Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round Announcement)

FrogLenzen

Taylor Swift Final Rankings: Part 1

s1VIAFQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Let's get to it.

#31: Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar

TNtSQhbPqk=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIy9NiNbmo

Average: 23.00

Rankings:

Wally: 3

Priscilla: 7

Gigi: 15

Derek: 17

QK: 18

Victoria: 18

Lily: 28

Rei: 28

Andy: 29

Amanda: 30

Chris: 30

Diana: 30

Steven: 30

Elliott: 31

Megan: 31

I am APPALLED that Wally DRAGGED this song to the Top 31 and had the AUDACITY to not even rank it #1. What was the point!!!!!!!!!! Objectively this may be Taylor's worst song up there with her collab with Future. And I say this as potentially the biggest combined fan of Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar. Their worst song from EACH OF THEM. I am SORRY Taylor but maybe never collaborate with a rapper again in the future. I have some good out of the box suggestions for who you should collaborate with but literally ANY rapper is not one of them. Anyway, here are the quotes from people. Anyway, the only good thing from this is how hot Taylor looks in the music video. Everything else? Trash.

Wallace

Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar

3op9.gif

911a94f9d350edda975a0cdd8b22336f.gif

I was surprised and sadden to learn that “Bad Blood” isn’t well liked here in the Taylor discography game. I’ve always and genuinely love this song and always considered it one of my favorite songs of Taylor’s hence this #3 ranking. I am glad I was able to bring it into the finals as this was the only way it would get here.  I have no regrets. Even though I know many people are upset about me bringing it here so I don’t expect it to rank high. IF it can escape the #31 spot then I consider that a win for me. #VERYLowStandards. If not... and if it comes in last then eh oh well.... I'm happy to get this into the finals regardless.

I do really love “Bad Blood” and both versions of the song as well. I personally do love Taylor’s edgier pop music that has a feisty side to it. And songs of hat nature do tend to be my favorites from her. This remix has more of a hip-hop edge to it - and that does align more along my music taste too. I am more familiar with the Kendrick remix so thats the version I pushed for. :yes: Plus if we can gave Bon Iver here…. I am here to have some Kendrick in here too. Speaking of Kendrick, I love his verses here and he kills it on this track. My favorite part is where he raps:

We was OG like D.O.C., remember that?

My TLC was quite OD, ID my facts

Now POV of you and me, similar Iraq

I don't hate you, but I hate to critique, overrate you

:bobo:

I do really love the chorus that Taylor sings here:

Oh, it's so sad to

Think about the good times

You and I

‘Cause, baby, now we've got bad blood

You know it used to be mad love

So take a look what you've done

‘Cause, baby, now we've got bad blood, hey!

Now we've got problems

And I don't think we can solve 'em

You made a really deep cut

And, baby, now we've got bad blood, hey!

From the 2nd verse I love the part where Kendrick raps:

Don't you remember? You thought that I would need ya

Follow procedure, remember? Oh, wait, you got amnesia

It was my season for battle wounds

Battle scars, body bumped, bruised

Still, all my life, I got money and power

And you gotta live with the bad blood now

I love how Taylor slows down the bridge of the song and she sounds so pretty on it. ❤️ But she still means business here.

Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes

You say sorry just for show

You live like that, you live with ghosts

(You forgive, you forget, but you never let it go)

Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes

If you live like that, you live with ghosts

If you love like that, blood runs cold

(!)

I love the fierce and feisty attitude Taylor has while singing this song. And not to mention but the music video is perfectly alone guide the song too. I love the strong girl power kick butt nature of the music video. Taylor and all of the women in the video means business. I have no shame loving this jam even if I'm the only one who does so.

Rei

On 7/29/2021 at 3:31 PM, .Rei said:

28. Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar - Is not a good song but I like it way more than the three songs I’m ranking in the bottom.

Andy

On 7/27/2021 at 9:14 AM, #jeah said:

29. Bad Blood - Not a huge fan tbh

Amanda

On 7/31/2021 at 12:48 PM, *Amanda said:

30. "Bad Blood" feat. Kendrick Lamar

A song that has no business being in the final ranking. Taylor has so many songs that were better than this. Yeah, sure, the music video is great, but the actual song? Not so much. Taylor actually did a good job choosing the singles for 1989, but she made a huge misstep with this one. It's one of the weakest from the album and her discography as a whole. We really didn't need this here with all of the actually good songs from 1989 making it. Oh well, at least I get to drag it in my write-up.

Favorite Lyrics:

Band-aids don't fix bullet holes

You live like that, you live with ghosts

Hm, you love like that, blood runs cold

Chris

On 7/31/2021 at 11:43 PM, *Chris said:

Bad Blood While the song is catchy and has an iconic music video, I don't really care for the song which I also don't think it should have made it this far especially considering that we were unable to get some of her better songs from her most recent albums into the final ranking. 

#30: Come Back...Be Here

cc333eaedc3bd82a721f87746d5ff8bc.png

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofOwuV1_nZA

Average: 21.93

Rankers:

Steven: 4

Rei: 6

Derek: 15

Elliott: 20

Megan: 21

Amanda: 22

Andy: 24

Diana: 24

Wallace: 24

Chris: 27

Lily: 27

Priscilla: 27

QK: 27

Victoria: 30

Gigi: 31

I personally really like this song and think it gets a little screwed over from 1) being a Red bonus track and 2) being on Red which is such a strong album. But I personally would have had some other Red songs here before this which is why it just missed my bottom 10 songs. 

Rei

Come Back...Be Here - I loved this! Great song, if it wasn’t for All Too Well this would be my favorite Taylor song from her first four albums.

Amanda

22. "Come Back...Be Here"

I'm all for non-singles making the end here, but uh...my favorite non-singles from Red (State of Grace, The Moment I Knew, Sad Beautiful Tragic) were not chosen so IDK how to feel. Anyway, this is a really beautiful song, very bittersweet. Red doesn't really have any missteps and was absolutely ROBBED of the Grammy that year, and this is one of the many great songs from it. But I just have too many favorites in this final ranking, so.

Favorite Lyrics:

This is falling in love in the cruelest way
This is falling for you and you are worlds away
In New York, be here
But you're in London and I break down
'Cause it's not fair that you're not around

Wally

On 7/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, *Wallace said:

Come Back...Be Here

Cool sounding and pretty song from Taylor here. I do really like the chorus and those “come back.. be here” parts are very catchy. I like how powerful the bridge is and the breakdown part is cool too. Ooh a random thought and not sure if anyone will agree but this reminds me of an Avril Lavigne song too.

Chris

Come Back... Be Here: A nice inclusion in the Top 31 but it's certainly one of my lesser favourite in the Top 31. I do wish other songs would have made it over this one. 

#29: Look What You Made Me Do

giphy.gif

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

Average: 20.33

Rankers: 

Elliott: 1

Gigi: 7

Wallace: 7

Priscilla: 11

Rei: 13

Derek: 16

Steven: 22

QK: 24

Victoria: 24

Chris: 29

Diana: 29

Andy: 30

Megan: 30

Amanda: 31

Lily: 31

I'd feel worse for Elliott having his #1 show up first if he wasn't doing it to troll. To be fair, he could have trolled harder with that Boys Like Girls song. This is just not a good Taylor song and definitely not in her Top 31 songs of all time. And I think most of us feel that. But hey, Elliott's ranking saved it from a #30 placement. Also, another music video where Taylor is just really hot. 

Wally

On 7/28/2021 at 4:18 PM, *Wallace said:

Look What You Made Me Do

tenor.gif

I am probably the only person happy about Elliott advancing “Look What You Made Me Do” into the finals and I am sure I’m one of the few that will say anything positive here too. This was a song I was never gonna fight or push for to get to this point so thank you again for doing this, Elliott.  :giggle: But yeah I do love “Look What You Made Me Do” whether if it’s considered a bad song or what not. I personally love the dark, edgy,  feisty attitude that this song has and Taylor provides here. I do love the attitude Taylor brings in her vocals throughout the song. She really shows that she means business and does not play around. I do love the end-of the pre-chorus and how it gets into the chorus that goes. 

I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined

I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Ooh, look what you made me do

Look what you made me do

Look what you just made me do

Look what you just made me

Yeah the chorus is repetitive but its fun and easy to learn. :bobo: One of my biggest standout parts (if not my very favorite part) is the latter half of the second verse where she sings:

The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama

But not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma

And then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure

Maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours

That part is SO fun! :bobo: The bridge where the song slows down is also a lot of fun and I love that part too.

I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me

I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams

Then the whole speaking dialogue of the old Taylor can’t come to the phone part… cracks me up. :dead: 

And yeah I know the song isn’t very well liked here but I think we can all agree that the music video is really fun and iconic. Its up there as one of my favorite music videos of hers. It’s so fun and entertaining (as is the song).

Rei

13. Look What You Made Me Do - Haters gonna hate :music: This is a BOP and I live for it.

Chris

Look What You Made Me Do Not last because I enjoyed the pettiness of the song and the music video, but I still don't think it should have been in the Top 31. 

Andy

30. Look What You Made Me Do - No

Amanda

31. "Look What You Made Me Do

I'm still bitter we got this in the final ranking instead of the MANY amazing and brilliant Taylor songs that were snubbed. Iconic music video? Yes. I love all the past Taylors and the end bit where she pokes fun at herself with the past Taylors saying everything her haters said is amazing. Good song? Not at all. Definitely one of the weakest off of Reputation. It was a single because it's catchy and would get stuck in people's heads, but let's not confuse the catchy-ness of it for it actually being a good song. An easy last place for me.

Favorite Lyrics:

I don't like your perfect crime

How you laugh when you lie

You said the gun was mine

Isn't cool, no, I don't like you

#28: Mine

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952429f7bd83d4db4302b

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPBwXKgDTdE

Average: 19.53

Rankers: 

Diana: 10

Derek: 13

Wallace: 13

Lily: 14

QK: 16

Priscilla: 16

Victoria: 16

Gigi: 19

Megan: 22

Steven: 23

Amanda: 24

Chris: 26

Rei: 26

Andy: 27

Elliott: 28

Almost avoided having any top 10 rankings! This is one of the few songs where the rankings are fairly clustered together (relatively speaking). I do think that this became more iconic from being a #BRITTANA moment from Glee. 

Wally

On 7/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, *Wallace said:

Mine

original.gif

tumblr_mpfwzc8Usb1qhd0gpo1_500.gif

“Mine” is a really pretty and cute love song from Taylor. I really enjoy her vocals on this and the chorus is very cute and catchy.

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?

You put your arm around me for the first time.

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter.

You are the best thing that's ever been mine.

I especially love those last parts where she sings “you are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” I do think one of my biggest favorite parts is the bridge (especially the first half of it) as I love the intensity and vulnerability she showcase singing that part of the song:

And I remember that fight,

Two-thirty AM,

As everything was slipping right out of our hands.

I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street.

I never really considered “Mine” as one of my very faves of Taylor’s but re-listening to this now I am finding a newer and bigger appreciation for this.

Amanda

24. "Mine"

Unlike a certain other song in this ranking, this one is actually a really great lead single. It's cute and I love that it tells the story of a relationship with a happy ending. I like the music video for it as well. It just kept slipping down the list as I went to rank all these songs because I love too many of them.

Favorite Lyrics:

And I remember that fight, two-thirty am
'Cause everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the goodbye,
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone"

Chris

Mine  This lead single of "Speak Now" was one that very on-brand for Taylor, although it always felt a bit too much like it was trying to find the same success as "Love Story".  But that being said, it is a song that I like but it actually ranks near the end of my ranking of this album - this speaks to the quality that was "Speak Now"; I would have much preferred songs like "Dear John", "Long Live", "Sparks Fly" or "Ours" in the Top 31 over this one. 

Rei

26. Mine - Fun song, not one I would listen to regularly though.

#26 (TIE): New Year's Day

original.gif

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkvTYrFIxNM

Average: 19.13

Rankers:

Derek: 2

Megan: 7

Andy: 12

Elliott: 12

Amanda: 15

Diana: 15

Chris: 20

Wallace: 20

Rei: 21

Gigi: 22

Lily: 23

Steven: 25

QK: 31

Priscilla: 31

Victoria: 31

Again, this song could very well have my vote as one of Taylor's most underrated. I think that's partially because it comes off of Reputation which has absolutely some of Taylor's worst songs (in the Non-Bad Blood category), but I think it's just beautiful. Again, another solid album closer from an album that can be more shaky than not. Certainly what I would consider an all-time song from Taylor and I'm glad that through Derek's hard work, it made the Top 31 songs. 

Andy

12. New Year’s Day - This song is really heartbreaking to me

Amanda

15. "New Years Day"

I know that I'm a vocal Reputation hater, but she has some good songs on the album. It's just that the lows are really bad (LWYMMD, Endgame) and there aren't as many highs as her other albums. New Years Day is a high for me, After an entire album of a darker Taylor where she experiments with Hip-Hop at points, it was nice to end the album on a song of Taylor doing what she does best: heartfelt, beautifully written piano ballads.  This is such a stunning and beautiful song and the perfect ending to the Reputation album.

Favorite Lyrics:

Please don't ever become a stranger
Whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

There’s glitter on the floor after the party
Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby
Candle wax and Polaroids on the hardwood floor
You and me forevermore

Chris

New Years Day Easily one of the better songs from Reputation. 

Wally

New Year's Day

original.gif

This is a really pretty and stunning song. I like the simple piano arrangement and Taylor sounds really pretty on this. Really like the storytelling of the song here too. Very touching and moving song too.

Rei

21. New Year's Day - I feel like I should like this song more than I did. It is a good song but there’s something that prevents me from loving it.

#26 (TIE): Clean

WanUnknownHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tii5cv7DzpQ

Average: 19.13

Rankers: 

Amanda: 2

Rei: 9

Megan: 13

Derek: 14

Lily: 16

Andy: 18

Chris: 18

Wallace: 19

Steven: 21

Diana: 25

QK: 25

Priscilla: 25

Victoria: 25

Gigi: 28

Elliott: 29

I'm with Amanda that this is one of my favorite songs off of 1989 (which, despite my annoyance at it, is my 3rd favorite Taylor Swift Album and think that most of the songs on there are really strong). It's one of her best album closers which is something that Taylor isn't always necessarily great at. I'm glad it got a spot in the finals and am bummed that it didn't end up ranking higher. Also, I love that Taylor Swift has such a dedicated fanbase so that I can find gifs of songs that don't have music videos because the fans are like "we still gotta put a lyric on Taylor's face for our Tumblogs" and I RESPECT that. Makes my job (of formatting) easier. 

Amanda

2. "Clean"

Most definitely an unpopular opinion, because you know, if a song's a non-single not named "All Too Well", it gets overlooked by most of the rankers. But this ranking shouldn't be surprising to anyone, since I singlehandedly carried it into the final ranking. This is an amazing song. I love the effects she uses to get the background music to sound like raindrops, it really adds to the song. And the song as a whole is just an incredibly important and powerful song. Taylor wrote this about getting "clean" from a relationship with the comparison of addicts get clean from drugs/alcohol. The bridge "10 months sober, I must admit, just because you're clean, don't mean you don't miss it" really drives that point home and I really love that the song can be looked at from more than one perspective - finally being free from a relationship that you haven't quite been able to let go of or finally being clean from an addiction you've been battling. Just an incredibly powerful and meaningful song and a standout on 1989.

Favorite Lyrics:

The drought was the very worst (Oh-oh, oh-oh)

When the flowers that we'd grown together died of thirst

There were months and months of back and forth (Oh-oh, oh-oh)

You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore

Rei

9. Clean - Wow great song and great lyrics.

Andy

18. Clean - It’s a really good song, so I have it ranked above many others, but I can’t help wishing it wasn’t part of the finals? We already have like 5 superior songs from 1989 here lol. But I do really enjoy this song

Chris

Clean :  Another underrated song in Taylor's catalogue, and one of the highlight from 1989 - I hope everyone took the time to listen to this masterpiece if you are only familiar with her known songs. 

Wally

Clean

This song has such a unique and intriguing sound to it. The subject of it is quite dark and deep. But I like the mid-tempo vibe of the song. Taylor sings this in a cool and intriguing way too.

Edited by totes4totes

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

LOL flashback to the Kelsea round where their ranks were the same hahahaha

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

exactly, but the point is that you're closer with QK lololol

Then just call this the reverse Kelsea round 2.0 where he took my lead instead of the other way around this time. :dead:

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

What ever song was the 31st song to make it was getting 31st place from me.

that was Exile actually

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Then just call this the reverse Kelsea round 2.0 where he took my lead instead of the other way around this time. :dead:

There's a lot of things that I want to call it 🙂, but I guess it's not technically against the rules

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

that was Exile actually

There's a lot of things that I want to call it 🙂, but I guess it's not technically against the rules

You can 🙂 all you want. :dead: He said he was too busy and asked for a rank and he would move stuff around accordingly. It’s a game, chill. 🤣

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

You can 🙂 all you want. :dead: He said he was too busy and asked for a rank and he would move stuff around accordingly. It’s a game, chill. 🤣

I moved some of her questionable choices at the top back so that should make some people happy. :giggle: