Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round Announcement)

FrogLenzen

#21: High Road (I ranked 14)

Was NOT expecting this song to show up so quick! It wound up a little lower for me because I was less familiar with the most recent album... but this was a fun song. It had some aspects of newer Kesha and some classic Kesha as well. 100% should have AT LEAST been top 15.

#20: Resentment (I ranked 17)

This is a beautiful song, but it didn’t feel as “Kesha” to me as some of the others. It got a little lost in the shuffle, but now I wish I would have ranked it higher because I thought my placement was low! So it deserved better than 20th! :no:

#19: Cowboy Blues (I ranked 😎 a very cool eight)

Ugh, this one stings! This song makes my heart sad and happy at the same time. I love how personal it feels with the spoken ad-libs, and the stuff about the 3 cats. It’s amazing and relatable, and who hasn’t wondered about missing the signs and screwing up their life. Another win for me, as it is now on my playlists for the foreseeable future. I am thankful to this round for introducing me to this fabulous song (and in my mind this robbery never happened).

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~

FINAL STANDINGS PART TWO

18. Sleazy (2010 prod. by Bangladesh + Benny Blanco + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Benjamin Levin + Bangladesh + Klas Åhlund + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Extended Play: Cannibal

Ke$ha_-_Sleazyy.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #51 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleazy_(Kesha_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 15

Gigi: 18

Elliott: 14

Andy: 5

Denise: 21

Lily: 9

Wally: 12

Derek: 6

Chris: 20

Victoria: 13

JC: 5

Kaley: 15

Final Average = 12.750

COMMENTS

I used to pop my b*ssy hard to this song back in the day. Now I just think about how an actual rapist produced and wrote this song and my b*ssy does not pop.

22 hours ago, JC said:

still fricking iconic

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, FrogLenzen said:

I have fond memories of having this song on replay in my car to memorize all the words

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, *Wallace said:

“Sleazy” is a really fun song.  I keep switching my mind between #13 and #12 and it changes each time i listen to both songs. But for now “Sleazy” will get the advantage of my #12 ranking. It has that earlier fun pop/rap Ke$ha sound that I was always a fan of. The lyrics do make me giggle but she sells it well. I love the attitude she sings and sells this song here with. :bobo: The beat is also really sick too! Loving the sound of this. I don't need you or your brand new Benz. Or your bougie friends. :bobo:

On 9/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, *Lily said:

I really like this, kinda gives me early solo Gwen Stefani vibes. The beat is really cool and she sounds great.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, taylorkat said:

Another song that I wouldn't put in the top 21.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, miss denise said:

The drum beat is super fun, but overall, not for me.

17. Dancing with Tears in My Eyes (2010, prod. by Benny Blanco + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Benjamin Levin + Claude Kelly + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Animal

AnimalKesha.jpg

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

US Billboard 200 Decade-End Chart: #115 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_(Kesha_album)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 13

Gigi: 9

Elliott: 11

Andy: 13

Denise: 14

Lily: 21

Wally: 19

Derek: 12

Chris: 4

Victoria: 4

JC: 12

Kaley: 18

Final Average = 12.500

COMMENTS

This is a song that I used to scream out loud. But now I think about how a rapist wrote and produced the track, so I do not scream this out loud any more.

WOiX.gif

“Dancing with Tears in My Eyes” has an interesting and cool sound to it. This song also has a darker/deeper feel to it (like I feel “Blind” has). However, this is one of those songs I really want to really like/love but it hasn’t gotten there for me yet. I do still like it but it’s my least favorite of the Animal tracks.  But it is growing on me the more I do listen to it but i can only put it at #19 right now.

22 hours ago, JC said:

love this as well

Her voice is beautiful in the verses here in particular. Nice to see it make it here.

Nice dance song, obviously! 

The conflictedness of these lyrics resonates with me and I love that.  This is a song I realize how much I like whenever I listen.

I love all Kesha songs

16. Hymn (2017, prod. by Ricky Reed + Jonny Price, written by Kesha Sebert + Jonny Price + Cara Salimando + Pebe Sebert + Eric Frederic)

Album: Rainbow

giphy.gif

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymn_(Kesha_song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 3

Gigi: 8

Elliott: 3

Andy: 18

Denise: 19

Lily: 16

Wally: 21

Derek: 10

Chris: 8

Victoria: 15

JC: 17

Kaley: 11

Final Average = 12.417

COMMENTS

THE ABSOLUTE DISRESPECT THAT THIS SONG HAS BEEN SHOWN IN THIS ROUND. YUCK.

An absolute masterpiece of a song. A song that brings me to tears. A song that is clearly so connected to Kesha's story and her struggle through all the abuse she faced, as well as all the criticism thrown her way. Kesha made a song for anybody that feels like they do not belong anywhere in the world. A song for people that are imperfect. A song for people looking for something greater. One of her finest pieces of work.

"This is a hymn for the hymnless, kids with no religion, Yeah, we keep on sinning, yeah, we keep on singing... this is a hymn... for how we live"

This is a cool and interesting sounding song. I like the mid-tempo chill vibe of this. Although overall it doesn’t do too much for me or really grabs me (at least not yet). Maybe this could be one of those slow grower type songs. It hasn’t gotten there for me yet so it will be my #21 right now.

Love the message here as well as the sound of the record. Congrats to it for making it to the endgame!

22 hours ago, JC said:

lose

I'm glad this stayed in, I like it.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Elliott said:

Imagine wanting to eliminate this over Timber. Just imagine. I hope you're ashamed of yourselves.

Not really a favorite, but it could grow on me. I love the "Ooh ooh ooh" part of the bridge and the power through the end of the song.

Edited by Deeee

#18 Sleazy: (I ranked 15)

Yeah this song isn’t a musical or lyrical masterpiece, but I love it for the different sound. Definitely think a few other of the more party songs should have shown up first. Beat is super cool though, so that’s what bumped it slightly higher for me. 

#17 Dancing With Tears In My Eyes: (I ranked 18. )

So many of her songs are good! I feel like this one is sonically similar to Blind which I prefer to a pretty significant degree, so that’s how this one wound up so low. 

#16: Hymn: (I ranked 11)

Really!? This one already too!! I love the message of this song and the fact that it speaks for those who feel like they don’t have anyone else to speak for them :heartbounce:. I’m really hopeful we don’t see any more Rainbow songs until top 10. 

I’m fine with this set of songs here. I probably would have liked Sleazy a bit higher but not mad at its ranking.

And yay Kaley mentioning DWTIME and Blind because I felt a similar’ish way on both songs too - although I do prefer one  more over the other. :haha: 

Happy none of my biggest faves showed up. But lol it's funny how I do better with my lesser fave artists on this earlier portion of the rounds vs. my biggest faves (cause I had some of my ave Beyonce and Rihanna songs show up by now). :haha: 

11 hours ago, Elliott said:

This gif has been removed for violating forum rules.

Drag Race No GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

At least I voted for it to stay over Timber!! I'm never good enough!!!!! 😢

Edited by miss denise
Inappropriate language