idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of Weedy Speedy

Weedy's X Factor UK Season 11 - 15 Watch Thread

Writing on the Wall was my favorite Matt performance, and imo the only one balladeer boy is worthy of the praise for.  

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Ryan's run finally comes to an end. Considering that without the lifeline vote, he probably would've left the second week (I'm assuming Freddy would've survived since his sing-off was good), this has definitely been quite the journey for him.

If it went to deadlock, Freddy would’ve gone. Ryan never had the lowest vote total any week of the show.

Posted (edited)

Top 5 night was freaking fantastic! The "Louis Loves" theme was brilliant and I wish they had done it earlier in the season. :haha: But there were so many moments on this show so let's go through them all!

Matt Terry - "Secret Love Song" & "Alive": Honestly, I wasn't really feeling Matt this week. I liked both performances (he's still yet to have a bad one) but I wasn't in love with either song choice. No, the real champions of this week were...

Saara Aalto - "The Winner Takes It All" & "Diamonds Are Forever"/"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend": When it comes to the point in the competition where contestants get to do multiple songs, they get a chance to show what a concert from them would look like. I think Saara accomplished that on this night. "The Winner Takes It All" was another brilliant vocal, but what won the night for me was her second song. It was so crazy, it was so cheesy, it was so SAARA AALTO. My favorite part of the song is when she was throwing away gifts in front of the judging table and she almost chucked one right at Simon's head. :haha: That was hilarious! And Nicole's comment about it being a cheese explosion and Saara was like, "Well, yeah!" She is so camp and just positively mad in the most glorious way.

Honey G - "U Can't Touch This/"Super Freak" & "Push It"/"Black Beatles": The first performance was the same Honey G we've gotten the entire competition that had definitely worn thin for me at this point. So imagine my surprise when she starts singing one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs of all time...AND I LOVED IT. :ph34rwave: "Push It" is a JAM and she could've just done that and I would finally have a favorite Honey G performance. But then we got to the middle of the performance and the entire studio froze. THEY GOT THE ENTIRE STUDIO TO DO THE FREAKING MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE. HOW DID THEY DO THAT?! WHO'S IDEA WAS IT?! Because it was SHAMAZING as Nicole would say. My favorites were Louis & Nicole frozen in very awkward poses, the two ladies sitting next to the judging panel who moved their heads to look at each other (lmao), and Dermot looking over the notes for the rest of the show with the stage hand. I can finally say that after 8 weeks, Honey G had a moment for me. It would be very easy for me to pretend like I hated it, but that would mean lying to myself. Congrats to her for winning me over for at least one performance.

5 After Midnight - "Uptown Funk" & "Sorry"/"One Dance": I was worried for 5AM with the Uptown Funk song choice, because let's be honest--Fleur had one of the most iconic performances in X Factor history with that song. People like to throw around the word "moment" but that was definitely one of the few true moments where you realize you had just seen something special. 5AM did the song justice, and it was a solid performance, one of their better ones. The second performance was a step down, and I think the fact that that was their 2nd song (and thus the last memory of them for this night) is the reason they ended up in the bottom 2. But they're turning into one of the best X Factor groups imo and this is one of the rare times I really feel like I've gotten to know a group as individuals. Stereo Kicks were just too big, and 4th Impact weren't around long enough due to their shortened season. I like these guys and I hope they make the finale.

Emily Middlemas - "Toxic" & "Human": Even Emily did good for me this week. At least her first song - "Toxic" was a weird song choice for her, but she put her own spin on it that DIDN'T involve turning it into a slow ditty, and I think it worked. It was cute, it was fun, it was young. "Human" I didn't like as much. I'm glad it was another performance out of the balladeer zone, but her voice wasn't strong enough to carry the song imo. I did love the clip of Nicole saying she loved the song choice because it was obvious Simon didn't pick it. :haha: Same, Nicole, same.

It was definitely time for Honey G to go, but congrats to her for going out on a high note.

Top 4 Ranking:

1. Matt/Saara - Yes, I've gotten to the point where I can't choose between them. Although Matt was sorta forgettable this week, I still love both of them so much, for very different reasons.

3. 5 After Midnight

4. Emily

Edited by The Ghost of Weedy Speedy

Saara killing it on the ballads, on the uptempos and on the mid tempos.  Performs, emotes, has it all.  

• Like 2

I love the props on Saara’s two performances. The Winner Takes It All is not one of my favorite songs, but she did great with it and I LOVED the Diamonds medley. Bisexual icon. :wub: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Bisexual icon. :wub: 

She identifies as a lesbian.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She identifies as a lesbian.

She does? Well also awesome. :wub: 

13 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

She does? Well also awesome. :wub: 

Yep. She talked about it in an interview after XF. She said people assumed she was bisexual since she had been married to a guy but she realized she was fully lesbian and not just bisexual during that relationship. Her and wife got married this past April ❤️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Ok guys I get it, as a queer I'm contractually obligated to like Saara the best lmao. :wub: 

I dared to be different. Matt based on talent and, well....look at him! 😋

Also, hi. 🤚Imma read through this now finally. 

• Like 1

So, I've seen basically no XF UK, but I've missed seeing your commentary so I'm gonna be reading at the very least. :P

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Drew said:

I dared to be different. Matt based on talent and, well....look at him! 😋

Also, hi. 🤚Imma read through this now finally. 

Hi, Drew! And lol don't get me wrong, I love Matt too. It should be a sin to be as good looking AND as talented as he is.

7 hours ago, hayden98 said:

So, I've seen basically no XF UK, but I've missed seeing your commentary so I'm gonna be reading at the very least. :P

Lol thanks Hayden, I hope you've been doing well! I can point you towards some full episodes on YouTube if the curiosity bug bites.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Hi, Drew! And lol don't get me wrong, I love Matt too. It should be a sin to be as good looking AND as talented as he is.

Lol thanks Hayden, I hope you've been doing well! I can point you towards some full episodes on YouTube if the curiosity bug bites.

LOL, I looked at his Insta and noticed ...oh, we're naked again, huh? 😂🤗

16 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Oooh, I've no clue when I'll get around to watching atm, but I'd still greatly appreciate the episodes :P :hug: 

Matt Terry - "Silent Night" & "Say You Love Me": I wanna go to a theme park with Nicole Scherzinger. Lucky bastard. Matt was forgettable once again for me this week. I've been sick of "Silent Night" since I was a damn child, and I didn't know the second song and couldn't connect with it. I agree with Simon that the performance was bland. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black (hi, Emily!) but whatever.

5 After Midnight - "Stay Another Day" & "Signed, Sealed, Delivered": I've never heard the first song until Lauren sang it in S11, and I still do not understand how it's a Christmas song. Oh well, if the show doesn't care I guess I don't either. It's your last chance to get to the final and you sing Stevie Wonder karaoke? They're lucky the judges are pimping them because lol this deserves a bus.

Saara Aalto - "White Christmas"/"All I Want for Christmas is You" & "Chandelier": Saara knowing Santa personally. :wub: Why is she singing "Chandelier" in the middle of a thunderstorm? I don't get it. I'm really not feeling anyone tonight for whatever reason.

Emily Middlemas - "Happy Xmas" & "Mad World": This is a really good Christmas song. All the little children sounded good? Emily didn't lmfao. I love how Louis, Sharon, & Nicole are so sick of her, praising the other 3 acts saying "You have to be in the final!" :haha: And lmao as if she could get more boring, she does the Gary Jules version of "Mad World." I'm surprised they didn't spring for "Hallelujah" instead. A basic bitch like Emily can only be "beautiful" so much before she just becomes BORING. High school talent show X Factor needs to end.

What a disappointing semifinal. Matt and Emily in the bottom 2. Can't say it's undeserved--Matt's been bland and boring the past 2 weeks, and Emily's been bland and boring the entire goddamn season. I believe this is the first season where every act has landed in the bottom 2?

Matt Terry - "Hurt": This is much more like the Matt I've loved all season. A huge improvement over his past two weeks.

Emily Middlemas - "Wings": Oh, I assumed this would be the Little Mix song. We know by now that she's a one trick pony and it's time for the horse to be put down.

Ugh FINALLY. She should've left weeks ago.

Ranking of the top 3:

1. Saara

2. Matt

3. 5 After Midnight

I loved Chandelier! But other than that I felt the same about that night. :haha:  And apparently that Stay Another Day song gets played in the UK around Christmas, but yeah nothing resembling Christmas about it. 

8 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I loved Chandelier! But other than that I felt the same about that night. :haha:  And apparently that Stay Another Day song gets played in the UK around Christmas, but yeah nothing resembling Christmas about it. 

I read its Wikipedia article and apparently it's a one hit wonder and Christmas number one from like, 25 years ago. The more you know, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I loved Saaras Christmas mashup!

It was good, and probably the best performance of the night. I can only get so excited about a Christmas song though, you know?

At least she did something different with All I want for Christmas and through White Christmas in front of it for build up.

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

I believe this is the first season where every act has landed in the bottom 2?

Sing-off, yes. Bottom 2, no. Saara never landed in the actual B2 and was only there because the lifeline vote saved someone with less votes than her.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who gets extremely bored during X Factor finales? I don't think the sound mixing in Wembley Arena is very good and it leads to me not enjoying the performances. I skipped the intro packages and most of the judges comments because I just wanted to be done. Special mention to Louisa Johnson for sounding extremely bad during her cameo appearance.

Final ranking of this season's acts:

1. Saara Aalto - After a shaky first few performances, she definitely turned into the reason to watch this season. Third season in a row where my favorite act finished in 2nd place. This video also confirms her greatness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiABb74lA_4

2. Matt Terry - I still love his voice, but like Ben before him, too many performances at the end that were simply boring made him fall to 2nd in my rankings. Overall one of my favorite winners.

3. 5 After Midnight - Not huge over them, but they had some fantastic performances.

4. Sam Lavery - Kind of a default ranking. I liked her voice, but she never reached her true potential.

5. Relley C - She was good, but X Factor wasn't ever gonna embrace a gospel singer in 2016.

6. Honey G - Solely on the strength of her last performance.

7. Bratavio - I mean, if Louis and Sharon were to have children, it would be them. That counts for something in Weedy World.

8. Gifty Louise - Because Four of Diamonds is #9 and I remember thinking she should've stayed over them.

9. Four of Diamonds - They weren't sucky or anything, but overall they were kind of useless.

10. Emily Middlemas - I'm tired of clapping for mediocrity.

11. Ryan Lawrie - Most of his performances were terrible.

12. Freddy Parker - His sing-off was good, I think? I don't care enough to remember.

So happy that Saara is your favourite ❤️ 

• Like 1

Someone give Dermot his own show already.

The new stage is very gold.

Louis, Sharon, Nicole, & NO Simon? :wub: 

Rai-Elle Williams - "Doo Wop"/"The Lost Ones"/"No": So mediocre, it hurts. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Spencer Sutherland - "Who You Are": An American! There's an American among us! 😮 I love his parents, they're adorable. Omg he sounds like he's in pain. So bad.

Holly Tandy - "Hollow": Oh, hi Cheryl. I'm surprised you're not on the panel. Lmao her Sharon impression is spot-on. Oh I get it, they switched to a Voice format because the talent this year is comparable to what one would find on The Voice.

Leon Mallet - "Stay": He was in a group with his brother and ditched him? Scandalous! I sorta liked this, to a very minor extent. The bar hasn't been raised very high this season so far.

Alisah Bonaobra - "This Is My Now": JORDIN SPARKS' CORONATION SONG?! :lmao: Omg. I can't. Tbh though to my surprise, she's actually decent. The best thus far by an easy margin. Louis: "It's almost like a winner's song!" It is, Louis! Just ask Blake Lewis.

Sam Black - "Faith": The best thing about this was the fact that Sharon quite obviously hated it lmao. Don't quit your day job, kid.

Grace Davies - "Too Young": Oh wow, she looks like Maddie Poppe. She has a good voice, but the song is uninteresting.

Lloyd Macey - "City of Stars": Why is his intro package all about his grandmother? Oh I guess because this performance appeals to grandmothers. He's probably the best of the boys but let's just say I see now why Louis was given the category for the year lol.

Best of the night: Grace, Alisah, Lloyd, and Leon I guess. The rest can be eliminated.

Wait, only one goes home? But The Voice does bloodbath eliminations. :unsure: 

Not surprised to see Spencer go. He was essentially a worse version of MacKenzie Bourg. And he's not even an adorable twink like MacKenzie, so yeah not a loss.

I have no idea who Alesha Dixon is.

The Cutkelvins - "What About Us": What the shit is a Cutkelvin? Omg this is dreadful. Or more like she's dreadful, her brothers didn't even bother joining in with the performance. My face legit scrunched up from the beginning of the performance. This was somehow worse than anything from the previous night.

Kevin Davy White - "Stay": Ugh it just goes from bad to worse. He sounded like he was more in pain than Spencer and I was in pain from listening to him.

Talia Dean - "What Makes You Beautiful": Once again, we pretend that One Direction has only one song. :rolleyes: AMAZINGLY, this is even WORSE than the two previous performances! Omg someone pull the plug to the electricity in the building. This performance has to end.

It's clear to me by now that this season is not worth watching. I'm gonna finish the last 5 performers and move on to 15.

Jack and Joel - "New Rules": The playlist I'm watching is missing their performance. Oh well, probably a good thing!

Matt Linen - "Scars to Your Beautiful": He sounds like death. Nobody in their right mind could listen to this and think he sounds good.

Sean and Conor Price - "Strong": I'm not even making it through full performances at this point!

Tracyleanne Jefford - "Written in the Water": An X Factor live tour? With THIS group of contestants? Who would do that to themselves?!

Rak-Su - "Mamacita": OMG finally, a mediocre act. :wub: Such an improvement over the absolute horrors that are their competition!

FINALLY IT'S OVER. See you all in season 15. Peace.

This season is worse than 13. :haha:  But you'd like Kevin, he turns out better performances in future weeks. Jack and Joel are kind of fun as well.