Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

14. SANDRA BULLOCK

tenor.gif?itemid=16180519

When-Her-Fake-Crying-Practice-Pays-Off-Sort.gif

Gracie Hart - Miss Congeniality (2000)

Film Synopsis: When a terrorist threatens to bomb the Miss United States pageant, the FBI rushes to find a female agent to go under cover as a contestant. Unfortunately, Gracie is the only female FBI agent who can "look the part" despite her complete lack of refinement and femininity. She prides herself in being "just one of the boys" and is horrified at the idea of becoming a girly girl. Bullock also garnered a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical nomination. The film has gained a cult following since its release.

GIGI: 1

WALLACE: 4

STEVEN: 8

REI: 12

DEREK: 13

QK: 13

TOM: 15

CHRIS: 17

ALEX: 18

ELLIOTT: 20

GIGI

She's one of my favorite actresses and I love this role, so it's an automatic first.

WALLACE

Love Sandra and love this movie. She’s at her comedic best in this movie!

STEVEN

Miss Congeniality is hilarious, and Sandra Bullock's charm and humor help elevate the film. She's so good in this film, and I doubt any other actress could've done as well as her in this role. Even though I think she was more impressive in Gravity, I'm not mad at Miss Congeniality being her winning role here. This is a film I could watch many times and still find it funny, and that's thanks to Sandra Bullock's great comedic performance.

REI

I C O N I C

DEREK

Never forget that Wally murdered Gravity. Miss Congeniality is a fantastic movie but I don't think this role will do well in a rankdown about acting. GRAVITY. Robbed in the Films rankdown by Victoria and here by Wally. The North Remembers.

QK

I have seen Speed too many times to count really. I also liked her in the Blind Side and several other movies as well.

TOM

Not one of my top favorites from Sandra, oops.

CHRIS

This movie is Sandra Bullock. She does good in it but again, not a role that I would call worthy of winning this final ranking.

ALEX

The only movie I haven't seen here. Maybe I should watch it before ranking, but I won't.

ELLIOTT

IMAGINE LETTING THIS MOVIE WIN OVER F*CKING GRAVITY. THE MOVIE WHERE SHE SPENDS 75% OF THE TWO-HOUR RUNTIME BY HERSELF AND SLAYING. THE EMOTIONS. THE DEPTH. THE ACTING SKILLS. ONLY FOR THIS FILM TO WIN OVER IT. I HATE IT HERE.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#14 Posted)
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2020 at 10:00 PM, Steven_ said:

2. DR. RYAN STONE - GRAVITY (2013)

Film Synopsis: Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is a medical engineer on her first shuttle mission. Her commander is veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney), helming his last flight before retirement. Then, during a routine space walk by the pair, disaster strikes: The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Ryan and Matt stranded in deep space with no link to Earth and no hope of rescue. As fear turns to panic, they realize that the only way home may be to venture further into space. At the 86th Academy Awards, Gravity received ten nominations, including Best Actress for Bullock and Best Picture.

DEE: 1 - Duh. The way she should have been stripped of her Oscar for The Blind Side, which was rightfully deserved by Sidibe, and actually awarded for this movie instead.

DEREK: 1 - Robbed in the film rankdown, one of my favorite movies of all time.

ELLIOTT: 1

ANDY: 3 - You could argue that this is Sandra's best acting performance and I wouldn't even disagree with you. She IS this movie.

CHRIS: 3

SOLA: 6

TOM: 6

DIANA: 7

WALLACE: 15

13. JOAQUIN PHOENIX

tumblr_mhrx8aKlgu1r28ha4o1_500.gif

The+Master.gif

Freddie Quell - The Master (2012)

Film Synopsis: Freddie Quell (Joaquin Phoenix) is a troubled, boozy drifter struggling with the trauma of World War II and whatever inner demons ruled his life before that. On a fateful night in 1950, Freddie boards a passing boat and meets Lancaster Dodd (Philip Seymour Hoffman), the charismatic leader of a religious movement called the Cause. Freddie tries hard to adhere to Dodd's weird teachings and forms a close bond with his mentor, even as other members of Dodd's inner circle see him as a threat. Joaquin Phoenix received Best Actor nominations at the Oscars and Golden Globes for this role.

ALEX: 2

CHRIS: 2
QK: 5
DEREK: 10

ELLIOTT: 13

GIGI: 13

TOM: 16

REI: 18

WALLACE: 19

STEVEN: 20

ALEX

One of the best performances in the history of cinema.

CHRIS

The way Joaquin also transformed into every character he takes on is truly impressive & his portrayal in this movie is no exception; One of his best role & his acting certainly made the film.

QK

I loved him in Gladiator and several other movies that he was in.

DEREK

Didn't expect this to win the mini-rankdown, but I'll take it.

ELLIOTT

I'm just glad Joker didn't win.

GIGI

I like psychological dramas, but I prefer Walk the Line for him instead.

TOM

I see this stars Andy's favorite old actor Joaquin Phoenix. I'm not the biggest war movie fan and still couldn't find the time to watch this but I'm sure he did a good job!

REI

He is a fine actor and he is great in this role. But my dislike for him and this movie prevent me to rank him higher.

WALLACE

Don’t care for him and don’t know this movie.

STEVEN

Joaquin Phoenix is a good actor, but I was not a fan of The Master or his role in the film.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#13 Posted)
  • Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)