turnarounds!

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I was just reviewing MjsBigBlog and I caught this.ย 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidโ€™s a little too growly. He could tone that down a bit. Heโ€™s almost shouty, like heโ€™s trying too hard. Bailey has incredible range with an old school vibe. She has a very mature approach for a teenager. Iโ€™d pick Bailey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the thoughts of Mjs' editor MJ Santilli.

ย 

But I'm 100% sure Sid will win the polls by a large margin anyways.

ย 

ย 

I can totally see why would anyone say something like that but for me personally I like Sid the way he is.

ย 

Like I said before, Sid's is not for everyone. I'm actually surprised at how much people thought Sid should have won, I thought it was gonna be a much more even response from both, especially since Bailey was country and did well in complementing Sid's gruff tone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

ย 

I guess Kelly finally got to see the level from Sid that she was waiting to hear in his blind, and she rewarded him accordingly.

ย 

It's also funny that the coach who didn't turn around for him in the blind ended up saving Sid. We live quick turnarounds!

if i recall correctly, kelly was told to stop turning as much at some point - i think during his taping - so that's most likely it. his ba warranted a 4 chair turn

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

if i recall correctly, kelly was told to stop turning as much at some point - i think during his taping - so that's most likely it. his ba warranted a 4 chair turn

Sid was the 3rd contestant that got chairs to turn overall, in the first taping, so she very well could have turned. Either way, glad she recognized his talent in the battles. Better late than never.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHaerv4l_Z-/

Sid's caption (paraphrased): So this is the first time I've ever done a proper duet and ever been on-stage for a performance with no instrument...

Me:ย mind blown GIF by Flo From Progressive

ย 

That explains the general awkwardness on stage. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Only knock I would give to his performance, but hopefully he'll get more comfortable soon! ๐Ÿ˜‡

Some food for thought: given what we know about Sid's KO, what are the chances that he'll close another episode? The last person to close all 3 taped rounds was Ashland Craft in Season 13. Can Sid be the next one?

ย 

EDIT: Cedrice also did it last season, whoops!

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Some food for thought: given what we know about Sid's KO, what are the chances that he'll close another episode? The last person to close all 3 taped rounds was Ashland Craft in Season 13. Can Sid be the next one?

That would be great. I think there is a very great chance of it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Wasn't the last one Cedrice?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Teraginn said:

If y'all still don't believe Voice contestants know about IDF.... Check this video out. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/sidkingsleymusic/videos/1235447700168329

Glad to know he's aware of the demographic he needs to appeal to win this thing.

ย 

Wow. That's legitimately brilliant. Makes me root for him 10x more than I already do.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

ย 

That's probably gonna happen to Sid. If that happens, I think I will have to conclude that he is probably the actual TCO of the season.

• Like 1

Here's an excerpt from Sid's bio on his official website about his stint at the Coast Guard:
ย 

After high school, Kingsley decided to join the Coast Guard, following the same military path as many members of his family. Even there, his love for music didnโ€™t fade from view: one commanding officer insisted he share his talents with his fellow recruits. โ€œI wasn't in a position to say no, being that I was in boot camp and all,โ€ he says.

ย 

Shortly thereafter, the same CO arranged for him to represent his unit performing โ€œThe Star Spangled Bannerโ€ at the nearby Cape May Jazz Festival. When jazz great Jimmy Heath heard him playing backstage, he was stunned, and quickly assured him that he had what it took to succeed as a musician.
ย 

ย 

FYI, Jimmy Heath is a huge name in the jazz world, working with the likes of Charlie Parker, Miles Davis and Dizzy Gillespie. And like Sid, he also played the saxophone. He just passed away at the beginning of this year.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I'm super excited for his KO and I know he will slay it. I really like his performance during the battle even though he lost.

ย 

I wonder if they'll air his KO as early as next week. If they air him, he might get to close out the Tuesday episode. If he gets aired next next week, he might not get to close because he got multiple steals in his KO and they can't air a multiple steal KO so late.