Added.  Welcome.  💐

4 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

She was amazing tonight. Pls Add me

Added.  Welcome.  💐

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

The correct question is MAY I be added. 🙃

Added.  💐

I've written so many things for grad school apps & classwork in the last couple days the English language is turning to mush in my brain 😅

Thanks - Julia's tone is stunning and I need more of it in my life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Thanks - Julia's tone is stunning and I need more of it in my life.

Julia is obviously my favorite and like you I have listed to "Alaska" an unhealthy number of times.   Her tone and phrasing are unique and so beautiful.   She has the kind of voice I would pick if I ever had to face the old "stuck on a desert island" scenario. 

• Like 3

Many people don't know but the run that Julia did in the middle of that performance( when she sang Inhaaaa-li-ii-ii-iing, the moment when Kelly said wow.)was so hard and difficult to do. It requires a lot of air and great amount of breath control and the fact that Julia did it like it was nothing says alot about her vocal technique.

Btw I'm looking forward to her battle. She is a great vocalist, her opponent is also a great vocalist so it's gonna be a hell of a battle.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

The voice posted a video on their official You Tube channel "Best Performances Of the 3rd week". And I'm glad to see in the comments that everyone is praising her.

She was the best performance of the third week! :clap: 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:08 PM, VintageVoice said:

@Spurrious can I be added? I keep re-looping her audition and it's so, so good - I can't wait to see her next performance on the show.

same! i kept playing it on youtube and eventually i just moved to listenonrepeat lol

30 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Third week...absolutely.  Best overall...maybe....I could make a solid argument for that. 

100% her audition was the best on the last week. julia's effortlessness with her runs really puts her near the top. i really really look forward to her battle and i hope that minivan doesn't pay too much attention to her ko song name 😌

Edited by ashwinner

14 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Julia was done dirty with that song choice, but I feel like she did what she could with it.  They can't take away her unique, beautiful tone and style.  She won the battle in my eyes.

Yeah.....ya know.... a band intensive song is generally not the ideal choice for a singer as nuanced as Julia.  Of course, TPTB knew that but they have no qualms about pushing their narrative to the detriment of a contestant.  I realize quirky indie girls like Julia rarely get any favors (actually none that I can casually remember) but Julia is way better than most in that genre.  So I didn't expect a favor but bandzilla treatment in favor of the TPTB TCO in one round followed by competing with the girl that is likely the audience TCO in the 4 way is just wrong.  The only mystery here is how Taryn ended up in the 4 way.  WTF?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Yeah.....ya know.... a band intensive song is generally not the ideal choice for a singer as nuanced as Julia.  Of course, TPTB knew that but they have no qualms about pushing their narrative to the detriment of a contestant.  I realize quirky indie girls like Julia rarely get any favors (actually none that I can casually remember) but Julia is way better than most in that genre.  So I didn't expect a favor but bandzilla treatment in favor of the TPTB TCO in one round followed by competing with the girl that is likely the audience TCO in the 4 way is just wrong.  The only mystery here is how Taryn ended up in the 4 way.  WTF?

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry