Rank the winners

thevoiceisthetop

On 7/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, mercfan3 said:

Right - Jeffery was equal to him vocally. Amy and Madi (whom I wasn't crazy about), were interesting and unique contestants. Emily Ann had a really great growth arc..etc..

But it was all "Jordan is the greatest ever." When he wasn't. Great singer - don't get me wrong. I doubt we'll have a season with two great male vocalists like Jeffery and Jordan again..but still..neither are touching quite a few contestants vocally - and neither really had an interesting artistic path either. 

What makes you think that Jeffery was equal to him vocally I mean Jordan just slayed those incredibly high ( E5 , F5 , F#5 , G5 , G#5 ) notes while Jeffery can't even go up to E5 note , he was more of a belter but his range isn't as impressive as JORDAN'S . And also Jordan is THE BEST CONTESTANT THAT HAS EVER BEEN ON THE VOICE and it's not only his vocal power that makes him so special but it's also about the TIMBER of his voice , the TONE , the effortlessness with which he sings he has one of the most CLEAREST and PUREST vocals that I have ever heard 

4 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

What makes you think that Jeffery was equal to him vocally I mean Jordan just slayed those incredibly high ( E5 , F5 , F#5 , G5 , G#5 ) notes while Jeffery can't even go up to E5 note , he was more of a belter but his range isn't as impressive as JORDAN'S . And also Jordan is THE BEST CONTESTANT THAT HAS EVER BEEN ON THE VOICE and it's not only his vocal power that makes him so special but it's also about the TIMBER of his voice , the TONE , the effortlessness with which he sings he has one of the most CLEAREST and PUREST vocals that I have ever heard 

Tone is subjective. I don’t care how good of a singer someone is, there will always be people who don’t like their tone, their look, their style, their genre, or whatever. I do agree on Jeffery. He was pretty good, but he had a rough finale. He must have hit “the wall” that week. It’s not normal to have to learn, rehearse and record three songs within a few days to perform on live TV for millions of people, in addition to all of their other obligations. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Maelyn Jarmon
Lauren Duski
Alisan Porter
Tessanne Chin
Danielle Bradbery
Chloe Kohanski
Cassadee Pope
Chevel Shepherd
Brynn Cartelli
Sundance Head
Jordan Smith
Javier Colon
Josh Kaufman
Sawyer Fredericks
Craig Wayne Boyd
Jake Hoot
Todd Tilghman
Jermaine Paul

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Maelyn Jarmon
Lauren Duski
Alisan Porter
Tessanne Chin
Danielle Bradbery
Chloe Kohanski
Cassadee Pope
Chevel Shepherd
Brynn Cartelli
Sundance Head
Jordan Smith
Javier Colon
Josh Kaufman
Sawyer Fredericks
Craig Wayne Boyd
Jake Hoot
Todd Tilghman
Jermaine Paul

Are we gonna talk about me rating Danielle higher than you? 🙃

On 7/23/2020 at 9:56 PM, mercfan3 said:

Are we gonna talk about me rating Danielle higher than you? 🙃

Lol.  TBH  3,4 & 5 are  too close to call.  Also, there is a modicum of plus up for Alisan because of IDFs silent canceling  when she took a slight right turn to country. 🙂

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Lol.  TBH  3,4 & 5 are  too close to call.  Also, there is a modicum of plus up for Alisan because of IDFs silent canceling  when she took a slight right turn to country. 🙂

Which is weird, because Alisan definitely always had a country sound to her. 

I was more surprised that you have Tessanne that high. Not that Tessanne isn't amazing, I just didn't realize you liked her that much. 

1. Danielle Bradbery

2. Cassadee Pope

3. Sawyer Fredricks

4. Craig Wayne Boyd

5. Sundance Head

6. Tessanne Chin

7. Chris Blue

8. Jake Hoot

9. Chevel Shepherd

10. Jordan Smith

11. Javier Colon 

12. Alisan Porter

13. Chloe Kohanski

14. Maelyn Jarmon

15. Brynn Cartelli

16. Jermaine Paul

17. Todd Tilghman

18. Josh Kaufman

100% Deserving Winners
1. Alisan

2. Maelyn

3. Tessanne

4. Jordan

5. Josh

Deserving but they weren’t my favorites

6. Chloe

7. Sawyer

There were better options, but I wasn’t unhappy with their win

8. Danielle

9. Todd

Not a fan in the slightest, but I could see why he won

10. Chris

Undeserving

11. CWB

12. Sundance

13. Chevel

14. Brynn

15. Hoot

Didn’t watch S1-S3

On 7/20/2020 at 5:15 AM, VintageVoice said:

Coming from someone who ranked Jordan a lot higher - that's totally fair, the show's huge push for him when there were a number of other very solid contestants (Amy, Jeffrey, Madi, Emily Ann, and more) was one of the things that drove me nuts about his run on the show. 

I didn't watch this season as it happened, so I didn't know this, and I also didn't really know anything about the other contestants. I watched Amy's performances, and didn't love them too much, but Madi's were really unique and interesting.

• 1 year later...

Disclaimer (I haven't watched all seasons so some of these may be "meh" for me since I've only seen a couple of performances 🙂  Regardless of the list they're all really good and they shouldn't be discredited for their win by any means!

Talented, brilliant, showstopping, incredible.......the list goes on for this two. Truly believe they might be the two best contestants to every set foot on that stage....

1. Cam Anthony
  2. Maelyn 

Amazing and deserving winners in my eyes. Truly happy they won (these are very tight in places)

3. Chevel Shepherd

4. Danielle Bradbery

5. Cassadee Pope

6. Chloe

7. Chris Blue

8. Sundance Head

9. Brynn Cartelli

10. Alisan Porter

I like them!

11. Tessanne Chin

12. Jake Hoot

13. Carter Rubin

14. Javier Colon

Not my cup of tea/never really got into them 

15. Jordan Smith (he's talented af tho there's no denying that, just not the biggest fan of his tone)

16. Josh Kaufman (I've heard he's great but the couple performances that I've seen weren't as crazy good for me)

17. Todd Tilghman (I thought maaaaany others in s18 were more interesting and did better throughout the season, but he did have some rlly solid performances so I'll give him that)

18. Jermaine Paul (the definition of a meh winner for me. I literally have no opinion on this one lmao he seems nice tho!)

19. Sawyer (yeah I really didn't love his tone unfortunately)

20. Craig (same as Todd tbh but also.....I find him forgettable? Like I remember in one of the S15 auditions Blake listed literally every contestant he ever won with and forgot Craig.....that's that lol)

• 1 month later...

Legends

1. Jordan Smith

2. Alisan Porter

3. Maelyn

Amazing

4. Tessanne Chin

5. Chris Blue

6. Camera Anthony

7. Chloe Kohanski

Good

8. Jauf Joshman
9. Cassadde Pork

10. Carter Rubin
11. Sawyer Fredricks

12. Javier Colon

They're Ok, Would’ve Preferred Different Winner

13. Sudanese Head
14. Brynn Cartelli

15. Danielle Bradbery 

16. Chevrolet Shepherd

Whatever 

17. Todd Tilghman

18. Jermaine Paul

Didn’t Like

19. Jake Foot

20. Craig Wayne Bored

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I noticed that i haven't made my rank. I'm gonna try to keep it as positive as i can. 

I didn't ranked the first four seasons because i didn't watch them. But Cassadee and Danielle would probably be pretty high.

1. Maelyn Jarmon: No explanations needed

2. Chevel Shepherd: I just adore her country voice, and she never had a bad performance. She is just so special 

3. Brynn Cartelli: i adore her tone, and while she had some meh performances, i enjoyed her good ones a lot. Her releases post show are really good

4. Cam Anthony: He was at the top of his game every single performance, and his tone is so smooth and easy to listen. I'm usually not much of a fan of male singers on his genre but he is an exception

5. Sawyer Fredericks: His unique tone and the way he connected with the songs he sang made him standout. He just makes you enjoy every single second of his performances 

6. Girl Named Tom: Flawless harmonies, what they do every time they hit the stage is magical.

7. Chloe mk: Unique tone, her voice gave me chills every time she performed

8. Tessanne Chin: definitely the best vocalist in the winners' circle. Every note she sang on the show was so clean and powerful at the same time. 

9. Alisan Porter: Another powerful vocalist. I wasn't not much a fan of her higher register but her middle register was really deligthful to my ears. A marvelous vocalist, definitely

10. Josh Kaufman: i like his soulful tone a lot. And he makes you feel every word he sings

11. Sundance Head: Powerful singer. For a country singer, he has a lot of soul on his voice

12. Jordan Smith: Another excellent, first class vocalist. His tone is not my cup of tea but he is definitely one of the most memorable winners, and his performance of "Somebody to Love" is legendary

13. Chris Blue: Another great soulful vocalist, i was not a fan of some of his performances but the things he can do with his voice are spectacular.  

14. Todd Tilghman: Another powerful, soulful voice. He has a lot of passion every time he performs, you can feel his energy, he clearly loves what he does and he does it really well  

15. Craig Wayne Boyd: Strong country/rock voice. One of the best country singers this show has ever had, no doubt. 

16. Carter Rubin: Talented kid. His performance of "Rainbow Connection" still give me chills. It was absolutely amazing in every sense. 

17. Jake Hoot: Strong voice. For a pure male country vocalist, i really enjoyed a good number of his performances. 

Edited by Gustavo527

1. Chloe Kohanski 

2. Chevel Shepherd 

3. Cam Anthony 

4. Alisan Porter

5. Maelyn Jarmon 

6. Carter Rubin 

7. Jordan Smith

8. Tessanne Chin

9. Brynn Cartelli

10. Chris Blue

I either don't care about or havent seen enough of the others

Edited by erik g

Taking a stab at this (all of this is based on my opinions)

1. Chloe MK (so far only rocker to win the show)

2. Cam Anthony (never had a bad performance)

3. Girl Named Tom (another amazing winner)

4. Maelyn (loved her)

5. Jordan Smith (best vocalist that season)

6. Sawyer (thought he was cool)

7. Tessanne (second best team Adam winner-Jordan is #1)

8. Cassedee Pope (loved her since my emo days)

9.Alisan Porter (had a great vibe

10. Danielle Bradbery (the best female country winner)

11. Jake Hoot 

12. Chris Blue

13. Sundance head

14. Brynn Cartelli

15. Carter Rubin 

16. Todd

17. Javier

18. CWB 

19. Chevel (should have been Kirk that won instead)

20. Josh Kauffman (should have been Christina Grimmie-RIP my angel)

21. Jeramine (should have been Juliet)

Edited by Classicrocker1993
  • Like 1