DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheryl is draginggggggggg. Namedrops Nelly even lol.

Sharna straight after hearing that there are female spots open and the show has lost two blonde dancers:    

Lmao the pros are so done with the judges this season. Can't even blame them.

Time for some Week 2 Youtube views stats! (!) 

DWTS Season 29, Week 2 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Friday 9/25 @ 1 PM)

1. Skai & Alan - Samba: 542,081 views / 10,885 likes / 232 dislikes
  2. Nelly & Daniella - Cha-Cha: 324,269 views / 3,766 likes / 110 dislikes
  3. Nev & Jenna - Cha-Cha: 269,448 views / 7,350 likes / 74 dislikes
  4. Kaitlyn & Artem - Foxtrot: 231,151 views / 3,305 likes / 33 dislikes
  5. Carole & Pasha - Viennese Waltz: 211,108 views / 1,431 likes / 731 dislikes
  6. Jeannie & Brandon - Cha-Cha: 200,539 views / 3,334 likes / 80 dislikes
  7. Chrishell & Gleb - Rumba: 147,401 views / 1,908 likes / 52 dislikes
  8. Johnny & Britt - Tango: 142,574 views / 1,979 likes / 61 dislikes
  9. Monica & Val - Jive: 127,515 views / 1,498 likes / 70 dislikes
  10. AJ & Cheryl - Foxtrot: 117,317 views / 2,435 likes / 19 dislikes
  11. Justina & Sasha - Foxtrot: 115,634 views / 3,327 likes / 19 dislikes
  12. Jesse & Sharna - Foxtrot: 98,810 views / 1,419 likes / 22 dislikes
  13. Anne & Keo - Foxtrot: 71,884 views / 1,031 likes / 17 dislikes
  14. Vernon & Peta - Paso Doble: 60,639 views / 895 likes / 17 dislikes
  15. Charles & Emma - Cha-Cha: 58,663 views / 791 likes / 36 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Skai & Alan - Samba

2. Nev & Jenna - Cha-Cha

3. Nelly & Daniella - Cha-Cha

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Charles & Emma - Cha-Cha

2. Vernon & Peta - Paso Doble

3. Anne & Keo - Foxtrot

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Carole & Pasha - Viennese Waltz
  2. Skai & Alan - Samba
  3. Nelly & Daniella - Cha-Cha

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Anne & Keo - Foxtrot/ Vernon & Peta - Paso Doble

3. Justina & Sasha - Foxtrot / AJ & Cheryl - Foxtrot

On 9/17/2020 at 10:39 PM, *Lily said:

It may have taken some choppy, last-minute graphic design work... but the drafts are here!

BumnNrI.png

Draft 1:

@*Chris - Kaitlyn Bristowe, Justina Machado, Nelly

@*Diana - Johnny Weir, Monica Aldama, Anne Heche

@Elliott - AJ McLean, Carole Baskin, Charles Oakley

@*Amanda - Jesse Metcalfe, Chrishell Stause

@*Wallace - Skai Jackson, Jeannie Mai

@Alex95 - Vernon Davis, Nev Schulman

IXgwWk7.png

Draft 2:

@rpryor03 - AJ McLean, Justina Machado, Nev Schulman

@.Rei - Johnny Weir, Vernon Davis, Carole Baskin

@*Lily - Jesse Metcalfe, Chrishell Stause, Monica Aldama

@anaandrade - Kaitlyn Bristowe, Skai Jackson, Charles Oakley

@Deeee - Jeannie Mai, Anne Heche

Wildcard - Nelly

Dee originally had Nelly on his team but has retracted the pick therefore he will be a Wildcard for Draft 2!

I’ll update the graphic tomorrow, but after the first two weeks, Rei and Ana are both down to 2, losing Carole and Charles respectively. Elliott is down to 1, losing both Charles and Carole.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, Solaris said:

Not Safe For Work No GIF

That is not sound logic

It's very logical. ❤️ 

13 hours ago, *Lily said:

I’ll update the graphic tomorrow, but after the first two weeks, Rei and Ana are both down to 2, losing Carole and Charles respectively. Elliott is down to 1, losing both Charles and Carole.

Elliott slaying the game! :wub:  

Now AJ to go next week. :giggle: LOL i'm teasing. :haha: 

CURRENT BEST DRAFT TEAMS BY AVERAGE SCORE

Draft 1

Alex - 20.3

Chris - 19.8

Wallace - 18.7

Diana - 18.6

Amanda - 18.5

Elliott - 15.3

Draft 2

Richard - 20.4

Lily - 18.6

Dee - 17.9

Ana - 17.7

Rei - 17.3

BIGGEST BUSTS

Draft 1

Elliott - Carole Baskin at 10
Diana - Johnny Weir at 2

Wallace - Skai Jackson at 5

Draft 2

Rei - Carole Baskin at 12
Richard - AJ McLean at 1
Dee - Nelly at 5
Rei - Johnny Weir at 2
Lily - Chrishell Stause at 8
Ana - Skai Jackson at 7

STEAL PICKS

Draft 1

Diana - Anne Heche at 14

Chris - Justina Machado at 12

Alex - Nev Schulman at 7

Draft 2

Dee - Anne Heche at 15

Richard - Nev Schulman at 11

Richard - Justina Machado at 10

Lily - Monica Aldama at 13

Ana - Kaitlyn Bristowe at 4

• Like 1

Press release out!

Dancing with the Stars: Top 13 (10/5)

Sept. 29, 2020

IT’S AN EXCITING AND EMOTIONAL NIGHT OF COMPETITION AS
13 CELEBRITY AND PRO-DANCER COUPLES COMPETE ANOTHER WEEK FOR THE COVETED MIRRORBALL TROPHY ON ABC’S ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’
MONDAY, OCT. 5

“Top 13” – After a memorable “Disney Night,” 13 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete for the fourth week live for the 2020 season, MONDAY, OCT. 5 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

The show will start with a comedic PSA cold open, followed by Skai Jackson giving a powerful tribute to her friend and fellow actor Cameron Boyce, as well as AJ McLean walking down memory lane on his Backstreet Boys journey since the beginning.

Live votes (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.

Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including “Rise” by Katy Perry, “Smooth” by Santana featuring Rob Thomas, “Adore You” by Harry Styles and “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John.

The couples (with their dance choices and songs) are as follows:

Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Samba to “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus
Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Beautiful Crazy” by Luke Combs
Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Rumba to “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green
TV and film actress Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe dancing the Paso Doble to “Rise” by Katy Perry
Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Foxtrot to “Ordinary People” by John Legend
Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Salsa to “Que Viva La Vida” by Wisin
Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Cha Cha to “Larger Than Life” by Backstreet Boys
Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Tango to “Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes
TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Cha Cha to “Smooth” by Santana featuring Rob Thomas
GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Paso Doble to “All I Do is Win” by DJ Khalid
TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Rumba to “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion
Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Foxtrot to “Adore You” by Harry Styles
Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Jive to “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John

Thanks for posting the press release there, Lily! :hug: I'll put some thoughts below....

- Will Monica’s Samba be better than Mischa’s to that same song? Lmao let’s hope so.

- Oooh interesting how Anne has a Paso Doble to the same song as Laurie did. That was one of my lesser faves from Laurie but still can’t see Anne matching that.

- Skai doing a tribute dance to Cameron Boyce? We are NOT ready for this. :’( This is going  to be so emotional and touching.

- Omggg Justina is gonna come back strong with that Salsa. This was the style I was most looking forward to from her.

- I was curious which BSB song AJ was going to dance to, as Nick danced to two of them on his run. And lol now AJ is dancing to one of those songs. :haha: Never imagined 

- OMGG Nelly doing a Paso to “All I Do Is Win”? That song is a JAM! But never imagine a Paso to this song…. so I am curious to see how this all turns out.

- Excited to see Jeannie take on a Tango with a different character.

Looking forward to all of the dances.

11 hours ago, Elliott said:

I got two of those lines mixed up and read “doing a rumba to All I Do is Win”

...that would’ve been the best dance of the season, don’t @ me.

I mean, with some of the song/style combinations over the ears, I could see this being a real thing. :haha: 

Some theme weeks revealed here. 80s Week and Villains Week (in place of the Halloween show?).

https://www.tvguide.com/news/derek-hough-will-return-to-the-dance-floor-on-dancing-with-the-stars/

Also reveals that Derek and Hayley will be dancing in a few weeks, and the other Backstreet Boys will be ‘digitally’ joining AJ’s performance on Monday.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:50 PM, Elliott said:

I got two of those lines mixed up and read “doing a rumba to All I Do is Win”

...that would’ve been the best dance of the season, don’t @ me.

UGH now that you said this, I want to see this. 😢 :haha: 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, *Amanda said:

I mean, with some of the song/style combinations over the ears, I could see this being a real thing. :haha: 

LOL IKR? :dead:  

20 hours ago, *Lily said:

Some theme weeks revealed here. 80s Week and Villains Week (in place of the Halloween show?).

https://www.tvguide.com/news/derek-hough-will-return-to-the-dance-floor-on-dancing-with-the-stars/

Also reveals that Derek and Hayley will be dancing in a few weeks, and the other Backstreet Boys will be ‘digitally’ joining AJ’s performance on Monday.

Thanks for all of this. I knew of the 80s Week happening but didn't know of anything else. Villains week sounds interesting. 😮 Curious how this BSB digitally joining in performance will work out.

20 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Now that Carole and Charles are both gone, it's going to get tough to see who gets eliminated. 

I guess we just need someone to crash and burn with a Babyface Tango type of trainwreck:

Yeah with Carole & Charles gone, the rest of the season is going to be very unpredictable. Outside of  Kaitlyn & Nev, there are only 10 points from the overall leaderboard that separates everyone else. 😮 

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kaitlyn is already a lot better than Hannah 👀

It's hard for me to compare with Kaitlyn only having 3 weeks. But my comparison breakdowns

Week 1: Both danced Cha-Chas. Both gave solid & fun dances with very good and promising techique.

Week 2: Both danced soft lyrical ballroom routines. I did prefer Hannah's VW slightly more over Kaitlyn's Foxtrot.

Week 3: Both danced Rumbas. This was my least favorite Hannah dance and Kaitlyn's Rumba was superior so Kaitlyn wins this out.

So it's close for me. But i think Kaitlyn will bring the stronger Latin dances over Hannah. Could be a tight call with ballroom.

2 hours ago, totes4totes said:

no she def is. because kaitlyn has a background in dance. as she used to be a dancer.

Wasn't Hannah a dancer too? Although maybe her dance background isn't as extensive as Kaitlyn's.

Personally I think Kaitlyn has been stronger in her first few weeks than Hannah was. That being said I think they both had solid starts in the competition. I feel like maybe Kaitlyn’s dances have felt..a little more at ease if that makes sense? Dancing feels a lot more natural to her which I guess is down to her having more experience. I sometimes felt that Hannah’s dances were strong technically but maybe missing something extra, like the character of the performance. I did wonder if that maybe sometimes drew back to her background in pageants? It’s something she really grew on over the season though. Whereas Kaitlyn I feel like has maintained a good balance of the characterisation and the technique.

Edited by *Lily