idolforums.com
Bk1234

The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

I have decided to start this show at 4pm EST because it works better for me, and I felt that giving people five hours to watch performances and decide who to vote for before the voting methods open would just be easier for them. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I have decided to start this show at 4pm EST because it works better for me, and I felt that giving people five hours to watch performances and decide who to vote for before the voting methods open would just be easier for them. 🙂

Thats fine!

• Thanks 1

When do we get results???....I'll be mega annoyed if we have to get through all 18 seasons until we know any results...

34 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

When do we get results???....I'll be mega annoyed if we have to get through all 18 seasons until we know any results...

If I am able to put together the Season 3 show tomorrow morning, the results for Seasons 1-3 will be revealed in a show on Saturday. 🙂 However, the wildcard show will occur after every season has gone since the judges need to pick based on everyone who wasn’t voted through. 

Welcome to the Very First Season 2 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

All Season 2 Voting Will Open at 9pm EST

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show!  🙂

Kicking off this second batch of contestants is our huggable friend from Alabama… 

Ruben Studdard

Song: Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Ruben, send me a PM with the number 201. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post). 

Judges’ Comments

JC: Ruuuuuuuuben, you can definitely sang! You were taking me to church :bobo: I enjoyed this performance, your vocals are smooth as butter.

A-Kid: This is a really great performance Ruben! You have such big soulful voice, it's got so much depth and levels to it that is really interesting. I also love that rasp in your voice, it adds so much flavor in your performance tonight. 

thevoiceisthetop: This was a fun performance and very strong and a very excellent performance.

Bk1234: Nice way to start the show, Ruben! Like the other judges, I love your full, soulful voice. What I liked the most though was that you came across as very likable, which is very important in this type of competition. Anyway, keep doing you and singing well, and I’m sure the votes will come flying in!

Up next is a contestant from Broomfield, Connecticut… 

Julia DeMato

Song: Son of a Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield) 

Voting Details: Julia’s PM voting number is 202. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: Julia! I grew up in CT too, so I gotta root for my stateswoman. I thought this was a great performance too, honestly these Season 2 performances are slaying pretty much all of the Season 1 performances other than Kelly's. Amazing rasp and loved the vocals.

A-Kid: Honestly, your voice is like that type of voice that I would like to hear in a radio, it's just so timeless and sophisticated. I love that attitude that you showed in your performance. However, I think I needed to hear more from you to convince me or us to pick you into the final 4 for this batch, yes it was fun, but I was kind of hoping to hear more of your potential through your performance tonight supposedly, but I think it did not do it for me, it was too laid back for my taste, it can be a boring one too to some.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a cool performance. I just don't think it was good enough to prove you want to move on.

Bk1234: Before I start with your critique Julia, I just wanted to make a small correction in @anonymouskid_35 critique. I think @anonymouskid_35 meant to say that they didn’t think it was enough to convince IDF to vote for you. Anyway, I thought you gave a nice performance tonight, Julia! I love your tone, and thought you showed it off quite well with this song! Contrary to @anonymouskid_35's critique, I think you did a good enough job to be one of the top four vote-getters, especially if tonight goes the same way the Season 1 show went…

Up next is a contestant who gave up academics for his love of music… 

Charles Grigsby

Song: You Can’t Win (Michael Jackson) 

Voting Details: If you believe that Charles can win, shoot me a PM with the number 203. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Okay, so Season 2 vocals continuing to slay Season 1 for sure. Your voice sounded great, and I liked that you moved around the stage and owned it. You are quite the entertainer. The middle got a little pitchy though so I would watch out to keep your voice on point throughout the entire performance.

A-Kid: It was honestly a fun performance, however it did not do it for me. It is honestly that performance that was supposed to be a really fun performance, but it went boring for me. It stayed monotonous all throughout the performance, nothing was leveling up, it did not do justice to your voice, because I really can see so much potential in your voice.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a fun performance but we're not looking for just fun because this performance was so mediocre that I am hoping you don't make the top 4. 

Bk1234: Sorry Charles, but that was the definition of mediocre. You struggled to hit some of the notes, which was especially evident when you tried to do that huge run at the end, and you could not match the energy that you tried to convey with your hands. Charles, let this settle in. Only four of this group will be automatically safe. This performance just didn’t reach the level needed to secure a spot for me, but hey, maybe IDF thought differently… 

Posted (edited)

Up next is a contestant who goes by their middle name… 

Trenyce

Song: Love Sneakin’ Up on You (Bonnie Raitt) 

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Trenyce, send me a PM with the number 204. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation! 

Edited by Bk1234

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Kicking off this second batch of contestants is our huggable friend from Alabama… 

Ruben Studdard

Song: Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Ruben, send me a PM with the number 201. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post). 

A missed opportunity to give Ruben the number 205! 😆

• Haha 1

Judges’ Comments

JC: Yas, this voice and that charisma is everything. Loved this, way to show everyone how a true diva slays. Amazing performance! You are a queen ❤️ 

A-Kid: What a powerhouse performance! That was really a powerful and soulful performance from you, it have so much "flavor" to it that really captured my attention. I really love your stage presence as well, it really added some nice touches to your performance, the way how you handled yourself while performing on stage was spot on. This is easily a really great impression for me, I can see you doing well in this show.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a good performance, my problem with it though was it just sounded like you were grunting during the whole song. 

Bk1234: Definitely the best performance so far! Your vocals were very strong and you showed just the right type of attitude needed to pull off the song. I think you could have laid off on the growls a bit, but it didn’t get to the point where it became an annoyance. Overall, great job, and good luck in the votes! 

Up next is a contestant from Atlanta, singing a Supremes hit… 

Vanessa Olivarez

Song: You Keep Me Hangin’ On (The Supremes) 

Voting Details: If you want to hang on to Vanessa, send me a PM with the number 205. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: This was a nice uptempo performance, some good singing for sure. And I like that it had some excitement to it. Honestly, if this keeps up, we should just eliminate 90% of Season 1. Great job girl, I was pleasantly surprised.

A-Kid:
Well, technically, I really have no problem with your performance. You have so much punk and coolness in your aura that showed in your performance. This was a fun performance, but I feel like I was lacking something on it, I think I really can't connect to your performance tonight, IDK.

thevoiceisthetop: This was very pitchy and I like your flamboyance. 

Bk1234: You gave a pretty good performance Vanessa. Yes, it was pitchy at some points, but I felt that the song fit you like a sweater. The spunky vibe that you gave off fit the song perfectly. If you move on to the next round, keep picking good songs, but also focus on your vocals.

Next to perform is a school teacher from Texas… 

Rickey Smith

Song: I’ve Done Enough Dyin’ Today (Larry Gatlin)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Rickey, send me a PM with the number 206. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation! 

Judges’ Comments

JC: You have a great voice, but I was not a fan of this song choice. It was kind of boring and indulgent. So not my cup of tea, but I you definitely have the potential for a great performance with a better song.

A-Kid: The thing I like about you is you are so much in control of everything that you did in your performance. You have so much soulfulness yet sweet voice, I actually really like when you are shifting from to falsetto, it is so clean. Got goosebumps all over my body because of your performance. One advice though, just connect more to the song, and be in the moment, to make your performances in the future more believable.

thevoiceisthetop: I really liked this performance. Your falsetto is very strong and powerful that I got chills just hearing it for the first time. 

Bk1234: That was a pretty solid performance Rickey. There were a couple pitch issues and areas where you had a bit of trouble holding out your notes, but otherwise, it was really good! Your voice is so soothing, I could listen to it all day! Your falsetto placements were excellent too! Overall, good job Rickey! 

Next up is an infamous contestant from Rialto, California… 

Corey Clark

Song: Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me) (Phil Collins) 

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Corey, send me a PM with the number 207. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post). 

Posted (edited)

Judges’ Comments

JC: This sounded very karaoke and was pitchy and all over the place. Definitely nothing special, I could sing this in a karaoke bar better so I am sorry, but not impressed. Also, the high parts were making me cringe. Yikes.

A-Kid: There's no denying that you've got a really good voice and huge range, Clark, that definitely was shown tonight. However, if I'm being honest, there were couple of mistakes done in this performance. First, the song was actually a really emotional one, or let's say, a song that'll capture your heart when you hear it, but in your version, I really felt disconnected all throughout, I feel like you are singing using only your voice and not your heart. Next is I feel like you tend to be sharp when you show so much of your range, you've got a really loss of control there.

thevoiceisthetop: WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL WAS THIS. You legit sounded like you were whining the whole time. Your voice isn't great tbh. 

Bk1234: I’m trying to find something good to say about this performance, but I just can’t… It started very shaky and when you went up to your high notes you went sharp. Not to mention you looked like you were literally taking a stroll down the street when singing this powerful, emotion song. Overall, I felt no emotion, saw no vocal prowess, and saw a lack of vocal control. Definitely, the worst of the night so far. 

Edited by Bk1234

Next up is a contestant who legally changed their last name…

Clay Aiken

Song: Somewhere Out There (Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Clay, send me a PM with the number 208. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: I am obsessed with your voice. This was stunning, you are an amazing singer with such great control. I see you on Broadway being quite the star. Definitely the performance of the night so far with Kelly! There was a little quiver on that last note, but otherwise, flawless!

A-Kid: What a powerful performance, Clay! I am actually surprised at how deep yet got a huge range your voice is. You're so in control of everything that you did in that performance, I love how powerful yet subtle your voice is. I really can see you growing more as an artist if you ever move forward.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a very strong performance and I just want to say welcome to the top 4.

Bk1234: Wow, nice job Clay! You have such a massive range! It can go from low, low notes to pretty high notes. This song definitely showed off your voice and range well. I am very excited for what you will bring to the competition, as I believe that this was only the tip of the iceberg! Overall, the best performance of the night so far!