Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
sarkis

What should the format be for season 19

Recommended Posts

I know this will not happen but here it goes

 

Each team starts with 10 singers for a total of 40. 

2 weeks only for both battles and knockouts with (steals/saves)

Bring back the 3 night playoffs

5-7 weeks of live shows with 1 eliminated each week till semi finals and then have a 4 person finals 

 

On the results shows:

Scrap the instant save and the singer with the lowest votes leaves the show

Bring back past contestants to sing/help mentor teams

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I won't ask too much, S17 format would be fine. 

Edited by Archanium
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, S17 seems like the best bet to ask for.

 

Ideally, this is what I'd want:

  • 12 acts per team in the blinds
  • Two battle steals (8 per team remaining)
  • One KO steal (5 per team remaining)
  • Top 20 in the playoffs
  • Top 20 cut to the top 12 with 2 PVs and the coach save
  • Top 12 -> Top 10 -> Top 8 -> Top 6 (semifinals) -> Top 4 (finale)
  • Top 6 and Top 4 get two solos and the top 4 get the coach duet as well (the top 4 can have the original song as a solo, since that gives a clearer idea for most of their ideal post-TV musical direction)
  • No Instant Save/Wildcard BS given the bias against contestants from Mountain Time and Pacific Time (and to a lesser extent towards whatever artist goes last)
  • No comeback artists
  • Get rid of the semifinals duets because while they can produce some gems (like Chloe & Noah, Maelyn & Rod, or Katie & Rose) there's the risk for a hot mess express (Kat & HS and Kennedy & Reagan being two of those), not to mention someone gets paired with the most popular artist and someone has to go with the least popular
  • Bring back the finalists + 1-2 fan favorites from the previous season throughout the live shows to promote their music after the show instead of plugging artists who don't need that platform to be a household/mainstream name
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Realistically, S17 seems like the best bet to ask for.

 

Ideally, this is what I'd want:

  • 12 acts per team in the blinds
  • Two battle steals (8 per team remaining)
  • One KO steal (5 per team remaining)
  • Top 20 in the playoffs
  • Top 20 cut to the top 12 with 2 PVs and the coach save
  • Top 12 -> Top 10 -> Top 8 -> Top 6 (semifinals) -> Top 4 (finale)
  • Top 6 and Top 4 get two solos and the top 4 get the coach duet as well (the top 4 can have the original song as a solo, since that gives a clearer idea for most of their ideal post-TV musical direction)
  • No Instant Save/Wildcard BS given the bias against contestants from Mountain Time and Pacific Time (and to a lesser extent towards whatever artist goes last)
  • No comeback artists
  • Get rid of the semifinals duets because while they can produce some gems (like Chloe & Noah, Maelyn & Rod, or Katie & Rose) there's the risk for a hot mess express (Kat & HS and Kennedy & Reagan being two of those), not to mention someone gets paired with the most popular artist and someone has to go with the least popular
  • Bring back the finalists + 1-2 fan favorites from the previous season throughout the live shows to promote their music after the show instead of plugging artists who don't need that platform to be a household/mainstream name

^ 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Realistically, S17 seems like the best bet to ask for.

 

Ideally, this is what I'd want:

  • 12 acts per team in the blinds
  • Two battle steals (8 per team remaining)
  • One KO steal (5 per team remaining)
  • Top 20 in the playoffs
  • Top 20 cut to the top 12 with 2 PVs and the coach save
  • Top 12 -> Top 10 -> Top 8 -> Top 6 (semifinals) -> Top 4 (finale)
  • Top 6 and Top 4 get two solos and the top 4 get the coach duet as well (the top 4 can have the original song as a solo, since that gives a clearer idea for most of their ideal post-TV musical direction)
  • No Instant Save/Wildcard BS given the bias against contestants from Mountain Time and Pacific Time (and to a lesser extent towards whatever artist goes last)
  • No comeback artists
  • Get rid of the semifinals duets because while they can produce some gems (like Chloe & Noah, Maelyn & Rod, or Katie & Rose) there's the risk for a hot mess express (Kat & HS and Kennedy & Reagan being two of those), not to mention someone gets paired with the most popular artist and someone has to go with the least popular
  • Bring back the finalists + 1-2 fan favorites from the previous season throughout the live shows to promote their music after the show instead of plugging artists who don't need that platform to be a household/mainstream name

Thats what i like

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want the voting system to change.

 

They need to make it that it's 10 votes TOTAL per account where you can divide your points. The team Blake supporters spamming ruins the entire show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

I just want the voting system to change.

 

They need to make it that it's 10 votes TOTAL per account where you can divide your points. The team Blake supporters spamming ruins the entire show.

I dont think that team blake supporters spam; it's just that they are large in number. in fact, I think its people like us on this forums that does that in a great percentage than minivan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, VintageVoice said:

Realistically, S17 seems like the best bet to ask for.

 

Ideally, this is what I'd want:

  • 12 acts per team in the blinds
  • Two battle steals (8 per team remaining)
  • One KO steal (5 per team remaining)
  • Top 20 in the playoffs
  • Top 20 cut to the top 12 with 2 PVs and the coach save
  • Top 12 -> Top 10 -> Top 8 -> Top 6 (semifinals) -> Top 4 (finale)
  • Top 6 and Top 4 get two solos and the top 4 get the coach duet as well (the top 4 can have the original song as a solo, since that gives a clearer idea for most of their ideal post-TV musical direction)
  • No Instant Save/Wildcard BS given the bias against contestants from Mountain Time and Pacific Time (and to a lesser extent towards whatever artist goes last)
  • No comeback artists
  • Get rid of the semifinals duets because while they can produce some gems (like Chloe & Noah, Maelyn & Rod, or Katie & Rose) there's the risk for a hot mess express (Kat & HS and Kennedy & Reagan being two of those), not to mention someone gets paired with the most popular artist and someone has to go with the least popular
  • Bring back the finalists + 1-2 fan favorites from the previous season throughout the live shows to promote their music after the show instead of plugging artists who don't need that platform to be a household/mainstream name

This but I want Coach comeback artist so TOP 24 for POs and Wildcard for Top 13 (its good for stacked teams)

 

LS: Top 13 > Top 11 > Top 10 > Top 8 > Top 6 > Finale  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, Feder said:

This but I want Coach comeback artist so TOP 24 for POs and Wildcard for Top 13 (its good for stacked teams)

 

LS: Top 13 > Top 11 > Top 10 > Top 8 > Top 6 > Finale  

 

The biggest reason I'm against coach comeback artists is because of the sixteen the show has had (in S9, S10, S12, and S13), only two advanced beyond the playoffs, and both of those happened in the same season; to me, it doesn't seem all that fair to cut someone, bring them back, then immediately cut them again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

The biggest reason I'm against coach comeback artists is because of the sixteen the show has had (in S9, S10, S12, and S13), only two advanced beyond the playoffs, and both of those happened in the same season; to me, it doesn't seem all that fair to cut someone, bring them back, then immediately cut them again. 

Yeah you are right! But I like it because it gives artists the chance to perform one more time, And I remember some good artists that deserved it like Karli Webster or Felicia Temple and I prefer it instead of Saves bc the artist is chosen after the round is over so no injustice there for people who perform when there are no steals left 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...