The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: Such a pretty voice, I could definitely enjoy listening to this voice while I fell asleep. However, I was not blown away.

A-Kid: This was a smooth and silky performance. Your voice, AJ, is really suitable to these type of songs, an r&b type. Your voice is sometimes sounding nasally, just be careful on it. I cannot see what more you can do based on that performance, but if I'll be basing on your voice, I really can imagine songs that'll show your voice more.

thevoiceisthetop: This was decent but was also kinda nasally and I'm wondering if this was the best you could have done.

Bk1234: Out of all the boys so far, I think you did the best, so good job on that A.J.! I thought the performance was enjoyable, but not perfect, as there were some pitchy moments. The song showed off your voice pretty well, but I also feel that there are other songs that will truly give it justice! 

Our next performer comes from Texas’ very own Grand Prairie…

Nikki McKibbin

Song: Mary Jane (Alanis Morissette) 

Voting Details: Nikki’s PM voting number is 108. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post). 

Judges’ Comments

JC: You are not my type of contestant, but I think of all the performances we have seen tonight, you are the most exciting so far. Some parts were a little shrieky, but overall great performance.

A-Kid: I will be brutally honest, I think it was a pitchy performance all through out? I mean yeah, you've got a good voice, at least better than the average ones, but I think this performance did not do your voice any justice. I really needed more power for the higher parts of the song, this song was just a hard one to sing, but I'll say a nice attempt for you.

thevoiceisthetop: TBH I wasn't a fan of your voice it kinda sounded screechy but I think you could make the top 4. 

Bk1234: Sorry, but definitely the worst performance so far… Your unique voice really carried your performance to a decent level. It was very pitchy throughout the performance, and it became especially evident when you tried to hit those high notes. I don’t know Nikki, you might have shot yourself in the foot with this one, or you might have scored points in IDF’s book for having a unique voice. All we can do is wait and see. 

Next to perform is a contestant from Illinois… 

Jim Verraros

Song: Easy (The Commodores) 

Voting Details: It’s so easy to vote for Jim. Just shoot me a PM with the number 109. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method.

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: I really want to root for you because I know you from the Eating Out movies, but this was just terrible. I do not know what else to say, sorry.

A-Kid: Ooh, I think that was yet another bad performance, honestly. It was really out of tune at times, and was pitchy. I really don't know what more to say, this was a nice attempt for you but it fell really flat, at least for me. It really is the worst so far tonight, I'm sorry.

thevoiceisthetop: This was so pitchy that I'm wondering did you even try your hardest?

Bk1234: I stand corrected, this was definitely the worst performance of the night! It was extremely pitchy throughout the entire song. Your voice honestly started to become a bit of an annoyance, which I usually don’t say. I will compliment you on one thing, your hair looks great, so good job to the stylists on that. If you get to sing again next week or during the wildcard round, please make your performance as good as your hairstyle! 

Closing the show is another vocal powerhouse, but this time, they’re from Texas…

Kelly Clarkson

Song: Without You (Badfinger)

Voting Details: If you believe that the competition won’t be the same without Kelly, shoot me a PM with the number 110. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post). 

Judges’ Comments

JC: I mean, no question this was the performance of the night. You have amazing vocals, there was drama, and I was excited to hear the next note throughout the entire performance. Also you look like a Goddess in that red dress. Stunning queen stays queen ❤️

A-Kid: Ooh girl, this is the best performance so far. I love your high register, and the highest parts in the song. But, that was not the most I'm intrigued to, what I loved the most is how you have so much control in your lower register, many can belt, but only few can have such control over their lower registers. I love every second of that performance, it was spot on. I really can see so much potential in you, a star in the making.

thevoiceisthetop: WOW YOU’RE SO GOOD AND I WANNA SEE YOU WIN THIS WHOLE THING. Your runs are just so effortless too and you are great at showing emotion while you sing.

Bk1234: Definitely the best performance of the night! You are the only person tonight who I think has a fair chance of winning this whole thing! You danced around the low notes, you belted the high notes, AND you delivered the emotions quite well. Kelly, you can do it all! Something tells me that this is just the surface of your talent too, which excites me. 

That Is The End of the Show!

How To Vote:

You Can Use As Many Methods As You Want!

Survey Heart Voting ♥️: Credit to @anonymouskid_35 for the idea. 

• You will "vote" by ranking the performances from worst to best. 
  • Each question will contain a performance and you will select a placement/point value for it. 
  • For example, if you thought Jim Verraros delivered the best performance, you would select the option "1st Place (10 pts.)"
  • There will also be a question asking for your IDF Account Display Name. You can only vote ONCE per IDF Account! 
  • Please do not give more than one performance the same point value or I will disregard all of your votes! 
  • Current Survey Heart pollhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5f2b292310d9e90fd17d14f1

IDF Private Message (PM) Voting: 

• You can "vote" by shooting be a PM with the the contestant's number and the number of times you want to vote for that contestant. 
  • You can vote 10 times per contestant with this method. 
  • All contestant numbers will be revealed during the first show for their season. The number will be the same for the entire competition! 
  • Please keep all of your votes in one private conversation with me! 
  • For example, if you wanted to vote for Kelly Clarkson 10 times, you would PM @Bk1234 "110 (x10)."
  • PM Voting Is Currently Open. 

Google Forms Voting: 

• You can vote for all your favorites on a Google Form. 
  • You will have to give your IDF Account Display Name. 
  • You can vote using a total of five Google accounts. 
  • I will disregard all of your votes (on all Google accounts) if you use more than five Google accounts. 
  • Current Google Forms poll: https://forms.gle/cv1Mae5Rznist8cN6

ALL SEASON 1 VOTING WILL CLOSE TOMORROW AT 9:00 PM

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

Contestant Numbers for PM Voting

Ryan Starr- 101

R.J. Helton- 102

Justin Guarini- 103

EJay Day- 104

Tamyra Gray- 105

Christina Christian- 106

A.J. Gil- 107

Nikki McKibbin- 108

Jim Verraros- 109

Kelly Clarkson- 110

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

It's going to take me awhile to decide how to do this...LOL..

You can do all the methods, if that’s what you mean. If you’re having trouble deciding who to vote for, just wait till we get to the more competitive seasons... 😅

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

You can do all the methods, if that’s what you mean. If you’re having trouble deciding who to vote for, just wait till we get to the more competitive seasons... 😅

I'm having trouble because I missed Season 1...therefore, I only know Kelly Clarkson...LOL...

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, IAN27TAY said:

ok so i can vote only 6x in google forms (5 Google acc and 1 Idf acc) but i can pick unlimited contestant? is that right?

You can only vote 5x in google forms (basically, 5 Google accounts per IDF account). Yes, you can vote for as many contestants as you want. 

• Like 1

I just about finished deciding...might throw a couple joke votes for this season because why not????....i only actually care about 2 of these contestants anyways...LOL...I'll vote tomorrow morning...hopefully I remember...LOL...

Edited by kenboy123
  • Haha 1

Season 2 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The first Season 2 show will begin on Thursday, August 6, at 4pm EST. 

Details

• All 12 Season 2 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • All voting methods for Season 2 will open at 9pm EST. (Season 1 voting methods will close at 9pm EST.)
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 2 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 2