DWTS Season 29 Discussion Thread

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sharna straight after hearing that there are female spots open and the show has lost two blonde dancers:    

Britt talks about what it means for her being a Black female pro on the show:   https://www.eonline.com/amp/news/1181015/dancing-with-the-stars-britt-stewart-is-honored-to-be-the-first-black

If Derek’s not announcing that he and Kellie Pickler are personally delivering the mirror ball trophy to Zendaya that they robbed from her then I don’t want to hear it.

Poor Tom but is it any surprise? The last good season for us was S25 - the 3 seasons since then were dire and we only had to watch for 2 hours whereas Tom was having to work on it and saw much more than we did. Plus, the current producer joined in S26 and seems like an absolute idiot, we already know that he and Tom butted heads over Spicer so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a tense working environment by the end and Tom was maybe fed up with it.

Shame but he'll move on to better things. Talented guy. Karma always works out in the end - hopefully in 5 years from now, Tom has picked up plenty more gigs while Andrew Llinares goes down with the DWTS ship and his performance as producer means he won't be hired to produce ruin any other shows.

1 hour ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

while Andrew Llinares goes down with the DWTS ship and his performance as producer means he won't be hired to produce ruin any other shows.

people that executive produce shows don't exactly. just not produce anymore once they're done. it's more likely that he chooses to leave for another reality television show than like. he tanks dwts somehow to the point where it gets cancelled and ruins his career. 

19 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i only hope abby wambach is on this season so i could unload all of my abby wambach gossip

I would like to hear it.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I would like to hear it.

my favorite fact is that in her first book (since she now has a second) abby wambach stated that she was dating a team member who broke it off because she claimed that being together was bad luck. in the regular version of the book she never specifies a name. but in the young reader version she explicitly states that it's megan rapinoe. WHY DO THE CHILDREN GET TO KNOW ABBY.

(also. sue bird has been really good for megan rapinoe who used to be a total f*boi but that's a DIFFERENT gossip thread).

The final four names have been confirmed as well as the full line-up!

Justina Machado

Nev Schulman

Johnny Weir

Charles Oakley

All seem like strong bookings! Excited to see Justina, I haven’t seen One Day at a Time but know it’s super popular on Netflix. Nev is an interesting choice! I feel like Johnny has been overdue for this show :haha: Makes a lot of sense to see him here, can see him doing well. While I’m not too familiar with Charles/many of the NBA players on the show, he seems like a great choice!!

Full cast, with most of the ‘confirmed’ pairs (I’m not sure why they are set on keeping these quiet again. :haha:)

Monica Aldama & Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Carole Baskin & Pasha Pashkov

Kaitlyn Bristowe & Artem Chigvintsev
Vernon Davis & Peta Murgatroyd

Anne Heche & Keo Motsepe

Skai Jackson & Alan Bersten

Justina Machado & Sasha Farber

Jeannie Mai & Brandon Armstrong

AJ McLean & Cheryl Burke

Jesse Metcalfe & Sharna Burgess
Nelly & Daniella Karagach

Charles Oakley & ???

Nev Schulman & Jenna Johnson

Chrishell Stause & Gleb Savchenko
Johnny Weir & ??? 

I’ve gotta say, overall I think this cast turned out to be pretty good! I haven’t got the chance to see any of the GMA segment yet, but on paper - early favourites are Skai, Chrishell and Jeannie. Excited for this season!

On 5/14/2020 at 11:08 PM, *Lily said:

This isn't a wish list pick but... why do I have a horrible feeling this show is going to try and cast Carole Baskin? :dead:

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:202198?quality=0.8

Edited by *Lily
  • Haha 2

Hoping and praying for Charles/Britt and Johnny/Emma. What height is Britt? I'm with @Ariel1989 - if they give her a ringer on her first go despite not being a ballroom/latin dancer, I'll none too pleased. She's lucky to be a pro at all.

Cool cast though, right? Johnny about 10 years too late but still excited to see him.

My guesses for the final 4 would be AJ, Kaitlyn, Johnny and either Vernon or Jesse depending on their dance ability. I think that Monica and Skai may struggle with the votes.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Don't know why Peta didn't get Charles. Not sure on Britt's height but he's too tall for Emma - 4 inches taller than Drew who towered over her.

I guess they didn't want to give Peta two NBA players in a row.  

It says here Britt is 5' 7", two inches taller than Emma.  . Who knows if it's accurate though.  

Edited by Ariel1989
6 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

I guess they didn't want to give Peta two NBA players in a row.  

It says here Britt is 5' 7", two inches taller than Emma.  . Who knows if it's accurate though.  

That's what you get if you're the tallest pro though. If they weren't willing to give Peta two NBA guys in a row, they shouldn't have cast one as tall as Charles.

I never expected him to be good but the height difference officially rules out any chance he has of doing well.

Not sure how credible that source is TBH.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
2 hours ago, *Lily said:

The final four names have been confirmed as well as the full line-up!

Justina Machado

Nev Schulman

Johnny Weir

Charles Oakley

All seem like strong bookings! Excited to see Justina, I haven’t seen One Day at a Time but know it’s super popular on Netflix. Nev is an interesting choice! I feel like Johnny has been overdue for this show :haha: Makes a lot of sense to see him here, can see him doing well. While I’m not too familiar with Charles/many of the NBA players on the show, he seems like a great choice!!

OMIGOD I AM SO EXCITED FOR JUSTINA MACHADO

• Like 2

We’ve seen some mismatched height pairings before, so I’m also guessing this was down to not wanting to give Peta two basketball players back to back.

My guess right now would be Charles getting Britt. I can see her maybe getting a more challenging partner for her first season. Saying that, I feel like I could see her personality meshing best with Johnny. So idk what to expect here. :haha: