Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round Announcement)

FrogLenzen

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

I guess I'll go with the one I was more obsessed with, although it pains me to leave the other behind. :broken: 

My final pick: 

original.gif

If I Never See Your Face Again (with Maroon 5)

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick this one. :music:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I'm on Apple Music and the fact they don't have Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded as an Essential Albums is a crime. 🚨 I get ANTI being considered an Essential Album but Loud? I'm Breakin' Dishes!

Loud > GGGB :ph34rwave:

Just now, 1234567890 said:

This is a hot take!

GGGB is like 1/3 hits and 2/3 filler isaidwhatisaid.gif

My personal ranking is Rated R > Anti > Loud > Talk that Talk > GGGB/Reloaded > Unapologetic > the album with SOS/Unfaithful > the album with Pon de Replay

• Confused 2

Just now, #jeah said:

Push Up On Me, Say It, and Sell Me Candy are the only three “filler” tracks on GGGB wdym (and I like PUOM and SMC).

Plus Lemme Get That, Question Existing and the title track itself.

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

GGGB is like 1/3 hits and 2/3 filler isaidwhatisaid.gif

My personal ranking is Rated R > Anti > Loud > Talk that Talk > GGGB/Reloaded > Unapologetic > the album with SOS/Unfaithful > the album with Pon de Replay

Let us all ignore this post!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

Lemme Get That slays. I like Question Existing. The title track, I guess you could argue for :haha: 

I’m just saying. There are tracks on GGGB(R) I could skip and it wouldn’t change the album experience, whereas Loud *maybe* one - and even then I don’t skip it because I like the song. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I feel like... [your 11 favorite songs from Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded] beats Loud.

But perhaps [your 8 favorite songs from Loud] maybe beats [your 8 favorite songs from GGGB:R]

I'm not awake enough to do this math.

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I'm not awake enough to do this math.

LOL yeah I think I tried too hard there.

The point is I agree that GGGB:R has a lot of filler, but that people may disagree on what is filler. If you distill GGGB:R to your 11 personal favorite tracks, you create a pretty strong album. At 17 tracks, not as strong.

Edited by FrogLenzen

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

The point is I agree that GGGB:R has a lot of filler, but that people may disagree on what is filler. If you distill GGGB:R to your 11 personal favorite tracks, you create a pretty strong album. At 17 tracks, not as strong.

That's a fair point.

I also based my ranking off the fact that, like with the platinum edition tracks on Beyoncé, I don't factor in the Reloaded tracks with GGGB since they came out a year afterward. If I was to get rid of a few tracks from the standard edition of GGGB and replace them with the Reloaded tracks that aren't Maroon 5 remixes, it'd be a legendary album.

Even Rated R, which is my favourite of Rihanna's albums, has a few tracks I could do without. But I absolutely love the vibe of the album and the tracks that I love, I really love.

But as a whole, I think Loud and Anti (both editions) are her most solid albums from beginning to end. Probably because they were the two albums that weren't just pumped out super quickly.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I also based my ranking off the fact that, like with the platinum edition tracks on Beyoncé, I don't factor in the Reloaded tracks with GGGB since they came out a year afterward. If I was to get rid of a few tracks from the standard edition of GGGB and replace them with the Reloaded tracks that aren't Maroon 5 remixes, it'd be a legendary album.

I can't wait to have this same conversation with Animal / Cannibal :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: