giphy.gif

tumblr_nts9xpDJub1rw0i3wo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

tumblr_ml6xxpqjRN1rijbg1o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_pkk6paQwPD1s6fj9x_500.gifv

hPfKVvu.gif

INTRODUCTION:

Time for more fun! After the widely controversial Music Rankdown, which saw me quit in an epic and glorious fashion, I have been deciding how to play more music-based games on here without all of the wild drama. With the success of the current Filmography Rankdown, I have decided that a short, write-up-less game for music is the perfect way for us all to have fun talking about our favorite artists. Steven came up with a really solid idea + format, and he is okay with me doing something similar for this game as well. Instead of a traditional Rankdown that pits all of our favorite artists against each other, we will be examining the music of IDF's most beloved artists more in-depth. One artist per round, IDF will decide on the best single ever created and released by as many legendary musicians as we would like! Maybe at some point, all of the winning singles will face off against one another in a traditional Rankdown. But for now, let's just enjoy the music!

FORMAT:

1. Each round will focus on one artist(s) at a time. At the beginning of this game, everybody will be free to submit one artist of their choosing to have an individual round. After all of these initial rounds have been completed, I will have everybody submit a list of desired artists to the game. I will then use the randomizer to help decide an order for the game to follow and to keep genres mixed up, etc. 

2. The game will work on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be prepared for these rounds to move quickly.

3. Write-ups are not required, but commentary and thoughts are of course welcomed and encouraged!

4. The format of each round will depend on the length of the discography of each artist.

5. At the start of each round, there will be an automatic save/advance to the finals rounds. Since some discographies might be too extensive, some beginning rounds will ask you to save more than one song, and all songs not saved will be automatically chopped from the game.

6. The middle rounds will consist of cuts. The amount of cutting rounds will depend on the length of the discography at play.

7. The final round will always feature a simple ranking that will be completed via PM. Public members will be able to participate in the final round. 20 songs will advance to the finals every round.

GENERAL RULES:

Each round should have at least four players. If only three players are interested in playing a particular round, I will substitute as the fourth player in the case that I happen to know the particular discography. I will be making decisions last in any round where I am asked to participate. 

All tracks included on any album that was released will be eligible for inclusion. If I have to venture outside of Wikipedia to look up the single, or if the single if just a live version of a song that is part of an album, it will not be included. Please try to be mindful of this, since I want this game to be as low energy/low commitment as possible.

Non-album singles + significant features + promotional features will be included in the game. 

Unless a remix is included as part of an album release or it happened to chart at any point, then it will not be included in the game. 

Solo artists will be separated from their respective former groups to respect the music/artists. Ex: Beyoncé vs. Destiny's Child

Be nice and have fun!

If nobody is interested in this idea, I will just request that a mod deletes the thread!

Edited by Deeee

Posted (edited)

CURRENT ROUND DISCOGRAPHY:

Alanis Morissette

giphy.gif

JAGGED LITTLE PILL

All I Really Want

You Oughta Know

Perfect

Hand in My Pocket

Right Through You

Forgiven

You Learn

Head Over Feet

Mary Jane

Ironic

Not the Doctor

Wake Up

SUPPOSED FORMER INFATUATION JUNKIE

Front Row

Baba

Thank U

Sympathetic Character

That I Would Be Good

Can’t Not

UR

I Was Hoping

One

UNDER RUG SWEPT

21 Things I Want in a Lover

Hands Clean

FEAST ON SCRAPS

Fear of Bliss

Sister Blister

Offer

SO-CALLED CHAOS

Eight Easy Steps

Spineless

Everything

THE COLLECTION

Crazy

Uninvited

FLAVORS OF ENTANGLEMENT

Citizen of the Planet

Underneath

Versions of Violence

In Praise of the Vulnerable Man

Moratorium

Break

HAVOC AND BRIGHT LIGHTS

Guardian

Woman Down

Celebrity

Havoc

SUCH PRETTY FORKS IN THE ROAD

Smiling

Reasons I Drink

SINGLES/SOUNDTRACKS/NON-ALBUM SONGS

I Remain

Wunderkind

Edited by Deeee

Posted (edited)

ROUND ORDER:

1. Beyoncé - Dee

2. Alanis Morissette - Elliott

3. Carrie Underwood - Steven

4. Adele - Victoria

5. Kesha - Derek

6. Britney Spears - Wally

7. Kelly Clarkson - Priscilla

8. The Dixie Chicks - Tom

9. Kacey Musgraves - Chris

10. Shakira - Rei

11. Kelsea Ballerini - QK

12. OneRepublic - Sola

13. Jesse McCartney - Denise

14. Aaliyah - Lily

15. Lana Del Rey - Andy

16. Janelle Monáe - Megan

17. Justin Timberlake - JC

18. Usher - Kaley

19. Carly Rae Jepsen - Andrew

Edited by Deeee

Posted (edited)

FINAL RESULTS:

Beyoncé

1. Crazy in Love 👑

2. Halo

3. Irreplaceable

4. Love On Top

5. Freedom

6. Sorry

7. Beautiful Liar

8. Countdown

9. Yoncé/Partition

10. All Night

11. Drunk In Love

12. Hold Up

13. Freakum Dress

14. XO

15. 1+1

16. Pray You Catch Me

17. If I Were A Boy

18. Listen

19. End of Time

20. Haunted

21. Check On It

Edited by Deeee

This is more up my alley. :wub::giggle: I will play. :haha: 

• Thanks 1

What are your thoughts on how to account for solo artists vs. their former groups? Must Destiny's Child be separate from Beyonce etc.?

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

What are your thoughts on how to account for solo artists vs. their former groups? Must Destiny's Child be separate from Beyonce etc.?

Ahhh I knew I forgot a point in my original post! I think just for sake of clarity and to respect other artists (aka Kelly Rowland), I will be separating solo artists from their former groups. 

I get to fight people again? And there is no write ups involved?  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just now, NGM said:

I get to fight people again? And there is no write ups involved?  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I knew this would appeal to you. :wub:

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Pick Me GIF by memecandy

THIS IS GOING TO BE ME FOR ALL THE ROUNDS!

LOL good! I will be including as many people as possible in every round!

:w00tbounce:

Will all album tracks be included too? I see you only mention singles in the OP.

Just now, Steven_ said:

:w00tbounce:

Will all album tracks be included too? I see you only mention singles in the OP.

Ahhh yes! I was probably using the term "singles" too loosely! All album tracks will be included!

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Ahhh I knew I forgot a point in my original post! I think just for sake of clarity and to respect other artists (aka Kelly Rowland), I will be separating solo artists from their former groups. 

fail seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

me taking notes on Fergie vs. BEPs

• Haha 1

It would need to be all album tracks because some artists don't have that many singles. Or in other words:

200.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Ooh i was hoping groups and solo material would be separate so thankfully they are. 

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Pick Me GIF by memecandy

THIS IS GOING TO BE ME FOR ALL THE ROUNDS!

LMAOOO me too. :lmao:  Or well I might stay out of certain genres that doesn't appeal to me. :haha: 

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

SCREAMING. :dead:

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

we will cut all tracks from that abomination called Translation. This isn't what I wanna do, it's what we will do

• Haha 3

Oooh lol I was hoping only singles would be represented than album track inclusions. :lmao: 

I also want to add that if anybody suggests an artist that does not take, I will be allowing that same ranker to choose another artist rather than skip their round. Everybody gets to have their turn!

Just now, *Wallace said:

Oooh lol I was hoping only singles would be represented than album track inclusions. :lmao: 

Some of the best songs are not released as singles, so it's only fair to the fans to give them everything they want!

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

wally only consumes what media pushes on him confirmed

• Haha 3

Just now, NGM said:

wally only consumes what media pushes on him confirmed

Coffee Lol GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1