idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of Weedy Speedy

Weedy's X Factor UK Season 11 - 15 Watch Thread

Posted (edited)

I loved Mary's IAMMMW but I could never get into her that much after that. A prime example of peaking too soon, imo. I still would have had her in the finale though out of the remaining options.

TreyC aged poorly for me as well. She was throaty and shrieky at times. 

Surprisingly, Matt was my favorite of the season. Yes he was a WGWG but had some great performances like TFTEISYF (which is missing from your list), NIWS, and GYBR. Rebecca went up on rewatch though and she would be a close second. 

I also didn't mind Wagner as much as I would have in a different season, because he didn't outlast anyone I particularly liked. TreyC yes but that was easy to see coming and I blame Kuntie for that. :haha:  

Edited by ~Tom~

27 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I loved Mary's IAMMMW but I could never get into her that much after that. A prime example of peaking too soon, imo. I still would have had her in the finale though out of the remaining options.

TreyC aged poorly for me as well. She was throaty and shrieky at times. 

Surprisingly, Matt was my favorite of the season. Yes he was a WGWG but had some great performances like TFTEISYF (which is missing from your list), NIWS, and GYBR. Rebecca went up on rewatch though and she would be a close second. 

I also didn't mind Wagner as much as I would have in a different season, because he didn't outlast anyone I particularly liked. TreyC yes but that was easy to see coming and I blame Kuntie for that. :haha:  

That's a shame, at least you agree that she deserved to be in the final.

Yeah, definitely agree about Treyc. A shame because I liked her quite a bit back in the day.

Meh, again the only Matt performance I loved was NIWS. He had a few more in the 60s for me, but as for TFTEISYF, I have never liked that song and nobody has ever made me enjoy it. If anything that performance ranks for me as one of his whiniest. :ph34rwave: GYBR I remember being great but it fell flat for me this go-around. I may have been in a bad mood due to it being surrounded by so much crap on that night, though. I legit got a migraine that lasted for hours from watching Elton John night.

I'm in two minds with Wagner. Yes, at the end of the day Weasel is the true robber of Treyc/Aiden but if Wagner hadn't been so feverishly supported, he may have ranked below them and acted as the scapegoat so they could stick around, since Weasel obviously wasn't going anywhere unfortunately. He was 3rd-to-last in the vote the weeks Treyc/Aiden went home so yeah, it just irritates me. In hindsight I can live with Treyc going when she did, but Aiden had more to give to the competition imo.

Season 8 is the perfect antidote following season 7 for me. One of my least favorite series followed by what's probably the best.

2 Shoes - I loved them lmao, they were a lot of fun and also the only group of the season that actually auditioned together. Their "Something Kinda Oooh" performance is a definite guilty pleasure, so camp and gay with all the half-naked male dancers. What's not to like? :wub: It was actually my favorite performance from all the groups in week 1, The Risk were technically "better" I guess but who cares. Tulisa definitely made a lot of questionable decisions when she was on the panel (moreso in season 9) but cutting 2 Shoes in favor of No Vibe was an early example. They wouldn't have lasted much longer, but I would've been happy with at least a couple more performances.

Jonjo Kerr - The obvious weak link of the Overs, and the only week 1 cut that I personally agreed with. He was so bad even Louis had no interest in him returning to the competition in week 6 lmao. "I think it's gonna be: Amelia Lily!" :wub: 

James Michael - I remember liking him in the pre-lives, but the clips they showed of his audition/judges' houses during his VTs didn't really impress me with this watch. His voice was weak and whiny, but he was cute and better than Frankie. I would say he should've survived, but Frankie being a **** allowed Amelia to return to the competition, so James doesn't even have that going for him. :haha: Too bad.

Nu Vibe - Slightly better than I remember in retrospect, but there was another boyband that wiped the floor with them vocally. Should've survived over Frankie, but again, Amelia is far superior to all of them. Sucks to stuck.

Sami Brookes - A bit underrated, people must have forgotten her "Free" performance which was very, very good. I don't think Louis had any interest in working with another belter so soon after Mary, though (plus Sami wasn't Irish), so she got saddled with poor song choices once the public vote began and went home once she hit the bottom 2 with Kitty. It was the correct result, as Kitty was better in that sing-off and shouldn't have hit the bottom 2 in the first place. Still, really good voice.

Sophie Habibis - I literally give no craps about her, lol. She was an early example in a long line of female contestants who sat around giving lifeless performances of endless ballads and getting a pass for having a ~unique voice~ and I was just over that contestant trope from the very beginning. Her "Teenage Dream" was actually quite mediocre imo, and I do legitimately believe Amelia gave the superior performance on week 1. Sophie's subsequent performances were improvements over TD, but I think the judges/public realized that she was a one trick pony and she served as a good scapegoat for Misha to survive that stupid bullying scandal. With the Janet/Misha B2 Kelly ~couldn't possibly decide~ yet she proceeded to not give a sh*t to can Sophie. :haha: Pretty funny in retrospect.

The Risk - Or as I like to refer to them, Frankenstein: The Group. Lmao Tulisa endlessly shuffled people in and out of this group, it was literally a revolving door. According to TV Tropes they were originally a 5-piece, and Tulisa cut 2 of them at Judges' Houses and replaced him with Charlie from The Keys. Then on week 4 or so Ashley decides to leave the band and he gets replaced with Ashford from Nu Vibe. The judges/production put a lot of effort into making The Risk happen, but they ended up with the short end of the stick during the double elimination and were shockingly eliminated. I think the constant shuffling of band members caused the public to disconnect from them, I know that's how a lot of groups are put together irl but that usually doesn't happen with the public watching. For me, Charlie was always the star, he was the best male singer in the season after Marcus and I really didn't care who has backup singers were. So, I would've just put The Keys through and not bothered with all the Risk nonsense. Given all who was left, I would've had them last slightly longer, but given the trajectory of their final 2 performances their elimination isn't too much of a surprise in retrospect.

Johnny Robinson - I loved Johnny, he was the token "joke act" but he was a joke who could legitimately sing. Whether his singing is what you enjoy hearing, I guess that's an acquired taste lmao, but there's no denying his technical ability. I loved "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and his clapbacks towards Gary were brilliant. Gary: "You're dressed up like a genie!" Johnny: "You can rub my lamp anytime, Gary!" :rofl: Gary: "Where did you get that outfit?" Johnny: "It came from your wardrobe!" :lmao: Just amazing. I don't think Johnny ever had a bad performance, his worst was probably "Hung Up"/"You Spin Me Round" but even then that was better than a lot of contestant's best. He even sang brilliantly in the sing-off and I have mixed feelings on whether I would've kept him over Kitty. Someone told me that Louis was finally gonna dress Johnny in drag on Queen/Lady Gaga night, and that would've been amazing, so I'm sad we lost out on that. :( Hopefully he's still camping it up in his drag persona and showing the baby gays how it's done.

Frankie Cokeupthesnozza - Honestly just copy/paste the write-up Elliott wrote for him in the XF rankdown, he put it into words better than I could.

Kitty Brucknell - At first I thought Kitty was gonna be the second coming of the Weasel, so imagine my surprise when the competition started and we all found out that Kitty was actually a brilliant singer. Her personality was a little much at times ("I want to light myself on fire!") but I suppose at the end of the day, it was all part of her charm. "It's Oh So Quiet" was definitely her best performance, with "Sweet Dreams" coming at a very close second. I also really enjoyed "Like a Prayer". She didn't deserve to land in the bottom 2 so often, but the public outright refused to warm up to her. :( At least she had the judges on her side, and they pulled her through as far as they possibly could. I call foul on the "Don't Stop Me Now" song choice, that song NEVER translates well to a live performance and while I know Kitty had her heart set on "Born This Way," she could've done a different Gaga song instead. At least Gaga was on the show the week she was eliminated and personally comforted Kitty. ❤️ Apparently they went drinking together while Gaga gave her career advice lmao. I'm sure that was a dream and that it meant quite a lot to Kitty, so good for her!

Craig Colton - Good singer I guess, definitely the second best of the boys category, but he lasted too long in my opinion. He could've left in the double elimination, although I will admit "Paparazzi" was probably his best vocal performance. At least he was there to serve as a cushion for Amelia.

Janet Devlin - I really did not like Janet back in the day and considered her extremely overrated. I still do consider her overrated to an extent, but she did manage to grow on me slightly. She started the competition off strong with "Fix You", "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "Sweet Child 'o Mine" but nearly everything after that was a mess, to the extent that she was basically a caricature of herself by the time she was eliminated. Thank god the judges mercy killed her because it became quite clear (through the press and her later own admissions) that she didn't want to be on the show anymore. I'll give her props though for "Kiss Me" and especially "Under the Bridge," those two performances were quite good with UTB being my personal favorite of her's. The less said about "Somebody to Love" and "MMMBop," the better.

Misha B - I mentioned in the Cher write-up that Misha is an example of an urban contestant who was actually good, and from the beginning I was firmly on the pro-Misha B train. "Rolling in the Deep," "Would I Lie to You," and "Tainted Love" were all incredible performances. ❤️ I don't want to write too much on the bullying accusations because they were completely disgusting, inappropriate, and done solely to create headlines for the show. Good on Misha for shedding light and speaking her peace as she did recently and she's completely correct, the show did see a confident black girl and saw fit to demonize her for headlines. One of the few times I respected Gary this season is when he refused to play along with that game. In any case, outside of the three performances I mentioned, Misha fell flat a bit for me. She set the bar very high/peaked too early, and I didn't really care for her later transformation into essentially a mini-JHud. We had been diva'd to death by contestants at that point and I loved Misha because she was better than that, she was funky and different, and "Tainted Love" was really the last time we saw that side of her. I understand that it was mainly done to get her back into the public's good graces, but the damage had been done and for me, the spark was gone. It's a shame, but I'm still a fan and I have a lot of respect for her as a person.

Amelia Lily - The glow-up this show received once Amelia was brought back into the competition cannot be understated. As said earlier? I don't think she should've been kicked off to begin with, and the show really should've just had the "public reinstatement" vote once the four were put on the chopping block to return to the competition to return in week 2. We didn't get to know Amelia as well as the other contestants, although it IS incredible that she managed to perform to their standard and even make the finale despite being gone for four weeks. Anyway, Amelia was essentially my dream contestant. I have always wanted a young pop/rock girl to compete on one of these shows and slay the competition, and the only times that really happened was with Amelia and Sally Chatfield. :wub: She had star power right from the beginning, and even with "Billie Jean" being a terrible, godawful song choice for Amelia like it was for Louisa Johnson, in my opinion she still made it work. At least it was fun and energetic, and not lifeless like Sophie's performance. "The Show Must Go On" was an incredible vocal, "Think" was young and fun (although she got lost in the shuffle that week I'll admit), and she even performed "Since U Been Gone" and more than did it justice. My favorite Amelia performance was "I'm with You", a great song choice that was right in her wheelhouse and she SLAYED it. I think had she been around the entire season, and the public got to know her a little bit more, she potentially could've won, although I'm not knocking Little Mix as winners at all. They're great, but Amelia was something incredible, especially for being only ~omg 16~. Can't we just transplant her into Louisa Johnson's season instead? Although I guess by that point the show/singing comps in general stopped being relevant, so eh well. At least things did end up working out for Amelia in the end.

Marcus Collins - Definitely the best male vocalist of the season/my favorite. He was sort of in the shadows of other contestants at the beginning, but what I love about season 8 is that the results weren't predictable, and all three of the final contestants all ended up being underdogs to an extent. Gary sort of flundered my enjoyment of Marcus at times, due to him being an insufferable douche in season 8, and because he chose the same kind of song for Marcus every week. I guess I can see the logic behind the strategy, because "Russian Roulette" was super mediocre and "Are You Gonna Go My Way" was fantastic, and by giving an energetic performance each week, Marcus wouldn't be forgotten. I was dying for him to switch it up around the time of Queen week, but you know they instead went with another uptempo with "Higher and Higher" which ended up being my favorite performance of the season. :wub: God, I love this performance, Marcus took it to church in the BEST way and it was so fun and uplifting. And after that he finally did a ballad with "Lately," which I also really loved. Overall, Marcus was a great contestant and he was a deserving runner-up to Little Mix. He might've been more of a success post-season if he hadn't been so pigeonholed into one thing by Gary--I do feel like we never really got an artistic identity for Marcus, which is a shame because he's a brilliant singer. I also think he sang "Cannonball" better than Little Mix, although they killed every other performance at the finale, so in the end they were the rightful winners.

Little Mix - I'm so glad for Little Mix's success because they're brilliant and did an incredible job at shutting naysayers up--myself included. I did not like them at the beginning, and just assumed they'd be another failure girlband. Actually, to this day I will say that I'm not a Rhythmix fan--with the name change came the momentum shift when they really started killing it each week if you ask me. "ET" was quite a good performance, although I would've never admitted it at the time Haley Reinhart-style, since I wanted them to fail. Then "Don't Stop the Music" happened and I was sort of coming around, but not really? "Telephone" was the guiding light for me, that's when I finally realized Perrie as the vocal slayer she is, and then we had "Don't Let Go" which sealed the deal for me coming around for the band overall. They proved that it wasn't the public outright rejecting girlbands--it's that the previous girlbands were all terrible, and now we had a GOOD one, the public were happy to support them. These girls truly worked hard each and every week, and they had the perfect guidance with Tulisa as their mentor. She knew exactly what way to steer them all the way to the crown, being the first group to ever win X Factor. My favorite of the group is definitely Perrie, although I do enjoy Jade and Jesy as vocalists as well. Leigh-Anne should stick to backup lol, however I do enjoy her as a rapper. Anyway, brilliant group and I'm happy that they're still going strong nearly a decade later.

Rankings:

1. Amelia

2. Little Mix

3. Marcus

4. Kitty

5. Misha

6. Johnny

7. The Risk

8. 2 Shoes

9. Sami

10. Craig

11. Janet

12. Sophie

13. Nu Vibe

14. James

15. Jonjo

16. Frankie

Top 15 Performances:

1. Little Mix - "Don't Let Go" (Finale)

2. Marcus Collins - "Higher and Higher" (Finale)

3. Marcus Collins - "Higher and Higher" (Top 6)

4. Little Mix - "Don't Let Go" (Top 6)

5. Amelia Lily - "I'm with You"

6. Little Mix - "Radio Gaga"/"Telephone"

7. Kitty Brucknell - "It's Oh So Quiet"

8. Little Mix - "You Got the Love"

9. Amelia Lily - "Since U Been Gone"

10. Little Mix - "Silent Night"

11. Kitty Brucknell - "Sweet Dreams"

12. Misha B - "Would I Lie to You"

13. Amelia Lily - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

14. Little Mix - "Don't Stop the Music"

15. Marcus Collins - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"

Winner Rankings:

1. Little Mix

2. Alexandra

3. Joe

4. Leon

5. Shayne

6. Leona

7. Matt Cardle

8. Steve

Wasn't Amelia 17 in S8? :haha:

But I would've loved for her to be second. Though I did enjoy Marcus and he was probably my third favourite at t the time, Amelia vs Little Mix would've been a GOAT of final 2s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Winner Rankings:

7. Matt Cardle

unimpressed viola davis GIF

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Wasn't Amelia 17 in S8? :haha:

But I would've loved for her to be second. Though I did enjoy Marcus and he was probably my third favourite at t the time, Amelia vs Little Mix would've been a GOAT of final 2s.

Perhaps, she may have started the competition 16 but turned 17 at some point.

Agreed with the bold, although I preferred Marcus' second set of songs at the finale. I'm more upset at losing the four additional weeks for Amelia, but at least we got 10 great performances from her. Am I correct in assuming we have the same top 3 of the season?

As for Matt 7th in my rankings? You'll get over it lol.

Posted (edited)

I would actually consider Janet my third favourite at this point in time since I’ve followed her career, but during the series, Marcus was my third favourite after Amelia and Little Mix.

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

Season 8 is my favorite too, just above season 5. ❤️ Little Mix, Amelia, Misha, Janet, Marcus, Kitty, and the Risk were all good to excellent, and finale was legit. First time there were two female acts in the final and they got there legitimately. 

Your final two is flawless too! 

Also, there's a Voice winner that would fit your rock chick/dream contestant description, although she was more classic rock on the show. I might have shown her to you before:

Season 9 sort of holds up well in retrospect, although I'm not sure if that's based on the strength of the season itself or if it just looks better in comparison to some of the horrors that followed it. It had a lot of problems, yes, the main complaint people have being the elimination order. Speaking for myself, most of the acts that I were hugely passionate about made it to the end, and out of all the bottom 2's I really only disagreed with two (really only one) result. I'll take it over season 7, at least.

Really the only huge sh*tstain on the season for me was, of course, Phoney Baloney. 🤮 He is a true enigma, I have no idea how he managed to walk the public vote for the entire season until people started power voting for James. He is my least favorite contestant of all time and just thinking about him makes my skin crawl. Did you all know that he's spent over 100,000 pounds on plastic surgery? He legit looks like a cartoon character now. Google it if you want to experience nightmares.

But enough about him, let's talk about the other contestants:

Carolynne Poole - She shouldn't have left first, but I don't even want to imagine a season 9 without Rylan so her elimination was more than justified in my books. Growing up listening to country music, I can tell you one thing that would NEVER mix with it is Nicki Minaj--so lmao the country bumpkin version of "Starships" was just super odd and indulgent, who's idea was that anyway?! Do the British public even listen to country music? I'm legitimately curious, someone feel free to fill me in.

Melanie Masson - This is the one elimination I disagreed with. Melanie is a fantastic singer and her "With a Little Help from My Friends" is actually my second favorite performance of the season. Screw Phoney Baloney for taking all the old people votes away from her. :/ Melanie did have a tendency to oversing like mad. It worked for WALHFMF but it didn't for "Never Tear Us Apart," nor did it for that awful "Stay with Me" song that LaPorsha BADASSEDLY pointed out was problematic. Granted she shouldn't have ranked dead last in the vote, and she 100% deserved to stay over District2ndRate. You made the wrong decision there Tulisa, never understood why she was so adamant about supporting that group.

MK1 - You probably wouldn't expect me to like them, but I did. I thought they were fun and interesting, a bit of a fresh air to add to this season. Charlie wasn't the greatest singer in the world, and the rapper didn't sing period (didn't stop Honey G), but they always brought excitement to break the monotony of the other performances. Kye definitely could've gone in their place for all I care, but I suppose making it to week 3 was a victory in itself for these two.

Lucy Spraggan - Mad respect for her, and I loved her friendship with Rylan, but I didn't miss her once she was gone.

Jade Ellis - "White Flag" was definitely incredible, one of the best sing-offs of the series and one of my favorite performances in general. What everyone seems to forget with Jade though is that everything else she did was terrible. "Hero" was absolutely painful, she was off pitch throughout and didn't get called out on it, and "Love Is a Losing Game" was barely any better. "Free" and "Freak Like Me" were improvements I guess but she was living on borrowed time by that point. Once it was between her and Union J it was definitely #peaceout for me, especially since Union J had no business being in the bottom 2 that week to begin with. IDF was super pressed that she left instead of them but that made the deal sweeter for me. :giggle: If Jade had done more performances like "White Flag" I'd be a fan, but as it stands she's yet another example of how someone who can only sing slow songs has no market in the modern music industry.

Kye Sones - Kye is one of those generic looking guys with the whiny voice that I'm really not a fan of. He improved after he hit the bottom 2 the first time, I guess because he and Gary realized he wasn't gonna get anywhere by boring people to tears each week. At least he brought energy to the stage with his final two performances and I was pleasantly surprised by "I Won't Give Up," his personal best imo. But we still needed Rylan for the competition so, again, you won't find me protesting his elimination.

District3 - Mediocre. "Beggin'" and "Tears in Heaven" were their two good performances, but they had no business robbing Melanie and lasting long enough to deliver them. Thank god they left when Union J sang circles around them in the sing-off, in yet another week that UJ had no business being in the bottom 2 ugh.

Ella Henderson - I have mixed feelings on Ella, but overall I sort of see her in a positive light. The judges overrated her to a massive degree, but when she wasn't putting me to sleep or irritating me with goat vibrato, I enjoyed her. I don't know why she had to sing ballads every week, because "Ghost" proves that she's a good uptempo singer and "You Got the Love" is actually my favorite performance from her, with "Written in the Stars" being a close second place. Every other week she didn't deserve the supreme butt-kissing the judges gave her. She wasn't ever completely abysmal (except with "Bring Me to Life" 🤢) but it was all just same song, different lyrics. The judges shock and disgust at the James/Ella bottom 2 is pretty hilarious in retrospect, in my opinion? They both deserved it that week. They saw fit to play it safe for the guilty pleasures theme, giving mediocre performances and they paid the price for that. I do think that Ella's sing-off was one of her better performances, and judging based on that I would've even kept her around (because James shouted his way through "Fallin") but I suppose her destiny was to serve as the matyr for Sir Baloney's eventual demise.

Rylan Clark - I looooove Rylan Style! :wub: Through all the hardships of the season, I could always count on him to be there to put a smile on my face. His second week performance are the things legends are made of, a perfect medley of amazing songs to troll Gary Borelow. ❤️ He never really performed to that level again, although he came close with the Spice Girls medley, but whatever man, I just love him and his personality. I don't care what anyone says, he deserved to last as long as he did and he didn't rob or take anyone's spot. He was super supportive of his fellow contestants and was basically everyone's biggest cheerleader--the reaction to him getting through on the public vote week 2 by his fellow contestants says it all. Rylan Style ftw! :bobo: 

Union J - I love, love, love Union J and think they are CRIMINALLY underrated. Just look at the reactions on IDF when they DESERVINGLY stayed over Jade, and even now I read people saying that Union J are "terrible" and/or people prefer District3 over them. :wtf: Whatever, I don't understand certain posters on this site sometimes. The only terrible thing Union J did was "Don't Stop Me Now," that was literally their ONLY misstep. It's probably even a good thing that performance happened, because it inspired them to work that much harder. Right out of the gate, they delivered a fantastic performance the second week with "Bleeding Love"/"Broken Strings" and from then on, set out on their quest to become my personal favorite boyband of X Factor and probably my favorite X Factor group, period. All four of them can sing, with Jaymi being an incredible lead vocalist and probably the best singer out of everyone on this season. They had great chemistry with each other and whoever's idea it was to add George to the group was a genius, as he slotted in perfectly and brought with him the charisma necessary for the group to succeed. The fact they landed in the bottom 2 so many times is disgusting because they never deserved it, although my favorite performance from the season came from them in a sing-off, which was "Run." It was so emotional and brilliantly sung, it legit gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. They truly sung for their life and I'm still so mad that they didn't end up getting the slot in the finale that they deserved. Just a great boyband with brilliant singers, who not only happen to be cute but also half gay. ❤️ What's not to like?

Jahmene Douglas - I like Jahmene, although I understand some of the criticisms he receives and even agree to an extent. He's a great singer but even I got bored of all the old-fashioned song choices that were always thrown his way. I mean even his f*cking coronation single was "Let It Be," they really were pushing for a James win weren't they ugh. That being said, the morons trying to can him early in the XF rankdown need to get over themselves, lmao all the horrors that have been on this show and the first thing you target is Jahmene? Ridiculous and the reason I don't participate in those games anymore. In any case, I enjoyed the personal journey that Jahmene had over the season, and he had a perfect mentor in Nicole. I don't think anyone else would've been able to break down his walls and give him the confidence he needed in the way that she did. Not since Dannii has a mentor really come across as truly caring about their acts and doing their best to get them to succeed. Overall, I'm a Jahmene fan, because he's a brilliant singer and that's really all I need at the end of the day. He deserved to last as long as he did, haters gonna hate.

James Arthur - James is alright I guess, I can understand the appeal and appreciate his talent, but I'm not really a fan for various reasons. His tone isn't exactly my cup of tea, and he had a nasty habit of slurring his words and even shouting the lyrics at certain points. Mind you I'm not someone who gets super upset when a contestant gets lost in the music and goes a bit off melody, but it happened quite a lot with James and it was just enough to bug me. I'm also not a fan of the dubstep garbage twist he tended to add to a lot of his performances. I enjoyed James most when he was going the more R&B/soulful route, such as "No More Drama" and "Let's Get It On." But those performances were few and far between, so mixed in with his overall journey being meh and certain foot-in-the-mouth comments he's made over the years (homophobic slurs :/ ) he falls under the more overrated side of the winner rankings in my books.

Rankings:

1. Union J

2. Jahmene

3. Rylan

4. Melanie

5. James

6. Ella

7. MK1

8. Carolynne

9. Lucy

10. District3

11. Jade

12. Kye

13. Sir Baloney

Top 10 Performances:

1. Union J - "Run"

2. Melanie Masson - "With a Little Help from My Friends"

3. Rylan Clark - "Groove Is in the Heart"/"Gangnam Style"/"Pump Up the Jam"

4. Jahmene Douglas - "Listen"

5. James Arthur - "Let's Get It On"

6. Union J - "Fix You"

7. Union J - "Bleeding Love"/"Broken Strings"

8. Jade Ellis - "White Flag"

9. Union J - "Set Fire to the Rain"

10. Union J - "I'm Already There"

(Honorable Mention) 11. Ella Henderson - "You Got the Love"

18 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Also, there's a Voice winner that would fit your rock chick/dream contestant description, although she was more classic rock on the show. I might have shown her to you before:

Chloe :wub:

18 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Season 8 is my favorite too, just above season 5. ❤️ Little Mix, Amelia, Misha, Janet, Marcus, Kitty, and the Risk were all good to excellent, and finale was legit. First time there were two female acts in the final and they got there legitimately. 

Your final two is flawless too! 

She's alright, but going on The Voice is a bad job by anybody. All you have to do is look at Blake Shelton to figure that much LOL. If Billy Gilman (whom I've loved/crushed on since I was a teenager) couldn't get me to watch it, no one can.

14 hours ago, Solaris said:

Union J were my second favs!

That's wonderful! ❤️ I'm always happy to see appreciation of them.