DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

On 10/7/2020 at 9:59 PM, *Lily said:

Lol even if this is true I’d stan even harder tbh :wub:

Oh my. :dead: 

22 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

It's Famous Dances Night all over again, both have way too much Jazz.  

Oh gosh I remember this too. :haha: 

3 hours ago, Rampurewal said:

Ooh i was expecting this to be something new. :haha: But yeah I remember this controversy.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheryl is draginggggggggg. Namedrops Nelly even lol.

Some of these couples could’ve done one of these styles instead of both Contemporary and Jazz which are essentially the same. 🙂    Let them do one but not other like they did in season 16!

Sharna straight after hearing that there are female spots open and the show has lost two blonde dancers:    

Time for some new Youtube stats!

DWTS Season 29, Week 4 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Thursday 10/8 @ 9:30 PM)

1. Skai & Alan - Foxtrot: 500,346 views / 12,217 likes / 96 dislikes
  2. AJ & Cheryl - Cha-Cha: 254,838 views / 6,174 likes / 64 dislikes
  3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Viennese Waltz: 229,241views / 3,756 likes / 45 dislikes
  4. Jeannie & Brandon - Tango: 208,929 views / 3,182 likes / 74 dislikes
  5. Nelly & Daniella - Paso Doble: 205,231 views / 3,376 likes / 109 dislikes
  6. Monica & Val - Samba: 164,257 views / 1,631 likes / 45 dislikes
  7. Nev & Jenna - Rumba: 149,066 views / 3,062 likes / 27 dislikes
  8. Johnny & Britt - Jive: 139,107 views / 2,662 likes / 47 dislikes
  9. Chrishell & Gleb - Foxtrot: 135,648 views / 2,180 likes / 44 dislikes
  10. Jesse & Sharna - Cha-Cha: 131,603 views / 1,862 likes / 37 dislikes
  11. Justina & Sasha - Salsa: 129,102 views / 3,660 likes / 21 dislikes
  12. Anne & Keo - Paso Doble: 81,464 views / 888 likes / 67 dislikes
  13. Vernon & Peta - Rumba: 61,324 views / 1,059 likes / 20 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Skai & Alan - Foxtrot
  2. AJ & Cheryl - Cha-Cha
  3. Kaitlyn & Artem - Viennese Waltz

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Anne & Keo - Paso Doble
  2. Vernon & Peta - Rumba
  3. Monica & Val - Samba

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Nelly & Daniella - Paso Doble
  2. Skai & Alan - Foxtrot
  3. Jeannie & Brandon - Tango

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Vernon & Peta - Rumba
  2. Justina & Sasha - Salsa
  3. Nev & Jenna - Rumba

Some fun ‘80s Night inspired photos of the cast! :haha: 

I’m sure more of the other cast will be posted later so I’ll post those later on.

The Week 6 press release is out!

The couples (with their dance choices and songs) are as follows: 
  • ·       Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Rumba to “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart
  • ·       Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Samba to “Sorry” by Justin Bieber
  • ·       Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Cha Cha to “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang
  • ·       Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Cha Cha to “Say So” by Dojo Cat, featuring Nicki Minaj
  • ·       Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Viennese Waltz to “She’s Always a Woman” by Billy Joel
  • ·       Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Samba to “Mi Gente” by J Balvin and Willy William
  • ·       Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Rumba to “You Gotta Be” by Des’ree
  • ·       GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Humble & Kind” by Tim McGraw
  • ·       TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Jazz to “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch
  • ·       Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing Contemporary to “Stars” by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
  • ·       Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Salsa to “On The Floor” by Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull

Perfect Cha-Cha song for Skai & Alan! :wub:

Ugh I loveeee Chrishell’s song too. This is the one dance I’m trusting Gleb to not mess up. 😨

Edited by *Lily

UGH was hoping that they'd actually give Kaitlyn an actually good Samba song when she got the style, so of course they give her "Sorry"

:haha: Although, I think she's one of the few this season who can actually handle Samba, so I think she'll be good despite the song choice.

Nev dancing a Jazz and having Jenna, one of the few pros capable of choreographing Jazz, is a recipe for success there. I wouldn't be surprised if he got the first perfect score of the season for it.

Also in love with Chrishell's song, :wub: I think this could be a shining moment for her. :yes: 

- I actually love “Sorry” so I am here for a Samba to that song.

:haha::bobo: I didn’t quite picture it for Kaitlyn but looking forward to seeing her improve from her last fast Latin dance, which was all the way from Week 1. Thinking this will be really good.

- Yeah this is the week for Chrishell to have her best dance and her chance to impress. This is the time for her to really take the judges criticism to heart on pointing her toes/feet and all of those technical elements as that is clear to see in a Contemporary. If Gleb messes this up and if she doesn’t bring it then her time is really coming up. But regardless, this should get her through. 

- Also love Skai’s, AJ’s, Jeannie’s and Johnny’s songs + styles combo here too. Same with Chrishell. Looking forward to all of those dances. Don’t omgaw!love Justina’s song per se but it’s a great song for that style and also looking forward to that dance.

- Interesting but fun song for Nev. Never thought of a Jazz for that song but this should be really good and fun to watch.

- Also OMGG Didn’t Lauren Alaina dance a VW to “Humble & Kind” last season? Sooo this is the 3rd song we’re already using from last year? OMGG. :dead: This will be a completely different side to Nelly. Not really sure what to expect for him here.

I also noticed this is a REALLY heavy Latin show (with two each of Rumba’s, Samba’s, Cha-Cha’s and a Salsa) and very light on ballroom (with only 2 Viennese Waltzes)

3 hours ago, Rampurewal said:

Jeannies jazz is the most viewed from the dances last night 

tenor.gif

SLAY Jeannie! :wub: I don't want to get too excited but thinking her fanbase may be bigger than I/we expect. At least I hope so.

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

SLAY Jeannie! :wub: I don't want to get too excited but thinking her fanbase may be bigger than I/we expect. At least I hope so.

She's my favorite, so I'm pleased to hear that!

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but how many weeks will this season have? It's about to be week 6 and there's still a whopping 11 couples left...the fall seasons usually end the week before Thanksgiving, right? I'm assuming there's going to be a double cut at some point? Bruno said during Jesse's critique "we're already halfway through"...unless this is going to be an extra long season?

2 hours ago, derrellsbrokenspirit said:

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but how many weeks will this season have? It's about to be week 6 and there's still a whopping 11 couples left...the fall seasons usually end the week before Thanksgiving, right? I'm assuming there's going to be a double cut at some point? Bruno said during Jesse's critique "we're already halfway through"...unless this is going to be an extra long season?

I read Nov 23 is the finale so that would be 11 weeks like last season.

There’s definitely some double eliminations planned to get down to 4 couples by the 23rd of November, then.

TBH, they should do the doubles now when there’s a considerable amount of fodder left and not later when we’re down to the good dancers. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, taylorkat said:

She's my favorite, so I'm pleased to hear that!

Love that you said this! :wub:  

6 hours ago, derrellsbrokenspirit said:

The fall seasons usually end the week of / a few days before Thanksgiving. But yeah the season should be 11 weeks.

30 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

There’s definitely some double eliminations planned to get down to 4 couples by the 23rd of November, then.

TBH, they should do the doubles now when there’s a considerable amount of fodder left and not later when we’re down to the good dancers. 

Lol yeah we realllyy do need some double eliminations. I wonder when they are going to happen? It's only going to get more brutal when we get down to all the good/great dancers.

I think they should have kicked off the season with a double cut at the end of week 2 for the first round of elimination. Then maybe another one when we're down to 10 to get down to 8. I hate it when double cuts happen later in the season for some reason. 

I actually hate double cuts period lol. They should just get 13 couples every season, and have eliminations start at week 2, and do 12 week seasons so by the final week, we're down to 3. 

I don't really get why they don't want to ever have the show go into December.

3 hours ago, derrellsbrokenspirit said:

I think they should have kicked off the season with a double cut at the end of week 2 for the first round of elimination. Then maybe another one when we're down to 10 to get down to 8. I hate it when double cuts happen later in the season for some reason. 

I actually hate double cuts period lol. They should just get 13 couples every season, and have eliminations start at week 2, and do 12 week seasons so by the final week, we're down to 3. 

I don't really get why they don't want to ever have the show go into December.

Ooh i agree with everything you said. Having a double elimination at Week 2 to get rid of Carole and Charles would have been very ideal and easygoing. And yeah I was also thinking having one a  Top 10 into Top 8 would have been good too. i personally like having DEs with an even amount of couples for some reason. :haha: 

Your format sounds and works well for me. And yeah with us getting just one season now ( :broken: ), I wouldn't mind them extending the season a little longer until early December. Especially when we have such large casts like this.

• Like 1

I’ve been meaning to post the GMA elimination interviews (and some other shows) of the eliminated couples but i always forgot to do so. These are some good watches. So I’ll post them from throughout the last few weeks. 

Jesse felt he had more to give, and was bummed that he didn’t get to reach his full potential. He also mentioned how he was most looking forward to ‘80s Night and felt it was ironic to leave on that night. They are rooting for Justina & Sasha to win, and Sharna mentions wanting to see Sasha winning the Mirrorball.

Pasha rooting for Nelly & Daniella to win, obviously. :giggle: Carole is rooting for Nelly & Skai. 

Thanks for posting these Wally!

I love that Rachel Lindsay is doing the Extra interviews. :wub: She’s a great host! Hope to see her on DWTS one day too ❤️ 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh i agree with everything you said. Having a double elimination at Week 2 to get rid of Carole and Charles would have been very ideal and easygoing. And yeah I was also thinking having one a  Top 10 into Top 8 would have been good too. i personally like having DEs with an even amount of couples for some reason. :haha: 

Your format sounds and works well for me. And yeah with us getting just one season now ( :broken: ), I wouldn't mind them extending the season a little longer until early December. Especially when we have such large casts like this.

I have a theory that they didn't start with a double elimination because they were trying to make it easy for Carole (the big ratings draw this season) to last at least a few weeks, no matter how terrible she was. They were gonna try to milk that as long as possible.

She still got kicked off week 3 though. And so, because of that, I was kind of expecting a double cut week 4. I figured they'd want to quickly burn off some filler contestants (which would have taken out Anne AND Monica that week which I would have been okay with haha), but that came and went...

So now I have no idea what they're doing. 

15 hours ago, *Lily said:

Thanks for posting these Wally!

I love that Rachel Lindsay is doing the Extra interviews. :wub: She’s a great host! Hope to see her on DWTS one day too ❤️ 

You're welcome! :hug: 

Ah yess Rachel is a new Extra correspondent this season, and is a great fit on there! ❤️ Hoping she does more DWTS interviews. And yess hopefully she does the show too, even though she seems to fear it from that interview.  :haha: :wub: 

14 hours ago, derrellsbrokenspirit said:

I have a theory that they didn't start with a double elimination because they were trying to make it easy for Carole (the big ratings draw this season) to last at least a few weeks, no matter how terrible she was. They were gonna try to milk that as long as possible.

She still got kicked off week 3 though. And so, because of that, I was kind of expecting a double cut week 4. I figured they'd want to quickly burn off some filler contestants (which would have taken out Anne AND Monica that week which I would have been okay with haha), but that came and went...

So now I have no idea what they're doing. 

Oooh yeah this is all true regarding Carole. Normally they don't do double eliminations right off the bat. Although they did with S9 with its 16 couple cast. But I do think the show wanted to have Carole in as long as possible for controversy, which didn't work in their favor.

Ugh yeah I just hope they have the double eliminations sooner rather than later. I think the Villians night would be a good time for it - although I still have nightmares of that Nikki and Vanessa double elimination on S25, so maybe I should be careful of what I wish for. :haha: