DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

On 11/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, Rampurewal said:

Is  this the first time skai has not been the most viewed ?

You would be correct on this. That was rather surprising to see. 😮 But i think all the Katilyn/Artem vs. Carrie Ann drama helped Kaitlyn get the most views this week.

On 11/6/2020 at 4:06 PM, Alex95 said:

People are being messy in Chrishell's comments on her Insta, they are so trashy. Asking her if she broke them up or if she slept with Gleb. Let Chrishell be!

Ugh that's so upsetting but hardly surprising of people. :/ 

On 11/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, Ariel1989 said:

Their daughter Olivia just turned 10 this week and their other daughter Zlata is only a toddler 🥺.  I hope their parents disable the comments on their daughters’ IG accounts, Zlata probably doesn’t use it since she’s so little but Olivia might go on hers and see comments from strangers about her parents’ split.  

No wonder Elena wasn’t posting about voting for Chrishell & Gleb this season, she usually supported Gleb and his partner in past seasons.  

That would be a good idea for them to block the  comments.

Omgg whoaa, I had no idea about this. 😮 But wow, that would have been very telling for those that follow her. 😮 

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheryl is draginggggggggg. Namedrops Nelly even lol.

Sharna straight after hearing that there are female spots open and the show has lost two blonde dancers:    

Lmao the pros are so done with the judges this season. Can't even blame them.

press release!

The couples are as follows (with dances and songs):

·       Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a redemption Paso Doble to “Hanuman” by Rodrigo Y Gabriela; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Cowboy Take Me Away” by The Chicks

·       Disney Channel actress Skai Jacksonand pro Alan Bersten will perform a redemption Cha Cha to “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior; then for their new dance, a Viennese Waltz to “Lonely” by Noah Cyrus

·       Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber will perform a redemption Tango to “El Tango de Roxanne” from “Moulin Rouge”; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Holding Out for a Hero” by Ella Mae Bowen and Bonnie Tyler

·       GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a redemption Paso Doble to “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid;  then for their new dance, a Jive to “Jump Jive An’ Wail” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra

·       TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a redemption Foxtrot to “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “If the World Was Ending” by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

·       Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart will perform a redemption Salsa to “X” by Jonas Brothers featuring Karol G; then for their new dance, a Jazz to “I Lived” by One Republic

Thoughts:

Hmmm ok not surprised we're getting a redemption round of dances. This is why I am bummed the couples didn't do two individual dances last night because we're gonna miss out on another style the couples could have done.

:( 

I think i predicted a lot of these styles right so yay!

- Kaitlyn Paso redemption definitely makes sense, especially with the CA drama that erupted from her last Paso. I can see this being great for her. Never imagined a Contemporary to that song (and not my favorite song  choice tbh) but with that song choice, I can certainly see Chris loving this. :giggle: 

- Yayy I've been wanting a Skai VW for such a long time so yay this happening! 😄 Don't know the song. A Cha-Cha redemption makes sense. Ugh wish I could have guessed that.

- Kinda surprised Justina has a Tango redemption as her previous Tango was really good and was amongst my faves from her, but she's got a more traditional song so I see this being even better. Ooh I remember someone doing a Contemporary to this song - it was a weaker dancer I can't recall. Maybe Alek or Chris Soules? Justina's will be great.

- Love Nelly's Jive song and he should have fun with that. Hmm kinda surprised the Paso is his redemption dance as the judges loved his previous Paso and called it his breakthrough. This song will have more of a Paso feel. But it makes me think of Bethany's Paso, which was one of my faves from her.

- Nev getting a Foxtrot redemption is def the right choice and an obvious call there (which I hope i predicted). Love both songs for both of his styles, and I can certainly see him nailing and delivering a great Contemporary.

- Johnny Salsa redemption makes sense, and I figured it would be a Latin style now that I thought about it now lol. Ooh he should do well with a Jazz too.

Ooh and also ugh too many Contemporary dances. Although I am sure they will all be great.

19 hours ago, Elliott said:

What kind of SYTYCD8 realness @ the amount of contemporaries?

LMAOOO at this. :dead: I guess since we didn't have a SYTYCD this year, they wanted to treat this episode as one. Like how we had 3 Jazzs on 80s Night. :haha: 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Cheryl is draginggggggggg. Namedrops Nelly even lol.

omggg I saw a bit of this on Entertainment Tonight last night and was quite shook with some of what I saw. 😮 Didn't see the whole thing so thanks for posting.

15 hours ago, *Diana said:

I suddenly must stan Cheryl. Growth.

I never thought I would see the day. 😢 

14 hours ago, aliasocfan said:

Mentioning lack of body contact while getting a perfect score.

Well I wonder who she is referring to. :giggle:

Omggg, wow that call out. :dead: 

8 hours ago, Elliott said:

Cheryl about to retire so she has zero f*cks to give. :dead:

Sure seems like that. :dead: 

• Haha 2

If Hannah won with James right there than Kaitlyn should but honestly she's the better dancer. I have a feeling she's destined for 3rd. Nev is winning. 

The scary thought is Nelly winning or getting 2nd place.  Which sadly, might happen because these judges and voters are insufferable sometimes.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ungodlyhour said:

kaitlyn is destroying everyone in youtube views :dead:  even if they're not the best metric of votes i honestly think she could take it this year

I am just about to put together my Youtube stats later on tonight..... and yeah wow she is killing it on the views all of a sudden now. :haha: 

I do think it's between Nev and Kaitlyn, leaning towards Nev winning it.

21 hours ago, Alex95 said:

If a Bachelor contestant wins two years in a row I really hope we can take a break from them for S30.

Ugh yeah I'm in one and two was about this. 

A part of me really wants to see Tayshia on the show next year, as I love her more than Hannah & Kaitlyn - though not sure of her dance background. But would also want at least a break of a Bachelor Nation person or some mediocre that poses no threat to win. :haha: 

21 hours ago, ungodlyhour said:

i see 2 futures:

1) tayshia on s30

2) s30 is all-stars and we get at least 3 bachelor nation contestants

❤️ 

:dead: 

I wouldn't be surprised with any of these happening lol.

5 hours ago, Rampurewal said:

Gah the way Jeezy explains this is so scary and heartbreaking. 😢 So glad she is recovering well. ❤️ 

But awww i love the part of her right after surgery of trying to figure out how to get back on DWTS. I can so picture her doing that. :haha:  Aww that is sooo Jeannie there.  ❤️

DWTS Season 29, Week 9 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Thursday 11/12 @ 11:10 PM)

1. Kaitlyn & Artem - Argentine Tango: 413,909 views / 6,191 likes / 123 dislikes
  2. Nelly & Daniella - Jazz: 216,082 views / 3,574 likes / 253 dislikes
  3. Salsa Dance Off: 215,797 views / 4,509 likes / 42 dislikes
  4. Skai & Alan - Paso Doble: 205,680 views / 5,085 likes /133 dislikes
  5. Cha-Cha Dance Off: 133,249 views / 1,736 likes / 16 dislikes
  6. Nev & Jenna - Jive: 132,624 views / 2,513 likes / 34 dislikes
  7. AJ & Cheryl - Viennese Waltz: 119,763 views / 1,461 likes / 49 dislikes
  8. Johnny & Britt - Quickstep: 100,529 views / 1,828 likes / 81 dislikes
  9. Jive Dance Off: 91,040 views / 1,451 likes / 16 dislikes
  10. Justina & Sasha - Rumba: 80,3403 views / 1,782 likes / 36 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Kaitlyn & Artem - Argentine Tango
  2. Skai & Alan - Paso Doble
  3. Salsa Dance Off

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Jive Dance Off
  2. AJ & Cheryl - Viennese Waltz
  3. Cha-Cha Dance Off

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Nelly & Daniella - Jazz
  2. Skai & Alan - Paso Doble
  3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Argentine Tango

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Jive Dance Off
  2. Cha-Cha Dance Off
  3. Nev & Jenna - Jive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DWTS Season 29, Top 10 Most Viewed Dances - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Friday 11/13 @ 1:55 AM)

1. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble [Week 1]: 3,035,639 views / 51,058 likes / 30,576 dislikes
  2. Skai & Alan - Tango [Week 1]: 1,924,688 views / 38,000 likes /3,206 dislikes
  3. Skai & Alan - Samba [Week 2]: 1,293,289 views / 24,824 likes / 533 dislikes
  4. Skai & Alan - Jive [Week 3]: 931,431 views / 22,514 likes /436 dislikes
  5. Nelly & Daniella - Salsa [Week 1]: 916,014 views / 15,342 likes / 201 dislikes
  6. Skai & Alan - Argentine Tango [Week 7]: 844,939 views / 25,648 likes /377 dislikes
  7. Jeannie & Brandon - Salsa [Week 1]: 831,393 views / 14,104 likes / 343 dislikes
  8. Skai & Alan - Foxtrot [Week 4]: 828,219 views / 20,782 likes /155 dislikes
  9. Carole & Pasha - Samba [Week 3]: 637,834 views / 2,687 likes / 2,589 dislikes
  10. Nelly & Daniella - Cha-Cha [Week 2]: 615,311 views / 6,479 likes / 177 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble
  2. Skai & Alan - Tango
  3. Skai & Alan - Argentine Tango

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Carole & Pasha - Samba
  2. Nelly & Daniella - Cha-Cha
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Salsa

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble
  2. Skai & Alan - Tango
  3. Carole & Pasha - Samba

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Skai & Alan - Foxtrot
  2. Nelly & Daniella - Cha-Cha
  3. Nelly & Daniella - Salsa

Instagram have released some of the pics of the judges who are helping out the couples for their redemption dances this week:

Bruno has Skai and Nelly

Derek has Justina and Nev

So Carrie Ann has Johnny and, to the surprise of none of us, Kaitlyn