Tom and Andy's Music Lists Extravaganza

#jeah

source.gif

AshamedAggressiveKakapo-small.gif

Sooooo @~Tom~ and I have been talking about doing this for awhile, and we have finally decided to pull the trigger on this!

Basically what we are going to be doing here is taking turns picking a topic, whether it be an artist's discography, or a particular album, or favorite albums from XXX year or decade etc, and rank them with commentary! We'll be throwing shade and supporting each other's lists while providing our own feedback and thoughts. Tom and I have some overlap in our music tastes, but we definitely don't always see eye to eye. Over the last couple of years we have shared songs and artists with each other and we figured now is the time to take it to a more public place!

Feel free to lurk, comment, provide feedback, throw shade back at us, whatever! Maybe if this takes off we'll have some guest lists from anyone else who's interested! I'm not anticipating a large audience, if any, but this will be a fun avenue for us to post our opinions and even share what we're listening to now. Let's dooooooo this!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHARLI XCX - ANDY RANKS THE ALBUMS

I'll do a list of my favorite songs of hers later, but I wanted to start out with a ranking of one of my favorite pop artists to debut in the last decade - Miss Charlotte Aitchison aka Charli XCX, the British singer-songwriter who has had a massively successful career in the music industry thus far. She started her career in 2010 and released mixtapes in 2011-2012, but burst into the scene in 2013 with her debut album, True Romance. What has followed has been a string of LPs and mixtapes of her own, along with a series of hits that she co-wrote for other artists, including Icona Pop's I Love It, Shawn and Camila's Señorita, and Selena Gomez's Same Old Love. Anyways, here's my brief ranking of albums she's done since her debut in 2013:

7. Vroom Vroom EP (2016)

VroomVroomEP.png

The Good: It's experimental, it's forward focused, it's different

The Bad: Idk, I don't like this one all that much and it's the only one she's put out that I don't really listen to at all. I don't find any of the songs all that catchy or memorable. I like what she's trying to do here but it's not for me.

6. Sucker (2014)

Charli_XCX_-_Sucker.png

The Good: There are some really good pop songs on here. It's straight-forward, hard-hitting bubblegum pop. This was the era that made Charli somewhat of a big name in the mainstream world - songs like Break The Rules and Doing It had somewhat of an impact on the radio, and then Boom Clap was a bonafide single for her. It's a good album to have playing in the background while hanging out or working or something.

The Bad: Nothing here is really all that groundbreaking; it kind of feels like Charli's love letter to mainstream pop. I love many tracks here but nothing is an all-time favorite of mine and there's a decent amount of filler.

5. Number 1 Angel (2017)

Charli_XCX_-_Number_1_Angel.png

The Good: Super cohesive, airtight production and very focused especially for a mixtape. Most of the features here are well-placed. Lots of bops here; the first half especially is full of back-to-back-to-back bops. It feels like she's just having fun making music here - 3AM (Pull Up), ILY2, and Lipgloss for example are all just really irreverent and fun songs.

The Bad: Emotionally, it's kind of lacking in the lyrics. The production is relatively consistent but also unvaried. It's not the most memorable or game changing of her records.

4. Charli (2019)

220px-Charli_XCX_-_Charli.png

The Good: Super diverse sonically, varied production that is very well done and exciting at times. Some of her best songs ever are found here, and emotionally it is very raw at times and musically this represents Charli's career very well. Not all of the features work as well as others, but you can tell she got to work with a lot of people she loves and admires here and some of the collabs knock it out of the park. Gone, Cross You Out, 2099, and Click in particular are excellent collaborations that are tailor made for the artist(s) that Charli is working with. Lots of really cool moments here. It's one wild ride.

The Bad: Ngl it's a bit bloated and some of the tracks in the middle could have been left off. There's not a BAD song here per say, but imo it loses focus a bit and the pacing of the songs isn't perfect. I kind of get bored by the time, say, White Mercedes starts (even though I love that song). It picks up steam by the end but sometimes I stop it after the fifth song because the album starts out on such a high note then dips in quality a tad as it goes on. There are also a LOT of features here, which isn't a bad thing to me personally. But a lot of the features aren't necessary.

3. Pop 2 (2017)

Charli_XCX_-_Pop_2.png

The Good: This is definitely a fan and critic favorite, and for good reason - it's forward thinking, sonically interesting, engaging, catchy, unique, and fun. Charli rounded up some big names for this one - getting Carly Rae Jepsen is huge (the gays are being FED). Caroline Polachek, Tove Lo, and Kim Petras were all great here too. The fact that this is a mixtape - not even an official release - and she managed to put all of this together is no small feat.

The Bad: Idk, personally there are a couple of skippable songs on here and so I don't think this is a 10/10 like many claim it is. Femmebot and Delicious in particular are the two songs I could do without, and a few others that I really like but don't go out of my way to listen to (e.g. Out of My Head and Tears).

2. True Romance (2013)

Charli_XCX_-_True_Romance.png

The Good: What a debut. This is stylistically very confident. Charli was going for that goth pop and nailed it here with almost every single song. Many songs here are ridiculously catchy and some of these songs could and should have been big hits for her. It's got that dark 80s synth-pop that I absolutely adore with production from Ariel Rechtshaid, whose work I love in many other albums. So many bops here, from Nuclear Seasons to Stay Away to You're the One...so many jams

The Bad: There are definitely a few songs that don't stand up with the rest, namely Cloud Aura (Brooke Candy is kind of annoying here tbh) and How Can I. While this is a great album, it's clear that Charli definitely had room to improve and grow as an artist, and I think she was still figuring out her sound here. But it doesn't bother me; I love the style of the album and don't mind that it's a bit underdeveloped compared with her later stuff.

1. how i'm feeling now (2020)

220px-Charli_XCX_-_How_I'm_Feeling_Now.p

The Good: I never would have thought that Charli would casually drop the best album of her career (thus far) in the middle of a pandemic. Released in May 2020, the entire album was recorded while Charli was in quarantine...quarantine began in March 2020, which means this whole thing was done almost exclusively by Charli in two months. Even if the music weren't incredible, that's still a great feat. And surprise, the songs themselves are all top notch. There's honestly not a single dud here. Every song fits the mood of the album and feels like it belongs. They're all catchy and memorable (some more than others of course) and perfectly encapsulate that feeling we've all had during this time stuck in our houses. Charli, historically, has been very big on going out and partying and having fun and those themes all bleed into her music. This album deals with the loneliness, the regret, the time spent away from others, but it does it through the lens of an extrovert. So thematically it's very strong imo. And there are so many BOPS here, she is feeding her fans!

The Bad: Again, the quality varies here, and imo the last two tracks are two of my least favorites on the album. My top favorite albums all have incredible closers and I don't think "visions" is the best closer....but again that's a small nitpicky problem because I still really like that song. I just wish she closed the album with "party 4 u" tbh, that would have been epic. Besides that, no real complaints. Production is airtight and I like that she doesn't have any features here really. It makes it super personal.

I'll do a list of songs later. I'm not sure how many I'm going to do, at least a top 20 or 25, depending on how many songs of hers I'm passionate enough to talk about :haha: 

9 hours ago, Deeee said:

Vroom Vroom being disrespected like this.

tumblr_o2kaj2HB4A1rlafseo1_400.gif

I know I’m a terrible Charli fan :haha: I know that a lot of people love it and it changed the landscape for PC music in a lot of ways I just literally never listen to it!

Obviously I love how i'm feeling now and consider it her best of what I've heard from her. i finally understand, enemy, and claws are the highlights for me and I love the dark lyrics. 

I've listened to Charli as well and like it for the most part but click isn't my cup of tea as you know. :haha: 

I've listened to a couple songs from Number 1 Angel but they didn't stick with me. And Boom Clap is obviously my favorite from her. :haha: 

I'm not familiar with the other albums but I'm sure I'll get more familiar with them when you post your favorite songs!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Obviously I love how i'm feeling now and consider it her best of what I've heard from her. i finally understand, enemy, and claws are the highlights for me and I love the dark lyrics. 

I've listened to Charli as well and like it for the most part but click isn't my cup of tea as you know. :haha: 

I've listened to a couple songs from Number 1 Angel but they didn't stick with me. And Boom Clap is obviously my favorite from her. :haha: 

I'm not familiar with the other albums but I'm sure I'll get more familiar with them when you post your favorite songs!

Yeah they're dark lyrics for sure! Or at least super open and vulnerable.

Click is a weird song for sure :haha: 

Ooh Boom Clap isn't a favorite of mine :ph34rwave: I don't mind it but it's a bit basic sounding for my liking and it wears thin on many listens (and we know how the radio LOVES to kill songs like that)

Sounds good!

CHARLI XCX - ANDY'S TOP 40 SONGS

40. Doing It - feat. Rita Ora (from Sucker)

Super catchy chorus, Rita's feature doesn't feel all that necessary here (as is the case with most of her music tbh). But definitely one of the best songs off of Sucker as it's just a really well made pop song.

39. Fancy - by Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX (from Iggy's album The New Classic)

You know this song, I know this song. Everyone knows this song. Let's be clear, Iggy is not the greatest rapper on the planet, and I don't think I've ever heard a song of hers that I like besides this one. But that chorus is just SUCH an earworm and Iggy's verses have always been a guilty pleasure of mine. So sue me, I like this song!

38. Porsche - feat. MØ (from Pop 2)

This song is a SERVE! MØ is someone who I've always really liked even though her music doesn't usually reach the heights I know she's capable of reaching. This is a fairly straightfowrard pop song, especially off of this particular mixtape, but it's really well produced and has a really strong chorus. I definitely want to see Charli work with MØ again in the future.

37. Lipgloss - feat. cupcakKe (from Number 1 Angel)

Tom's favorite artist! :bobo: This is definitely an annoying song lmao but the chorus "OOH OOH I keep it sticky icky like lip gloss" has literally been stuck in my head all day lol. CupcakKe does her thing here, I'm not the biggest fan of hers but Charli finds a way to bring out the best in her whenever she features in one of her songs. So yeah, this is a bop imo.

36. February 2017 - feat. Clairo and Yaeji (from Charli)

I was a tad disappointed in the song when it first came out. I like both Yaeji and Clairo and was super excited to see them feature in a Charli song, but when it came out, it was quite short and the featured artists seemed underutilized. But really I think they're there to just enhance the story of the song, which is clearly about a very specific moment in Charli's life. I've grown to love it and think it's very pretty.

35. Anthems (from how i'm feeling now)

Really fun song, love the party synths. This is a song about missing the pre-COVID days and wanting to go out and party and let loose and have fun. Not one of my top faves from her newest album but I know it is for a lot of people and I get it. It's super energetic

34. Thoughts (from Charli)

Pretty unique song for her catalogue both lyrically and sonically. It's incredibly open and feels like a page ripped out of Charli's diary. It's about her thinking on her current life situation and grappling with the regrets and sadness that comes with it. There's this robotic, angry, warped THX-like backing music invading the song that adds to the almost eerie lyrics. I can't listen to this all that often because of how heavy it makes me feel, but that's the power of good music.

33. ILY2 (from Number 1 Angel)

Not too much to talk about on this one; it's just a really catchy and sweet song. Those guitar riffs in the second half give me liiiiife omg this is a really well-made song. 

32. Dream Glow - by BTS feat. Charli XCX (from BTS's album BTS World Game Soundtrack)

This song is a serve, Charli can truly find a way to collaborate with anyone and create magic. I love how this song is a marriage of kpop sounds and Charli's PC pop that she does in her music. This is really catchy!

31. Silver Cross (from Charli)

One of the best solo songs from Charli. Silver Cross manages to both sound really fresh and modern, and really futuristic. It's a good representation of the music Charli was going for with this album.

Edited by #jeah

30. Just Desserts - feat. Marina and the Diamonds

Back when Charli and Marina were friends :broken: I remember this came out on my birthday back in 2013, and these were two of my favorite pop artists at the time (still are), so suffice it to say I was thrilled. I actually think this is a legitimately great song - it's got the sugary sweet feel that Marina's known for, while having biting lyrics and cynical undertones, which go well with Charli's style (especially back in 2013). I honestly would probably have this higher if it were officially released as a single and if it were on streaming services - I haven't listened to it much since 2013 because I don't listen to music on YouTube all that often.

29. Lucky (from Pop 2)

A pretty minimalist song for Charli, production wise, so it makes it quite unique and I absolutely love this. I think it's one of the hidden gems off of Pop 2. Charli's always been really good at getting her emotions across in her music, which can be really iconic because she always distorts or affects her vocals...she does it quite liberally here and even does some weird high-pitched whale noises at the end. Yet through it all you can hear her pain in the words she sings. I definitely think this is one of the best uses of autotune ever in a song and am wondering why I don't have it ranked higher. Oh well!

28. Break the Rules (from Break the Rules)

This song is super brash, defiant, in your face. It's straight up pop and is imo, the best song off its titular album. The urgent pounding bassy synths or whatever it is are super fun. The lyrics are kinda bratty and dumb but it totally works here lol it's like the ultimate playing hooky song.

27. detonate (from how i'm feeling now)

Love the glistening, sparkly production here and this is one of her catchiest songs to date. It kind of reminds me of something that Grimes would do on Art Angels - big compliment as that is one of the best pop albums of last decade. This is definitely a top 20-worthy song; my only complaint is I feel like it doesn't build up as much as I'd like, the pace kind of stays even throughout. Which isn't always a bad thing - the energy of this song just feels like it's building up to something more. So it took a bit for it to grow on me, but I love it as is now. Super catchy!

26. 1999 - feat. Troye Sivan (from Charli)

Bop alert! :bobo: Although it's kind of funny that, let's see......Charli would have been 7 years old in 1999 and Troye would have been.......four. So how much do they really remember those days? :haha: Who cares, this song is a blast from the past and incredibly danceable. Troye is a great collab here and they really seem to vibe musically (I'll get to 2099, their other collab, later). But yeah this is just pure bubblegum fun. Iconic video too.

25. You - Ha Ha Ha (from True Romance)

Okay, I'd say starting with this song we are veering into 9-10/10 songs so these are all absolutely fantastic. You - Ha Ha Ha loses points for its annoying title, but this is a really forward thinking song for Charli, especially back in 2013. It's pretty unique in its sound and the chorus still manages to be catchy, memorable, and poppy despite the noisiness that's going on. Very very addictive song!

24. Boys (2017 single)

Absolutely iconic music video, and the song itself is nearly as flawless. Charli got help with this video from many, many boys of all shapes, sizes, and colors and it's super fun! The song is cute and fun and has some really memorable stuff going on, from the repetitive yet catchy chorus to the Super Mario Bros coin soundbyte. But yeah. The video is what truly makes this song stand out imo.

23. Click - feat. Kim Petras & Tommy Cash (from Charli)

This is absolutely a standout track from Charli, and a big part of that is due to Kim's flawless verse imo. Charli even said that she rewrote and recorded her own verse after hearing Kim's, because she slayed it so hard that Charli felt she needed to catch up. :haha: Very catchy, fun, weird song and I even like Tommy's part although I can see how it would be annoying. It's totally a squad anthem and I love it. That distorted, metallic headphone-breaking part at the end caught me off-guard the first time I heard it, but it's so iconic. And shoutout to C2.0 from "how i'm feeling now," a rework of this song that didn't make my list but only because it feels like an interlude in that album. Still a great track though!

22. Blame It On U (from Number 1 Angel)

Not one of her most popular or iconic songs, but whatever I absolutely adore this song. Its really sparse, minimalist production and deadpan vocal delivery kind of makes me feel like someone such as Rihanna could rock this song. That chorus is such an earworm and has been stuck in my head for hours at a time before. Even though I don't have a lot of songs from N1A in my top 40, I do think it's one of her straight up catchiest albums and this is one of the best examples imo. Love this!

21. claws (from how i'm feeling now)

I was... a liiiiiiittle bit annoyed with this song when I first heard it, the chorus is pretty monotonous and one-note, but I've come to appreciate this song a lot and I absolutely love the verses. Plus the production on here is out of this world, the fact that she came up with this in her own bedroom during lockdown is incredibly impressive (edit - apparently 100 gecs worked on producing this track which makes TOTAL sense). I've found on repeated listens this song becomes more and more addictive, which means it's a total earworm. 

---

Claws -

Blame It On U -

Click -

Boys -

You - Ha Ha Ha -

1999 -

Detonate -

Break the Rules -

Lucky -

Just Desserts -

Edited by #jeah

Silver Cross - This one is pretty! I remember liking it when Charli came out. 

Dream Glow - Well it was catchy enough and it didn't have a lot of BTS in it which was even better! I liked it. 

ILY2 - Agreed with what you said here. :yes: 

Thoughts - Didn't really care for this 

Anthems - It isn't one of my faves from how i'm feeling now but I like the lyrics as well.

February 2017 - Who is Yaeji? Anyway this was sweet and I liked it enough on first listen! It could grow on me with more. 

Lipgloss - Thanks for the reminder to put CupcakKe on my list of least favorite artists when I get to it, it is much appreciated. :wub: 

Porsche - This was ok. Not a standout on first listen.

Fancy - Slay! The only good Iggy song. :yes: 

Doing It - Eh. Charli can do better than discount!Rihanna. :yes: 

Claws - Surprisingly, I liked this one from the start, especially that second half, it slays.

Blame It On U - Pretty catchy! Reminds me of one of my more minimalist EDM tracks. 

Click - I've found this song annoying from the moment I heard it and Kim's verse doesn't make up for that unfortunately. 

Boys - I thought that was Troye in that one shot. :haha: I clearly don't like anything from 2017 but I didn't care for this, especially the Super Mario Bros coin soundbyte you mentioned

You - Ha Ha Ha - I was expecting to hate this at first but I liked the second half.

1999 - Troye. ❤️ Song itself is just ok though.

Detonate - Ok but stays at the same level throughout as you said. Not a standout for me.

Break the Rules - This was ok!

Lucky - Beautiful. ❤️ I didn't even mind the noises at the end. 

Just Desserts - Wait Charli and Marina were friends and had a falling out? Sad. :( Anyway I like this well enough but not a big standout from either of their catalogs. 

On 8/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, ~Tom~ said:

Silver Cross - This one is pretty! I remember liking it when Charli came out. 

Dream Glow - Well it was catchy enough and it didn't have a lot of BTS in it which was even better! I liked it. 

ILY2 - Agreed with what you said here. :yes: 

Thoughts - Didn't really care for this 

Anthems - It isn't one of my faves from how i'm feeling now but I like the lyrics as well.

February 2017 - Who is Yaeji? Anyway this was sweet and I liked it enough on first listen! It could grow on me with more. 

Lipgloss - Thanks for the reminder to put CupcakKe on my list of least favorite artists when I get to it, it is much appreciated. :wub: 

Porsche - This was ok. Not a standout on first listen.

Fancy - Slay! The only good Iggy song. :yes: 

Doing It - Eh. Charli can do better than discount!Rihanna. :yes: 

Glad you enjoyed Silver Cross, Dream Glow, ILY2, February 2017, Fancy. :wub: Yaeji is someone you probably wouldn't like. :haha: Agreed on Doing It that Rita isn't the best feature choice but the song itself is great imo.

3 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Claws - Surprisingly, I liked this one from the start, especially that second half, it slays.

Blame It On U - Pretty catchy! Reminds me of one of my more minimalist EDM tracks. 

Click - I've found this song annoying from the moment I heard it and Kim's verse doesn't make up for that unfortunately. 

Boys - I thought that was Troye in that one shot. :haha: I clearly don't like anything from 2017 but I didn't care for this, especially the Super Mario Bros coin soundbyte you mentioned

You - Ha Ha Ha - I was expecting to hate this at first but I liked the second half.

1999 - Troye. ❤️ Song itself is just ok though.

Detonate - Ok but stays at the same level throughout as you said. Not a standout for me.

Break the Rules - This was ok!

Lucky - Beautiful. ❤️ I didn't even mind the noises at the end. 

Just Desserts - Wait Charli and Marina were friends and had a falling out? Sad. :( Anyway I like this well enough but not a big standout from either of their catalogs. 

I knew you loved Claws! Glad you like BIOU, Detonate, and Just Desserts. Glad I surprised you with You - Ha Ha Ha. It's a grower imo, it wasn't my favorite off True Romance fo the longest time. Lucky is beautiful indeed.

20. enemy (from how i'm feeling now)

Really strong song lyrically for Charli imo, maybe even one of her best. It paints a really vivid picture and we've all been here before - getting so close to someone intimately that you're convincing yourself they're going to hurt you at some point. It's intensely personal imo, and the spoken word part that constitutes the bridge is a really cool touch imo. Besides all of that, the production choices here are really cool and I think the chorus is super infectious. Definitely a standout track from her latest album imo.

19. I Love It - Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX (from Icona Pop's 2013 album This Is...Icona Pop)

The song needs no introduction, we all know it. This is Charli's song, sorry Icona Pop. Honestly I don't even really hear any other voices besides Charli's when listening to the song :haha: The lyrics are memorable (albeit a bit stupid...I crashed my car into a bridge, I don't care??? Girl I don't have money to be doing that!!!), the melody is catchy, the beat is iconic and catchy. It's the perfect kiss off anthem and a genuinely good song.

18. Grins (from True Romance)

The instrumentals of this song give me major Grimes vibes, that sorta dreamy ethereal feel is pervasive in this track. Although there's this intense melancholic feeling throughout the entire song. I feel really sad and nostalgic listening to this song and I can't really explain why. There's something really bittersweet about this song. It just captures feeling so perfectly. One of her most underrated for sure.

17. I Got It - feat. Brooke Candy, cupcakKe, and Pabllo Vittar (from Pop 2)

Tom probably won't like this song :haha: Not even because cupcakKe is on it...it's just kind of brash and annoying in all honesty, but imo it all comes together so nicely here. Brooke Candy isn't my favorite but her verse brings the energy needed to keep the song going. Charli's "I got it" chorus is maybe my favorite part, but cupcakKe does her thing and Pabllo brings an almost euphoric energy to the end of the song that ties it up nicely. This is a bop whether you like it or not!

16. You're the One (from True Romance)

This is either the first or second song by Charli that I ever heard (the other being Nuclear Seasons - a song that I like but did not make my top 40). This song is pure catchy blissful pop imo and it just swaggers along so nicely. The verses are great, the chorus lands, and the almost spoken word outro might be my favorite part of the whole song. Idk. This just feels like a quintessential Charli track, it might be the first one I show to someone who's never heard of her before. It worked for me!

15. SuperLove (single from 2013)

I forgot about this song for a few years...I remember when it was first released and I enjoyed it but it never made it to any of her albums so it kind of got lost...it's a shame because this is one of her best songs imo. It's ridiculously addictive and the chorus is urgent, peppy, and danceable. I love the pre-chorus where she sings "SOS this is real and this is dangerous..." leading up to the explosive chorus. Super groovy and unique song in her discography imo.

14. 2099 - feat. Troye Sivan (from Charli)

Instant favorite from her Charli album for me, I remember the day this dropped I was obsessed with it. It's futuristic and fun. Troye honestly doesn't even need to be on this song, but it's nice to have the distorted male vocals complimenting Charli in the chorus. I love how it starts with the chorus, and then there are just a bunch of verses with really minimalistic production...then they return to the chorus and it's much more hard-hitting and the production is a lot busier and there's a lot more going on...and there's those soaring metallic synths that she adds in the background to really flesh out the chorus....it just works so well imo. It's the perfect length and the perfect way to end an album that is as innovative as Charli is. Imo everything about this song works and I love it.

13. i finally understand (from how i'm feeling now)

Okay we're starting to get to the point where I'm just obsessed with every song left...i finally understand grew on me the most out of any of the songs from Charli's latest album. I enjoyed it well enough at first but it didn't really stand out to me. It's super short and there's no soaring chorus. But as I've had more time to listen to it, I'm absolutely obsessed. The lyrics are really sad and introspective, and they're put over this peppy, bouncy UK garage beat. It's a really unique feeling song from her and I want Charli to explore this type of stuff in the future!

12. Backseat - feat. Carly Rae Jepsen (from Pop 2)

A gay millennial indie pop fan's wet dream - Charli and Carly collaborating....and imo it is as good as it possibly can be. The industrial beat isn't what I would expect at first for a song with Carly on it, but she keeps up super well with the concept and kinda steals the show imo. Carly's verse is sugary sweet and compliments the noisiness well. The autotune from Charli also compliment's Carly's raw, sweet vocals. The chorus is gorgeous too and THEN Charli decides to drop that otherworldly outro on us and it slays. Yeah, this song is fantastic.

11. Gone - feat. Christine & the Queens (from Charli)

Fantastic video, for starters. This is a critical favorite of Charli's, many would maybe consider this to be her best song? Obviously I don't think that; but nonetheless this song is fantastic. Charli tends to work with a lot of artists in her songs, which is really cool that she gives so many others the chance to shine, but it doesn't always work perfectly. Imo this is one of the best examples of Charli bringing out the best in her co-star. Christine absolutely shines in this song; it was made for her. Her vocal delivery here is flawless. Her singing in French a bit is so cute, she could have done so exclusively and I would have loved it. The chorus is booming and orgasmic. The verses are fun, the lyrics are fun. The ending of the song is bombastic and epic, and then the cute sparkling synths are a nice touch. This is just a fantastic duet from the two and is objectively one of Charli's best...I just enjoy the 10 above slightly more than this.

Gone -

Backseat -

I Finally Understand -

2099 -

SuperLove -

You're the One -

I Got It -

Grins -

I Love It -

Enemy -