The Greatest (Top 12 Results Live Now)

Zoey

greatest.jpg

Voiceover: Ladies and gentlemen, this is The Greatest!

*Opening credits roll*

Voiceover: Please welcome your host...

gettyimages-1170546181.jpg?crop=1xw:0.6966666666666667xh;center,top&resize=480:*

Chrishell Stause!

Chrishell Stause: Welcome to The Greatest! I am Chrishell Stause, and I am your host for the remainder of the competition. Some of you might know me from Selling Sunset, so I know what competition is and how hungry you need to be to get the prize.

*The crowd cheers*

Chrishell Stause: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome your judges!

*The crowd goes crazy as the judges walk out on to the stage*

source.gif
Jade Thirlwall

DiBbKK0.gif
David Archuleta

American-Singer-Kimberly-Ann-Caldwell.gif
Kimberly Caldwell

bbb477e5745321427a19cc4da172fd64.gif

and Delta Goodrem!

*The judges take their seats*

Chrishell Stause: Jade, how exciting is this? A new competition and twelve brand new acts to battle it out to become The Greatest?

JadeThirlwall: It’s incredibly exciting. I remember when I first auditioned and how nerve wracking it was to stand in front of the judges and an audience. It doesn’t get any easier the further you make it but you can turn those nerves in to a positive and  use them to your advantage.

Chrishell Stause:  and David, you also have experience competing in a talent competition. What advice do you have for the guys tonight?

David Archuleta: I think it’s about focussing your nervous energy and being able to choose the right songs for you as an artist. Especially with tonight’s theme.

Chrishell Stause: Delta, tonights theme is free choice and the contestants were tasked with showing off who they are. You have a ton of experience when it comes to choosing songs so what are you looking for?

Delta Goodrem: I think picking a the perfect song is difficult but it’s all about knowing who you are as an artist and being able to portray that without being predictable. We’re so lucky to have so many amazing artists around the world so on one hand that might help but on the other hand it might hinder you. You just need to be confident.

Chrishell Stause: and Kimberly, you auditioned for a talent show many years ago. How do you feel the competitions have changed from then until now?

Kimberly Caldwell: Thanks for calling me old I think the competitions have got more competitive. When I auditioned back in 2003 we relied on each other’s friendships for support. I think competitions nowadays are every man for himself. You can’t be focussed on someone else if you want to win at the end of the day.

Chrishell Stause: Thank you judges! The top twelve were tasked with the theme of free choice, which meant they had the opportunity to show us who they are and who they want to be if they were to release music outside of this competition. We won’t be as lenient going forward so this is their chance to shine! Shall we get to our first performance of the night?

*The audience cheer*

Chrishell Stause:  Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Noah Mac!

On 7/21/2020 at 10:37 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

I chose this song because it would sound nice with a indie/alternative rock raspy voice and when I heard it was free choice I had to really think what can really push the judges to love me.

Noah-Mac-Playoffs.jpg

Noah Mac performs "Leave a Light On (acoustic)" by Alan Walker

*The audience cheer*

David Archuleta: You picked a perfect song for this round, Noah! I think you really gave IDF a great taste of everything you will bring in the competition. My favorite parts were the ones where you showcased your growl. This really created a sense of raw emotion, which I feel is incredibly important for making a mark with viewers. 

Delta Goodrem: This performance was simply beautiful. You chose the perfect song for your voice, and it really gave us an idea of who you are as an artist. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!

Kimberly Caldwell: The nice thing about this song selection is that it let your voice shine. The piano accompaniment was gorgeous as well. There was some moments where it sounded like you were trying to push your voice just too much, and I'd advise to watch out for that going forward because it can come across like you're gargling with gravel.

Jade Thirlwall: I’m in absolute agreement with the other judges. I thought that was a gorgeous performance for you to start the competition with. I didn’t really expect that from you but I think you really did set the bar high for the start of the competition. Good work, Noah!

Chrishell Stause: If you enjoyed Noah’s performance then don’t forget to vote for him when the phone lines open at the end of the show! Next up is a girl all the way from the United Kingdom, hoping to impress you and get through to next week.. Leona Lewis!

leona-lewis-rex.jpg
Leona Lewis sings “If I Were a Boy” by Beyonce

*The audience cheer*

Delta Goodrem: I have to be honest with you, Leona. I have some conflicted feelings on your performance; I think you're absolutely talented but the arrangements of the song left me a bit disappointed, as it felt that you oversang in some part as if you were trying to do Beyonce instead of trying to showcase yourself; just be mindful when choosing songs that you won't be choosing songs that will lead to be compared to the original artist. But with that being, once the "You Oughta Know' part kicked in, I think you really shined and it should be enough to survive.

David Archuleta: We all know you’re an amazing singer Leona, and this performance definitely showcased that. However, being a good singer  isn’t all it’s going to take to go far. I think you definitely did enough to get to the next round, despite this. My advice for you is to pick more songs that allow your voice to truly deliver raw emotion. If you wanted to go Beyonce, I think Listen could’ve been a better choice for you. Anyway, when you learn to combine good vocals and emotional delivery, you will be unstoppable! 

Kimberly Caldwell: This performance was extremely basic, and dare I say horribly predictable? This is 2020. I expected better from you and everyone else.

Jade Thirlwall: Leona, I get where all the judges are coming from in their criticisms. I think Beyonce is kind of a predictable choice for you but the latter half of the performance kind of made me forget that because you changed it up and it was unexpected. I think you did a good job tonight.

Chrishell Stause: Thank you Leona! If you want Leona to stick around then vote for her at the end of the show. Our next performance hails from someone who has appeared on our screens multiple times but has failed to take away the crown. Ladies and gentleman, it’s Makayla Phillips!

48fc77b0-6802-11ea-a9c8-e3cf57aec208_800_420.jpeg
Makayla Phillips sings Homecoming Queen" by Kelsea Ballerini

*The audience go mad*

Jade Thirlwall: Makayla, that was exquisite. I’m so happy for you after that performance because it was literally you and your vocals speaking. It was so mature and understated, something which is difficult for someone of your age to pull off. Fantastic!

Kimberly Caldwell: Makayla, you showed a lot of potential in your season but I also think this song choice did you no favours. It didn't allow for your voice to excel and shine like it did on Idol. You have such a mature sounding voice and tone, and this just seemed like a significant backstep for you. 

Delta Goodrem: Mikayla, there's no denying that you're talented especially after this subtle performance of this country song from Kelsea Ballerini. I really thought you nailed every part of the song; It was refreshing seeing you do this kind of song as I've often found that you tend oversing, which you did not do at all, this week. 

David Archuleta: *standing ovation* That was such a beautiful performance, Makayla! The emotional delivery in this performance was spectacular and I could really tell that you yourself felt every word, which is just as important as the delivery. I think what’s so great about this song choice, is that a lot of people can relate to it, which is just going to make your emotional delivery even more impactful! I am actually really glad that you’re taking this Country/Pop angle because you harness the raw emotion that is common in songs of this genre, very well.

Chrishell Stause: If you want Makayla to return next week then you need to vote for her when the lines open at the end of the show! One more performance and then we’ll take a break.

*The audience cheer*

Chrishell Stause: Our next performance comes from a contestant who has made it halfway through a competition before. Will he be able to beat that this time? It’s Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon!

On 7/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, rdhaley96 said:

Hey everyone, Jeremiah here! First off, I’m absolutely stoked to be taking part in this competition. I feel like my first time around on Idol, I really only showed you guys some of who I am and what I can do, so I’m excited to get this second chance and show even more. :yes:

For this week, I’ve picked “Sun” by Sleeping At Last. It’s a little more percussive and dramatic than a lot of what I did on Idol, and I think it’ll give me the opportunity to showcase the more tender side of my voice as well as the more explosive side. Above all, I just really love this song’s message; that just being here and being human is beautiful and limitless. 

I’m so excited to perform this song, and I hope you guys enjoy it! ^_^

American-idol-2019-Top-14-Jeremiah-Harmon.jpg
Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon sings “Sun” by Sleeping At Last

*The audience cheer*

Kimberly Caldwell: Jeremiah, we all watched your season and know you can slay a ballad. I hope you don't fall into the trap of doing ballad after ballad in here too. I also feel like you were disadvantaged by going after Noah in this show, because the songs and styles you two did were similar, but his was better than you.

Jade Thirlwall: I really enjoyed that performance and found is so different to the first three that we’ve seen. I love how you’ve all delivered something different because it shows what a diverse set of contestants we have this season. What I particularly liked was the lows and highs of the song as it went along. You were able to take us to such an emotional place and then bring us back up on such a high. What a great start you’ve had to the competition.

David Archuleta: I’m not familiar with this song, but this was a great way to introduce it to me Jeremiah! There is a certain cry in your voice that makes the words of the song so much more impactful. This song really utilized your cry and for that, good job for picking it! I don’t really have anything else to say besides good luck in the votes, and keep picking good songs if you make it through. 

Delta Goodrem: *standing ovation*  Jeremiah, this performance was exactly what I expected from you. You felt every words that you were singing, and I had goosebumps from start to finish. And I think my standing ovation can speak for itself.

Chrishell Stause: Remember to vote for Jeremiah at the end of the show if you want him around next week! We’re taking a short break and then we’ll return with none other than the original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson!

*Ad break*

Edited by Zoey

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

This brings back so many memories. :wub:

I'm so happy ❤️ #reduxrevival

All performances so far have been great! Boys definitely surprised with some great song choices!

• Like 2

greatest.jpg

gettyimages-1170546181.jpg?crop=1xw:0.6966666666666667xh;center,top&resize=480:*

Chrishell Stause: Welcome back to The Greatest! We’ve had four excellent performances so how about we get right back to it and hope to have another one?

*The audience cheer*

Chrishell Stause: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Kelly Clarkson!

NUP_190194_0002.jpg
 Kelly Clarkson sings “Rise Up” by Morrissette Amon

*The audience cheers*

Delta Goodrem: Kelly, you're an household name & every song that you touch turns out to be super magical. And this song was no exception, as you've shown us in the past that you can nail every vocals from this song. - having covered many song, I would just warn that you do not fall in the trap of performing every songs that you have performed.

Jade Thirlwall: I loved the power from your performance Kelly. I think the cover that you chose was perfect for your voice and fit you much better than the original. A smart choice by you tonight.

David Archuleta: Kelly, you and Leona both have big, powerful voices, but I think what makes you stand out to me is the fact that you know how to convey raw emotion. Your vibrato placements in this performance show that you know how to deliver emotions, and that is an important skill. My only advice for you would be to either pick less-covered songs or do something a bit different with the arrangement. 
Rise Up has been covered many times, so I would have liked to see you really make it your own, but otherwise, great job! 

Kimberly Caldwell: I'm going to be honest, I don't really like this song. It's one of the songs where you hear one cover, you hear them all. That said, your voice sounds lovely - like always - but I don't think there's anything differently than can be done to this song.

Chrishell Stause: If you want to see Kelly return next week then don’t forget to vote for her at the end of tonight’s show!

*The crowd cheer*

Chrishell Stause: Next up is a contestant that divided many people but can she make us all come together tonight? It’s Haley Reinhart!

maxresdefault.jpg

Haley Reinhart sings “I Got Trouble” by Christina Aguilera 

*The crowd cheers*

Jade Thirlwall: I think this was such a smart song Haley, because no one else is going to perform a number like this so you’re going to stand out. I don’t think it was the most exciting performance but it was your niche and I was right there with you the entire way through. Such a sultry performance.

Kimberly Caldwell: This jazz side fits you perfectly, but I was honestly left bored by the end of this? The song works well when you're listening to it in your free time and letting it play in the background when you're at home working, but as a performance on a competition setting? No, sis.

Delta Goodrem: I was excited to see that you chose an XTina song, even though I would have chosen maybe "Candyman" or "Something's Got a Hold On Me" as it would have gave you the occasion to showcase personality & vocals. But that being said, I thought you delivered a great vocal performance & I expect to seeing more from you, as it should be enough to advance through to next week.

David Archuleta: You picked a great song tonight Haley! The bluesy vibes that this song gives off perfectly suits your voice and musical style. However, while others might have liked it, I am not really a fan of the “dirtier” vibe that you gave off with this song. For the future, please remember that jazzy/bluesy does not translate to dirty... 

Chrishell Stause: If you want Haley to get Dirrty next week then vote for her at the end of the show! Next up is a contestant some o you might have to familiarise yourselves with but it’ll be worth it. Please welcome Joe Woolford!

The-Voice-ep3.jpg
Joe Woolford sings “Temporary Love” by Ben Platt

*The audience cheer*

Delta Goodrem: Joe, I don't know where to start... This performance was simply perfection, in my opinion. It certainly help that I absolutely love Ben Platt. I truly don't know what else to say beside that if you give us more performance like this, you may be in the competition for the long haul.

David Archuleta: Sorry man, but I don’t think this was the right song for you. I find that your voice typically excels in delivering emotion when it’s given slower songs with room to expand on notes. This song didn’t give you that opportunity, so it unfortunately felt lacking. If you’re able to survive this week, my advice to you would be to pick songs that allow your voice to show its strength and deliver emotions. I think Lewis Capaldi would be a great angle for you to look at. 

Kimberly Caldwell: Joe, I'm going to be honest. This is a nice song and you sounded lovely on it. But... this is the sixth ballad in seven performances, so I'd be lying if I said you did anything to differentiate yourself from the previous contestants.

Jade Thirlwall: Joe, I loved it. The song was giving me Sam Smith vibes but your voice gave it another edge. You was able to push yourself and give us something more than usual. I’m in agreement with Delta on this one. It was absolute perfection and something I could see you having a huge hit with and that’s all we’ve asked this week.

Chrishell Stause: If you want Joe around next week then vote for him and make sure he stays! Up next we have a girl known for rocking out during her stint on American Idol. Please welcome Allison Iraheta!

On 7/22/2020 at 9:41 PM, Alex95 said:

Allison (Confessional): Hi my name is Allison Iraheta, I'm 28 years old and you last saw me on the eighth season of American Idol where I came in 4th place! It's been over ten years since my season and I'm hoping to show the audience a more mature version of myself. I needed a little help choosing my song to reintroduce myself to the world so I brought my friend in to join me.

*Adam Lambert walks into the rehearsal studio*

Allison: Adam!!!

*Allison runs up to Adam and hugs Adam*

Adam (Confessional): Hi America! You may also remember me from the eighth season of American Idol where I was the runner-up. When my little sis Allison told me she was doing this I was so excited for her. I feel like a lot of people think of myself or Kris when they think of our season and I think it's Allison's turn in the spotlight.

Adam: So what are you thinking of doing this week?

Allison: As a rocker chick I definitely want to honor some great female rock stars. Though I of course thought of bands like Paramore or Evanescence, I have always related to Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless. The world met her as an innocent child, playing Cindy Lou Who in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. She's grown up a lot since then though and can rock harder than any boy in the industry. The world last saw me when when I was 16 so I want to show them what this 28 year old can do.

Adam: I love that! So what are you thinking of singing?

Allison: I'm going to sing "Make Me Wanna Die" by The Pretty Reckless. It's a really fun song that I can rock hard. And it's unlike anything the world has seen from me before.

Adam: Such a great choice! I want you to WERK that stage! I know you have it in you.

Adam (Confessional): This is a pretty big song Allison is tackling. But if there's a chick out there who can rock it and do it justice, it's Allison Iraheta. I'm so excited to hear her perform it and I think she's gonna have a real moment up there.

gallery_medium.jpg
Allison Iraheta sings “Make Me Wanna Die” by The Pretty Reckless

*The audience cheer*

Jade Thirlwall: I’m going to repeat what I told Haley and say that you’re definitely going to stand out by the end of the night because of that performance. I really enjoyed it because it was one hundred and ten percent who you are! I’m looking forward to you challenging yourself with the vocals because you have a huge voice and there were only a couple of times you really went for it but overall I was so impressed.

Kimberly Caldwell: I say this was next up on the set list, and I was so GLAD somebody was finally going to do something to give us energy and wake us up. So thank you for that, Allison. Performance-wise, you slayed the stage presence and the vocals, as was to be expected. So far, you're the best of the evening and I hope that's reflected in the votes.

Delta Goodrem: Allison, thank you for coming out here & showing us all how it's done! Not only have you delivered an excellent performance, but we know what kind of artist you are. I'm excited to seeing what else you have in store for us, as we progress through the competition.

David Archuleta: Woah Allison, I did not expect that to come out of you! Unfortunately, I think that’s exactly the problem. For me, the level of anger that the writer obviously felt when writing this song, is not present in you. At points, the performance became a bit shouty, which I think is due to you not being able to deliver emotions that were not present. Sorry Allison, but this was just not very good. Moving forward, I think older classics might better suit you.

Chrishell Stause: Vote for Allison if you want her to return next week! We’re going to take a short break and then return with performances from Haley Scarnato, Melissa O’Neil, Jennifer Hudson and Vonzell Solomon.

*Ad break*

Edited by Zoey