Possible Song Choices

thevoiceswimmer

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Give her a few days and then someone can try (at their own risk).

I dont expect her to respond rudely, but rather she is likely not gonna respond at all now. Yeah, give her a few days and she might share the info.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I dont expect her to respond rudely, but rather she is likely not gonna respond at all now. Yeah, give her a few days and she might share the info.

I don’t think she’d be rude, but a few days out even with time to process the topic might still be sensitive (thus why I’m curious but too chicken to consider asking myself).

12 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Give her a few days and then someone can try (at their own risk).

I wouldn't do anything unless/until she posts something indicating that she's okay about the results and she's over it. It messes with some contestants' mental health and although I'm usually more focused on the younger ones since they're likely most vulnerable to that, it can affect anyone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Devan would’ve done Never Too Much by Luther Vandross, I’m just not sure whether it was for IS or Top 9, but I’m pretty sure it was his IS song

That's a great song! (tbt Shawn and Matthew killing that song in the battles). 

• Like 2

Just now, QueenCami said:

I wouldn't do anything unless/until she posts something indicating that she's okay about the results and she's over it. It messes with some contestants' mental health and although I'm usually more focused on the younger ones since they're likely most vulnerable to that, it can affect anyone. 

That is a good point. If she doesn’t want to talk about it and needs time to process, that’s perfectly understandable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Devan would’ve done Never Too Much by Luther Vandross, I’m just not sure whether it was for IS or Top 9, but I’m pretty sure it was his IS song

Scrap this. Never Too Much was his Top 9 song. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green day) was his IS song.

Ive been DYINGGGG to hear a rendition of BOBD on The Voice since forever

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green day) was his IS song.

he has a cover of that on his IG. However, it's an acoustic version. Since apparently they don't allow much changes to Instant Save songs, Devan would've sang the song with a full band. (and possibly get bandzilla'd)

54 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Scrap this. Never Too Much was his Top 9 song. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green day) was his IS song.

TIL Green Day can be cleared for The Voice.

Would've probably been interesting to hear because I have a hard time imagining him cover it in its original style.

But H.E.R.-Ariana-Harry-BSB-Green Day-Luther would've been a damn interesting trajectory on the show, ngl.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Honestly, had he made the Instant Save and done Green Day without getting completely eaten alive by Bandzilla, I would’ve considered tossing him a vote along with Corey.

FYI - just watched Zania's video she posted on instagram. I'd recommend y'all check it out, in case you are considering messaging her about her song choice. She seems to, understandably, be "sad" (in her words) about it. 

That being said, Zania is an ICON and we know she's going to bounce back and kill it off-show! I have faith that now that she has full agency of her musical journey since she's off the show, she's going to do some incredible stuff 🙂

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

but the real question is will he win with that song?

We'll find out if that's the same song he will be singing next week. It's common belief instant save songs are retained week after week, but TPTB could always make changes to fit their *ehem* motives.

• Like 1