Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
realityshownerd

S19 Pre-Show Predictions

Pre-Show Predictions  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will have the winning artist?

    • Team Kelly
      15
    • Team Gwen
      6
    • Team Blake
      7
    • Team Legend
      13
  2. 2. Which team will not be represented in the finals?

    • Gwen
      9
    • Kelly
      3
    • John
      5
    • Blake
      3
    • All will be represented
      16
  3. 3. Which coach’s team will TPTB pimp (favorable spots, leaks, etc.)

    • Gwen
      15
    • Kelly
      1
    • Blake
      3
    • John
      6
    • All teams will be pimped of some sort
      9
    • No team will be pimped.
      2


Recommended Posts

Team Kelly or Team Legend will likely win (since Blake just won), all of them will likely make the finale, and pimping could go any way (I feel like TPTB might push for Gwen or John because they've had the fewest wins, but it really depends on what artists go where - I picked "all" in the poll).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Since there´s no new coach, I have no idea where the pimping´s gonna go to. They didn´t pimp Gwen that much in her return to the show on S17, but I feel they might go for Kelly or John since they literally did team quotas last season for them to not get shunned out of the finale. Blake´s probably not getting any help whatsoever, and I feel like the "no one picks Blake" skit might return this season since they love to rip him off when Gwen´s there.

 

 I´m curious to see who has the strongest team this season. After Legend´s big mistakes in the last couple of seasons, I would expect contestants to learn their lesson, yet I still feel he might get the strongest, full of 4 chairs team again.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Archanium said:

I want a Gwen win, but I predict it would be a Blake win.

Yes here ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆, but no here ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but this is pointless without even knowing the contestants or teams. Where that’s “jumping the gun” gif when we need it? 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

 I´m curious to see who has the strongest team this season. After Legend´s big mistakes in the last couple of seasons, I would expect contestants to learn their lesson, yet I still feel he might get the strongest, full of 4 chairs team again.

Something something EGOT winner... there's a draw with that but with his goofs that might deter a couple of the three and four-chairs (probably none of the two-chairs he gets and he rarely gets one-chairs).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Which team will have the winning artist?

Either Kelly or Blake. Most likely Kelly. 

 

2. Which team won't be represented in the finals? 

Paraphrasing my good friend ATX29: In these types of polls, anytime Team Gwen is an option, Team Gwen is the right answer.

 

3. Which team will TPTB pimp

Kelly and Blake don't need much pimping so I guess we're gonna have a pimped fake frontrunner on team Gwen this time (since Team John already got a fake frontrunner during season 17).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Sorry, but this is pointless without even knowing the contestants or teams. Where that’s “jumping the gun” gif when we need it? 

this thread isn't for people to correctly predict everything, it's just to have some discussion about S19 before spoilers come out. you don't have to follow the thread if you don't like it.

 

With that out of the way, I think that Gwen will be pimped because she will likely need it imo. I think that John will have the 4 chair full team like usual, and I hope that either Gwen/Kelly wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With the caliber of a team that John has, it almost seems impossible for him to miss the finale. If he somehow screws it and doesn´t, I don´t know what to tell you. He has freaking Tamara, John H , Cami, Julia, Rio Souma, and Sid. That is an army. And we are still missing some artists.

 

Kelly has Deez, who apparently brought the house down with her audition, and I can see the audience being drawn to her more delicate style, as opposed to the firecraker vibe that other divas, like Tamara, bring to the table. It will be interesting to see which of the two lasts the longest. Not to mention, TPTB will want Kelly in the finale after she finished 5th last season.

 

Blake has Jim, a powerful singer that will perhaps be the main snowflake killer of the season, and Taryn, a seasoned artist who has a connection with him. Out of the two, I´m betting Jim to go further though. Either way, Blake will be represented in the finale either way.

 

Team Gwen has some interesting artists, but overall as a whole, her team is definitely the weakest so far. I don´t know how the public will react to them since she doesn´t have anyone that screams"frontrunner" like the other 3 (Even though Liam St John is one of my favorites so far). She had Rose on S17 and she still had to be IS to the finale, it wouldn´t surprise me if she´s out of the running.

Edited by Misirlou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim is pretty good, but two country adjacent pastor winners in a row? Even with this audience, I’m having a hard time seeing it, especially since Jake Hoot won the season before. I also don’t think he has as much charisma as Todd, and he’s not from a Bible Belt state. 
 

Now that I said that, watch him win. My early predictions usually suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

With the caliber of a team that John has, it almost seems impossible for him to miss the finale. If he somehow screws it and doesn´t, I don´t know what to tell you. He has freaking Tamara, John H , Cami, Julia, Rio Souma, and Sid. That is an army. And we are still missing some artists.

 

Kelly has Deez, who apparently brought the house down with her audition, and I can see the audience being drawn to her more delicate style, as opposed to the firecraker vibe that other divas, like Tamara, bring to the table. It will be interesting to see which of the two lasts the longest. Not to mention, TPTB will want Kelly in the finale after she finished 5th last season.

 

Blake has Jim, a powerful singer that will perhaps be the main snowflake killer of the season, and Taryn, a seasoned artist who has a connection with him. Out of the two, I´m betting Jim to go further though. Either way, Blake will be represented in the finale either way.

 

Team Gwen has some interesting artists, but overall as a whole, her team is definitely the weakest so far. I don´t know how the public will react to them since she doesn´t have anyone that screams"frontrunner" like the other 3 (Even though Liam St John is one of my favorites so far). She had Rose on S17 and she still had to be IS to the finale, it wouldn´t surprise me if she´s out of the running.

Agreed with all of this!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyone change their mind after seeing the spoilers? 

Not even a little bit.

 

We don't have a particularly unique/dangerous contestant so far and, imo, this usually means easy votes for popular coaches like Kelly and Blake. 

Edited by echoap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Jim is pretty good, but two country adjacent pastor winners in a row? Even with this audience, I’m having a hard time seeing it, especially since Jake Hoot won the season before. I also don’t think he has as much charisma as Todd, and he’s not from a Bible Belt state. 
 

Now that I said that, watch him win. My early predictions usually suck. 

It´s unsure whether he´ll win, but he´ll definitely make some damage. When Blake has a powerful weapón, he holds on to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s unsure whether he´ll win, but he´ll definitely make some damage. When Blake has a powerful weapón, he holds on to it.


If both Jim and Taryn make the lives, it will be a situation where both of them easily make it through every round, and  Blake will have no clue which one is getting the most votes (neither will we, even though we’ll think we do). Taryn is good enough to win, but there’s also potential for her to not get credit for how good she is because of her age and level of experience. Jim is older than her, but there’s a clear double standard on this. There will be minivan faithful who hate her on the show, but would love her at one of her shows in Nashville, since she wouldn’t be a threat to their snowflake in that environment. 

 

I’m not ready to make a firm prediction. These are just random thoughts. I’ll need to see at least a couple rounds first. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Clearly Blake and Kelly do not need pimping so that leaves John and Gwen.

 

My best guess is Gwen gets it because imo she has the weaker team.

Edited by ATX29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on season 14, Kelly always won in every season where we have 2 females coaches in the panel 👀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Started on season 14, Kelly always won in every season where we have 2 females coaches in the panel 👀 

These mean nothing

Before Kelly, no one won a fall season other than Adam and Blake, no rookie coach won, no coach other than Blake won with a country artist. And that was 13 seasons, this one is based on only three

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, antikid said:

These mean nothing

Before Kelly, no one won a fall season other than Adam and Blake, no rookie coach won, no coach other than Blake won with a country artist. And that was 13 seasons, this one is based on only three

I think they were (at least somewhat) joking 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, antikid said:

These mean nothing

Before Kelly, no one won a fall season other than Adam and Blake, no rookie coach won, no coach other than Blake won with a country artist. And that was 13 seasons, this one is based on only three

 

I kinda wrote that as a fun fact, not a serious fact that needs to be taken seriously lmao, but hey, maybe time After Kelly will be different than Before Kelly :haha:

 

And technically, it's based on 5 seasons, S16 and S18 are needed to support the claim.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...