idolforums.com
TeamAudra

Taryn Papa Fan Thread

Posted (edited)

Most of the videos she’s posted on Facebook over the years highlight the audience, rather than her, which speaks volumes about where her focus is. Her shows are extremely interactive. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Most of the videos she’s posted on Facebook over the years highlight the audience, rather than her, which speaks volumes about where her focus is. Her shows are extremely interactive. 

Her shows do seem very fun and interactive! 😁 It seems she really shines on a stage, so hopefully she gets to be on one this season. 🤞

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Her shows do seem very fun and interactive! 😁 It seems she really shines on a stage, so hopefully she gets to be on one this season. 🤞

It really does suck for her that she won’t have an in studio audience. I’m sure can adjust, but her stage presence is a huge potential advantage for her, and it will be somewhat diminished without people to interact with. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It really does suck for her that she won’t have an in studio audience. I’m sure can adjust, but her stage presence is a huge potential advantage for her, and it will be somewhat diminished without people to interact with. 

I’m sure she’ll still be amazing, but it won’t be the “full” Taryn experience. 😕

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2020 at 2:53 PM, Bk1234 said:

I am definitely a fan! 😁 I just watched her cover of Three and I love it! ❤️ 

I know I’ve listened to that album a few times, but it’s been a while, so I had forgotten about this song. No disrespect to Lauren Alaina (I like her) but listen to both versions back to back. Taryn’s is better, and it’s not close.  I would still avoid  cover a few of the divas (well, she already covered Martina for her blind, but it’s not a voting round), but she could go in a number of different directions. She could even use the Lauren Duski strategy, and cover little known songs from 30 years ago. They have to be really good songs, though. Lauren’s first good song in the lives was “Ghost in this House. The ones preceding that were questionable at best. Covering Faith Hill, Martina, Reba, Carrie, etc would be risky, even though she’s more than capable. Blake knows that. She could even do this song, even though 99% of the audience wouldn’t recognize it (maybe not in a voting round. I don’t know.). Either way, it’s a great song 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

(well, she already covered Martina for her blind, but it’s not a voting round),

What Martina song do you think she covered? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

What Martina song do you think she covered? 

Hopefully not one of the obvious choices, but regardless, I’m sure she killed it. I can’t find any Martina covers online, but my guess is she’s covered a bunch of them. Martina was her favorite artist as a kid, and maybe still is for all I know. 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Hopefully not one of the obvious choices, but regardless, I’m sure she killed it. I can’t find any Martina covers online, but my guess is she’s covered a bunch of them. Martina was her favorite artist as a kid, and maybe still is for all I know. 

Well at least we know she has flawless taste.

• Like 3

I’m listening to some Martina right now. Of her popular songs, I would choose this one. It’s a really big song, but I think Taryn has the pipes to handle it. It’s perfect. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m listening to some Martina right now. Of her popular songs, I would choose this one. It’s a really big song, but I think Taryn has the pipes to handle it. It’s perfect. 

I'm hoping she sang Anyway as well. I think it would show off her massive range very well! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I'm hoping she sang Anyway as well. I think it would show off her massive range very well! 

Yeah, the lyrics too. Perfect for a singing competition. Perfect for the times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Taryn is a badass....

This makes me love her even more! :wub:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This makes me love her even more! :wub:

At the same time, some of things the labels said to her, well....that’s just sad. But, not surprising in Nashville, unfortunately.  At least she’s been able to stay busy, and make a living, unlike  thousands of others in that city, who are chasing the same dream. As long as she can continue to perform like we’ve seen in those videos, she will be in demand. . 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

At the same time, some of things the labels said to her, well....that’s just sad. But, not surprising in Nashville, unfortunately.  At least she’s been able to stay busy, and make a living, unlike  thousands of others in that city, who are chasing the same dream. As long as she can continue to perform like we’ve seen in those videos, she will be in demand. . 

Yeah, what those labels said is just so wrong... Hopefully, the Voice will give her the exposure she needs to catch the labels’ attentions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Taryn is a badass....

That's awesome.  Really great attitude about the whole thing.  Having financial success at one's career and having your heart be truly full doing what you do don't always coincide.  It's good to know she's happy.

She's quite attractive too...I wonder what effect that will have on Minivan.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ATX29 said:

That's awesome.  Really great attitude about the whole thing.  Having financial success at one's career and having your heart be truly full doing what you do don't always coincide.  It's good to know she's happy.

She's quite attractive too...I wonder what effect that will have on Minivan.

Yeah, good question, but she can’t worry about that. Since she’s with Blake, it’s probably OK. It might even help. Contestants have to stand out among the crowd in the early rounds. Everything matters. They only get to do this once. Might as well throw the kitchen sink. 

They must be filming something today. #TooHotForMinivan

Z2236PV.jpg

K0j4B16.jpg

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They must be filming something today. #TooHotForMinivan

I wonder what/if they’re filming? 🤔 Maybe team photos? 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I wonder what/if they’re filming? 🤔 Maybe team photos? 

Team photos seems like the most likely thing.

Btw before I forget - someone add me, it's been a minute since there's been a female country artist that I found myself enjoying in the show's cast.

• Like 2

I'm excited to see her on the show. The last time I rooted for a female country singer was when Lauren Duski was there. Taryn reminds me a lot about Lauren. She has this voice that I would like to listen to the radio.

• Like 2

I posted this in the spoiler thread but not here yet. I wish the audio was a little better, but it’s good enough to tell she killed this.

“Sweet Child O’ Mine” 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I'm excited to see her on the show. The last time I rooted for a female country singer was when Lauren Duski was there. Taryn reminds me a lot about Lauren. She has this voice that I would like to listen to the radio.

Okay, so I'm not crazy for thinking there's a lot of vocal similarities between Taryn and Lauren - that's probably what's drawing me to Taryn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Team photos seems like the most likely thing.

Btw before I forget - someone add me, it's been a minute since there's been a female country artist that I found myself enjoying in the show's cast.

Added!

• Like 1