Voice Madness

mercfan3

26 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Only technical powerful Females , In S1 Javier was technically better singer but their snowflake was dia , In S3 Trevin Hunte was technically better but they liked Cassade more , In S9 Jordan was technically the best singer but their snowflakes were Amy , Madi , Jeffery and Emily , In S12 Chris was far more superior than Lauren technically but they tend to prefer Lauren , But yeah whenever there is a powerful  female vocalist they are really liked by the IDFs but when it comes to male powerful vocalist IDFs just sleeps on them

hmmm, are you trying to claim that Amy and Madi are technically powerful, and that Jeffery is a.... female. LMFAO. It seems that you are trying to make a generalization where the trend doesn't even exist.

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

IDF, especially the Voice section of the forum, has always leaned towards females ever since I've been here. My guess is it's a response to the glut of WGWG winners that AI had during the years leading up to The Voice's premiere. It also doesn't hurt that the majority of the users of this forum are male. If I had to point to a specific example of the ideal "IDF It Girl", it would be Danielle Bradbery. Did you know Danielle's fan thread contained 1000+ pages before the Great IDF Purge of 2019 happened?

Wow!!! That is really impressive! I am surprised by this considering that Danielle isn't mentioned too much lately, and I've seen more people talk about the other girls in S4. 

Also, I never know what WGWG means - I remember looking it up before but does it mean White Guys with Guitars or White Girls with Guitars or something else? My guess is the first but I don't know

4 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

What !!!  Are you serious ??? Danielle had 1000+ pages on her fan thread , All I understand now is that MAELYN is the IDF fav whenerver a poll occurs Maelyn always wins and I think that she is the most liked IDF contestant ever 

Back before the site overhaul, a thread page contains 10 posts. Today, it contains 25 posts, I believe. So if my math is correct, Danielle's thread would have been around 400 pages long in the new IDF, which makes it the largest fan thread by a long shot.

Edited by mjdolorico

51 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Wow!!! That is really impressive! I am surprised by this considering that Danielle isn't mentioned too much lately, and I've seen more people talk about the other girls in S4. 

Also, I never know what WGWG means - I remember looking it up before but does it mean White Guys with Guitars or White Girls with Guitars or something else? My guess is the first but I don't know

It is White Guys With Guitars, referring to the stretch of similar male winners between AI S7 and S11.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 12:18 PM, ashwinner said:

hmmm, are you trying to claim that Amy and Madi are technically powerful, and that Jeffery is a.... female. LMFAO. It seems that you are trying to make a generalization where the trend doesn't even exist.

I'm not saying that Amy and Madi are technically powerful , All I am saying is that Jordan was technically the best but IDFs still had Amy , Madi and Jeffery as their snowflakes , So I'm trying to tell you that you were wrong when you said IDFs always like technically powerful singers if that's the case then why did the prefer Amy , Jeffery and Madi over Jordan and Lauren over Chris . 

Edited by Zainab Tufail

I only strayed from mercfan3's seeding once.  

Her typically impeccable taste failed miserably on the 5th one though....not sure how she got that one so wrong.  🙃 

#1 Seed: Tessanne Chin - I Have Nothing
#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist
#3 Seed: Amanda Brown - Dream On
#4 Seed: Alisan Porter - Let Him Fly
#12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World
#6 Seed: Amber Carrington - Stay
#7 Seed: Matt McAndrew - Blower’s Daughter
#8 Seed: Sasha Allen- Ain’t No Way

5 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Her typically impeccable taste failed miserably on the 5th one though....not sure how she got that one so wrong.  🙃 

I mean, I personally would've switched the fifth and twelfth seeds with each other for this bracket but I definitely understand the argument for the fifth-seed performance making it onto a bracket somewhere.

8 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Back before the site overhaul, a thread page contains 10 posts. Today, it contains 25 posts, I believe. So if my math is correct, Danielle's thread would have been around 400 pages long in the new IDF, which makes it the largest fan thread by a long shot.

And like..8 years later, it's still one of the most active threads on the board - which says enough. 

23 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

There is a reason that 5 and 12 seeds have so many upsets. :P The worst fifth seed's overall rank is 21. The best twelfth seed's overall rank is 45. It's really not that much difference. 

Also, I definitely took into consideration "moments." To me, "Mad World" was Maelyn's third best performance. "Danny's Song" put the Swon brother's into the finale. (Which - for some of us still thinking about what could have been with a Danielle/Michelle/Amber finale, is all the more reason to vote against it. :P

edit: I edited the video page, but voting will close Sunday at noon. Thanks for the reminder Spur. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Spurrious said:

voted almost the same as you, only difference was Amber Carrington! I didn't watch S4 which is probably a factor in my decision, but I do remember thinking that "sad" was really great

4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

There is a reason that 5 and 12 seeds have so many upsets. :P The worst fifth seed's overall rank is 21. The best twelfth seed's overall rank is 45. It's really not that much difference. 

Also, I definitely took into consideration "moments." To me, "Mad World" was Maelyn's third best performance. "Danny's Song" put the Swon brother's into the finale. (Which - for some of us still thinking about what could have been with a Danielle/Michelle/Amber finale, is all the more reason to vote against it. :P

edit: I edited the video page, but voting will close Sunday at noon. Thanks for the reminder Spur. 

what a coincidence! im listening to Mad World right now! although I guess its not so much of a coincidence because I'm listening to the voice music for 50+% of my day 😛 

19 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Thanks for mentioning Danielle's original thread. loZ0xpz.gif It had over 1600 pages with 20 comments per page, and over 32k comments. It had 2.6 million views over 6 years. I managed to capture the stats after the old site crashed. 

PzTRReK.png

FWIW, she wasn't really the IDF It Girl in early Season 4. Amber was the more favored country girl and Judith  and Sarah were more talked about on IDF and predicted to win. But Danielle gained more support midway through the live rounds. 

Anyway, nowadays, her fans are more active on IG and Twitter than IDF. The few of us who stayed around post updates about Danielle's music and shows. BTW, check out her new single (video and streaming links on my siggy). jaofSCz.gif 

Edited by season1

On 7/31/2020 at 12:43 PM, mercfan3 said:

I didn't vote for "Danny's Song" but NGL Fuzzy Swon sang that perfectly.  Maelyn slayed though.  #SupermanWearsMaelynPajamas

FWIW: I blame Amber for blowing the lyrics to "I Remember You" and then biting off more than she could chew with "Firework" the following week for keeping her out of the finals.  She had hiccups just when the Swon's hit their peak.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Watched and voted.  Bout had an aneurysm trying to decide for all but one of them.

If it will help,  you can just copy off my post next round.  I mean, that's what friends are for...right.  🤣

• Like 1

Sorry for the late update! 48 Responses guys, that's amazing 🙂 Only one upset (the curse of the #5 seed continues)

Results are in, and the winners are..

#12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon. - Mad World

#7 Seed: Matt McCandrew - Blower's Daughter

#8 Seed: Sasha Allen - Ain't No Way

So..when #TeamBlakeBracket faces off again we will have...

#1Seed: Tessanne Chin - I have Nothing vs. #8 Seed: Sasha Allen - Ain't No Way

#2 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - The Scientist vs. #7 Seed: Matt McAndrew

#3 Seed: Amanda Brown - Dream On vs. #6 Seed: Amber Carrington

#4 Seed: Let Him Fly vs. #12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon - Mad World

This bracket is absolutely brutal. 

I will update shortly with the Final Bracket of the First Round. 

We have the Final Group of 16. #TeamUsherBracket (I swear I did not put 2 Josh and 2 Michelle videos in this bracket on purpose..) 

Voting will End Thursday at 3pm. 

VOTE HERE

#1 Seed: Cassadee Pope - Over You 

vs.

#16 Seed: Jordan Smith - Mary Did You Know 

----------------

#2 Seed: Koryn Hawthorne - Make It Rain 

vs.

#15 Seed: Meghan Linsey - Girl Crush 

----------------

#3 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - I Knew You Were Trouble 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/187003/The-Voice-USA-2013-Michelle-Chamuel-I-Knew-You-Were-Trouble-362013/

vs

#14 Seed: Lauren Duski  - Deja Vu 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/347881/The-Voice-2017-Lauren-Duski-Finale-Deja-Vu/

--------------

#4 Seed: Tesssanne Chin - Bridge Over Troubled Water

vs

#13 Seed: Taylor John Williams - Royals 

------------------

#5 Seed: Thunderstorm - Summertime 

vs.

#12 Seed: Laith Al-Saadi - All Along The Watchtower 

----------------

#6 Seed: Juliet Simms - Roxanne

vs.

#11 Seed: Josh Kaufman - Stay With Me 

-----------------

#7 Seed: Josh Kaufman - I Can't Make You Love Me

vs.

#10 Seed: Hannah Huston - Say You Love Me

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/305303/The-Voice-USA-2016-Hannah-Huston-Say-You-Love-Me-Top-9/

------------------------

#8 Seed: Michelle Chamuel - Why

vs. 

#9 Seed: Jeffery Austin - Jealous

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

in all honesty, song choice has a big effect here; seed 9s song is way better than seed 8s song imo, even though I prefer Michelle as a contestant. same with Juliet and Josh, even though I like Juliet better, I'm struggling b/c I like Josh's song a lot better 

Michelle vs. Lauren was super even, and Thunderstorm's whistling vs. Laith's guitar skills was also hard. Juliet vs. Josh has been mentioned already and is one of the ones that could honestly go either way (and it's proof they both had perfect coach matches once they were in the live rounds) and the same goes for Michelle vs. Jeffrey (both in terms of who wins and coach/contestant matches). 

Still a less brutal bracket than the previous one though. 

• Like 1

Jordan VS Cassade is insane . Over You was Cassade's best performance but Mary did you know was the performance in which Jordan was emotionally connected at his best , So I am really torn . 

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, mercfan3 said:

Sorry for the late update! 48 Responses guys, that's amazing 🙂 Only one upset (the curse of the #5 seed continues)

Results are in, and the winners are..

#12 Seed: Maelyn Jarmon. - Mad World

#7 Seed: Matt McCandrew - Blower's Daughter

#8 Seed: Sasha Allen - Ain't No Way

Hummm...that looks strangely familiar....oh now I remember.  😜 

On 7/31/2020 at 12:23 PM, Spurrious said:

The current round is far less clear....I'm going to need a play them more than once to decide on 3 of them.  

• Like 2