What acts shouldn’t have gotten a chair turn

LukeB1219

Although he improved a lot, Michael Williams' blind was not deserving of a chair turn

he also stole Samantha's spot at POs :( (honestly I feel like he did much better than before in his KO, but the reason it was so impressive is because he set such a low standard before, while Samantha's performances were great the whole time)

Edited by ashwinner
  • Sad 1

I was shocked to find out Erin Martin wasn't a one-chair turn. Not that she deserved one to begin with.

Jamal Corrie's tone is so grating and that performance was pitchy as hell, IDK what Blake was thinking.

Levi Watkins wasn't as bad as Jamal, but he def sounded like a no-chair to me.

Some others: Steve Memmolo, Talon Cardon

• Tate and Levi both suffered from being under 18; changing voices make navigating a highly-public competition like this even harder before you remember how many artists they go up against are twice their age. Had they both waited a few years to audition, I'd be more likely to keep them off my list, but they both have to go here just because I don't think either was quite ready vocally. Jamal's just...yeah.
  • Hello Sunday worked as a duo because one's strengths balanced the other's weaker areas, but the biggest issue was that they picked giant songs that exposed both sets of weaknesses and rarely showcased either's strengths. Had they had another 2-3 years (or each going in solo) as well as better song selection, they could've been more consistent and a less controversial addition to the top 13.
  • Talon Cardon's battle round voice crack haunts my dreams.
  • Tyke James wasn't as bad as some on the list, but he wasn't worth a coach save over others on Team Adam (RADHA or Kameron Marlowe)
  • Eric Lyn was probably the weakest link of a very strong season.
  • Alex Kandel got two turns and I still don't know how.
  • Tanner Linford and Justin Johnes are two that I don't understand and Blake pitted them against each other, which turned out about how you'd expect.
  • Erin Martin got mentioned upthread and apparently her personality matched her voice (according to her battle partners). 
Edited by VintageVoice
Forgot a word

Stephan Marcellus' Take Me to Church was a surprising chair turn after messing up and forgetting the lyrics at the start, glad J-Hud turned bc he really was great when he battled Shi'Ann on the battles (that's why JHUD is my favorite coach, she just sees potential and she's really good at coaching)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Stephan Marcellus' Take Me to Church was a surprising chair turn after messing up and forgetting the lyrics at the start, glad J-Hud turned bc he really was great when he battled Shi'Ann on the battles (that's why JHUD is my favorite coach, she just sees potential and she's really good at coaching)

I actually think he deserved a chair. Despite the stumble at the beginning, he was good the rest of the performance 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B-B said:

I actually think he deserved a chair. Despite the stumble at the beginning, he was good the rest of the performance 

In his shoes, if I'd f---ed up my blind audition the way he did, there's no way I'd have gotten it together enough to keep going, so kudos to him for that. Still surprising that didn't prevent the chair turn, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...