idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
mercfan3

Voice Madness

I'm through matchup six of eight and @mercfan3 has made this seriously the HARDEST round of matchups in the early set so far - there's exactly one so far that I'm predicting an upset on (given an IDF Favorite is going against one of the least popular finale acts on IDF), but most of them I'm pretty sure I know how they'll play out even if I'm personally having an absolute monster of a time picking between the performances.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Yes a certain pair of 16 year olds.  That's a lose either way. 

I would have picked different "moments" for our S4 girls.  Who I Am  and I Knew You Were Trouble.   Who I Am was not so much vocal slayage but it was a very emotional moment...walking out to the audience to finish a song about discovering yourself while standing next to her parents.....being pretty much a true story for her at the time was a precious moment.   

Also, Actually I think Alisan had a very solid run. 

See, right there...I didn't put "Who I Am" in, I just couldn't over "Memphis", "Please Remember Me" (her best, IMO..although my favorite was Grandpa), and "Grandpa." But you could definitely argue for "Wasted" "Who I Am" and "Heads Carolina, Tails California." 

Similar with Michelle. I put "IKYWT", "Just Give Me A Reason," and "Why." But "True Colors" "Call Your Girlfriend" and "Grenade" could have easily been there instead. 

Agree that Alisan had a very solid run. Lots of contestants did. But not many have had such...interchangeable great performances. It's a different kind of dominance than the has a huge moment every three weeks type of contestant. 

edit: LMAO...when I was actually setting up the bracket, I saw an upset brewing. And I think it'll be a blowout. 

Edited by mercfan3

35 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

That performance, I think, is the biggest example of why Spurrious and I stan for Season 4 so hard. 

I mean...Sasha was like..one of the least talked about contestants. Danielle/Michelle were top 2. Amber/Swons were dark horse. Judith was the contestant being talked up coming into the season. Sarah had one of (if not the best) Blinds of all time. 

And then Sasha goes ahead and pulls of a performance that might be a winning performance in most other seasons. 

Really?! I had no idea that Sasha wasn't so talked about. I would have thought that Sasha, Danielle, Michelle, Judith, and Amber were all favorites and talked about a lot on here!

Just now, ashwinner said:

Really?! I had no idea that Sasha wasn't so talked about. I would have thought that Sasha, Danielle, Michelle, Judith, and Amber were all favorites and talked about a lot on here!

And those others are why she likely wasn't - there were so many good female artists in the competition for season 4 that one or two were bound to slip through as underrated.

(Also, if someone ever wants to know why I fell in love with the show, seasons 4 and 5 are basically perfect examples of why it sucked me in)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

And those others are why she likely wasn't - there were so many good female artists in the competition for season 4 that one or two were bound to slip through as underrated.

(Also, if someone ever wants to know why I fell in love with the show, seasons 4 and 5 are basically perfect examples of why it sucked me in)

Yep...same...I was a casual watcher till S4. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I think that I only started watching hardcore Season 17, I watched through all of Maelyn's performances on YT and a few select others, and watched general performances from some others. I quickly got obsessed, and read through the S17 spoilers on IDF 🙂

It only took me like an hour but I got through all sixteen performances - I voted for a lot of upsets, but honestly this bracket is more stacked than Team Adam in Seasons 4/5/7 and that's saying something.

tbh I think my most unpopular opinion is going to be my vote for one of the "mid-lower" seeds of 9-12 over the "mid-higher" seed of 5-8, oops

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It only took me like an hour but I got through all sixteen performances - I voted for a lot of upsets, but honestly this bracket is more stacked than Team Adam in Seasons 4/5/7 and that's saying something.

tbh I think my most unpopular opinion is going to be my vote for one of the "mid-lower" seeds of 9-12 over the "mid-higher" seed of 5-8, oops

if this is about Alisan, I did the same; if this were sad, I might change my mind

8 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

if this is about Alisan, I did the same; if this were sad, I might change my mind

It was not about Alisan but we did vote for the same there, I ended up picking the "upset" option more than I expected to but I didn't choose it every time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

It was not about Alisan but we did vote for the same there, I ended up picking the "upset" option more than I expected to but I didn't choose it every time. 

I voted against what the seed said twice: once to vote for Mad World, and the other time to vote for Alisan

Posted (edited)

Voted. Really stacked bracket, but for the most part I didn’t have problems choosing the winners. Sad that I had to vote against Cry Me A River, Stay and Danny’s Song (even if I disliked the Swons), they were amazing performances.

Also, as much as I can appreciate how good of a vocal Ain’t No Way was, I just can’t stand Sasha’s vibrato (IMO her best performance is her audition). India Carney had the same problem for me.

Edited by Daillon

Tessanne , Alison , Kyla and Sawyer are the clear winners but Amanda VS Chris J , The Swons VS Maelyn and Craig VS Matt is insanely close to me but I had to give it to Amanda ( that's one of the top 3 best performances in the Voice's history )  , The Swons and Craig  Because those were Their best performances . 

mercfan3 did you post when voting will close?  Maybe I missed it. 

Voted. Went with the people who gave me goosebumps, as opposed to the technically better ones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Voted. Went with the people who gave me goosebumps, as opposed to the technically better ones.

so you didn't vote for what IDF would vote for 😆

There's two I could see going either way and one that's honestly too close for me to call. The one where I'm 98% sure I picked the unpopular winner, but I pulled a Blake and "went with my gut" and I don't regret it.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

There's two I could see going either way and one that's honestly too close for me to call. The one where I'm 98% sure I picked the unpopular winner, but I pulled a Blake and "went with my gut" and I don't regret it.

I was referring to MJ but yeah, there's no issue going with the unpopular opinion - IDF is heavily biased and everyone is entitled to their own opinion 🙂

I am very excited to see results!

• Like 1

I was referring to MJ but yeah, there's no issue going with the unpopular opinion - IDF is heavily biased and everyone is entitled to their own opinion 🙂

I am very excited to see results!

I'm expecting anywhere from one to four upsets - we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Since when did IDF vote for exclusively technical reasons? 

2 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Since when did IDF vote for exclusively technical reasons? 

I think that IDF tends to people who are technically powerful, like Kyla, Alisan, Toneisha, Kennedy, and there's even Thunderstorm who isn't technically powerful, but is still amazing technically in different ways.

Also, since this thread has mainly powerhouse/technically powerful singers, more people who prefer those singers are going to participate

22 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I think that IDF tends to people who are technically powerful, like Kyla, Alisan, Toneisha, Kennedy, and there's even Thunderstorm who isn't technically powerful, but is still amazing technically in different ways.

Also, since this thread has mainly powerhouse/technically powerful singers, more people who prefer those singers are going to participate

You have way more faith in this forum than I do. 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

You have way more faith in this forum than I do. 😆

You probably know a lot more about who their favorites actually were because you've been around longer. Who were their favorites overall if not the ones I mentioned?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

You probably know a lot more about who their favorites actually were because you've been around longer. Who were their favorites overall if not the ones I mentioned?

IDF, especially the Voice section of the forum, has always leaned towards females ever since I've been here. My guess is it's a response to the glut of WGWG winners that AI had during the years leading up to The Voice's premiere. It also doesn't hurt that the majority of the users of this forum are male. If I had to point to a specific example of the ideal "IDF It Girl", it would be Danielle Bradbery. Did you know Danielle's fan thread contained 1000+ pages before the Great IDF Purge of 2019 happened?

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, mjdolorico said:

IDF, especially the Voice section of the forum, has always leaned towards females ever since I've been here. My guess is it's a response to the glut of WGWG winners that AI had during the years leading up to The Voice's premiere. It also doesn't hurt that the majority of the users of this forum are male. If I had to point to a specific example of the ideal "IDF It Girl", it would be Danielle Bradbery. Did you know Danielle's fan thread contained 1000+ pages before the Great IDF Purge of 2019 happened?

What !!!  Are you serious ??? Danielle had 1000+ pages on her fan thread , All I understand now is that MAELYN is the IDF fav whenerver a poll occurs Maelyn always wins and I think that she is the most liked IDF contestant ever 

Edited by Zainab Tufail

On 7/31/2020 at 10:06 AM, ashwinner said:

Only technical powerful Females , In S1 Javier was technically better singer but their snowflake was dia , In S3 Trevin Hunte was technically better but they liked Cassade more , In S9 Jordan was technically the best singer but their snowflakes were Amy , Madi , Jeffery and Emily , In S12 Chris was far more superior than Lauren technically but they tend to prefer Lauren , But yeah whenever there is a powerful  female vocalist they are really liked by the IDFs but when it comes to male powerful vocalist IDFs just sleeps on them