idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Lily

DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

Interesting article detailing changes for the show this season.

Some things to note - a lot of these expected but all confirmed now:

- 11 week season

- Judges' desk has been widened, eight feet apart each judge

- No live band or audience

- No extra dancers or set pieces for numbers

- No sky lounge, couples will socially distance around the balcony to watch the other dances

- Dancers tested 5 times a week

Dancing With The Stars

The ballroom looks like it'll be stunning, too!! BB and DWTS both really upgrading their sets during the pandemic.

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

I don’t think anyone is upset to see the live band go, considering they butchered every song. :giggle: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Dancing With The Stars

The ballroom looks like it'll be stunning, too!! BB and DWTS both really upgrading their sets during the pandemic.

Agree - I really like the look of the set, it's very snazzy.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure yet if this would work or whether people would be down for it, but I was thinking about maybe even doing a draft this season? I thought it could be quite fun to maybe have a couple sets going where people have 3 celebs each or something.

Of course it may be a little more predictable than the BB/Survivor drafts (I'm sure none of you would be rushing to pick Carole for example), but even so, I was looking at the list of contestants and think there could be a lot of promising dancers in the season. And I'm sure we'll have a great mix of games going on throughout the season, so doesn't hurt to add in one more!

Let me know if you'd be interested, and if there's enough interest I'll get something set up by the Monday :thumbs:

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I'm not quite sure yet if this would work or whether people would be down for it, but I was thinking about maybe even doing a draft this season? I thought it could be quite fun to maybe have a couple sets going where people have 3 celebs each or something.

Of course it may be a little more predictable than the BB/Survivor drafts (I'm sure none of you would be rushing to pick Carole for example), but even so, I was looking at the list of contestants and think there could be a lot of promising dancers in the season. And I'm sure we'll have a great mix of games going on throughout the season, so doesn't hurt to add in one more!

Let me know if you'd be interested, and if there's enough interest I'll get something set up by the Monday :thumbs:

Interested. 

• Like 1

I suppose I should get the “Rank the Couples” thread up tonight so people have plenty of time to get pre-season rankings in.

Thinking about it, I better get this set up pretty soon just so there’s enough time between now and Monday night for people to sign up and then have time to pick contestants!

DRAFT

1. @*Lily

2. @Deeee

Let me know if you want in, I think at least 10 (2 drafts, 5 people with 3 picks each) would be a solid number but obviously if we get more interest I’ll expand and work something out!

Edited by *Lily

I might prefer the lack of extra set pieces.  This could make it more like the first few seasons.

I'm also hoping that Derek can somewhat compensate for the excessive nitpicking by way of his scoring.  This could be a refreshing change.  Same thing goes with no live band.

Will #lowstandards finally be toned down?

6 hours ago, *Lily said:

- No live band or audience

They should’ve been canned immediately after their disrespect to Little Mix but at least it’s happening now. 

5 hours ago, *Lily said:

Thinking about it, I better get this set up pretty soon just so there’s enough time between now and Monday night for people to sign up and then have time to pick contestants!

DRAFT

1. @*Lily

2. @Deeee

Let me know if you want in, I think at least 10 (2 drafts, 5 people with 3 picks each) would be a solid number but obviously if we get more interest I’ll expand and work something out!

legally blonde GIF by Meg Lewis

• Like 1

6 hours ago, *Lily said:

No live band or audience

About time.

Actual response of me learning about Sharna coming back then Artem coming back (babe😍) then Derek coming back

kombucha-girl.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

DRAFT

1. *Lily

2. Deeee

3. Elliott

4. anaandrade

Me!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Actual response of me learning about Sharna coming back then Artem coming back (babe😍) then Derek coming back

kombucha-girl.gif

OMG SIS ❤️ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

DRAFT

1. *Lily

2. Deeee

3. Elliott

4. anaandrade

5. Alex95

6. *Chris

19 hours ago, *Lily said:

We have confirmation!

https://www.dancedishwithkb.com/amp/confirmed-season-29-celebs-dancing-with-the-stars#click=https://t.co/S6MfZUXxNs

Johnny has Britt and Charles has Emma.

Personally I’m excited for Britt getting a ringer because who knows how long this show will last :wub: If she got an obvious early boot and then the show got canned I would have been lowkey mad. :haha:

Oooh very hapy for Britt. I do feel bad for Emma though. But someone had to get Charles. :( 

16 hours ago, *Lily said:

I think Britt has definitely lucked out here, probably up there with Brandon in terms of getting a strong debut partner. Saying that, regardless of her prior experience, or the way in which she was cast, I do think she has been training hard as well as having good experience in the troupe. I understand why there are some concerns to her own background, but I much prefer this to an Allison situation where she got brought in without any troupe/DWTS experience (this is no shade to Allison who I do like, but the decision to cast her definitely was a bit of an eyebrow-raiser). I for one am really excited about this partnership and the opportunity to see what Britt has lined up.

This is Emma's twelfth season as a pro, she's won a mirrorball, she's made three finales and she's had a variety of partners, good and (yes, mostly) bad, all of which I think she's worked great with. I think this works out as a better partnership honestly - Charles is probably one of the biggest fish out of water in this celebrity cast and I think giving him an experienced pro who has worked with a variety of partners will perhaps make the experience more comfortable for him. Plus, her first NBA player which I'm looking forward to seeing!

You bring up a lot of good points on both sides here. :yes:  Especially regarding Emma. Even thouh she gets a lot of bad dancers/duds  throughout her run..... she is kind of the pro that makes the experience easiest on non dancers and can get them more at ease with performing and having fun. I guess that's because she's very relaxed and easygoing amongst the pros.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, *Lily said:

DRAFT

1. @*Lily

2. @Deeee

I'll join in.

• Like 1

DRAFT

1. *Lily

2. Deeee

3. Elliott

4. anaandrade
5. Alex95

6. *Chris

7. *Wallace

Looking for at least 3 more people to join! I’ll probably give this up to Friday/early Saturday to sign up and then can sort out the choices over the weekend/by Monday.

47 minutes ago, *Diana said:

kombucha-girl.gif

Diana! 😮 :hug: 

• Like 1