Taryn Papa Fan Thread

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I like to try to figure out their range, so took a listen to just a few of the covers (live only) that have been posted before. I didn’t listen to all of them, so I might be missing a low note, but definitely not the high one. She hit F3 for her low in “All I Want For Christmas” and in “Independence Day,” and and F6 in that short  “Everybody Dance Now” clip. She was just a couple notes below that in “All I Want For Christmas is You” with a D6 Flat, so I know that isn’t a fluke. So, we know that she has a minimum of 3 octaves, and can most likely go lower. Her lower register is superb. I don’t know that she could go higher than F6, though, and she doesn’t need to go that high anyway. Basically, there aren’t any country songs I can think of of the top of my head that are out of her range. 

Perhaps with this information, maybe going a little Faith Hill will do some good work? "Cry" or "There You'll Be" I suggest, and it can bring the emotion out in her. Taryn doesn't need to hold back for the audience, she can prove she is a supreme vocalist with projecting her emotion as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The slayage was too much to handle and had to be rebooted. Okay idk, but at least its back up!    

DARN Taryn, She's gonna slay the full song into oblivion. I seriously hear that Faith in her more now. What a vocalist this woman is.

First look from Taryn's IG. Also Happy Birthday to Taryn! Turning 31 years old today and still slaying!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Perhaps with this information, maybe going a little Faith Hill will do some good work? "Cry" or "There You'll Be" I suggest, and it can bring the emotion out in her. Taryn doesn't need to hold back for the audience, she can prove she is a supreme vocalist with projecting her emotion as well.

Faith has a powerful lower register too. I haven’t liked any of the versions of “Cry” performed on the show, but maybe she could pull that off. I wish we knew which Martina song she sang for her blind. If it’s “Anyway,” it tops out at D6, which is way up there. They don’t always like to sing at the top of their range, and I don’t blame them. 

• Like 1

Honestly, my biggest concern is her being paired with the trio. Not that she can’t outsing them, but sometimes the show or the coaches make decisions based on things other than singing ability, and this will be the second time they’ve tried to make a trio work. I’ve never even liked duos on the show, let alone trios. 

Another concern is Blake (or TPTB) thinking it’s a conflict of interest, and giving her away to another coach, or just deciding that she doesn’t fit their narrative for the season. 

Anyway, the biggest thing that stands out to me in this photo is that her Ole Red shows in March were every Friday night from 6:30-10:00. That is prime time. Ole Red management must think highly of her.  That means when she’s performing, people stay. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 6
12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She hit F3 for her low in “All I Want For Christmas” and in “Independence Day,” and and F6 in that short  “Everybody Dance Now” clip. She was just a couple notes below that in “All I Want For Christmas is You” with a D6 Flat, so I know that isn’t a fluke. So, we know she has a minimum of 3 octaves, and can most likely go lower. Her lower register is superb. 

WOW!!! Amazing Thank you for sharing it I didn't know that. And that F6 note is really high and not far away from the whistle notes(only three notes lower) and I think she can go even higher and SLAY  those high notes as well.

Lol now I understand why kept saying that Jim is not the only powerhouse on Team Blake And also you compare her with Alison but she can even outsing Alison as well(Alison can't sing in the 6th octave), Taryn is in her own league.

@QueenMae16 nailed it when she said QUEEN ALREADY.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
25 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

WOW!!! Amazing Thank you for sharing it I didn't know that. And that F6 note is really high and not far away from the whistle notes(only three notes lower) and I think she can go even higher and SLAY  those high notes as well.

Lol now I understand why kept saying that Jim is not the only powerhouse on Team Blake And also you compare her with Alison but she can even outsing Alison as well(Alison can't sing in the 6th octave), Taryn is in her own league.

@QueenMae16 nailed it when she said QUEEN ALREADY.

First off, I’m not advocating Taryn sing at the top of her range on the show. She needs to do what she’s comfortable with, and I have a hunch she’s looking to back off a little, like she did in her spectacular cover of “Three.” But, she did sing a Martina song for her blind, so we’ll see. 

Alisan actually can sing in the 6th octave. She just didn’t do it on the show. There’s lots of evidence out there. She has a ridiculous range. However,  I prefer her voice when she stays in the lower and middle parts of her range, as she does in her recent country album. For example....

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

First off, I’m not advocating Taryn sing at the top of her range on the show. She needs to do what she’s comfortable with, and I have a hunch she’s looking to back off a little, like she did in her spectacular cover of “Three.” But, she did sing a Martina song for her blind, so we’ll see. 

Alisan actually can sing in the 6th octave. She just didn’t do it on the show. There’s lots of evidence out there. She has a ridiculous range. However,  I prefer her voice when she stays in the lower and middle parts of her range, as she does in her recent country album. For example....

You're right Taryn doesn't need to show off her massive range she can sing pleasently and beautifully and it will still be amazing.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I wish we knew which Martina song she sang for her blind.

It seems like she sang Martina’s Independence Day in past shows, so I’d say that it’s pretty likely that she sang that for her blind audition. I hope she sang Anyway though. 🤞

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It seems like she sang Martina’s Independence Day in past shows, so I’d say that it’s pretty likely that she sang that for her blind audition. I hope she sang Anyway though. 🤞

Well, she was her favorite artist growing up, so I think that opens up the entire song book, but I’m hoping for “Anyway” as well. 

• Like 2

Taryn posted a clip of “Walkaway Joe” by Trisha Yearwood on her IG story. Maybe a song choice clue for tomorrow’s performance? 🙃

Actually, she has a lot of vocal similarities to Trisha Yearwood, and I would welcome that song choice. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Yeah, I’ve know about this since last night. That pairing was my biggest fear. 3 against 1 is ridiculous. I was told it was an even battle, and that Taryn has a great voice. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
17 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

She has great chances though, so as long as TPTB does not bus her with poor song choice. Still hoping she'll reach the live rounds.

Yeah, I agree. Seems like we just went through the same thing with Joanna last season. 

• Like 1

When the time comes we vote for her, if she really did as great as she did in the Blinds and Battles, she'll have a good shot at making it through the 4-way KO. Depends on the song though, if Blake cares enough, he'll help her as best he can.

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

When the time comes we vote for her, if she really did as great as she did in the Blinds and Battles, she'll have a good shot at making it through the 4-way KO. Depends on the song though, if Blake cares enough, he'll help her as best he can.

Blake already showed his hand, and even Kelly was throwing shade. Not a good sign. 

• Sad 1

Guess we're gonna have to wait and watch the battle, but initially I'm pretty disappointed in Blake for even putting her in that position.  Didn't see it coming, with their connection and all.

I should have learned by know that it's really hard to predict anything on this show.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Guess we're gonna have to wait and watch the battle, but initially I'm pretty disappointed in Blake for even putting her in that position.  Didn't see it coming, with their connection and all.

I should have learned by know that it's really hard to predict anything on this show.

I don’t even think groups should be allowed on the Voice in the first place. Notice how the “Voice” is not plural. 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 1