Taryn Papa Fan Thread

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t even think groups should be allowed on the Voice in the first place. Notice how the “Voice” is not plural. 😅

I always had a problem with duos before, but never thought much about it. They have all been fodder or never really a threat to win. But now it seems like the coaches want something "Different" if they want something different, then stop choosing the same type of people every time. Taryn is a unique and powerful country vocalist, and yet Blake is ditching her to the curb to fend for herself because he wants to try something with the trio. Also he's keeping his basic country male over her too, but its to be expected. 

I know Taryn's best shot to win or get the finale was with Blake, but now I wish she chose different, Gwen would even be a better pick. 

Anyways, I'm just excited to hear what she has in store, she at least has 3 performances coming up(BA, Battles, KOs) so I'll just enjoy them as I can.

Hoping she has a big KO song to get out of that hole and try for the Semis at least.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're new here so some slack must be given, but a contestant's fan thread is not the place for this sort of thing.

The slayage was too much to handle and had to be rebooted. Okay idk, but at least its back up!    

DARN Taryn, She's gonna slay the full song into oblivion. I seriously hear that Faith in her more now. What a vocalist this woman is.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I always had a problem with duos before, but never thought much about it. They have all been fodder or never really a threat to win. But now it seems like the coaches want something "Different" if they want something different, then stop choosing the same type of people every time. Taryn is a unique and powerful country vocalist, and yet Blake is ditching her to the curb to fend for herself because he wants to try something with the trio. Also he's keeping his basic country male over her too, but its to be expected. 

I know Taryn's best shot to win or get the finale was with Blake, but now I wish she chose different, Gwen would even be a better pick. 

Anyways, I'm just excited to hear what she has in store, she at least has 3 performances coming up(BA, Battles, KOs) so I'll just enjoy them as I can.

Hoping she has a big KO song to get out of that hole and try for the Semis at least.

I think both of them deserved to move on, but if she does live up to what y'all are saying, I hope she can win the 4-way KO. Anyway, since many speculated she'd reach Finale/Semifinals, that should be quite enough to beat out the others, so hopefully we will get to see more out of her

On 9/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, my biggest concern is her being paired with the trio. Not that she can’t outsing them, but sometimes the show or the coaches make decisions based on things other than singing ability, and this will be the second time they’ve tried to make a trio work. I’ve never even liked duos on the show, let alone trios. 

Another concern is Blake (or TPTB) thinking it’s a conflict of interest, and giving her away to another coach, or just deciding that she doesn’t fit their narrative for the season. 

Anyway, the biggest thing that stands out to me in this photo is that her Ole Red shows in March were every Friday night from 6:30-10:00. That is prime time. Ole Red management must think highly of her.  That means when she’s performing, people stay. 

Sh*t. 

• Like 3

FWIW....

——

Worth the Wait vs. Taryn Papa

-Taryn > WTW; Mia (youngest) "carried WTW"

-"Very Good" with Blake comparing Mia to Danielle and Taryn to Cassadee

-Kelly and Blake apparently thought Taryn didn't show off her voice as much as she could have

-Kelly and Gwen chose Worth the Wait, John chose Taryn

——

Many times, we’ve had these pros come in and get blown out the door, because they don’t fit the narrative of the season, or whatever.  I wouldn’t even go on this show if I were them.  That’s what this feels like, honestly. I’ve listened to enough of WTW. None of them are even in the same league as Taryn vocally, although they do harmonize well. It’s like comparing apples and oranges. Blake ultimately chose the cute teen. With very few exceptions, he doesn’t generally support adult female country singers. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
41 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

None of them are even in the same league as Taryn vocally, although they do harmonize well.

Duos and trios have this advantage and there's literally no way to fight against it. I did think that The Bundys did better than Mikaela, despite being less talented, mainly because of how they can harmonize. 

I doubt that any one of the members of the group would have been able to beat Taryn alone.

I am, however, confident that Taryn can win her KO.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

FWIW....

——

Worth the Wait vs. Taryn Papa

-Taryn > WTW; Mia (youngest) "carried WTW"

-"Very Good" with Blake comparing Mia to Danielle and Taryn to Cassadee

-Kelly and Blake apparently thought Taryn didn't show off her voice as much as she could have

-Kelly and Gwen chose Worth the Wait, John chose Taryn

——

Many times, we’ve had these pros come in and get blown out the door, because they don’t fit the narrative of the season, or whatever.  I wouldn’t even go on this show if I were them.  That’s what this feels like, honestly. I’ve listened to enough of WTW. None of them are even in the same league as Taryn vocally, although they do harmonize well. It’s like comparing apples and oranges. Blake ultimately chose the cute teen. With very few exceptions, he doesn’t generally support adult female country singers. 

Just curious, but listening to 2 songs by WTW is listening to "enough"?  Seems to me that a WTW 4-chair turn and then a win during a battle round doesn't really give TeamAudra, AKA Tayrn, a strong voice to disrespect another contestant.   

• Confused 3
37 minutes ago, UncleSanchez said:

Just curious, but listening to 2 songs by WTW is listening to "enough"?  Seems to me that a WTW 4-chair turn and then a win during a battle round doesn't really give TeamAudra, AKA Tayrn, a strong voice to disrespect another contestant.   

You're new here so some slack must be given, but a contestant's fan thread is not the place for this sort of thing.

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, UncleSanchez said:

I see you just joined 51 minutes ago. Are you their uncle?

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, UncleSanchez said:

Not disrespecting when its just the truth. Blake pulled a "Kelly" and went with potential instead of raw talent.

Also yes, this is the fan thread, show hate towards the artist. Then you can have a one-way ticket out of here, also Team Audra is the most objectively unbiased person here. So try again sweetie.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Not disrespecting when its just the truth. Blake pulled a "Kelly" and went with potential instead of raw talent.

Also yes, this is the fan thread, show hate towards the artist. Then you can have a one-way ticket out of here, also Team Audra is the most objectively unbiased person here. So try again sweetie.

Thanks for the compliment, but I’m pretty biased, just like everyone else here! I’m probably a little more blunt than most. I’ve become very jaded after watching 13 seasons. Of course, there have been a few seasons where my snowflakes have gotten the benefit of the doubt, so it works both ways. 

“It’s not a singing competition. It’s a TV show about a singing competition.”

If Taryn gets a good KO song, and pulls it out, there might be hope for her, though. Once they go live, the cream usually rises to the top. She needs Blake in her corner. Remember, he originally chose JDC over CWB. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, UncleSanchez said:

LMAO calling TeamAudra Taryn is hilarious. 

I would not be surprised if UncleSanchez is related to the members of WTW in some way though 🙃

• Haha 5
14 hours ago, UncleSanchez said:

First of all, this is a fan thread, so please don’t come in here and derail it. 😉 Second of all, who knows why it was a four-chair turn. Maybe the coaches were just curious, since it sounded like a group. A group has more chances to please the coaches since there are multiple voices. 😅 Also, you spelled Taryn’s name wrong... :giggle: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 9/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, TeamAudra said:

Taryn posted a clip of “Walkaway Joe” by Trisha Yearwood on her IG story. Maybe a song choice clue for tomorrow’s performance? 🙃

Actually, she has a lot of vocal similarities to Trisha Yearwood, and I would welcome that song choice. 

Her most recent follow on IG is Trisha Yearwood, FWIW. Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s singing one of her songs. 

• Like 6
On 9/6/2020 at 11:10 PM, QueenMae16 said:

Perhaps with this information, maybe going a little Faith Hill will do some good work? "Cry" or "There You'll Be" I suggest, and it can bring the emotion out in her. Taryn doesn't need to hold back for the audience, she can prove she is a supreme vocalist with projecting her emotion as well.

Oh...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Oh...

Edit: okay I got the green light to post.(Thanks TeamAudra)

Taryn with the SLAYAGE decision and "Cry" is the PERFECT choice.

Omg if Taryn somehow gets robbed, then this audience is tragic.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

hold on: May I post spoilers?

Edit: sorry if I shouldn't have posted what I posted, unless if its okay.

It’s fine. Her song is in the post of yours I quoted. It was sung by the winner of S3. That should be enough. 🙃

I was told she was “very good” by someone who wouldn’t BS me about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s fine. Her song is in the post of yours I quoted. It was sung by the winner of S3. That should be enough. 🙃

I was told she was “very good” by someone who wouldn’t BS me about it. 

Okay yeah, cause I was questioning on "Song was mentioned in her fan thread" "Winner sung it before"

I was thinking she went back to Martina McBride with "Independence Day" or "Anyway" But I was trying to remember if a winner has sung those before(I don't recall)

And I was thinking if Taryn would actually go with a Faith Hill song and especially "Cry" the chances of getting that slayage of a pick shows maybe TPTB or Blake do care a little bit to give her that freedom(I'm not convinced they are on her side yet, but at least its not "Lips Of An Angel")

Anyways, mainly this is on Taryn and I just know she would slay that, and her talent should easily get her the win in that 4-Way KO.

Now we wait to vote.....

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Okay yeah, cause I was questioning on "Song was mentioned in her fan thread" "Winner sung it before"

I was thinking she went back to Martina McBride with "Independence Day" or "Anyway" But I was trying to remember if a winner has sung those before(I don't recall)

And I was thinking if Taryn would actually go with a Faith Hill song and especially "Cry" the chances of getting that slayage of a pick shows maybe TPTB or Blake do care a little bit to give her that freedom(I'm not convinced they are on her side yet, but at least its not "Lips Of An Angel")

Anyways, mainly this is on Taryn and I just know she would slay that, and her talent should easily get her the win in that 4-Way KO.

Now we wait to vote.....

If slaying that song isn’t enough, the show doesn’t deserve her. Going first isn’t as bad with an overnight vote, so I’m optimistic.  

• Like 3

Now, I have to comb through all

of those Facebook live videos and see if she covered it. But not tonight. LOL. 

Maybe she got the idea from QueenMae’s comment. Hmmm..... I don’t recall hearing any Faith Hill covers in my research. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe she got the idea from QueenMae’s comment. Hmmm..... I don’t recall hearing any Faith Hill covers in my research. 

I searched thru youtube but there was also none. I am now excited with that performance.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Lmao, if she somehow got that idea from me while searching on Idolforums, I would be shook but also very glad she made that choice.

If Taryn really does look at Idolforums: "Hi Taryn, I know you slayed the sh*t out of Cry and your BA and Battle songs. We are here to vote for you when the time comes and to send you to the finale and win. Slay them all Queen!" If somehow she sees this lol. :ph34rwave:

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 5
21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She did wish Faith Happy Birthday today. She’s not against giving hints. 

Rjvqd8s.jpg

And at the perfect timing for her KO lol. Will be aired in November but still, Taryn will always remember the slayage of her vocal performance on Faith's 53rd birthday.

Also at this point, people know here that Taryn is a contestant on this show, so I added her to my sig. She's the only one worthy this season(no shade to yall's other favs if you have other ones)

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2