Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round Announcement)

FrogLenzen

20 minutes ago, Deeee said:

YES! If @1234567890 @sublymonal @totes4totes join we could have the biggest round yet!

18 minutes ago, Deeee said:

And my fabulous friend @JC how could I forget

I was gonna say..... I know JC will join or at least he better! 😘 And totally expect/hope Victoria does too. And Megan & Andrew would be welcome too! 

14 minutes ago, JC said:

LOL glad you remembered me before I saw you forgetting me

I'll obvs join Brit! I just didn't want to say anything yet because I know I still owe you Kesha rankings :giggle:

Lol that's kinda why I hadn't posted in here for awhile. :haha: Glad i wasn't holding things up. 

9 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

The first one that I joined!

Ahh yayy nice! 😄 I did well with my pick. :giggle:  Glad to see you joining in!

I don't have the energy now to get personal about Kesha and do an organized write-up, but here's a random series of thoughts.

At first she grabbed my attention because she made fun catchy songs. It's not like I related to any of the lyrics about partying and drugs and alcohol because I am a boring square. But they were catchy. Then I listened to the album and every track was, like, amazing. She didn't take herself too seriously. She was cheeky. Even funny. And if you listened closely you could tell that even though the songs were all poppy and there was a lot or spoken word or whatever you want to call it, she actually had some pipes. Like, you'd be listening to Tik Tok being like "ha ha mick jagger" then all of a sudden you're listening to Dancing with Tears in My Eyes and on the last chorus you're like "... wait a second, was that a high F#? whaaatt??" 

And then it just got better and better. Cannibal. Warrior. Rainbow. High Road.

And I also like that she is able to make her voice and style work in so many genres. Like, she can do pop, hip-hop, country, rock, and it's all really authentic to me. You can tell that she had a lot of great musical inspirations and influences in her life and she is just crazy talented and able to morph into any style that she wants. I love that she just does what she wants, goes where she wants musically, and that her career isn't just the same old over and over. She has the talent and chops to just be like... now I'm going to record a country song. Now I'm going to record a rock song. She's not a country artist or a rock artist, she's just a super talented chick who does what she wants (now that Dr. redacted is out).

And she's similarly able to emote in so many different ways. Like, she's always the same cheeky Kesha that we love, and she doesn't take herself too seriously... but when she gets serious, it's SERIOUS. You have to listen and pay attention. It's enthralling. Idk if I'm even making any sense. And even though she has an incredible vocal range, I love that she saves it and doesn't use it in every song. She's not just yelling her highest notes on every track. She's conservative with her talent. So when she finally shows you what she has, it really has an effect. The most obvious example is the song Praying, which just grabs you right in the heart. So good.

And may we never forget that she was one of the trailblazers of the modern Me Too movement. Love you Kesha, can't wait to see what you do next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

People avoiding me and this thread when they have to submit rankings :dead:

:dead:  

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

We literally just submit a ranking with no write-ups, how are we still waiting on people? 😐

LOL Some of us like to give our all with our write-ups. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

@*Wallace posting in here when he hasn’t posted his S12 thoughts...

Just did. 😘 

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

Everybody that we are waiting on, besides Victoria, typically does submit write-ups. LOL.

Exactly. :haha:  

11 hours ago, Deeee said:

@JC just need your stuff and we are good to go!

11 hours ago, JC said:

Omgod am I the new Victoria?

11 hours ago, Deeee said:

No. She is stiff competition. LOL.

:dead: 

Wow rankings were sent in fast. 😮 Excited to see how these Kesha songs rank.