2. Nev & Jenna - Quickstep
  3. Justina & Sasha - Jazz
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sharna straight after hearing that there are female spots open and the show has lost two blonde dancers:    

What are they thinking?!   I do love Tyra but I can’t see this being received well at all...wasn’t she kinda bad/poorly-received on AGT (I didn’t really watch but thought that’s what I heard

I forgot about Rashad. 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, derrellsbrokenspirit said:

I don't really get why they don't want to ever have the show go into December.

Because the fall sweeps end in November. They want the finale and last few weeks to be during that time frame as that’s what determines what they can charge for advertising slots 

Instagram follower count of Celebs (from smallest to biggest)

Carole Baskin - 15.2k

Anne Heche - 35k

Charles Oakley - 83.2k

Justina Machado - 318k

Johnny Weir - 494k

Monica Aldama - 665k

Vernon Davis - 845k

Jesse Metcalf - 941k

AJ McLean - 979k

Nev Schulman - 1.6M

Kaitlyn Bristowe - 1.8M

Chrishell Stause - 1.8M

Jeannie Mai - 2.3M

Nelly - 3M

Skai Jackson - 6.9M

23 hours ago, *Amanda said:

So, that’ll leave us with 7. There has to be a 2nd double elimination in there to reach a 4-couple finale.

My guess would be the next Double elimination would be the semi-final to go from 6 to 4 couples there (ala Season 27).

Villains night press release is out!

Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing Jazz to “Fever” by Beyonce, dressed in a costume inspired by Nurse Ratched

Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing Paso Doble to “Disturbia” by Rihanna, dressed in a costume inspired by Cruella de Vil

Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Argentine Tango to “Everything I Wanted” by Billie Eilish, dressed in a costume inspired by Bride of Chucky

Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing Tango to “Take Me to Church” by MILCK, dressed in a costume inspired by Carrie

Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing theTango to “Psycho” by the Intermezzo Orchestra, dressed in a costume inspired by Norman Bates

Emmy ® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai,and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Paso Doble to “Maneater” by Nelly Furtado, dressed in a costume inspired by Hannibal Lecter

GRAMMY ® -winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Argentine Tango to “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd, dressed in a costume inspired by Freddy Krueger

TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Paso Doble to “Swan Lake Remix” by District 78, dressed in a costume inspired by Black Swan

Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenkodancing Paso Doble to “In the Air Tonight” by VonLichten, dressed in a costume inspired by Maleficent

Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Creep” by Vincent/Kimberly Nichole, dressed in a costume inspired by Dracula

So many Tangos and Pasos

:dead: 

Not every Villain-themed dance NEEDS to be of the Tango/Paso variety. I think Johnny and Monica will definitely stand out more by not having one of those styles.

LOL I am definitely not surprised with the overload of Pasos, Tangos and Argentine Tangos - but a total of 8 out of 10 of those? Lmao dangg…. that is wayy too much.

:dead: LOL I was even honestly thinking of going on a Paso/Tango overload with my predictions but didn’t think it would be like that. :haha:

- Ugh this show really trying to make me be a fan of Monica by having her dance to the Beyoncé version of that track. :/:lmao:

- A Paso to “Disturbia” is new, as we usually get Tango’s to that song. As is a Tango to “Take Me to Church” being new, as Foxtrots are usually done to those. Looking forward to how Kaitlyn and Justina handles that. 

- An AT to “Everything I Wanted”? I can not picture that at all. But at least it’s a new song.

- AJ got another iconic song/dance combo from a past couple, as Ricki/Derek had that on S13. Curious how this dance will go for AJ and what Derek will think of it.

- Love Jeannie’s and Nelly’s song/dance combos.

- Swan Lake Paso? And a Paso to “In the Air Tonight”? Those are both new but interested in seeing how those work out for Nev and Chrishell.

- Ooh a Viennese Waltz to “Creep” is unexpected. Nice to see Johnny back with a ballroom dance as he hasn’t done one since Week 2. Hoping he can improve from that one as that was my least fave from him.

Looking forward to the show, as I like the theme but do wish there were more variety in styles.

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So are AJ & Cheryl just doing Ricki Lake's dance or....?

I alluded to that in my comments. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Me when I got to the end of the press release and saw someone dancing to rightful season 8 champion of The Voice Kimberly Nichole:

giphy.gif

Yesss  I saw that and knew you would be happy about that (as am I). :wub: :haha: 

Draft update!

Draft 1

2tq1Ked.png

Amanda loses a pick with Jesse and is down to 1 (Chrishell). Same with Alex, who loses Vernon and is now down to 1 (Nev).

Remaining picks

Chris - 3

Diana - 2

Wallace - 2

Alex - 1

Amanda - 1

Elliott - 1

pmbaz8z.png

I lose my first pick with Jesse and am down to 2 (Monica and Chrishell), while Rei loses Vernon, and is down to 1 (Johnny).

Remaining picks

Richard - 3

Ana - 2

Lily - 2

Dee - 1

Rei - 1

Wildcard - 1

Edited by *Lily

Of the drafts, I think Richard has the best chance at winning.

Though if Neve winss, I'm never watching this show again until next year when I inevitably watch it again

On 10/21/2020 at 2:28 PM, Elliott said:

Of the drafts, I think Richard has the best chance at winning.

Though if Neve winss, I'm never watching this show again until next year when I inevitably watch it again

Yeah looking at Richard's draft, he has 3 contenders I can see making it to the final. 😮 Chris has a pretty solid draft too.

Oh you. :claybleh: 

Time for this week's Youtube stats!

DWTS Season 29, Week 6 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Thursday 10/22 @ 11:20 PM)

1. Skai & Alan - Cha-Cha: 411,998 views / 10,363 likes / 399 dislikes
  2. Jeannie & Brandon - Rumba: 213,652 views / 4,567 likes /85 dislikes
  3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Samba: 210,805 views / 3,204 likes / 72 dislikes
  4. Nev & Jenna -  Jazz: 192,352 views / 4,404 likes / 50 dislikes
  5. Nelly & Daniella - Viennese Waltz: 183,882 views / 3,899 likes / 51 dislikes
  6. AJ & Cheryl - Samba: 174,257 views / 4,573 likes / 40 dislikes
  7. Chrishell & Gleb - Contemporary: 166,055 views / 2,881 likes / 42 dislikes
  8. Johnny & Britt - Salsa: 160,687 views / 2,654 likes / 128 dislikes
  9. Justina & Sasha - Viennese Waltz: 101,694 views / 2,839 likes / 25 dislikes
  10. Monica & Val - Rumba: 87,632 views / 1,301 likes / 64 dislikes
  11. Vernon & Peta - Cha-Cha: 72,295 views / 986 likes / 41 dislikes

Bonus:

Derek & Hayley - Paso Doble: 1,046,733 views / 21,335 likes / 115 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Skai & Alan - Cha-Cha
  2. AJ & Cheryl - Samba
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Rumba

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Vernon & Peta - Cha-Cha
  2. Monica & Val - Rumba
  3. Johnny & Britt - Salsa

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Skai & Alan - Cha-Cha
  2. Johnny & Britt - Salsa
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Rumba

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Justina & Sasha - Viennese Waltz
  2. AJ & Cheryl - Samba
  3. Vernon & Peta - Cha-Cha

13 hours ago, taylorkat said:

Jeannie in Top 3 dislikes? Not understanding that.

Yeah that was a surprise seeing her getting that many dislikes. :( But thinking  it could be because of her having amongst the most views with her dance. 

13 hours ago, Rampurewal said:

Also not understanding skai 

Skai's dances get far more views than everyone else, so she would naturally get more likes and dislikes because of that. And maybe the mistakes spiked up the dislikes from non-fans.