๐Ÿ˜œ Cami Clune Fan Thread ๐Ÿ˜œ

echoap

Just now, QueenCami said:

Fair, I'll be optimistic about it too lmao! Positive energy, let's manifest a Cami PV!

other songs that should work for her (I found them in the comments of her T9 song) are The Scientist and Mad World.

ย 

Also, upon relistening.... her performance wasn't even that bad!!ย The "botched" note that I've heard people refer to as a voice crack was just a slight strain for a second on that note, and the rest of her performance was pretty strong, even though she appeared to be out of breath.

ย 

• Like 2

Yes, we all know that is a ridiculously hard song and Cami def had some spots that were a little iffy.ย  It was no where near as bad as a lot IDFers are making it out to be.ย  Cami's tone is still amazing.ย  Her ability to connect emotionally is still unmatched.ย ย 

ย 

Her performance was my personal favorite last night and I'm happy to vote for her.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Yes, we all know that is a ridiculously hard song and Cami def had some spots that were a little iffy.ย  It was no where near as bad as a lot IDFers are making it out to be.ย  Cami's tone is still amazing.ย  Her ability to connect emotionally is still unmatched.ย ย 

ย 

Her performance was my personal favorite last night and I'm happy to vote for her.

yes! i don't think anyone else on the show can make that emotional connection to a song (Which is why i've pushed for she used to be mine at least ten times now lmao). tamara, desz, and especially john can hit these CRAZY notes, but i never feel anything. when i listen to her IPASOY or Skinny Love or NTUP, I can feel the emotion pouring out of her. That is a unique quality that few others have (one of them, being my all-time favorite, Addison). I really hope her future song(s) reflect that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thevoicefan said:

She's so underrated! I hope she can make the finale! Cami is so good!

Itโ€™s so strange how quickly IDF can change. Before they were praisingย her, now theyโ€™re hating. Iโ€™m glad there are still fans in here!ย :thumbsup:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

yes! i don't think anyone else on the show can make that emotional connection to a song (Which is why i've pushed for she used to be mine at least ten times now lmao). tamara, desz, and especially john can hit these CRAZY notes, but i never feel anything. when i listen to her IPASOY or Skinny Love or NTUP, I can feel the emotion pouring out of her. That is a unique quality that few others have (one of them, being my all-time favorite, Addison). I really hope her future song(s) reflect that.

ย 

I agree with 100% of this.ย  Well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Itโ€™s so strange how quickly IDF can change. Before they were praisingย her, now theyโ€™re hating. Iโ€™m glad there are still fans in here!ย :thumbsup:

I donโ€™t see the hate. She just had an off night and people pointed it out.

ย 

That said, I think her body of work is deserving of a finale spot. Hopefully she gets something similar to her audition in the IS, so at least she goes on a high note.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, Daillon said:

I donโ€™t see the hate. She just had an off night and people pointed it out.

ย 

That said, I think her body of work is deserving of a finale spot. Hopefully she gets something similar to her audition in the IS, so at least she goes on a high note.ย 

I think, though, that many (including me) were probably harsher initially than her performance merited because of the insanely high standards she's set herself in her practically perfect performances previously.ย 

ย 

I agree that her performances overall deserve a finale spot, but I think that if she gets a good song in the IS, she can make the finale.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Check the spoiler thread.ย 

Being critical =/= hate

ย 

Back on topic, hopefully she gets Lover Please Stay in the IS. Itโ€™s my favorite cover from her.

Edited by Daillon

29 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I think they are just very loud minorities. IDF loves her it's just that they don't like this performance much and it gave her haters a perfect chance to bash her.

That makes sense. I really didnโ€™t think the performance was that bad. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

• Like 1

Like I said, some people finally got their chance to criticize Cami now that she got a horrible song choice.

ย 

Looking back and given Cami's superb ability to perform live, "Stars" is now looking like a really good song choice in comparison :haha:

7 minutes ago, echoap said:

Looking back and given Cami's superb ability to perform live, "Stars" is now looking like a really good song choice in comparison :haha:

ooh this reminds me of marybeth's version. i actually think this would be a good song for her. however, as ive said a million times, i'd prefer she used to be mine, though i'd settle for mad world or the scientist.

20 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

ooh this reminds me of marybeth's version. i actually think this would be a good song for her. however, as ive said a million times, i'd prefer she used to be mine, though i'd settle for mad world or the scientist.

Not a fan of "She Used to Be Mine" for an IS situation but it might work given Cami.ย 

ย 

I'd prefer something with a strong message like "Titanium" or similar. Too late to suggest I guess :haha:

1 minute ago, echoap said:

Not a fan of "She Used to Be Mine" for an IS situation but it might work given Cami.ย 

ย 

I'd prefer something with a strong message like "Titanium" or similar. Too late to suggest I guess :haha:

that's a good point, i didn't realize that. it doesn't have a lot of oomph; just like payge gave a classy, restrained version of diamonds but didn't get voted through.ย 

ย 

that's the issue though, that her style isn't one that's super loud and out there, it's more ethereal and spooky based on her performances on the voiceย and her approximately 50 covers on her youtube that i've binge-watched.

ย 

hoping for the best for her and manifesting a finale spot!

• Like 1