The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Season 1 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The long awaited Season 1 show will begin on Wednesday, August 5, at 8pm EST. 

Details

• All ten Season 1 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • The Survey Heart and Google Forms poll will open after the show, while PM voting will open at the start of the show. (Please view main post for voting details.) 
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 1 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Who are you guys looking forward to from Season 1 (aka, an attempt to keep this thread alive 😂)? 

Edit: I added birthday emojis next to contestants whose birthday is today! 😁

Ofc Tamyra and Kelly HAHAHAHA

• Haha 1

Just another reminder that the Season 1 show will begin today at 8pm EST. 

PM voting will open at 8pm EST, while the other voting methods will open at the end of the show. (Please view main post for more details.)

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Just another reminder that the Season 1 show will begin today at 8pm EST. 

PM voting will open at 8pm EST, while the other voting methods will open at the end of the show. (Please view main post for more details.)

:thumbs: Rooting for Tamyra and Kelly!

Edited by randomgirl
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Very First Season 1 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

PM Voting Is Now OPEN!

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show!  🙂 

• Like 2

Kicking off this competition is a woman from Sunland, California…

Ryan Starr

Song: The Frim-Fram Sauce (Nat King Cole)

Voting Details: Ryan’s number for PM voting is 101. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant! (Please view the main post for other voting details.)

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

Judges’ Comments

JC: You definitely have some great power in your voice, I like the slight rasp, but I definitely think you have potential to do even better.

A-Kid: I thought the start up to the middle was really good. The pitch and the phrasing is on point. However, at the near end of the performance, I felt like it was a bit pitchy, specifically when you went to the higher register of your voice, also I felt like it was too cabaret for my taste? But, I really can imagine many songs that'll showcase your voice more, I am interested to hear more from you. Watch out also on overusing growls, just use it at the right time.

Thevoiceisthetop: This was good and I think you have a shot at making the top 4 if you keep singing songs like these.

Bk1234: I really enjoyed this performance from you, Ryan! I thought that the growls were well-placed and that you showed us the attitude needed for the song. I think you have a solid chance at being one of the top four vote-getters, but I haven’t seen how you stack up to everyone else yet, so we’ll see.

• Like 1

Our next performer hails from the peach state… 

R.J. Helton

Song: I’ll Be There (The Jackson Five)

Voting Details: R.J. will be there for you, but will you be there for him? R.J.’s PM voting number is 102. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other methods detailed in main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: I think you have a pretty voice, really enjoyed this performance, but I have a feeling you are capable of even more!

A-Kid: I really love how manly your voice is, and I think it is actually a decent performance. You're on pitch all throughout the performance, you've got an r&b type of voice, I can see many songs suiting in your voice well. However, I felt like in this performance, the runs were overused somehow, there were some parts that is not necessary for the runs that you made. In all, this is a decent performance from you.

thevoiceisthetop: This wasn't amazing like top 4 this season worthy but it was a nice laid back vocal and I could maybe see you in the top 4.

Bk1234: I thought you gave a pretty solid performance. The tone of your voice is very calming, though I think at some points the runs became a bit excessive, taking away from that sensation. My advice for you would be to always prioritize emotional delivery over the riffs and runs. Sometimes, you can even mix them together, which I felt you pulled off with the run at the end. Overall, I felt you did a nice job! 

Next up is the heartthrob of the group...

Justin Guarini 

Song: P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (Michael Jackson) 

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Justin, send me a PM with the number 103. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant for this method, but please keep it to one conversation.

• Like 1

Judges’ Comments

JC: Love Michael Jackson, this was a fun performance. There were definitely some issues vocally, but you have good charisma. You're definitely not the best singer, but you are quite the performer.

A-Kid: It was not really a pitch perfect performance, just like the others so far tonight. But, I feel like I had enjoyed myself into that performance, you really brought your energy tonight and gave it to us. I could see a lot of potential in you, you're a blast on that performance. Just be careful on your notes sometimes, your moves are sometimes overpowering your vocals, making it kind of shaky for this performance.

thevoiceisthetop: WOW that made me get up and dance but I'm going to be completely honest that was the most cheesiest thing I have ever seen. 

Bk1234: Ok, Justin, I am going to tell you the honest truth, that was not great… It started off ok in the beginning, but as the song dragged on you brought out the horrific dancing, which seemed to take priority over your vocals, especially when you went up to your upper register. It felt to me that you tried to imitate Michael Jackson, but it just didn’t work, sorry… I do have to admit that I see some potential in you, so maybe IDF will too? 

Next, we have a performer who wasn’t originally supposed to be here... 

EJay Day

Song: My Girl (The Temptations)

Voting Details: EJay’s PM voting number is 104. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods will be detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: I think you are a decent singer, but I did not like this song choice for you. It was a little boring, and I think you could have done better.

A-Kid: It was not technically perfect, you've got pitch issues sometimes when you go to your head voice. But, this is honestly a  good performance, you've got such soulful smooth voice in you, you did not do any runs or growls or anything. I was just finding for more authenticity, but overall, I really liked this performance, you've got tons of potential.

thevoiceisthetop: This sounded so nasal and screechy and if you make the top 4 I'd be shocked. 

Bk1234: Sorry EJay, but this was not great, especially considering there are only four safe slots per season… It was definitely pitchy at times and it seemed that you had trouble holding out some notes in your upper register. My advice for you would be to arrange a song so that it fits your vocal capabilities. Yes, take risks, but make sure you can pull them off!

Coming up is our very own vocal powerhouse, who is also from the peach state…

Tamyra Gray

Song: Feel the Fire (Stephanie Mills)

Voting Details: If you felt the fire and passion from Tamyra, send me a PM with the number 105. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation. 

Judges’ Comments

JC: This was definitely the most polished performance of the night so far. No question you have an amazing voice, but you could definitely push it more, as I was not as excited by this performance as I could be. It was a little predictable, but you have powerhouse vocals for sure.

A-Kid: You've got such powerful and soulful voice, you've also got a really massive range. This performance was really good. Just be careful on your notes sometimes, especially when you are "taking off", make every note count. I can see a massive potential to you too.

thevoiceisthetop: DAMN THOSE VOCALS ARE REALLY GOOD If you don't make top 4 I'd be surprised because ur runs just sound so effortless. 

Bk1234: Wow, what a breath of fresh air! Your runs were so clean and effortless! My only advice for you would be to make sure you can fully hit those high notes. You don’t want to just barely hit them because it creates a screechy sound. Go for that nice full sound that I know you can pull off! 

Edited by Bk1234

Our next contestant comes from the sunny state of Florida…

Christina Christian

Song: At Last (Glenn Miller and his Orchestra)

Voting Details: Christina’s PM voting number is 106. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method! (Other voting methods will be detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: I feel like you can definitely sing, but this was a little too indulgent. You need to pull it back in a few places, as it was a little cringey in parts.

A-Kid: This is so far the most likeable performance tonight, you've got one of those voices that is so timeless and classy. You've got so much finesse in your voice, I really like this performance, just a slight pitch issue at the near end, but it was honestly a really good performance. I also love your vibrato, for me it was a nice touch to your voice. I can see so much potential in you too. 

thevoiceisthetop: You were really good but my problem is your vibrato because it sounds very goaty like if I had my eyes closed I would think it was a goat. 

Bk1234: Sorry, but I did not enjoy the excessive vibrato that was shown in your performance. In order to make your vibrato impactful, you have to save it for the right moment! Otherwise, it was a pretty solid performance. I think you have a good shot at being one of the top four vote-getters, unless IDF was also turned off by your excessive vibrato…

Our next contestant hails from the state of Washington…

A.J. Gil

Song: My Cherie Amour (Stevie Wonder)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for A.J. shoot me a PM with the number 107. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation.