Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
mercfan3

Voice Madness

Recommended Posts

Great results now out of the remaining 16 performances my fav are 

1- I Have Nothing _ Tessanne Chin

2- Bridge Over Troubled Water _ Tessanne Chin

3- Roxanne _ Juliet Simms

4- I Put A Spell On You _ Jaquie Lee

5- Just Give Me A Reason _ Michelle Chamuel

 

But I already know the top 4 would be Hallelujah, The Scientist, Sad and Make It Rain and The Scientist will probably win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Michelle beating Cassadee is a questionable choice.

 

When you get this deep in the talent pool everything is a questionable choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spurrious said:

 

When you get this deep in the talent pool everything is a questionable choice.

 

It's an interesting choice - and I think it speaks of the makeup of the board. 

 

I'm not the biggest Pope fan out there but I know the history of that performance and the importance of it in terms of the show. It was a #1 Seed because..to me..it represents the beginning of the show's prominence...and take over for Idol. In the same way that I think Schuler's "Hallelujah" is the show's peak. As much as I think Matthew's performance was musical and performance perfection..it was also the show at its most popular. 

 

When I look at "Over You"..IMO..it's the beginning of the show's extreme popularity. It was the first time an artist became dominant..and perhaps the reason that artist was dominant.  But if you weren't watching then..or didn't join in on the show then..what you have is an emotionally connected pretty ballad. The moment doesn't hit the same. And with Michelle, you have a better vocalist, choreographed staging, a chorus backing..etc. So I think it's one of the many results in this game that have happened simply because we have a lot of newer fans on the board. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VOICE MADNESS: Sweet 16

 

We have reached the Sweet 16. As always, please watch the videos. Voting ends Monday at 7pm EST.

 

VOTE HERE

 

#TeamAdamBracket

 

 

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah

 

vs

 

#4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me

 

---------------------

#2 Seed Kimerbly Nichole - What's Up

 

vs.

 

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/365580/The-Voice-2017-Addison-Agen-Top-11-A-Case-of-You/

 

 

#TeamBlakeBracket

 

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing

 

vs.

 

#12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World

 

-----------------------

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist

 

vs.

 

#6 Seed: Amber Carrington - Stay 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh! This round is gonna make me cry....and probably need several hours of therapy.  All my top favs except for two are in this round.   I'm going to have to chat with a few glasses of Scotch before I can even think about voting.  🥺

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about that guys. It should be fixed now. (It is on my link).

 

Thanks for the help, Spurrious. 

 

If you already voted, your votes will still count. I just needed to delete the excess questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're really gonna make me choose between Amber and Maelyn? That's just cruel tbh ugh.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

You're really gonna make me choose between Amber and Maelyn? That's just cruel tbh ugh.

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick summary of this round:

 

1.  There are no wrong votes.

2.  Every single vote is wrong.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

You're really gonna make me choose between Amber and Maelyn? That's just cruel tbh ugh.

 

 

21 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Quick summary of this round:

 

1.  There are no wrong votes.

2.  Every single vote is wrong.

 

It's comment like these that let you know you have found your people.  I won't suffer alone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted:

Maelyn

Addison

Tessanne 

Maelyn

 

Honestly it felt like a crime to vote against Kimberly Nichole's What's Up, even against my absolute favorite from The Voice. The performance was amazing, but I still had to give it to Addison. Excited to see results! I have no idea what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done Voting

~ Maelyn ( Even if she isn't my fav but I know this for sure that she is way better than Danielle )

~ Addison ( I don't know what is so special about Kimberly, Addison is just way better )

~ Tessanne ( This was a No Brainer for me. That was Tess' best performance while Mad World was Maelyn's third or fourth best performance. But I highly expect the opposite results because after what happened with Mathew and Jordan I have very less hopes )

~ Maelyn ( this was very tough. I consider these two performances as almost equals but I had to go with Maelyn because I think she has a slight edge vocally over Amber )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Voted. Lol @ me voting for Maelyn in all matchups (I Have Nothing might be in terms of vocals the best performance ever and Tess is one of my all time favorites, but I just loathe the song).

 

Addison vs Kimberly was the hardest matchup for me, just because it hurted to vote against Addison.

Edited by Daillon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brain trying to make this decision:

 

alan rickman desk flip GIF

 

Mostly just mad because everyone deserves to move on and yet they can't all move on, and my head is hurting from trying to make this choice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My decisions and why I chose who I did.

 

Maelyn vs. Danielle: I'm a much bigger fan of Danielle's post-show work, so this was the only straightforward moment for me in the brackets. Maelyn's voice is not from this earth, do not try to tell me otherwise.

Kimberly vs. Addison: The trickier matchup of this segment of the bracket, but as killer as this moment was from Kimberly I liked HOTRS just ever so slightly more, and though I prefer She Used to Be Mine a smidge more from Addison, this is just as good so I picked it.

Tessanne vs. Maelyn: This was honestly the hardest one because it's my favorite moment by far from each of these two. Maelyn and Adam Lambert are my standards for how you cover Mad World, as both give me goosebumps in the best way each time I hear it. That said, Whitney's basically untouchable unless you nail it perfectly - and Tessanne blew the song out of the water, rocketed straight to the top of the iTunes charts, and got all of the emotiveness of the song along with the rock-solid vocals. (Side note: if we ever want to do a dual-crowning of the winners of the show with one from the Xtina era and one from the post-Xtina era, I nominate these two together.)

Maelyn vs. Amber: Maelyn basically had the season on lock from here on out, while Amber was absolutely killer here and proved that Adam wasn't nuts for picking her over two different four-chair acts in the pre-taped rounds. I'm just thankful it's not Maelyn's version of Stay against Amber's because that would be even harder. I picked Amber (even though I expect Maelyn to take this) simply because Amber was a key part of reminding people not to underestimate an artist's capabilities based on chair turns. 

Edited by VintageVoice
Grammar is hard.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

My decisions and why I chose who I did.

 

Maelyn vs. Danielle: I'm a much bigger fan of Danielle's post-show work, so this was the only straightforward moment for me in the brackets. Maelyn's voice is not from this earth, do not try to tell me otherwise.

Kimberly vs. Addison: The trickier matchup of this segment of the bracket, but as killer as this moment was from Kimberly I liked HOTRS just ever so slightly more, and though I prefer She Used to Be Mine a smidge more from Addison, this is just as good so I picked it.

Tessanne vs. Maelyn: This was honestly the hardest one because it's my favorite moment by far from each of these two. Maelyn and Adam Lambert are my standards for how you cover Mad World, as both give me goosebumps in the best way each time I hear it. That said, Whitney's basically untouchable unless you nail it perfectly - and Tessanne blew the song out of the water, rocketed straight to the top of the iTunes charts, and got all of the emotiveness of the song along with the rock-solid vocals. (Side note: if we ever want to do a dual-crowning of the winners of the show with one from the Xtina era and one from the post-Xtina era, I nominate these two together.)

Maelyn vs. Amber: Maelyn basically had the season on lock from here on out, while Amber was absolutely killer here and proved that Adam wasn't nuts for picking her over two different four-chair acts in the pre-taped rounds. I'm just thankful it's not Maelyn's version of Stay against Amber's because that would be even harder. I picked Amber (even though I expect Maelyn to take this) simply because Amber was a key part of reminding people not to underestimate an artist's capabilities based on chair turns. 

 

I may end up voting slightly different, but I can't argue with any of this.  Guess that's what makes this round so excruciatingly difficult.  Nice write-up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Maelyn's voice is not from this earth, do not try to tell me otherwise.

 

I would never!  Pretty sure she is an actual Angel.  A lot of artists can sing to my heart but very very few sing to my soul. I wanted to vote for Amber and Tessanne...I just couldn't.  In any case, this is a lose, lose situation.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATX29 said:

 

I may end up voting slightly different, but I can't argue with any of this.  Guess that's what makes this round so excruciatingly difficult.  Nice write-up!

Thanks!

Just now, Spurrious said:

 

I would never!  Pretty sure she is an actual Angel.  A lot of artists can sing to my heart but very very few sing to my soul. I wanted to vote for Amber and Tessanne...I just couldn't.  In any case, this is a lose, lose situation.

I felt less bad voting against Maelyn since I was voting for her at least once already, but if all three Maelyn performances move on you won't hear me complaining in the slightest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I felt less bad voting against....

 

This round in six words.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Spurrious said:

Currently trying to resist the idea that mercfan3 is sitting at home laughing at us for torturing ourselves like this.  😈

 

27 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Friends Laugh GIF

 

OK then.   (note to self: trust your instincts)  😜

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

TBH, this would be a really easy round for me (with the exception of one) - but they are all fantastic performances. 

Edited by mercfan3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

TBH, this would be a really easy round for me (with the exception of one) - but they are all fantastic performances. 

 

Voting against any of these performances feels like I'm kicking my dog.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my votes are in.

 

Now I'm going to go listen to Kane Brown's music for an hour as punishment for what I've done.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...