DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

*Lily

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Skai gets another song I love mashed with a style that doesn’t make sense. Ugh I also hope this isn’t a reoccurring theme either.

Yeah idk what’s going on here :dead: Love the song but would have liked to see Skai get a better fitting song for the dance.

18 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Week 2 Styles are spoiled!

Reveal hidden contents

The couples are (with their dance choice and song) the following:

• head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Jive to “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
  • animal activist Carole Baskin (“Tiger King”) and pro Pasha Pashkov dancing the Viennese Waltz to “What’s New Pussycat” by Tom Jones
  • Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Foxtrot to “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
  • Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Foxtrot to “We Found Love!” by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
  • TV and film actress Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe dancing the Foxtrot to “Counting Stars” by One Republic
  • Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Samba to “Miss Independent” by Neyo
  • actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Rumba to “When You Believe” by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
  • Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Foxtrot to “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head” by Dean Martin
  • Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Cha Cha to “Roses” by SAINt JHN
  • TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Foxtrot to “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac
  • GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Cha Cha to “Let’s Grove” by Earth, Wind & Fire
  • TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Cha Cha to “Dynamite” by BTS
  • NBA superstar Charles Oakley (“The Last Dance”) and pro Emma Slater dancing the Cha Cha to “Never. Too Much” by Luther Vandross
  • actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Rumba to “This is Me” by Keala Settle & “The Greatest Showman” ensemble
  • Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Tango to “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga

Link: https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/episodes/first-elimination-1/

Re-posting for the next page.... so we don't have to go back to the last page to see the spoilers.

(Lmao oops Lily re-quoted it haha)

14 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

WOW CAROLE WE GET IT YOU LIKE CATS HAHA SO FUNNY!

:dead: 

8 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Thanks for posting Wally! 😄 

Guessing Vernon’s is a typo because it’s the dance he had this week. Idk what dance style they’d use for that yet...I feel like Paso would be most natural but I could see Cha-Cha or Tango.

You're welcome! :hug: 

Mhmmm yeah Vernon is a mistake. Oooh I never thought of a Paso for that song but i could see it working for a Tango or Cha-Cha possibly.

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah idk what’s going on here :dead: Love the song but would have liked to see Skai get a better fitting song for the dance.

Ughhh same. 😐 I really don't know what they are doing with her song/styles combo lmao.

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Skai becoming the celeb with the wacky song/style combinations. :dead: 

Alan already had some crazy song/style match-ups last year with Hannah and now it’s happening again. He can’t catch a break. :haha: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpryor03 said:

Eh-b-fIVkAAtGms?format=jpg&name=large

A comedic cold open? Please lord, take me now.

LOL oh goodness. 😐 :dead: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Weren’t the press releases last year constantly wrong about styles? I remember Wally having to adjust everyone’s score like 2 or 3 times every week because the routines weren’t always correct. :rofl:

Ughh yeah. It was a common thing nearly every other week. 😐 :haha: 

51 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Skai becoming the celeb with the wacky song/style combinations. :dead: 

Alan already had some crazy song/style match-ups last year with Hannah and now it’s happening again. He can’t catch a break. :haha: 

:dead:  

#PoorAlan. :haha: 

But also,  looking at the dance style spoilers, I'm kinda disappointed that not everyone got the opposite genre than what they did week 1. It would've been nice to see everyone tackle 1 Latin and 1 Ballroom dance before the first elimination like they did in some of older seasons when there was no week 1 elimination.

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

But also,  looking at the dance style spoilers, I'm kinda disappointed that not everyone got the opposite genre than what they did week 1. It would've been nice to see everyone tackle 1 Latin and 1 Ballroom dance before the first elimination like they did in some of older seasons when there was no week 1 elimination.

Ugh yeah I always wish they would do this with the couples like they used to. :( 

• Like 1

DWTS Season 29, Week 1 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Thursday 9/17 @ 4:10 PM)

1. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble: 2,292,844 views / 12,084 likes / 27,159 dislikes
  2. Skai & Alan - Tango: 1,391,792 views / 26,952 likes / 3,223 dislikes
  3. Nelly & Daniella - Salsa: 481,386 views / 9,019 likes / 101 dislikes
  4. Jeannie & Brandon - Salsa: 458,042 views / 8,466 likes / 198 dislikes
  5. Kaitlyn & Artem - Cha-Cha: 446,762 views / 4,342 likes / 138 dislikes
  6. Chrishell & Gleb - Tango: 403,588 views / 3,183 likes / 235 dislikes
  7. AJ & Cheryl - Jive: 371,332 views / 6,030 likes / 105 dislikes
  8. Johnny & Britt - Cha-Cha: 298,016 views / 4,758 likes / 97 dislikes
  9. Nev & Jenna - Foxtrot: 262,642 views / 5,317 likes / 54 dislikes
  10. Justina & Sasha - Cha-Cha: 262,363 views / 6,812 likes / 45 dislikes
  11. Jesse & Sharna - Quickstep: 226,444 views / 2,624 likes / 50 dislikes
  12. Monica & Val - Foxtrot: 174,704 views / 2,296 likes / 25 dislikes
  13. Anne & Keo - Cha-Cha: 152,476 views / 1,598 likes / 54 dislikes
  14. Vernon & Peta - Foxtrot: 121,123 views / 1,515 likes / 25 dislikes
  15. Charles & Emma - Salsa: 104,523 views / 1,017 likes / 79 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Skai & Alan - Tango

2. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble

3. Nelly & Daniella - Salsa

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Charles & Emma - Salsa

2. Vernon & Peta - Foxtrot

3. Anne & Keo - Cha-Cha

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Carole & Pasha - Paso Doble
  2. Skai & Alan - Tango
  3. Chrishell & Gleb - Tango

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Monica & Val - Foxtrot / Vernon & Peta - Foxtrot

3. Justina & Sasha - Cha-Cha

So we all knew about Carole’s dance having over 2 million views and Skai’s with over a million views. But lmao Carole having more than half the amount of dislikes vs the likes. :dead:  Also pleasantly surprised Jeannie's view count is so high. ❤️ 

It may have taken some choppy, last-minute graphic design work... but the drafts are here!

BumnNrI.png

Draft 1:

@*Chris - Kaitlyn Bristowe, Justina Machado, Nelly

@*Diana - Johnny Weir, Monica Aldama, Anne Heche

@Elliott - AJ McLean, Carole Baskin, Charles Oakley

@*Amanda - Jesse Metcalfe, Chrishell Stause

@*Wallace - Skai Jackson, Jeannie Mai

@Alex95 - Vernon Davis, Nev Schulman

IXgwWk7.png

Draft 2:

@rpryor03 - AJ McLean, Justina Machado, Nev Schulman

@.Rei - Johnny Weir, Vernon Davis, Carole Baskin

@*Lily - Jesse Metcalfe, Chrishell Stause, Monica Aldama

@anaandrade - Kaitlyn Bristowe, Skai Jackson, Charles Oakley

@Deeee - Jeannie Mai, Anne Heche

Wildcard - Nelly

Dee originally had Nelly on his team but has retracted the pick therefore he will be a Wildcard for Draft 2!

I was nervous about having some drafts with only 2 picks as opposed to the others getting 3, but I think they all turned out good! So I'm hoping everyone who got 2 picks are happy with their choices there. :haha:

(I should have given them each judges as draft picks and then as soon as they make a terrible decision I could eliminate them)

Edited by *Lily

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

I had no idea he has been convicted of rape before and has multiple reports against him! I am surprised that I have never heard this news. 

I heard he was accused but I didn’t know he was convicted of it. 😐