Weedy's X Factor UK Season 11 - 15 Watch Thread

Weedy_Speedy

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Oh come on man, "All I Want for Christmas is You" is a bop. Other than that there's..."When You Believe," I guess? Although I guess we can attribute that to Whitney instead lmao.

I always knew Kevin had a good ear. :wub:

• Like 1

Hi, Tulisa.

Final thoughts on the top three contestants:

Andrea - The second reason they shouldn't do a sing-off for the semifinal: it makes it super obvious who third place is gonna be lol. I really liked his duet with Ella Henderson, definitely my favorite of the three duets (and the only one I liked, oops). I wasn't Andrea's biggest fan, but he's definitely a fantastic singer.

Ben - I definitely like Ben and he has a fantastic, distinct voice. I wasn't the biggest fan of his song choices throughout the competition (I mean it says a lot when "I Will Always Love You" ranks among my favorite of a contestant's performances), but he definitely ranks up there as one of X Factor's best contestants. "Demons" was good and so was "Man in the Mirror." I don't feel like he really had a 'moment' for me but he was consistent.

Fleur - Probably the star of the season, honestly. She was really someone who worked her ass off all season and improved week after week. "Uptown Funk" was the performance of the year and she killed it at the finale like she always did. I think she should've won, but 2nd is nothing to slouch at.

Overall rankings of the contestants for this season:

1. Fleur East

2. Ben Haenow

3. Stereo Kicks

4. Only the Young

5. Lauren Platt

6. Andrea Faustini

7. Stevi Ritchie

8. Paul Akister

9. Jay James

10. Jack Walton

11. Lola Saunders

12. Chloe Jasmine

13. Blonde Electra

14. Overload Generation

15. Stephanie Nala

16. Jake Quickenden

19 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Oh come on man, "All I Want for Christmas is You" is a bop. Other than that there's..."When You Believe," I guess? Although I guess we can attribute that to Whitney instead lmao.

I like Love Takes Time but that's about it from her. :giggle: 

I'm glad you loved Uptown Funk! It's the only X Factor performance ever to get to #1 on iTunes. :yes: She put BruNO Mars to good use.

I didn't care for Lauren's two performances either. Stay Another Day a Christmas song? Hmm...

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Fleur - Probably the star of the season, honestly. She was really someone who worked her ass off all season and improved week after week. "Uptown Funk" was the performance of the year and she killed it at the finale like she always did. I think she should've won, but 2nd is nothing to slouch at.

People said Andrea got bussed with his duet because Ella was the least iconic partner of the three was his was my favorite as well. 

I'm so glad Fleur became your favorite by the end of the season. ❤️ I echo your sentiments and I too think she should've won. Listen to a few of her post X-Factor songs. :yes: 

Good rankings as well, although I'd have Fleur, Andrea, Ben as the top three in that order. Also I can't wait for you to watch Cheryl with the groups next season. :giggle: You might just end up liking her more, esoecually next to Nick and Rita. 

57 minutes ago, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

Caroline Flack and Olly Murs? Where's Dermot?

Nick Grimshaw?! WHERE'S LOUIS?!?!?!?!

Yeah it's the season where they tried to do ~different things. Spoiler alert: Caroline and Olly are awkward hosts. 

Season 12, Week 1:

Lauren Murray - "I'm Every Woman": A bit confused by the song choice--I don't think I'm Every Woman would be on most contestant's list for a first performance in a competition. However, it was pretty great! She has a rich, powerful tone to her voice with a lot of power. Only the first performance in and already this is better than everything from season 11's first performance show. :haha:

Max Stone - "Someone Like You": A reggae arrangement of an Adele song? By a white dude? Huh. That's...odd. I think he sang it alright, but I almost would've preferred just a straight cover for this track. He has a good voice, and he's good looking, too. I suppose the reggae arrangement will make him memorable, so there's that.

Alien Uncovered - "Do It Like a Dude": What kind of name is Alien Uncovered? The judges shitted themselves pretty hardcore over this, but I thought it was a mess. I don't foresee them lasting long in the competition...but then again, I thought the same thing about Little Mix, so who knows?

Kiera Weathers - "Crying for No Reason": I was kind of tapping into her voice, but she kind of mumbled her way through this song. Not very good.

Anton Stephans - "Dance with My Father": Lol whatttt was this performance? He constantly looks like a deer trapped in headlights. He has an...interesting way of pronouncing words. Why is he shouting at me? Lol no, this was not good.

Che Chesterman - "Tears Dry on My Own"/"Ain't No Mountain High Enough": Umm Jahmene did this exact same mashup of these exact same songs. He did it a lot better, too. I kinda like his voice though, he has potential.

Mason Noise - "Sorry": LOL that mic drop, hilarious. The performance was mediocre.

Reggie 'n Bollie - "It Wasn't Me": I'm gonna be real here. I fell in love with them just from their pre-performance video LOL.

Louisa Johnson - "God Only Knows": Not my favorite song in the world, but she has a beautiful voice. Great power, great control.

Bupsi - "You're a Wonderful One": What kind of a name is Bupsi? What kind of irrelevant performance was this? Did Simon just put her through because she looks like Sinitta? It's funny, though: my roommate walked into the living room during her performance, started dancing to it and I started dying laughing LOL. Anyway, Simon must be stewing that he has such an awful category this year lmao. Trade-off for being given both Ben and Fleur in the same season?

4th Impact - "Problem": Holy harmonization fail, Batman. Lol they were a hot mess. What was Cheryl thinking, putting TWO girl groups through to the live shows? These judges need to stop with the lying.

Monica Michael - "Make It Rain": Her voice is interesting, but I'm not gonna remember this performance. Lol Cheryl rejected her last year? We just had to have Chloe Jasmine, Stephanie Nala and Lola Whatshername I guess...

Seann Miley Moore - "Life on Mars": Well, this contestant certainly stands out lol. Not sure how I feel about the performance. It was good I guess, but I wouldn't have chosen this song.

RIP Bupsi. Thanks for the random memory of my roommate, I guess.

The sing-off? Send them both home tbh. Keira's performance was alright, I guess...what an odd group of contestants this season has.

4th Impact - "Sound of the Underground"/"The Clapping Song": I can't even understand what they're singing. Or are they even singing? Because it almost feels like they're miming to a backing track. How can I like a performance I don't understand? OH it's a Cheryl song. So the illegibility of the lyrics is a purposeful thing, I presume. Ok so the recap at the end of the show made me curious about this performance again, and on rewatch I liked it a hell of a lot better. I guess on shitty shows like this one, the bar lowers the further you go and the performances you disliked before get better by comparison lmao.

Mason Noise - "Teardrops": The only time I've ever heard this song is when Rebecca Ferguson sang it. I sorta liked this, not to any huge extent.

Anton Stephans - "All About That Bass"/"Bang Bang": Huh.

Kiera Weathers - "Return of the Mack": Well she's certainly no Fleur, that's for sure lmao.

Che Chesterman - "You Can't Hurry Love": A standing O is a bit much, this was impressive for Idol in 2007 or so. I understand what they were going for with this, but is he gonna do Motown covers the entire competition?

Louisa Johnson - "Billie Jean": This performance didn't feel believable to me in the slightest. A 17-year-old girl singing Billie Jean? Why? It just felt super indulgent. There was no connection to what she was singing and performances like that are always awkward.

Seann Miley Moore - "California Dreaming": Another indulgent performance, but he sang it really well. Kinda agree with Simon though---he's being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic.

Monica Michael - "Crazy in Love": At first I thought this "reinvention" theme was really interesting, but all these performances are telling me is that changing up a song just for the sake of changing it isn't always a great idea. This went nowhere for me, kinda surprised the judges are trashing her though.

Max Stone - "Over the Rainbow"/"What a Wonderful World": Jason Castro flashbacks! I thought this was great and the best performance of the night to this point BY FAR. His lack of charisma is gonna be problematic moving forward, but whatever, I enjoyed this. I swear, Nick and Rita make Cheryl sound like a genius.

Reggie 'n Bollie - "What Makes You Beautiful"/"Cheerleader": Ok nevermind, THIS was the best performance of the night. By the way Tom was talking about them I thought they were gonna be the joke act, but they're actually pretty decent singers. I've never liked this song but they made me love it!

Lauren Murray - "Hold Back the River": This was really good, was kind of missing a spark for me though. Rounds out the top 3 of the night with Max and Reggie/Bollie.

Thank heavens for double eliminations. AI14 could've taken some pointers from this season to make it go faster. Keira going first isn't surprising, as for Mason & Seann in the bottom 3? Makes sense as well, Seann shouldn't be there but it's obvious to see why he is.

Based on the sing-off, I would save Mason. It was his best vocal performance and I don't think Seann performed to the best of his ability.

Poor Seann. He probably shouldn't have gone home, but idk. I don't think we were gonna see much else different from him.

Ranking of the top 9:

1. Reggie 'n Bollie

2. Lauren

3. Max

4. Louisa

5. Che

6. 4th Impact

7. Mason

8. Monica

9. Anton

Week 3:

Mason Noise - "Men in Black": An interesting song choice for movie night? Who knew! I thought this was pretty awesome. Talent-wise, Mason has a ceiling, but I think he understands that and knows how to work within his limitations. Good for him!

Max Stone - "Secret Garden": Boring. It was just a nothing performance. Shame, because I was rooting for him.

Louisa Johnson - "Everybody's Free": A lot better than last week. The beginning of the performance was snoresville, but the belting at the end was super impressive. I just wish she'd choose better songs.

Monica Michael - "What is Love": The song was kind of interesting, but I didn't love the performance.

Reggie 'n Bollie - "My Heart Will Go On"/"Who Let the Dogs Out": LMAO I SCREAMED when they started doing WLTDO, do you all know how much I loved Rugrats as a kid?! These are two men after my own heart! Can't we just have Reggie 'n Bollie perform 9 times instead of the rest of these bores?! WHY IS CHERYL PULLING A HEEL-FACE TURN BY BACKING THESE TWO?!

Anton Stephans - "I Have Nothing": JFC, can this song just be taken out to the pasture and shot?! It doesn't even deserve to be retired. The performance was good I guess, even though the black & white Instagram filter with blue blazer combo was...bizarre.

4th Impact - "Work It Out": Holy shit, this was good. What a difference a rewatch and an additional performance make! I love this song and it was a great choice for them. Poor Selena, what a trooper for sticking it out and performing! Also that Philippine dish they cooked in their VT looked delicious.

Lauren Murray - "One Last Time": This was also very, very good. At this point I'm itching for her to switch it up, though. I understand that she (and Monica) had to change their songs on the DAY OF the performance show, but I'm kind of tired of the balladeering from her. Still, a fantastic vocal performance.

Che Chesterman - "When a Man Loves a Woman": You know, I'm usually not one for criticizing contestants for singing older songs, because usually (the good ones anyway) are able to modernize them or just give excellent vocal performances. Hell, Clark did this exact same song on this same year and it was excellent. Che isn't someone who can get away with that. This just came across as old-fashioned, no matter how much the judges kiss his ass.

Poor Max. He was always a footnote, though.

OLLY SCREWING UP THE RESULT. :rofl:freaking AMAZING. I do think Anton performed better in the sing-off, so I agree with him staying.

Ranking of the top 7:

1. Reggie 'n Bollie

2. 4th Impact

3. Lauren

4. Mason

5. Louisa

6. Che/Anton

Che Chesterman - "Yesterday": Between the dated song choices, his complete lack of charisma, his utter irrelevancy, and bland voice, all of these add up to a contestant that is completely pointless. I'm amazed that the judges keep pimping him.

Anton Stephans - "One Sweet Day": This was really bad. Simon must be so pissed that he sacked Louis and got stuck with this category. :haha: I also like how Nick disses Anton, saying he'd never get played on the radio, all the while championing Che. What a freaking moron.

4th Impact - "Ain't No Other Man": Not as good as last week, but I give credit to them for bringing the fun factor to this show. They're a breath of fresh air in this competition, seeing as so many of these contestants are trying to sell records in the 1960s.

Lauren Murray - "We Belong Together": COMPLETELY the wrong song! Lauren has a great voice but it doesn't suit these freaking Whitney/Mariah power ballads. Rita is clueless.

Mason Noise - "Jealous": Oh wow what a difference it makes when a contestant is given a GOOD song choice. I really liked this and it's his best performance thus far. The judges are bussing him though so they're obviously done with him.

Louisa Johnson - "Let It Go": Incredible. FINALLY she's given the right song and I definitely feel like she had a bit of a moment here. Easily the best performance of the night thus far and even the season honestly that wasn't done by Reggie 'n Bollie.

Reggie 'n Bollie - "Shut Up and Dance"/"Dangerous Love": God, why are they so perfect?! The rest of these contestants can keep singing their dreary ass ballads because Reggie 'n Bollie are gonna be dancing ALL THE WAY TO THE FINALE! :bobo: KINGS OF FIGHTING DEPRESSION SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!!!

Mason :( They were done with him but I'm still sorry to see him go.

Yaaaaaass, Che/Anton bottom 2. Totally deserved.

Che can sing a song from this millenium? Who knew! He did better so he deserved to stick around, I guess. With any luck he'll go home next.

First time Simon's lost all his acts before the finale!

Ranking of the top 5:

1. Reggie 'n Bollie

2. Louisa

3. 4th Impact

4. Lauren

5. Che

Louisa Johnson - "Love Yourself" & "Jealous": The first performance was just alright--not the right song for her, but she did well enough with it. The second performance was a lot better, but still not to the extent of her performance from the previous week. It was a powerful performance though, a lot of emotion.

4th Impact - "I'll Be There" & "Fancy"/"Rich Girl": They were just alright for me this week.

Reggie 'n Bollie - "Watch Me"/"Azonto" & "Dynamite": Felt a bit like a Reggie 'n Bollie concert this week on the show. I wasn't so huge on the first performance, although I suppose it would be the kind of record they would release once they were off the show. Cheryl was right in that they're the only act that inspire so much emotion from the audience. Thank heavens they're being supported by the public because the show would be ghastly without them.

Lauren Murray - "Firestone" & "You Don't Own Me": Basically in agreement with Simon on both performances. I didn't know the first song and the performance was incredibly forgettable. The second song was better, but I wasn't surprised she was in the bottom 2.

Che Chesterman - "Hello" & "Try a Little Tenderness": The fact that the public thought he was good enough to sing Adele is cringe enough, but then he goes and forgets the lyrics? Get out of here. TALT was a lot better, probably his best performance in the competition. But this week is just further proof that he can only sing songs that are over 50 years old. Exactly the kind of artist the radio would play in 2015, right? Nick Grimshaw would know. 🙂

Both sing-off performances were fantastic. 4th Impact's AIATYING was their second-best performance after "Work It Out". As for Lauren, that was FINALLY the freaking performance I've been waiting for her all season! I knew with the right song, she'd be able to go out there and kill it. She needs to ditch Rita and do her own thing because "Vision of Love" was outstanding.

4th Impact was robbed! GO HOME CHE.

Top 4 Ranking:

1. Reggie 'n Bollie

2. Louisa/Lauren

4. Che

Louisa and Lauren were my obvious favorites throughout the season but I did like Reggie N Bolie throughout as well! I knew you would like them and Cheryl this season. :giggle: And yes Nick and Rita make her look a lot better.

I did think Seann was robbed though. I would've liked to have seen if he and Nick took Simon's advice into account if he stayed. 

Top 4 night is possibly one of the worst performance shows I've ever seen. 👽

First off, the only performance of the night I enjoyed was Reggie 'n Bollie's second one. I LIKE TO MOVE-IT MOVE-IT! :bobo:

As for the rest of these freakers, I'll just let Nicole say it:

nicole-scherzinger-no-baby-no.gif

Why are Lauren and Louisa suddenly in a competition to see who can bust the most eardrums? Well the winner on this week was obviously Louisa, she REALLY poured everything into doing one of the most on-point Xtina impressions I've ever seen. Because that's what it was--an impression. Just like with Billie Jean, there was no connection to what she was singing about. All style, no substance.

I can't even remember any of Lauren's performances and I watched them like, a half hour ago. I was actually looking forward to her interpretation of "Best of My Love," then she chickens out at the last minute? All to do ANOTHER ballad? Christ, she's worse than David Archuleta!

Che is still the worst, though. The only thing I was impressed with in regards to him tonight was Nick Grimshaw's ability to cry on cue. Anything to get him into the final! Too funny.

Thank god this season is shorter than the others because I'm ready for it to be over. (!) 

You know a finale is bad when Che Chesterman gives the best solo performance of the night. :closedeyes: Granted, it's probably because I was too busy laughing at the freaking human hamburgers and all the other madness happening onstage to be able to focus on Chester, which is probably what they were going for. Who in their right mind would sing "I Believe I Can Fly" at the FINALE of a singing competition in 2015?!

As for the duets, blah and whatever for the first two and as for Louisa, I got three notes into AIATYING and then tapped out of the season. No more, moving on to XF13.

Ranking of the final 13:

1. Reggie 'n Bollie - By far the best thing about this season. I wasn't feeling them at the finale, but without them this show would've been on AI14 levels of bad.

2. 4th Impact - I generally enjoyed what they brought to the table. Seems like they are killing it in the Philippines based on their Wikipedia article, so good for them!

3. Louisa Johnson - Based only on "Let It Go" and the fact that I can recognize she was much more talented than most of the songs she was given to sing on this competition. She probably has the absolute worst setlist of any X Factor winner...and Steve Brookstein won this show!

4. Lauren Murray - Someone else who's more talented than her performances showed. Rita was a horrible mentor.

5. Mason Noise - Just because I think he knew his limitations as a singer and played to his strengths well.

6. Max Stone - No charisma, but good voice.

7. Che Chesterman - King of getting relevant radio airplay, as Nick Grimshaw would attest to. He can sing but it is just so hard to give a shit.

8. Seann Michael Murray - Kinda hosed, but I find it hard to care.

9. Monica Michael - They made a big deal of her being brought back to the competition and I can't remember a single damn thing she did.

10. Bupsi - Just for the memory of my roommate dancing to her performance. 'Twas hilarious.

11. Anton Stephans - No thanks.

12. Keira Weathers - Who?!

13. Alien Uncovered - WHO?!

Louis, Sharon, Nicole, Dermot, PLEASE come back to this show to save it!

DERMOT DANCING ON STAGE :wub: :wub: :wub: 

LOUIS WALSH :wub: 

SHARON OSBOURNE :wub: 

NICOLE SCHERZINGER :wub: 

Simon Cowell :meh: Simon Cowell and his natural chemistry with Louis Walsh & Sharon Osbourne :wub: 

"Simon last won the show two years ago, Sharon won three years ago, Nicole won four years ago, Louis...it's great to have you back!" :rofl: TRUER WORDS NEVER SPOKEN.

Oh right, there are contestants, too. On with the show, I guess!

5 After Midnight - "Can't Stop the Feeling": I'm gonna be honest. I'm still on such a high for having the BEST judges back that these three could've literally shat on stage and I would've loved it. They were good I guess, taking into account that this is the first show. SHARON GRABBING NICOLE'S BREASTS :wub: 

Sam Lavery - "Impossible": Louis calling her a star :wub: Nicole saying she's like a warrior :wub: X FACTOR IS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT FANTASTIC JUDGES. Oh right, a contestant sang as well. I thought this was really impressive for a first performance. She did kind of shout the song, but then again after Louisa and Lauren did that all season I'm not gonna knock her too much. This was a good song choice and I hope she does well.

Oh my god, Sharon absolutely failing to introduce her next act. :rofl: "Nicky gave me as a wildcard...no, it was Simon! Or was it you, Louis? I DON'T KNOW! She's a star from Norway...FINLAND!" :rofl: 

Saara Aalto - "Let It Go": I honestly don't even care about these contestants, I just want to watch these judges. "Hi, Pumpkin Doodle! You were milking those notes!" "Let's just be clear: you're from Finland, and you weren't being milked." :rofl: The performance? I thought it was a mess. She needs better control of her voice, because her milking of the lower notes...well let's just say the milk was past the expiration date, and the high notes were way off. "Sharon, where is she from?" "ABROAD!" ❤️

Ryan Lawrie - "Perfect": Oh he's an adorable little bottom. ❤️ Louis calling him a pop star. :wub: YOU MISSED LOUIS CALLING EVERYONE POP STARS LAST SEASON, ADMIT IT! Sharon: "Oh, I've missed all these sayings, I really have!" SHARON IS ME. "You're so cute I could just SQUEEZE YOU!" SCHERZY GIVES A DAMN!!!!! Oh wait, a contestant performed, too. It was bad but who cares? He has more charisma than the entire boys category last year put together. Did his nudes leak?

Gifty Louise - "That's My Girl": She has stage presence in spades, but the vocals were lol.

Relley C - "Shackles (Praise You)": Not everyday that you see a gospel singer on X Factor. She's really good! She turned the X Factor into a church par-tay. ❤️

Matt Terry - "You Don't Own Me": Wait Louis Tomlinson who allowed you to audition again? You sly devil you. He's REALLY good! Definitely the best performance thus far. That high note at the end...wowza! Did HIS nudes leak? Nicole's almost leaked :rofl: 

Freddy Parker - "Killing Me Softly": Man, Nicole has 3 very pretty boys this year. Omg this is tragic. He even got off the piano halfway through the performance like all the it-girls! He had to have been the one who's nudes leaked. All the bad pretty boys got naked after the show!

Bratavio - "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom"/"Barbie Girl": Omg the gays are here finally. "Louis understands us creatively." OBVIOUSLY! "The only thing fake is our make-up and nails!" Omg this performance, I can't. I was mesmerized by the zebras in the background! Sharon: "If Louis and I were to have children, they would be you!" :lmao: SO TRUE!

Emily Middlemas - "Closer": Baby, pull me closer in the bathtub with a toaster. ❤️ I mean what? Lol this is really, really bad. Sharon hated it lmao, I saw her face at the end of the performance! Nicole is rightfully calling her out and even the boos agreed.

A Price is Right Wheel for themes? :haha: I hope it lands on Louis Loves!

Honey G - "California Love": Omg whatttt @ this girl. I don't know what this performance was, I'm speechless. But I can get behind an ironic rap act! "Tupac is dead!" "He may be rolling in his grave..." NICOLE IS THE SHADE QUEEN.

A lifeline vote? Did Simon seriously watch AI14, saw the twitter save, and think "Wow what a great idea!" :huh: The bottom 3 is pretty legit though. I'd have Gifty or Emily there instead of Bratavio, but Freddy and Saara weren't very good.

The pretty boy winning the lifeline vote? I'm SHOCKED, I tell you. SHOCKED.

Both sing-offs were a choice lol. Saara needs to learn to control her voice.

Sharon: "I love you guys, but I'm gonna have to send Bralario home." :( 

Louis: "It won't be the same show without them...but Saara was incredible!" WE LIVE FOR LOUIS SHADING HIS SHITTY ACTS.

This season is off to a great start, much better than how the previous two seasons started.

Edited by The Ghost of Weedy Speedy

I figured Reggie N Bollie would be your fave but I'm glad you at least like Louisa! One of my favorite winners, her vocals make up for the cliched songs she was given near the end. (And I loved GOK and EF more than you did.) The XF TPTB obviusly didn't want them winning.

Season 13 is bad for me based on the elimination order and they blatantly rigged the final lineup of 12 to get one person to win. Iguess they do this in most of the seasons but this one was particularly bad in my view. But yes, Louis shading Bratavio and clearing regretting having to vote against Saara who he loved was everything. :wub: 

6 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I figured Reggie N Bollie would be your fave but I'm glad you at least like Louisa! One of my favorite winners, her vocals make up for the cliched songs she was given near the end. (And I loved GOK and EF more than you did.) The XF TPTB obviusly didn't want them winning.

Lol like is a big word--I can't really see myself going out of my way to listen to her out of choice or anything seeing as most of the time on the show, she bored me to tears. "Let It Go" was good but she hugely benefited from being on a season where everyone was pretty much crap if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Season 13 is bad for me based on the elimination order and they blatantly rigged the final lineup of 12 to get one person to win. Iguess they do this in most of the seasons but this one was particularly bad in my view. But yes, Louis shading Bratavio and clearing regretting having to vote against Saara who he loved was everything. :wub: 

Hmm idk, so far (midway through the second performance show) most of the acts seem to actually be able to sing at least, which is nice after last season's ~hiatus of interesting talent. X Factor having awful elimination orders is nothing new (hello series 6/7/9) so I guess I'll see for myself how this goes. At least the judging panel is an upgrade by light years from series 12!

Oh everyone's favorite overdone theme, Motown. Yay.

Simon. Shave the stubble.

Freddy Parker - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough": Mediocre karaoke. He's lucky he's pretty.

Emily Middlemas - "Stop! In the Name of Love": So basic, it hurts.

Matt Terry - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine": In a different league compared to the first two performances. He's hot and he can sing, just killer.

Relley C - "Ain't No Sunshine": "We are now coming to the diva of all divas. It's Saara!" *beat* "It's Relley!" :lmao: Seems like we're getting to the good contestants now, because this was also excellent. I really hope she has some staying power in the competition. Over black women don't tend to do well on X Factor (unless you're Brenda :wub: )

Sam Lavery - "Hello": I was absolutely loving this performance at the beginning and I thought she sounded amazing. I was really tapping into the tone of her voice. And then the humongous key change happened and...oy. THAT should not have happened, the backing track started drowning her out and she was shouting just so she could be heard. I have no idea what the judges are talking about saying she has a great rock voice...I really hope that's not the route she starts going down moving forward.

5 After Midnight - "Get Ready"/"Reach Out I'll Be There": Another performance where I enjoyed the first half and didn't like the second half, this time due to the change of song. These judges LOL...let's simmer down a moment, they're not THAT good.

Ryan Lawrie - "Superstition": Lol @ this Emily beard relationship. Hopefully Ryan has found himself a nice boy by now. The performance was alright, nothing super amazing but I'm finding myself wanting to root for him for some reason. The Johnny Ruffo/Sam Callahan factor, I guess.

Honey G - "Mo Money Mo Problems": Ok so she's doing the same rap as last week...and now she's not doing anything? What? Is this gonna be her every week? If so, I'm over it already.

Gifty Louise - "Rockin' Robin": Wasn't feeling it. Shouting is not singing.

Saara Aalto - "River Deep Mountain High": It was alright. You've seen one RDMH performance, you've seen them all.

Four of Diamonds - "You Keep Me Hangin' On": Aww they seem so likable. :wub: This was a really good performance, nothing too original but lol nobody was original on this night. That being said, Louis' track record with girl groups isn't great, so good luck to them.

Saara didn't deserve bottom 3 this week. I'm not seeing what the public find appealing about Gifty and Emily.

Lol Freddy's toast since there was a different pretty boy in the bottom 3 this week. :haha: 

This sing-off is light years better than anything Freddy's done so far. If he had been singing like this to begin with, he wouldn't be in the bottom 2.

Saara's getting very emotional. She's killing the sing-off, though. The best she's done thus far as well.

The public vote was correct. It was probably the two boys in the bottom 2 to begin with.

Ranking of the top 10:

1. Matt

2. Relley

3. Sam

4. Saara (went up like two or three spots thanks to "Run")

5. Four of Diamonds

6. Ryan

7. Honey G

8. 5 After Midnight

9/10. Emily/Gifty

Edited by The Ghost of Weedy Speedy

Emily is from Scotland. She'll be around a while. I'll say that I think the producers wanted her and Ryan to B2 together for the ~drama. Will it happen? Watch and see. And lol at the Ryan beard comments. :dead: 

Louis Tomlinson clone..err...Matt Terry was one of maybe two people I liked during the season. Why so few? You'll see next week...