idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
mercfan3

Voice Madness

Please make sure to re-watch. Most of these performances happened years ago - and that’s the point of the thread.

Posted (edited)

Only two of them look like they're going to be difficult for me, so I'm rewatching those before I rewatch the rest and make my judgements (side note to @mercfan3I've been looking for live footage of one of the performances for literal AGES, but all that came up on YouTube was the studio recording - but upon the rewatch, it's just as good as I remembered).

Edited by VintageVoice

9 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Results:

First of all, participation was amazing. We had 37 votes! We almost had two major upsets, but overnight votes changed things. Funny enough for any college basketball fans - our one major upset was the 5/12 seed. Katie Kadan defeated Chris Jamison..which is where you often see the upset during March Madness. 

Winners.....

#1 Seed: Matthew Schuler - Hallelujah 

#2 Seed: Kimberly Nichole - What’s Up 

#3 Seed: Chloe Kohanski - Total Eclipse of the Heart 

#4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me 

#12 Seed: Katie Kadan - I’m Going Down 

#6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You 

#7 Seed: Christina Grimmie - Hold On, We’re Going Home 

#9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah

Which means, when #TeamAdam bracket faces off again , it will be...

#1 Seed: Matthew Schuler - Hallelujah vs. #9 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Hallelujah

#2 Seed Kimerbly Nichole - What's Up vs. #7 Seed: Christina Grimmie - Hold On, We're Going Home

#3 Seed Chloe Kohanski - Total Eclipse of the Heart vs. #6 Seed: Addison Agen - A Case of You

#4 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Please Remember Me vs. #12 Seed: Katie Kadan

A lot of interesting matchups there..

We have a battle of the same song and #1 vs. #2 from the same season

I'll be posting the #TeamChristina Bracket soon..

Gotta say IDF got all of these right or the competition was close enough to call it that.  Some were snowflakes and some not, but the winning performances were excellent. 

For me, Jacquie vs Rose was the hardest choice so far and I love Addison (probably my favorite of all time) but I can’t vote against Jordan’s somebody to love when that was a top 3 performance of the shows history

12 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Gotta say IDF got all of these right or the competition was close enough to call it that.  Some were snowflakes and some not, but the winning performances were excellent. 

The close ones were Danielle/Jacquie, Chris/Katie, Tessanne/Maelyn

Like I said, Tessanne/Maelyn were the hardest two for me to separate. 

I was surprised that Danielle and Jacquie were close, tbh. I thought Danielle would win easily. (Actually, Jacquie had a pretty good lead for a while) Although, "Angel" was never one of my favorite "Jacquie" performances. But in a way, despite their age, Danielle and Jacquie were always kind of - the opposite - type of Voice contestants. Both were excellent in areas the other struggled with. So it probably depends which you prefer. 

Chris vs. Katie..I would have gone with Chris - but this one was close. Upset is definitely fair. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

The close ones were Danielle/Jacquie, Chris/Katie, Tessanne/Maelyn

Like I said, Tessanne/Maelyn were the hardest two for me to separate. 

I was surprised that Danielle and Jacquie were close, tbh. I thought Danielle would win easily. (Actually, Jacquie had a pretty good lead for a while) Although, "Angel" was never one of my favorite "Jacquie" performances. But in a way, despite their age, Danielle and Jacquie were always kind of - the opposite - type of Voice contestants. Both were excellent in areas the other struggled with. So it probably depends which you prefer. 

Chris vs. Katie..I would have gone with Chris - but this one was close. Upset is definitely fair. 

Pretty much same for me.  "Angel" was not my fav...but this round we have "I Put A Spell On You"...defiantly one of my all time favs.  I still can't get my head around how a 16 YO could connect that well with that song. 

• Like 1

Just watched and voted.  Have to say I found this bracket to be even harder than the first.  Actually went with the lower seed more often than not.  

I didn't think id be able to vote against Addison, but I had to.

Voted. Someone's gotta vote for the male artists. 😎

On 7/27/2020 at 6:54 PM, mjdolorico said:

Voted. Someone's gotta vote for the male artists. 😎

Lol I just realized there is only one male remaining ( Mathew Shular ) on #TEAM ADAM , I guess IDFs like females more than males . But I prefer male voices more , I have only two females included in my top 10 fav contestants of all time 

Posted (edited)

Voted. Rose vs Jacquie was very close, and I forgot how good that Michelle’s performance was.

Also, as a big fan of Addison, I think Humble and Kind was rough for the most part, even if it was very emotional at the same time.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Results:

Again..awesome participation. We had 36 votes! Some upsets were narrowly avoided..and a few small upsets occurred. (Curse of the #5 Seed continues)

So..winners..

Winners:

#1 Seed: Jordan Smith - Somebody To Love

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell on You

#3 Seed: Josh Kaufman - All of Me (Quite close) 

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

#12 Seed: Brooke Simpson - Amazing Grace

#6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason

#10 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Maybe It Was Memphis

#9 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident 

Which means, the next time #TeamXtina competes against each other, we will have..

#1 Seed: Jordan Smith - Somebody To Love vs. #9 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell on You vs. #10 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Maybe It Was Memphis

#3 Seed: Josh Kaufman - All of Me vs. #6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad vs. #12 Seed: Brooke Simpson - Amazing Grace

Ridiculous Bracket right here. I'll update with the #TeamBlake bracket later tonight. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like Danielle, but James winning that one with A Case Of You should have been a no brainer. I also think At Last is better than Amazing Grace.

Edited by Daillon

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I like Danielle, but James winning that one with A Case Of You should have been a no brainer. I also think At Last is better than Amazing Grace.

The taste - but At Last vs. Amazing Grace is the one I had the hardest time with, so I'm happy with the outcome there.

4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Results:

Again..awesome participation. We had 36 votes! Some upsets were narrowly avoided..and a few small upsets occurred. (Curse of the #5 Seed continues)

So..winners..

Winners:

#1 Seed: Jordan Smith - Somebody To Love

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell on You

#3 Seed: Josh Kaufman - All of Me (Quite close) 

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad

#12 Seed: Brooke Simpson - Amazing Grace

#6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason

#10 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Maybe It Was Memphis

#9 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident 

Which means, the next time #TeamXtina competes against each other, we will have..

#1 Seed: Jordan Smith - Somebody To Love vs. #9 Seed: Kennedy Holmes - Confident

#2 Seed: Jacquie Lee - I Put A Spell on You vs. #10 Seed: Danielle Bradbery - Maybe It Was Memphis

#3 Seed: Josh Kaufman - All of Me vs. #6 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Just Give Me A Reason

#4 Seed: Amber Carrington - Sad vs. #12 Seed: Brooke Simpson - Amazing Grace

Ridiculous Bracket right here. I'll update with the #TeamBlake bracket later tonight. 

Wait wut? I thought we had a one token male per bracket limit?  🤣😜

That is a strong bracket....one of them in particular is already giving me heartburn. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ready for the #TeamBlake Bracket?

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing 

vs...

#16 Seed: Javier Colon - Fix You 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/63994/The-Voice-2011-Javier-Colon-Fix-You/

---------------------------

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist 

vs

#15 Seed: Sawyer Fredericks - Simple Man 

---------------------------------------

#3 Seed: Amanda Brown - Dream On 

vs

#14 Seed: Chris Jamison - Cry Me A River 

--------------

#4 Seed: Alisan Porter - Let Him Fly 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/304617/The-Voice-2016-Mary-Sarah-Top-10-Stand-by-Your-Man/

vs

#13 Seed: Emily Ann Roberts - Burning House 

------------------------

#5 Seed: Swon Brothers - Danny’s Song 

vs.

#12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World 

------------------------------

#6 Seed: Amber Carrington - Stay 

vs

#11 Seed: Alisan Porter - Stone Cold 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/303180/The-Voice-2016-Alisan-Porter-Stone-Cold-TOP-12/

------------------------

#7 Seed: Matt McAndrew - Blower’s Daughter 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/258413/The-Voice-USA-2014-Matt-McAndrew-The-Blowers-Daughter-Top-8/

vs

#10 Seed: Craig Wayne Boyd - Old Rugged Cross 

-------------------

#8 Seed: Sasha Allen- Ain’t No Way 

vs. 

#9 Seed: Kyla Jade - Let It Be 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/410614/The-Voice-2018-Kyla-Jade-Semi-Finals-Let-It-Be/

Another rough bracket. 

(and please..I know..I know..especially with this ridiculous top 3..watch all the videos. Javier, Sawyer, and Chris have incredible performances themselves..they're just up against titans..and some of these performances are really old, but really iconic..so make sure to watch. 🙂

VOTE HERE

Voting Closes Sunday at noon EST. 

Edited by mercfan3

21 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Wait wut? I thought we had a one token male per bracket limit?  🤣😜

That is a strong bracket....one of them in particular is already giving me heartburn. 

A certain pair of 16 year olds? 

btw: Your season 4 girl and my season 4 girl were to of the hardest contestants to place. Both were just so consistently good, but neither had a huge iconic shoot to #1 seed moment. And..for both..my personal preferences for their performances aren't the same as what viewers preferred (My favorite Michelle performance is "Just Give Me A Reason", my favorite Danielle performance is "Grandpa,.." ) and what was considered a "moment." I honestly could have found three different performances to replace the three they have on this bracket. 

I bet you'd struggle to find two contestants who were just so consistent every week. (Maelyn?..but she only did half the performances that Danielle and Michelle did, so we don't know if her voice would have given out or if her and John would have made song choice errors..etc..Tessanne and Josh even had a few off weeks.) 

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

Ready for the #TeamBlake Bracket?

No, no I am not. I've skimmed the matchups and only two of them have super-clear-cut answers to me. Time to go rewatch the rest and then overthink this entire portion of the bracket.

oh my god the last one is a KILLER! I ended up picking Sasha because her performance was amazing and honestly, Kyla has a better shot with You Don't Own Me to win. However, If wouldn't be surprised if either one, although I'd say Kyla has a slightly higher chance because of recency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

oh my god the last one is a KILLER! I ended up picking Sasha because her performance was amazing and honestly, Kyla has a better shot with You Don't Own Me to win. However, If wouldn't be surprised if either one, although I'd say Kyla has a slightly higher chance because of recency.

That's the last two I'm gonna be watching and I am not emotionally prepared between two of my all-time favorites. Heck, I'm still working through matchup number one of these and this is HARD - I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going with but it's not as straightforward as I expected it to be. 

• Sad 1

Alisan/Emily Ann and Sasha/Kyla were REALLY hard to decide. I feel like my preference for those can change easily.

The rest were rather simple.

1 minute ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Alisan/Emily Ann and Sasha/Kyla were REALLY hard to decide. I feel like my preference for those can change easily.

The rest were rather simple.

Speak for yourself, I'm for sure overthinking this. That said, a lot of these either have my favorites against one another or artists who I didn't care for but enjoyed a single performance from and that performance is going against a favorite contestant of mine. I might be Javier-in-Fix-You levels of bald after I'm through deciding this. 

24 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

That performance, I think, is the biggest example of why Spurrious and I stan for Season 4 so hard. 

I mean...Sasha was like..one of the least talked about contestants. Danielle/Michelle were top 2. Amber/Swons were dark horse. Judith was the contestant being talked up coming into the season. Sarah had one of (if not the best) Blinds of all time. 

And then Sasha goes ahead and pulls of a performance that might be a winning performance in most other seasons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

A certain pair of 16 year olds? 

btw: Your season 4 girl and my season 4 girl were to of the hardest contestants to place. Both were just so consistently good, but neither had a huge iconic shoot to #1 seed moment. And..for both..my personal preferences for their performances aren't the same as what viewers preferred (My favorite Michelle performance is "Just Give Me A Reason", my favorite Danielle performance is "Grandpa,.." ) and what was considered a "moment." I honestly could have found three different performances to replace the three they have on this bracket. 

I bet you'd struggle to find two contestants who were just so consistent every week. (Maelyn?..but she only did half the performances that Danielle and Michelle did, so we don't know if her voice would have given out or if her and John would have made song choice errors..etc..Tessanne and Josh even had a few off weeks.) 

Yes a certain pair of 16 year olds.  That's a lose either way. 

I would have picked different "moments" for our S4 girls.  Who I Am  and I Knew You Were Trouble.   Who I Am was not so much vocal slayage but it was a very emotional moment...walking out to the audience to finish a song about discovering yourself while standing next to her parents.....being pretty much a true story for her at the time was a precious moment.   

Also, Actually I think Alisan had a very solid run. 

15 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

That performance, I think, is the biggest example of why Spurrious and I stan for Season 4 so hard. 

I mean...Sasha was like..one of the least talked about contestants. Danielle/Michelle were top 2. Amber/Swons were dark horse. Judith was the contestant being talked up coming into the season. Sarah had one of (if not the best) Blinds of all time. 

And then Sasha goes ahead and pulls of a performance that might be a winning performance in most other seasons. 

It ain't just you and me girl....by every metric it was the the highest rated season and remains the ONLY spring season to finish with a bigger audience than the Premier.  FTR: Spring seasons always lose audience as the show progresses because peeps are getting out more with warm weather and Fall seasons grow or don't lose much because of the opposite.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Literally everyone in the top 8 of the season pulled out at least one win-worthy  live show performance (Sasha's and The Swon Bros. are both in this round of voting, Judith did "You've Got a Friend" and Sarah had "The Story," Danielle pulled out "Maybe It Was Memphis," Michelle nailed "I Knew You Were Trouble," plus Holly's "How Great Thou Art" and Amber's "Sad") - the only ding against Sasha was being on Team Shakira.

• Like 1