Jump to content

Taryn Papa Fan Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The slayage was too much to handle and had to be rebooted. Okay idk, but at least its back up!    

First look from Taryn's IG. Also Happy Birthday to Taryn! Turning 31 years old today and still slaying!

Taryn is coming.... and she'll blow Ian and Jim out of the water with her voice of course. Weather she gets the votes or not, we'll enjoy her journey as far as it takes her.

Posted (edited)

A few years ago, Taryn was on a show called American Supergroup. I’ve never watched it, but they take 25 finalists from around the country, and form 5 bands for the competition. In this round, they had to write a a song and perform it in front of a panel of judges. Once the dude starts singing at the beginning of the song, be patient. Taryn takes the lead about 1:20 into the song. Her vocal power really stands out. Perhaps if they would have let her sing the entire time, they might have won the show. Honestly, the song they wrote isn’t very good, though. 
 

The concept behind this show seems a little messy. I don’t know how you force 5 random musicians together, and expect it to work. They definitely didn’t need two lead singers. 
 

 


When I googled it, this tweet popped up. 
 

 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2020 at 8:45 PM, VintageVoice said:

Okay, so I'm not crazy for thinking there's a lot of vocal similarities between Taryn and Lauren - that's probably what's drawing me to Taryn.


Comparisons are hard, and Lauren has a special tone (probably my favorite tone in the history of the show) but she isn’t a powerhouse, while Taryn clearly is. If I’m limited to Voice artists, maybe a mixture of Lauren and Alisan? Similar range as Alisan with a richer tone, like Lauren. As for non-Voice artists, just pick from a number of female powerhouses...Carrie, Faith, Martina. She’s in that league, vocally, IMO. There are a lot of people like her, who aren’t signed to major labels, who can outsing everyone currently being played on country radio (not a hard feat, with the exception of maybe Carrie).  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Taryn and her band did a number of live shows, on Facebook, in the weeks that followed the COVID shutdowns in Nashville. I will watch each one, and post the songs covered. Below, is the first streaming show, from March 21st. It’s split up into two videos, because she had to take a phone call. 
 

They basically took requests from Facebook viewers, and in some cases, either Taryn and/or the band had to work it out on the fly, because they didn’t know the song very well. They probably do that during their live gigs too.
 

Again, this one is split into two videos. In between the songs, there’s a lot of talking and interacting with Facebook viewers. 
 

4:00 “When Will I Be Loved” - Linda Ronstadt

7:35 “Jolene” (“funky” version) - Dolly Parton

14:40 “Independence Day” - Martina McBride 

23:50 “Hey Bartender” - Lady Antebellum 

 

1:40 “Cowboy Take Me Away” - Dixie Chicks 

8:55 “I Will Survive” - Gloria Gaynor 

21:35 “Rhiannon” - Fleetwood Mac

31:00 “Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue” - Toby Keith 

37:00 “Blue Ain’t Your Color” - Keith Urban 

44:20 “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” - Whitney Houston 
 


 

 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame that two of those songs have already been taken in the blinds - though "Cowboy Take Me Away" might work well for her on the show, since I suspect she's going to be near-exclusively country during her time under Blake.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Shame that two of those songs have already been taken in the blinds - though "Cowboy Take Me Away" might work well for her on the show, since I suspect she's going to be near-exclusively country during her time under Blake.


There are a lot more where that came from. I think they did six of these online shows. She sang “Landslide” in another one I skipped through. She didn’t know the song very well, to the point where she had to read the lyrics off her iPad while singing it. She freaking killed it! I’ll be disappointed if she doesn’t sing that on the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Live shows will be in December. If she wants to sing seasonal song, I wouldn’t be opposed to this. It worked out fine for Jordan. This version is 3:40, and sort of drags on in a couple spots, but they would obviously have to trim it down anyway. It’s a good song to highlight her tone and power without have to reach for some ridiculous notes.

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Live shows will be in December. If she wants to sing seasonal song, I wouldn’t be opposed to this. It worked out fine for Jordan. This version is 3:40, and sort of drags on in a couple spots, but they would obviously have to trim it down anyway. It’s a good song to highlight her tone and power without have to reach for some ridiculous notes.

 

 

OMG, I love this song! 😍 Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to here her version of it! 😁

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m starting to work my way into listening to her originals. Honestly, these are more pop and rock than country, but it’s definitely in line with what’s being played on the radio these days. These are good enough to get airplay. She really has a beast of a voice. Both songs are from her EP from 2016. This is pretty much in the Carrie lane. 
 

 

 

 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s another. This is basically a pop song, but a pretty good pop song, honestly. If they can play Maren Morris, they can play this. I don’t think she’ll go in this direction on the show, but this is the dilemma country singers face. What’s popular on the show isn’t popular on the radio, and vice versa. 
 

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m starting to work my way into listening to her originals. Honestly, these are more pop and rock than country, but it’s definitely in line with what’s being played on the radio these days. These are good enough to get airplay. She really has a beast of a voice. Both songs are from her EP from 2016. This is pretty much in the Carrie lane. 
 

 

 

 

 

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s another. This is basically a pop song, but a pretty good pop song, honestly. If they can play Maren Morris, they can play this. I don’t think she’ll go in this direction on the show, but this is the dilemma country singers face. What’s popular on the show isn’t popular on the radio, and vice versa. 
 

 

 

 

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

This one is from 2019. That’s a good message, and a pretty good song. 
 

 

I can’t wait to listen to these! :ohyeah: Thanks for posting them. 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those originals are killer, she's going to be tough to beat within her team.

 

Also the Carrie comparison is pretty apt if rather bold - I got to see Carrie live last summer and she was fantastic, and Taryn's combination of tone and power is pretty similar in her live recordings (not identical, but if Minivan takes to her she will be a threat once voting starts).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Those originals are killer, she's going to be tough to beat within her team.

 

Also the Carrie comparison is pretty apt if rather bold - I got to see Carrie live last summer and she was fantastic, and Taryn's combination of tone and power is pretty similar in her live recordings (not identical, but if Minivan takes to her she will be a threat once voting starts).


Yeah, I’ve been listening to her EP this morning. Full disclosure: I’ve been critical of pop songs being passed off as country over the years. That said, she’s been trying to make it in Nashville for 7 years, and if you look at the videos in her gigs, you see mostly people in their 20s. Regardless of my pre-existing biases, these songs are good, and her voice makes them even better. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Darn it I can't resist anymore! She's one of the only original artists and powerful vocalists in the upcoming S19! Add me please!

Queen already, and better win with Blake cause I swear if another generic R&B male wins over her I-

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Darn it I can't resist anymore! She's one of the only original artists and powerful vocalists in the upcoming S19! Add me please!

Queen already, and better win with Blake cause I swear if another generic R&B male wins over her I-


Done!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

She's one of the only original artists and powerful vocalists in the upcoming S19!

Thank you! That is what I love about her the most! 😊

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I don’t recall seeing this on her channel before, but here’s a Christina Aguilera cover from 2011, which is before she moved to Nashville. This is a good cover. 
 

 

I wouldn’t be surprised if she intends to dabble outside of her genre, because she clearly does that a lot in her shows, and in some of her covers. However, Lauren wanted to do that too, but Blake kept her squarely in the country lane. He doesn’t like watering down the genre too much, for this show’s audience. Christina Aguilera songs will definitely be off the table, assuming he wants her to do well with votes. 
 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t recall seeing this on her channel before, but here’s a Christina Aguilera cover from 2011, which is before she moved to Nashville. This is a good cover. 
 

 

I wouldn’t be surprised if she intends to dabble outside of her genre, because she clearly does that a lot in her shows, and in some of her covers. However, Lauren wanted to do that too, but Blake kept her squarely in the country lane. He doesn’t like watering down the genre too much, for this show’s audience. Christina Aguilera songs will definitely be off the table, assuming he wants her to do well with votes. 
 

Holy crap! That rendition is amazing and outsold all TVUS covers PERIODT. Yeah though, Blake isn't letting her risk herself cause that would injure her for sure. But it would be a slayer 😍

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I like to try to figure out their range, so I took a listen to just a few of the covers (live only) that have been posted here. I didn’t listen to all of them, so I might be missing a low note, but definitely not the high one. She hit F3 for her low in “All I Want For Christmas” and in “Independence Day,” and and F6 in that short  “Everybody Dance Now” clip. She was just a couple notes below that in “All I Want For Christmas is You” with a D6 Flat, so I know that isn’t a fluke. So, we know she has a minimum of 3 octaves, and can most likely go lower. Her lower register is superb. I don’t know that she could go higher than F6, though, and she doesn’t need to go that high anyway. Basically, there aren’t any country songs I can think off the top of my head that are out of her range. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...